Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm confused by Phyllis' big idea.  Get-aways tailor-made to each guest?  Is there a menu of options, or is it absolutely anything you want?  Say a guest wants the bathtub painted black and filled with lime Jell-o, and twelve groundhogs in the room with a trapeze over the bed, Phyllis can make that happen?  Is it like Fantasy Island?  Is she hiring a little person?  Whatever, can we please never see her and Nick play video games ever again?  So stupid.  I wonder how many times somebody has walked into a room where Nick has been and wondered what that smell is?

Me, Me, Snaporaz, that's MY idea of a fantasy getaway!  All I need added is some sort of automatic Kettle Corn dispenser and Barry White in the background......

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Come on, Chelsea. You are not so stupid to think Sharon would buy that ruse about Adam. Turns out she's not that stupid either.

Does that work, showing people with dementia videos of moments of their life? Seems to me it might be upsetting for Dina.

Why were Billy and Victoria acting like they hadn't seen each other in a while? Doesn't he see their kids regularly?

Maybe Billy's been staying away from Victoria because  he's scared of her hair. It's way too soon for Halloween costumes so I don't know why she's running around trying to look like Cousin Itt from the Addams Family. 😼

And speaking of hair, oy, Nikki. Surely that's a wig, and kind of a cheap one for the wife of a billionaire.

TMW you're a CEO of a major international company and your mommy shows up to give you the third degree. Good grief, Nik. Maybe you should've turned Victoria over your knee and given her a spanking for not obeying you. 😑

Lol, that press conference was like Victoria grabbed Victor by the balls in public. And came away with a handful of sagebrush and dead crickets. 🤤

I actually liked Billy's suit today and thought he looked rather dashing. He did too, it seemed. 😒 His attempts at showing some swagger are cracking me up.

So what are Victor and Adam going to do now, start a new company to compete with NE? Nick already tried that with Dark Horse and Victor likely doesn't have enough years left to be building another company from the ground up with his bare hands. 🙄

Now Jabot has another cosmetics division. (Brass & Sassy?) Bet they'll recruit Faith as their spokesmodel.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Chelsea looked pretty good today. She finally wore a dress that she didn’t design herself. 

I would imagine that Olive Oyl’s hair weighs more than she does. So Olive Oyl sold her baby, Brash and Sassy, to Jabot and the media company (I didn’t know Newman had one) to Nostrils. Olive cut off her noes to spite her face.  Next she’ll sell the real estate division to Banana Breath. Yes Olive, Victor is still Chairman of The Board and you serve at his pleasure. 

Chelsea capitulates in allowing Sharon to work with Adam in regaining his memory. I guess Sharon’s history with Adam is experience enough for her to help. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Catching up and the last several episodes.

Glad its back. Seriously!!

Um, Donny Boaz (Chance) clearly has a home gym. He so goofy and unattractive to me but when the shirt came off I kind of get the appeal. It's harder for guys that tall to get some serious muscle definition. 

Marissa's contract must not have brought her back for one final episode. 

Chelsea is still the most superfluous character to me. Quarantine sure didn't change that. Although maybe bring Anita back since poor Daisy Duke lost some residuals for sure over the last 6 months.

I almost wish they wouldn't re-pair Nick and Phyllis and JUST do the "Phyllis bought dinosaur bones online" storyline. She's better when she's over the top and feuding....almost a comedic side-character? I do like her banter with Abby!

Sharon's storyline is really hitting me, but for personal reasons. During quarantine/COVID era I had someone once very, VERY close to me reach out about a cancer diagnosis. Soaps still have that ability in many ways to hit a nerve and change your tune. A plotline you eye-rolled at or merely tolerated is suddenly the one that puts a lump in your throat!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 13

The more I watch Phyllis on Y&R and Lucy Coe on GH, the more I realize why I’m about to quit watching both shows. They are so twitchy, herkyjerky, OVER THE TOP that they’re almost impossible for me to tolerate. They make me twitchy and herkyjerky. I realize that their “personas” are over the top but it seems to me that both actresses carry it way too far. These are allegedly grown women.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Just to add, the hair on these women is just tragic. Vicki-get that hair out of your face. Nikki-that wig is too awful for words. Sharon-as always, your hair is so unattractive and has been for the past 10 years. And then there’s Chelsea. Dear God woman. Your hair and your clothes are beyond sad. You do know that you’re on television, don’t you?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

The more I watch Phyllis on Y&R and Lucy Coe on GH, the more I realize why I’m about to quit watching both shows. They are so twitchy, herkyjerky, OVER THE TOP that they’re almost impossible for me to tolerate. They make me twitchy and herkyjerky. I realize that their “personas” are over the top but it seems to me that both actresses carry it way too far. These are allegedly grown women.

And then there's Gaspy McHeavingbosom. Makes me as cranky as the cranky old lady I am.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And then there's Gaspy McHeavingbosom. Makes me as cranky as the cranky old lady I am.

Hahahaha!  I think Show should do a spin-off of your so beautifully named, Gaspy McHeavingbosom and Nikki's wig.

giphy.gif

I know I'd watch.

Warning, possible Unpopular Opinion ahead!  I'm a little intrigued by the new Victoria-with-the-dead-eyes "don't give a fuck about Daddy storyline.  I know it'll probably crash and burn as all previous attempts at anything like this has, but Victoria has never been quite like this.....  She's so cold that if she was still married to Der ButtBiscuit, I think he might have woken up one morning with a very important (to him) body part neatly sliced off and safely stored in one of his nostrils.  

I have no idea where this home movie storyline is going, but since it's got Tracy in it, I'm happy to watch.

A second day of sexay times for Phyllis and Nick?  One day is a misdemeanor, two is a felony.  There is a fatal flaw in Phyllis' plan to create the perfect getaway vacation for women.  She's pretty much the only one who prefers to pick up her romantic partners from either a petting zoo or the town dump.

As for the Victor loves Adam and always has, if that was true, why didn't Victor give him a teeshirt with that phrase on it when he had Adam framed and sent to prison?   

Will the two of them chuckle together while remembering Adam's boyish hijinks and the tricks he pulled on dear old Dad, like the time he switched Victor's meds and almost killed him?  

Good times, fun times, a little like Father Knows Best meets The Omen.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, boes said:

Warning, possible Unpopular Opinion ahead!  I'm a little intrigued by the new Victoria-with-the-dead-eyes "don't give a fuck about Daddy storyline.  I know it'll probably crash and burn as all previous attempts at anything like this has, but Victoria has never been quite like this.....  She's so cold that if she was still married to Der ButtBiscuit, I think he might have woken up one morning with a very important (to him) body part neatly sliced off and safely stored in one of his nostrils.  

I have no idea where this home movie storyline is going, but since it's got Tracy in it, I'm happy to watch.

A second day of sexay times for Phyllis and Nick?  One day is a misdemeanor, two is a felony.  There is a fatal flaw in Phyllis' plan to create the perfect getaway vacation for women.  She's pretty much the only one who prefers to pick up her romantic partners from either a petting zoo or the town dump.

As for the Victor loves Adam and always has, if that was true, why didn't Victor give him a teeshirt with that phrase on it when he had Adam framed and sent to prison?   

Will the two of them chuckle together while remembering Adam's boyish hijinks and the tricks he pulled on dear old Dad, like the time he switched Victor's meds and almost killed him?  

With you on new, drastically improved Victoria! I'm one of the few who's always liked Heinle, her face, and all. Now we have Intransigent No Entry Victoria, and Heinle's bringing it for me. Also with a female cast with hair issues, and to get right down to my superficial zone, I love her hair.

BM/Tracy has just transitioned right past production/life bumps here, as if these had never happened. Love you BM!

Now is this Adam/Victor swerve coming out of wanting to sell some sweet bonding and repair stuff 'cause of current events? Huh? Dunno but once more from the top, guys. Mind you, letting MG/Adam look a bit mangy, unshaven, and weak is kinda doing it for me. [Pretend I never typed that.]

Sharon, just do me a favour honey, and leave me alone.

• Love 10

With you on new, drastically improved Victoria! I'm one of the few who's always liked Heinle, her face, and all. Now we have Intransigent No Entry Victoria, and Heinle's bringing it for me. Also with a female cast with hair issues, and to get right down to my superficial zone, I love her hair.

I've always liked her too. Way better than HT. And I think her hair is pretty. It's healthy and shiny and thick. 

• Love 7

Today, after Nikki practically ran across the office in her bad wig to get away from Victoria, she mentioned that she was very happy or content or something to be the head of the Real Estate Division of Newman Enterprises. Huh? Since when has Nikki worked at a job since she left the stripping gig? She’s sitting at home with Vampire or running all over town sticking her nose in everyone’s business. Nice try, Y&R.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 8/17/2020 at 9:38 PM, Snaporaz said:

Why did Chelsea's toga have all of those radiation symbols that are on the signs outside of fallout shelters on it?  And why is she even gaspier than usual?  Ooofah, this show is dull.  They had three months to think of some cool stories to tell.  Phyllis brainstorming for ideas to become relevant is not one of those stories.   Chance really is Dylan McAvoy without all of the charisma.  Why is nobody challenging the authenticity of these fossils?  (I mean the ones found on the hotel site, not Phyllis and Chance.)  

Is MCE preggers? That radioactive bandage dress kinda looked like it. 

We used to joke (as stargate fans) joke about Canadian wigs. Several Canada based shows have female characters wearing really bad wigs. So now it's "Nikki got a Canandian Wig?"

17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

It dawned on me that MCE evidently didn't go to acting school. (Duh) They teach breath control - how to speak naturally while breatheing. Not to rattle off long lines fast - then draw a huge breath - then rattle some more. You learn to breathe while you talk.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

15 hours ago, boes said:

Hahahaha!  I think Show should do a spin-off of your so beautifully named, Gaspy McHeavingbosom and Nikki's wig.

giphy.gif

I know I'd watch.

Make that a cage match, and I'll buy the beer, nachos and Twizzlers. Gotta' have empty cartons to throw at the 'squared circle.'

Goddess have mercy on that sloth Nicki is wearing on her head. What is going on? That's the worse ash blonde Dynel I've ever seen, and I worked with woman that had an entire collection of Eva Gabor wigs.

Someone used some elbow grease, because Chelsea is transparent as a clean window pane.

1368716-home-window-cleaning.jpg

She was counting on Atonal Adam being incapable and too impatient to sit still for a complete memory breakthrough, and would fall back into her lovin' arms, resigned to being a self-absorbed ratbastard who can't remember murdering his best friend's father on the family farm. Chelsea's an idiot thinking she can talk Atonal out of using Sharon as an emotional backstop for his insatiable obsessions and selfishness. Granted, Chelsea hasn't the skills to help Atonal; she has plenty of her own hyperventilating baggage. But she's not wrong to worry that Atonal is turning to Sharon. 

Adam's got this lost memory of a youthful murder stuck in his teeth and is determined to jack up his and Sharon's relationships to find out what happened. Trying to discern Hope's reasons for letting him off the hook is a good question ... and likely not to be answered in session. Speaking of the session; Sharon didn't lead Atonal anywhere he didn't want to go. And he ably deflected the hard ball questions, either by waxing poetic about the bucolic life on the farm or jumping up to play the victim while changing the subject. 

It's not a good idea for Sharon to shrink Atonal in the same room they couch-fucked, but nothing Sharon is doing resembles an ethical therapeutic process. Not a surprise.

For years I've been waiting for Victoria to take all the lessons she learned at Victor's knee and turn them on him. And he hated it!

How many times had Victor pulled the rug out from under one of her pet projects without a by your leave? Victoria just made two side divisions pay off handsomely. In their faux world you make business deal without negotiations, accountants or lawyers. Y&R also changes CEOs like regular folks change their underwear. Victor feeding Atonal's selfish ambitions to take over NE, knuckling under to Adam's threats (knowing it was all fiction) then handing over Victoria's job to protect Adam was nonsense. Everyone involved knew Adam never earned leadership of Newman Enterprises (even Adam knew he would have to fight tooth and nail to hang on to it), and Adam was deservedly thrown out. Victor's lame excuses that Adam as CEO would have been short-lived is no reason to upend Newman and publicly insult Victoria to keep Adam in the dark about murdering AJ. Directly to hell and under the bus with Atonal ... just as Adam has done to all the Newman's one time or another.

Vicki sold off two divisions (unmentioned for years) at a profit, and Newman Enterprises is no longer in needless competition or clawing for brand recognition. The company can focus on it's core holdings, whatever they are, and bank the cash. 

I love BM too, and her scenes with Jack were very moving today.

<shudder>

I wonder if this is leading toward Phyllis running a on-call service for her Phoenix Women's Club?

As for the Victor loves Adam and always has, if that was true, why didn't Victor give him a teeshirt with that phrase on it when he had Adam framed and sent to prison?   

In case he might conveniently lose his memory again, Victor should have gotten Little Atonal a tattoo to make it permanent. and as a greeting for his many 'dates' in prison.

Relax. Open wide for the bridle. We don't want to chip your veneers, do we? You're sill paying for them.

And with the new riding crop ... Hmm, it'll hurt so good ...

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And speaking of hair, oy, Nikki. Surely that's a wig, and kind of a cheap one for the wife of a billionaire.

Bringing new life to the term "bigwig," scene after scene.

We're also graced with Amelia Heinle's rat's nest again. Surely she can afford some Olaplex or a smoothing home treatment? I haven't had a haircut in 7 months, have exactly the same hair as AH, and I can still manage to get a brush through it for a day of Zoom meetings without looking like I've been living in the woods for a year.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

That whole buildup to the Dina video left us with a crashing disappointment today. What was the point of that except that we got to see Traci and that’s always a treat.

• Love 7

SC's boyfriend appears to have tightened things up fairly quickly. I thought Adam looked very fit and slim today.

Victor and Nikki wearing matching colors. Cute. 🙄 And what was up with her gigantic phone? She could barely hold it in one hand. ☎️

Dare I say that I'm still liking Abby and Chance as a couple? I wish someone would ask him about that accent though.

Oy, Nikki's wig is insane! It's hilarious to me how awful it is. 😨

Is Victoria planning to destroy NE from the inside? I don't know how appointing her mommy as the COO isn't going to be damaging in the long run. Nikki will probably start hitting the booze again due to the pressure of being caught between Victor and Victoria.

Hmm, Sharon and Adam must not have been very close in their past romantic entanglements if she's never heard his mundane childhood reminiscences before.

Oh, Abby's shorts suit was fab. That mint creamsicle color looked great on her, IMO.

Do average people really have a movie projector and screen at home or is that an old wealthy family kind of thing?

Was Hope not completely blind? How did she make a pie?

Sure hope Sharon isn't planning to bill Adam for their sessions. He could probably drop a tab of acid and get better results.

How convenient that Ashley wasn't there to see Dina and John's movie. If anyone could use a lesson from the past about Abbott family loyalty it's her. Has she ever missed an opportunity to help Victor at Jack's expense?

Poor Chelsea, tee hee. Adam basically told he's going to keep going to Sharon no matter what and no matter how long. In her mind that means he'll boink Sharon if that's what it takes to get his memory back. And of course it will. 😑

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 8/19/2020 at 5:47 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

On 8/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, Gam2 said:

Nikki-that wig is too awful for words.

9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Nikki practically ran across the office in her bad wig

8 hours ago, crowsworks said:

So now it's "Nikki got a Canandian Wig?

Now now Preverts.  Have a little compassion for Nikki and her Coronavirus Wig.  Maybe the quality wig stores are still closed.  During the height of the lockdown, I told myself I was perfectly fine with my shelter in place hair.  Then my salon finally opened, got a cut and color, and Myself told Me that was a lie.  It forced me to admit:  "Yes, MissAlmond. If you starred on Y&R and your hair stylist wasn't considered essential, you too would be wearing a wig." 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

I get the feeling Rey/Sharon and Nikki/Victor do not sleep together. If it was me than if somebody I was sleeping in the same bed got out of bed, I would wake up.

Traci, even a blind squirrel can find a nut faster than you could find a fairly large film canister in two fairly small boxes.  As an aside, 8mm pictures with sound, at the time Jack was a baby was a very difficult developing process and the sound had to be recorded separately. Super 8mm that had sound capability was not introduced until 1973.

Memory retrieval doesn’t a day make. It took a while for Adam to regain his memory after the cabin incident and it took a dramatic insistent to do so. Adam, if you really want to know what happened, get a professional to hypnotize you.

Of course Nikki took the COO position. Nikki already took Olive Oyl’s side against Adam with Victor. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was Hope not completely blind? How did she make a pie?

Not only did she make pie, she knit an entire sweater for Victor.  Right off the Ralph Lauren rack.  I was learning to knit back then and could not believe it when a.) she finished it in like a week and b.) it was a perfect fit and both sleeves were the same length.  I would have found an afghan more believable-but no! They went with size 4 needles and a yellow pullover.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, MollyB said:

Not only did she make pie, she knit an entire sweater for Victor.  Right off the Ralph Lauren rack.  I was learning to knit back then and could not believe it when a.) she finished it in like a week and b.) it was a perfect fit and both sleeves were the same length.  I would have found an afghan more believable-but no! They went with size 4 needles and a yellow pullover.

I'm even more impressed she was able to adjust her knitting so her could get that sweater over his  massively swollen head.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12

I'm even more impressed she was able to adjust her knitting so her could get that sweater over his  massively swollen head.

Heh. there's just no end to Hope's talents. Seriously though, I'm now starting to wonder if she wasn't as blind as everyone thought she was and she actually killed that AJ guy. Maybe the reason Adam doesn't remember doing it is because he didn't. But wow, unless Hope subsequently had some kind of mental break, her sending condolences to AJ's widow in the form of a pie would seem pretty callous on her part to me. I can totally see Victor covering the whole thing up though, and being prepared to let Adam think he did it but blanked it out of his memory.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh. there's just no end to Hope's talents. Seriously though, I'm now starting to wonder if she wasn't as blind as everyone thought she was and she actually killed that AJ guy. Maybe the reason Adam doesn't remember doing it is because he didn't. But wow, unless Hope subsequently had some kind of mental break, her sending condolences to AJ's widow in the form of a pie would seem pretty callous on her part to me. I can totally see Victor covering the whole thing up though, and being prepared to let Adam think he did it but blanked it out of his memory.

In soapland that makes a lot of sense. Maybe she fell in a well and went blind, got kicked in the head by a mule and she could see the light.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7

What was that schmatta Phyllis had on today? Looked to me like she took bolt of fabric, draped it around her body, stapled a few seams together, and called it a day. 😮

While I liked watching Nick make Kyle squirm for a minute, Summer has already lived through the romantic dramaz of at least five women. She's no ingenue who needs her daddy to intimidate her suitors. IMO, if she wants to keep trusting Kyle that's on her.

Theo in jeans and a pullover shirt. Huh. Have we ever seen him in anything but a suit before?

OMFG, Billy! Everything is not about you! Except when you make everything about you. 😑

Abby's jacket had belt loops on the side seams. Wonder why the wardrobe people didn't remove them? I'm not sure a belt would've looked right with that suit. Meanwhile, Amanda's skirt. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Seemed like something from the looking glass world. She was working it though.

Lola says she belongs in GC. Say what now? As opposed to where, Neptune?

Still wondering what Billy's up to with Amanda. He did so much emotional bloodletting during their conversation for no apparent reason that I could see. Maybe he just likes hearing himself talk.

Why does Phyllis walk around her workplace with her purse? You'd think she'd leave it in her office. Oh wait, the owner of the Gamey Punchbowl doesn't have an office. That's why they conduct business in the open hotel lobby. 😒

Whee, Lola looking back at Theo like, "One day I will climb you like a tree." 😻 You better eat your Wheaties, Theo.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Can Banana Breath go one day without snarling at somebody. He really loves to throw his 💩 around.  I don’t believe he was kidding at all. Banana Breath doesn’t know the meaning of the word. Now Kyle was kidding. 

Boring:  Theo/Lola  Nostrils/ Amanda

Overacting:  Jessica Rabbit aka Phyllis 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I don't know if I accidentally ingested some sort of mind-altering drug, or it's the smoke inhalation, but there were moments today - for the first time ever, and ONLY moments - where Theo wasn't as jerky and awful as usual.  Maybe not being in a suit and not having buttons to fiddle with, maybe it had to do with sitting down, but there was a glimmer of skill today in Theo's scenes with Lola.  He wasn't always so obviously acting and only once did I see him ready to burst into song and dance.  Maybe Herr Oiliebollen honed his skills a bit with this time off?  It'll take more than just one day where he didn't actively irritate but.....better than usual.

By the way, the only other time I remember Theo not in a suit was that day he invaded the Abbott home - before he was Dina's grandson - with some squad of NYC hangers on, and as I remember, he was in some sort of weird pastel shorts and tee shirt.

I'm glad Lola is sticking around, especially if she keeps sticking it to Kyle.

I've always liked Kyle but that may be wearing off rapidly.  To me, he's coming off as terribly self-satisfied and pretty stuffy.  I might just end up thinking he deserves Dummer if he keeps this up.  

Sure, Nick, we'll all listen to your lecture on how to treat your partner decently as soon as you finish giving us all tips on good grooming and the necessity of a weekly flea bath.  

Another Phyllis impassioned speech on how SHE didn't have a fortune, she worked her way up from the bottom to the top of Bloomingdales by the grit of her horse teeth and indomitable irritating personality.  Suuuuuure you did, after you survived that horrific deprived childhood as the daughter of a Wall Street investment banker while forced to live in the wilds of Connecticut as an Aryan from Darien.  She had to make do with the measly alimony and settlements she got from her total of 7 marriages to Danny, Jack and Nick.  Oh the inhumanity.  

And lets not forget her dumpster diving for quarters.  She's a regular Stella Dallas.  (Yep, I think it's smoke inhalation since all of my references seem to be from 1930.)\

17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Still wondering what Billy's up to with Amanda. He did so much emotional bloodletting during their conversation for no apparent reason that I could see. Maybe he just likes hearing himself talk.

ButtBiscuit is endlessly fascinated with himself and just assumes everyone else is too.  I bet he assumes there was a bright star in the sky the night he was born, one that shone so brightly it illuminated his nostrils like the halls of Versaille.  All roads lead to ButtBiscuit.  If he sees himself in Theo then he must be looking through the wrong end of a proctoscope.  

I drifted off in the middle of his soliloquy, but I do remember wishing that Amanda had just gotten up in the middle of his drone and kicked him in the nuts.  He really does look like a professional undertaker in those suits he's wearing.  He'd look far more natural in a straitjacket.

Pardon me, but I have to go.  I want to get this check in the mail I'm sending to the Phyllis Fund tonight.  I just feel so sorry for her having to marry for money all the damned time.  Is there no justice!?!?!?!?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4

I've always liked Kyle but that may be wearing off rapidly.  To me, he's coming off as terribly self-satisfied and pretty stuffy.  I might just end up thinking he deserves Dummer if he keeps this up. 

He's always seemed that way to me. Bleh.

• Love 7

17 hours ago, boes said:

I don't know if I accidentally ingested some sort of mind-altering drug, or it's the smoke inhalation, but there were moments today - for the first time ever, and ONLY moments - where Theo wasn't as jerky and awful as usual. Maybe not being in a suit and not having buttons to fiddle with, maybe it had to do with sitting down, but there was a glimmer of skill today in Theo's scenes with Lola.  He wasn't always so obviously acting and only once did I see him ready to burst into song and dance.  Maybe Herr Oiliebollen honed his skills a bit with this time off?  It'll take more than just one day where he didn't actively irritate but.....better than usual.

Sitting, with his elbows on his knees, staring at his phone and wishing it would ring, is an uncomfortable position to launch into his signature jerky electrocution stance ...

f6f676a274d2e6138e718bb2802fd313.gif

Or did you mean the self-absorbed, mendacious crud Theo prefers to shovel for conversation ... always in reference to himself and his concerns. No matter, TIIC are writing a new chapter on Theo's character; still smarmy and It's All About Meeee!

There are all sorts of acting classes on YouTube.

By the way, the only other time I remember Theo not in a suit was that day he invaded the Abbott home - before he was Dina's grandson - with some squad of NYC hangers on, and as I remember, he was in some sort of weird pastel shorts and tee shirt.

Screen-Shot-2019-08-09-at-12.23.27-PM.jp

The hat and unbuttoned Bonobos is bad enough. He's the hipsters version of Frank Sinatra/Mel Torme?

Greasy Kid Stuff did wear a moto leather jacket, pre-shirttail Abbott relation.

Tyler-Johnson-1-625x302.jpg

With the appropriate Rocker 60 yard stare and pout.

<blerg>

I'm glad Lola is sticking around, especially if she keeps sticking it to Kyle.

Or will Kyle, due to his many promises not to hurt Dumber and protestations that he was done with his first youthful marriage, be sticking it to Lola?

; )

I've always liked Kyle but that may be wearing off rapidly.  To me, he's coming off as terribly self-satisfied and pretty stuffy.  I might just end up thinking he deserves Dummer if he keeps this up.  

I've never trusted this Kyle; He returned to Genoa City as a tool of Victor Newman's in another attempted takeover of Jabot, and has been playing the Nimrod ever since. 

Marrying, then divorcing Dumber, because she was a spare parts warehouse for Lola (the woman Kyle truly 'loved'), was disgusting. Marrying and now divorcing Lola, because he really 'loves' Dumber (or really loves boinking Dumber) is disgusting.

I hate to say it, for as little as I care about Kyle (and he certainly deserves it), but no one should be saddled with Dumber.

Sure, Nick, we'll all listen to your lecture on how to treat your partner decently as soon as you finish giving us all tips on good grooming and the necessity of a weekly flea bath. 

Gaaaa! Nick is the last person on the planet to give lessons on sexual ethics and personal relationships. Kyle may as well go to horse's ass and suffer through a lecture on 'Do As I Say and Not As I Do' from Victor. Nicki and Ashley can fight over the Smartboard illustrations. 

Another Phyllis impassioned speech on how SHE didn't have a fortune, she worked her way up from the bottom to the top of Bloomingdales by the grit of her horse teeth and indomitable irritating personality.  Suuuuuure you did, after you survived that horrific deprived childhood as the daughter of a Wall Street investment banker while forced to live in the wilds of Connecticut as an Aryan from Darien.  She had to make do with the measly alimony and settlements she got from her total of 7 marriages to Danny, Jack and Nick.  Oh the inhumanity.  

Every time Phyllis launches into one of her hardscrabble background speeches, I hoot at the Red Menace. An Aryan from Darien indeed. Phyllis has one long trail of lies, deceits, thefts, deaths, corruption, infidelities and betrayals that got her to yelping about her business prowess in the lobby of The Phoenix -- Phyllis lecturing Abby about how hard she worked to connive Abby out of her hotel holdings was hilarious.

MS chewing up the Ikea furniture -- Hope she doesn't get colic from eating so much plywood. 

And lets not forget her dumpster diving for quarters.  She's a regular Stella Dallas.  (Yep, I think it's smoke inhalation since all of my references seem to be from 1930.)\

And those were Phyllis' halcyon days and location.

ButtBiscuit is endlessly fascinated with himself and just assumes everyone else is too.  I bet he assumes there was a bright star in the sky the night he was born, one that shone so brightly it illuminated his nostrils like the halls of Versaille.  All roads lead to ButtBiscuit.  If he sees himself in Theo then he must be looking through the wrong end of a proctoscope.  

I drifted off in the middle of his soliloquy, but I do remember wishing that Amanda had just gotten up in the middle of his drone and kicked him in the nuts.  He really does look like a professional undertaker in those suits he's wearing.  He'd look far more natural in a straitjacket.

NotBilly is forever announcing what a louse he is, if only for some ignorant schmuck to tell him to ease up on the self-flagellation and celebrate You're Ok and I'm a Moron.

Please do hire Theo; Two NotBilly's lying, cheating and undermining Lily, while draining the coffers of Chancellor Industries is going to be a gas. NotBilly and Theo bad. Jill spank.

Pardon me, but I have to go.  I want to get this check in the mail I'm sending to the Phyllis Fund tonight.  I just feel so sorry for her having to marry for money all the damned time.  Is there no justice!?!?!?!?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

I don’t know who’s writing this crap but I don’t buy Kyle/Summer or Lola/Theo for one New York minute. Not one. I have absolutely no interest in either one of these “couples “.  Ship them all off to some island somewhere. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I forgot about Amanda's cool skirt! I kept wanting a different color blouse for it but realized that the white was perfect.  

That outfit mesmerized me. While I was watching the episode I started googling "houndstooth pencil skirt" to see if that look was a thing now. So, houndstooth pencil skirts aren't particularly unusual but they're generally in a black & white print versus a multicolored one like Amanda was wearing. I think the colorful print was the part that really struck me about it,

Anyhoo, eventually the outfit showed up on Worn on TV and I was surprised to learn that it was actually a dress versus a skirt and blouse. Ehhhh, that put the outfit decidedly in the "nah" column for me. I do think MM wore it well though. In fact, I think she's probably the only actress on Y&R who could've pulled it off without looking like the dress was wearing them instead of the other way around. MS has the right body type for it IMO but she usually doesn't wear large, dramatic prints as Phyllis.

• Useful 1
On 8/22/2020 at 9:33 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Is it just me or did the episodes seem disjointed from one day to the next? I watched the whole week of episodes at one sitting, in order, and yet I still felt like I was missing chunks of scenes from day to day. 

It the dramatic and editing style adopted by TIIC.  Buildup, cliffhanger, then reveal in another scene/episode, occasionally with an different character being told what the hubbub is about. When used too often (in the case of Y&R), it's expected and becomes tiresome. -- I've been losing interest in Show because of the repetitive writing/editing style. 

Scattered ramblings:

I found myself loving every single outfit, men and women, this week with the exception of the one shouldered annoyances worn by Chelsea and Phyllis. I loved all the colors and weird fashion gimmicks on the ladies. Chelsea's go to color should be that apricot color she wore to confront Sharon. I wanted to hate Victoria's white halter type blouse with the black choker but I loved it. I also loved her weird cut out jacket during her press conference and the black and white outfit.

I wouldn't go that far. Chelsea and Phyllis' costuming usually annoys me. Chelsea in juvenile, puffy, leg'o'mutton sleeves makes her look like a fullback for the Little Bo Peep rugby team. The middle tone apricot worked well with her bottle tan and dark hair.

Sharon wasn't convincing dressed in crewnecks and halter tops post-surgery. And SC can't remember to not use her right side, to evoke actually being in recovery from the lumpectomy.

Phyllis slinking around in cocktail dresses at work annoys the business woman in me. But she's supposed to play a  gone to seed seductress, so I should get over the fact that she'll never present as anything other than a slapper.

I'm a fan of halter tops, but keep my blazer on at work. I love capes and Victoria's cape jacket was very attractive; I'm not sure about its practicality though.

I have always liked Theo, I think the actor is playing him in a hammy way and it works. I like that they are moving in a different direction with him and also dressing him differently. He is a very handsome guy and he looked really good in that loose sweater, new clean hairstyle, smooth shave. Jack also had some different type suits which was cool.

I'm not convinced Theo can be redirected, other than circling back to the smarmy rat bastard he's always been. Dozens of dirty tricks, all forgiven by schmucks that deserve to be grifted -- Theo won't change when he can climb the ladder by using people, but TIIC is writing him as actually learning lessons from his selfish unethical behavior -- I'm not sure I can tolerate one second of NotBilly lecturing Theo on bad behavior/unprofessional activities/lack of ethics -- Pot describes the many shades of black to Kettle. They nod and chuckle, going back to their underhanded shenanigans. 

Peter Bergman is beautifully dressed and impeccably tailored -- It's a pleasure to watch him on Show.

Traci looks refreshed and is wearing less frumpy outfits. I wish she could find a better color for her hair. From the previews of next week, it looks like Nikki has her old hair back?

It's Corona hair, most actors on Show have some issue -- Get thee to the salon for upkeep -- Myself included. 

As many hair styles Nicki has had on Show, I've never cringed until this week. Scary.

Stop putting Adam in that wine colored dress shirt. He continues to look better-ish while also looking horrible-ish. To go along with my opening sentence of disjointedness, out of order: I am hyper focused on the men and their facial hair. I swear I thought Adam and Nick were growing their facial hair from one scene to the next and then coming back clean shaved for the next scene. Mariah was gorgeous while talking to Kyle. 

Blue tones don't help Atonal Adam with his sallow skin. I'm done with stubble. So many beards are patchy and look scruffy -- SHAVE YOUR NECK!

Camryn Grimes is gorgeous. She shines her light and everyone looks better.

I don't know if I like the lack of extra's on the sets. I miss the background people. Hopefully that will stop in the very near future. 

After watching the older episode, it's clear the amount of cost-cutting done on the modern production.

Fewer day players and sets, cheap-looking sets like The Phoenix and the former Dark Horse offices, less set decorating, general lighting of sets, fewer hair and makeup professionals all are taking a toll on Y&R.

As mentioned above, I am a Theo fan and I found out this week that I am a fan of Lola now. Pretty sure it is because I don't have to watch her eat Kyle's face. If she and Theo ever get around to kissing and she eats his face, I may change my mind. But the actress does seem to have changed up how she presents her character. She is more relaxed, less perfect bot as before the breakup. I used to hate her in her chef's clothes (I know, ridiculous right?) but now I like it. 

The writing is leaning toward another Quadrangle of Suck™; couples exchanging partners again and again and again.

Consider that the actors have to emote and demonstrate their dialog 6 feet apart. The editors have a lot of control on the pace of scenes and emotional impact. Sasha Calle has a melodious voice and does portray sentiment and uses body language well. Pre-Covid-19, Lola had to carry the squirming Theo in every scene. Tyler Johnson is stuck working out his distracting acting quirks on his own; sink or swim Theo.

Doesn't it make sense for Lola to wear a chef's uniform when she's working at Society?

Looking forward to the Newman business shenanigans. I like this business woman Victoria more than simpering scattered eyed hunched shouldered Victoria. Victor had several throw away lines at the end of conversations that were funny in a grumpy old man way. I am interested in Chancellor media interactions with Billy, Lily, Amanda, Theo, is Traci still in the mix?, but I do wish they had spent more time on that Chancellor set. It needs to be laid out differently instead of always just that tiny office. 

I'm glad Victoria has taken charge of Newman Enterprises, and holding the threat of exposing AJs murder over Victor and Atonal Adam's head. It's nothing that Atonal or Victor wouldn't do to each other or someone else under the same circumstances.

The Chance Com story might have been interesting five years ago. Unfortunately, TIIC can't have NotBilly running around unfettered when there's a job he's not qualified waiting for a seat-filler.

The retrofitted Dark Horse offices for Chance Com haven't changed much; still terrible.

Is the lighting different since the comeback? Or are they filming differently? The sets look different and sometimes there is a lagging of movement of the actors. 

I think production is going with more generalized lighting, with less glamour area lighting for those who have had 'work done'; no need to illuminate what needs time to find its own level, evident swelling and treatments yet to be absorbed. 

Filming is different when everyone is 6ft apart, having to yell at each other from across the room. The editing has to step up, but several actors are having trouble with static filming.

I am surprised that I am so glad the show is back.  I still dislike Tess, immensely. Yuck. 

<shrug>

Tessa has no story; she's not on tour, doesn't write music, just a foot soldier supporting Mariah in Team Sharon's Cancer Squad.

eta I forgot about Amanda's cool skirt! I kept wanting a different color blouse for it but realized that the white was perfect. 

I like the houndstooth, but not a fan of high-waisted belting on the dress.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

Observations from reading past Preverts posts:

Its dawned on me I either don't know, or simply don't remember, Phyllis's back story.

What's this talk about Hope being a complicit murderer raising mother?  Last I saw her, Hope was this meek and mild Kansas farm woman who - like Ashley - had no business getting involved with Victor.  And what's Cliff's role in all this?  Didn't Cliff raise 'Adam" before his (Cliff) death?  

If Victoria is becoming more Victor like, props to Y&R for actually using past history as a guide.  

I see some of you still haven't reconciled yourself with Nikki's Coronavirus Wig.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Sharon, honey, Adam isn't the only one in need of psychiatric help.

The shrew in the mustard dress is the one most in need of a straitjacket. 

Her blathering on to Rey about how terrible it was that Sharon was the one helping Adam had me cackling, especially her claim that she was raising this only out of concern and not because she was "jealous and insecure."

tenor.gif

Hilariously, Rey wasn't picking up what she was putting down, with the ever-present heaving bosom and all. 

Couple them up, TPTB, although Rey probably deserves better than the con-artist.

As for Shadam, I ate up their therapy scenes with a spoon. At my table for one, I know.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Sharon, honey, Adam isn't the only one in need of psychiatric help.

The shrew in the mustard dress is the one most in need of a straitjacket. 

Her blathering on to Rey about how terrible it was that Sharon was the one helping Adam had me cackling, especially her claim that she was raising this only out of concern and not because she was "jealous and insecure."

tenor.gif

Hilariously, Rey wasn't picking up what she was putting down, with the ever-present heaving bosom and all. 

Couple them up, TPTB, although Rey probably deserves better than the con-artist.

As for Shadam, I ate up their therapy scenes with a spoon. At my table for one, I know.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, crowsworks said:

Nah, make it two. If people only screwed people who never did them dirt -- well it would be St Nate, and ??? The show would have to be set in a convent and monastary with a high wall between.

oh wait -- the convent wouldn't work for Teriah

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Yes. Also, I think the reason I enjoyed the Shadam scene so much, was because it was nice to see two individuals in scene together who were closer than 6 ft apart. Even if they didn't actually touch each other, it was nice to know they could.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad the studios are being appropriately cautious, and protective of their actors` health. I just never thought I would miss seeing physical contact this much. However if it means not having to suffer through watching Phyllis getting it on with...ANYONE, I can appreciate that at least.

For that reason, I'm appreciating the writers exploring stories that don't need to be punctuated with sexay scenes. Like Victoria discovering her inner boss. I know some of you don't like that story, but I find it a refreshing change from her lamenting another lost romance.

And maybe some more of Theos self discovery journey as well. I still find the character, and the actor much more interesting than Kyle (who only becomes likable to me when he's in a scene with Mariah).

Circling back to my original point, I liked seeing Sharon and Adam sharing scenes. And as much as I just went off on unnecessary sex scenes, I wouldn't mind seeing their relationship explored, deepened and maybe even become physical during this time when so many scene partners are limited in their types of interactions.

Edited by granderobino
  • Love 7

Nate said he and Elena have the first shift at the free clinic. Does that mean there are other doctors who work there on other shifts? How come we've never seen any of them? Pre-hiatus, anyway. 🤔

Why was Billy wearing a suit if he had told Amanda in the previous episode he was going to be spending the day with his kids? Continuity error?

They showed a photo of a little boy in Adam's living room. Was that the same Connor? It didn't look like him to me. That kid looked happy. 😼

Ugh, Adam. Of course Sharon can drop everything--including looking out for her health--to tend to you. This is one time I wish Rey would've come home suddenly and kicked the crap out of Adam. Or in a pinch Nick would do. 😑

"Is anyone ever sure where things are headed?" Pretty cynical view of relationships you got there, Mandy.

So, little Katie's allergic to bee stings. Her cousin Summer's been allergic to peanuts for years now. Yay, defective Newman genes strike again! ☠

Lol, again, were Chelsea and Rey even in the coffeehouse at the same time? The show didn't even bother trying to do forced perspective. 👀

Adam probably shouldn't be driving in the overwrought state he's in. I'm thinking Sharon should've called 9-1-1 in case he wrapped his vehicle around a tree or drove into another vehicle.

Devon: I'm taken. I'm happily taken.
Amanda: Hmm, I might have to take that as a challenge.

ChancComm. No. Just no. Sounds like an online gambling enterprise to me versus a media company.

Victoria, Billy didn't exactly "give" you little Johnny. Chelsea did.

Sharon was looking a little retro to me in that dressing gown. I think all she needed was some shoulder pads and a silk turban and she would've beenn ready for a remake of some 1940s film noir.

Pssht, Adam's likely on the Newman jet on his way to Kansas. I just hope he's not flying it himself. He really needs to cut back on the caffeine. 🙄

Didn't Cliff raise 'Adam" before his (Cliff) death?  

They've retconned it that Cliff died while Adam was still a young boy. Then Adam turned into a bad seed because he grew up without a father or a father figure. Or specifically, without his wealthy bio-dad and the benefits which come with having the Newman name. And if that isn't enough, now he allegedly killed some guy when he was a boy and had no clue until a few months ago.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I completely thought you were going to say Krystle Carrington. 

Yes, similar vibe but Dynasty's costuming for the women was largely drawn from the 1940s. (Also, it was Alexis Colby who wore the turbans. Krystle wasn't about to cover up that platinum hair. 😼)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Today's show was heartrending.  I'm not kidding.  My heart was seriously rended.  

First, poor ButtBiscuit's feelings were hurt when he thought Victoria attacked his parenting, and then, as if that wasn't bad enough, he had to suffer through Katie's bee sting.  He felt BAD, you guys, and Victoria and Katie and that goddam bee were just piling on him.  Nobody realizes how hard it is for ButtBiscuit to be a buttbiscuit and then bad stuff happens - to him - and sometimes he has to wait whole minutes before he can find someone to drone onto about it until they comfort him and tell him he's not the biggest putz in a too-short suit in the great state of Wisconsin.  They're lying because he is, but that's not the point.  The point is and always will be, how does everything and everyone make ButtBiscuit feel, and why aren't they making him feel good.  Even Delia ruined his day, hell, a couple of days by making him feel bad because he left her alone in a car and then she got herself killed.  His brother forced him to have an affair with his wife and his wife forced him to treat her badly.  People, man, they are the WORST.

Oh yeah, Katie got stung by a bee and almost stopped breathing.  WHY does EVERYTHING happen to ButtBiscuit?

Of course Victoria isn't mad at him anymore.  He's like a recurring boil.  Until it bursts again, you try to ignore it.  

I liked the set for the farm.  The only thing that didn't work was the troll under the table.  One question about this storyline.....why does Adam walk like he's auditioning for a remake of Frankenstein?  Also, Adam has the worst luck, just like ButtBiscuit.  

Nobody knows the trouble they've seen, except, everyone does because neither of them ever shut up about it.

I think everyone is worrying all for nothing about Adam.  Find the nearest table he'll fit under and there he'll be.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nate said he and Elena have the first shift at the free clinic. Does that mean there are other doctors who work there on other shifts? How come we've never seen any of them? Pre-hiatus, anyway. 🤔

The clinic is fully staffed, and the other doctors are JUST as qualified as Elena and Nate.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

New relationship?  

Devon/Amanda

Nate/Elena 

New old relationship?

Nostrils/Olive Oyl. 

Rey and Chelsea, get over yourself.  IMO, not knowing is worse than knowing. Not bowing eats away your gut. Knowing allows you to deal with the situation. Sharon helping Adam allows her to not think about her own situation of things to come. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

New relationship?  

Devon/Amanda

Nate/Elena 

New old relationship?

Nostrils/Olive Oyl. 

Rey and Chelsea, get over yourself.  IMO, not knowing is worse than knowing. Not bowing eats away your gut. Knowing allows you to deal with the situation. Sharon helping Adam allows her to not think about her own situation of things to come. 

Why do I think they might be going to use Adam was abused or molested and that's why Victor was so into cover-up mode? I mean he took the blame - the way they are acting there has to be more - and it would explain Adam's hatred and bad behavior when he was supposedly raised in rural paradise with St Hope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Do y’all think we should start a GoFundMe account to buy Michelle Stafford some bras?

Or maybe at least enough to buy 2 new nectarines?

Fruit is very important to a healty diet.

• LOL 9

It’s just like Banana Breath to pimp for Phyllis and thinking nobody has better things to do.  

I thought that it was supposed to be an unique experience for each person?  How can it be unique for two people?  Lily and Tracy could have tea from room service. Amanda and Elena could of just gone to the spa. Summer could have done the same thing in her room but Phyllis forgot her bubble blaster. Doesn’t Nikki have a piano at the ranch?  Beside, how did Phyllis get the piano in the door?  Abby would have had more fun in an escape room. Yet they are all in but Phyllis needs a lot more than the GC women to be profitable. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

It’s just like Banana Breath to pimp for Phyllis and thinking nobody has better things to do.  

I thought that it was supposed to be an unique experience for each person?  How can it be unique for two people?  Lily and Tracy could have tea from room service. Amanda and Elena could of just gone to the spa. Summer could have done the same thing in her room but Phyllis forgot her bubble blaster. Doesn’t Nikki have a piano at the ranch?  Beside, how did Phyllis get the piano in the door?  Abby would have had more fun in an escape room. Yet they are all in but Phyllis needs a lot more than the GC women to be profitable. 

All true. And yet, I really enjoyed today’s episode. Maybe I’m stressed and overly emotional but I loved Lily and Tracy talking about Colleen and how Tracy is basically the only parental figure Lily has left. And I loved Nikki’s joy at playing. Maybe she just never takes the time to play at home and this was her opportunity.  I almost didn’t hate SyPhyllis today. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

All true. And yet, I really enjoyed today’s episode. Maybe I’m stressed and overly emotional but I loved Lily and Tracy talking about Colleen and how Tracy is basically the only parental figure Lily has left. And I loved Nikki’s joy at playing. Maybe she just never takes the time to play at home and this was her opportunity.  I almost didn’t hate SyPhyllis today. 

OMG, me too! I was in tears watching Lily and Tracy today. I don't know what came over me, but I was seriously bawling, wondering what could have been had Colleen lived (and not had to have her heart given to Old Scratch).

Edited by Ladybugnine
  • Love 9