Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

It was funny to watch the 90’s fashion since I was watching then. What were (we) they thinking? LOL!!! Amy in her bumblebee costume. Yellow anyone? I almost confused Doug Davidson and Terry Lester when Jack came home. I was like, “Why is Paul at the Abbott house?”. Boy! Beth Maitland and Don Diamont were babies and both so good looking. Of course, Lauren with her big hair and pink onesies on. It was the 90’s and it was bright & day glow. Good times! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Wednesday August 5

Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) accompanies Sharon (Sharon Case) when she goes to see the body of Cameron Kirsten (Linden Ashby) after Larry Warton (David ‘Shark’ Fralick) claims he dumped Kirsten’s body in a sewer. Originally aired on April 16, 2004.

I am very excited for this ep!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Welp, there goes Mayor McFull of Himself's reelection hopes.

The show did a really great job with that background extra.  Even though out of focus, I noticed her facial expressions.  My first thought was that's one thirsty extra right there, aren't they suppose to fade in the background?  Then I realized, Wait! she's reacting to seeing Paul sitting that close to her in the - um - flesh and was not throwing away her shot.   The camera gradually sharpening focus symbolized Paul's growing awareness of being stared at.  

Mayor McFull deserved to lose the next election.  Shouldn't he have had his staff do independent research on Paul's background before appointing him in the first place?  How was it he didn't know  - heck even Paul's own parents seemed clueless - about Paul's wild days with Nikki?  Maybe only mysterious older brother Steve knew and took the secret with him upon marrying Peggy and disappearing into the Genoa City Forgotten Sibling Triangle. 

It's my understanding Y&R returns to original programming after this Friday which means my days here are winding down.  I'll enjoy myself before leaving all you delightful people.   

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

The show did a really great job with that background extra.  Even though out of focus, I noticed her facial expressions.  My first thought was that's one thirsty extra right there, aren't they suppose to fade in the background?  Then I realized, Wait! she's reacting to seeing Paul sitting that close to her in the - um - flesh and was not throwing away her shot.   The camera gradually sharpening focus symbolized Paul's growing awareness of being stared at.  

Mayor McFull deserved to lose the next election.  Shouldn't he have had his staff do independent research on Paul's background before appointing him in the first place?  How was it he didn't know  - heck even Paul's own parents seemed clueless - about Paul's wild days with Nikki?  Maybe only mysterious older brother Steve knew and took the secret with him upon marrying Peggy and disappearing into the Genoa City Forgotten Sibling Triangle. 

It's my understanding Y&R returns to original programming after this Friday which means my days here are winding down.  I'll enjoy myself before leaving all you delightful people.   

We'll miss you!  You've been a delight and I wish you'd stick around if so inclined.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

For all you regulars going forward with new episodes from Y&R, here are the "spoilers" (personally I would call them synopsis but have tagged them as spoilers since I'm not sure its been handled in the past) for August 10-14 from Soaps.com 

Spoiler

Monday, August 10

Lily (Christel Khalil) and Billy (Jason Thompson) interview Genoa City residents as they celebrate the anniversary of Katherine’s dedication at Chancellor Park, sparking guests’ memories of the recent past.

Tuesday, August 11

Sharon (Sharon Case) struggles with her new normal following her surgery, Billy (Jason Thompson) and Lily (Christel Khalil) disagree on a potential hire for Chancellor Communications, and Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) has a bone to pick with Abby (Melissa Ordway). This episode was filmed before the pandemic shut down production.

Wednesday, August 12

Victor (Eric Braeden) and Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan) put their differences aside to help Adam (Mark Grossman), Summer (Hunter King) reveals her true feelings about Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Phyllis’ (Michelle Stafford) reunion, and Amanda (Mishael Morgan) puts the brakes on her budding romance with Nate (Sean Dominic).

Thursday, August 13

Jack’s (Peter Bergman) parenting advice strikes a nerve with Victor (Eric Braeden), Adam (Mark Grossman) searches for clues to prove he didn’t commit a decades-old crime, and Esther (Kate Linder) helps Kevin (Greg Rikaart) prepare for fatherhood.

Friday, August 14

Devon (Bryton James) bonds with Amanda (Mishael Morgan), Nikki’s (Melody Thomas Scott) attempt to keep the peace in the Newman family backfires, and Jack (Peter Bergman) and Ashley (Eileen Davidson) are reminded of their family’s checkered past.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Thanks Y&R for giving me Madame and Drucilla once more.

Is that anyway to talk to your mother? Shelia was cray cray crazy. 

1 hour ago, boes said:

We'll miss you!  You've been a delight and I wish you'd stick around in so inclined.  

Thank you so much!  It's been delightful being here too.  But I won't lie, after Friday, my Y&R watching days ends again.  

Edited by MissAlmond

Meh, Sheila. Now there's a character who wore out her welcome, IMO. And I can't stand the actress either. For reasons. 😑

Lauren was calling him MySon back then too? 🤗

I don't how to feel about Dru's hair. I hope VR was okay with it at the time.

Did Sheila's mommy have a stroke or something? What caused her difficulty speaking and using scissors?

As soon as that handyman came in the cabin I thought, "Sigh, mister, you're as good as dead now."

That was not the Nathan I preferred. I liked Nathan Purdee's version better. His Nathan seemed to have some substance whereas the guy today always came across as a lightweight to me. Accept no substitutes! 😼

I was rather struck by Lauren's outfit today. That was a rather conservative look for her, I think. She usually goes for the avant-garde, and the tighter the better. But I guess you can't go wrong with a classic white-trimmed navy blazer and white slacks. Bet she had on navy espadrilles too. With four-inch wedges.

So did Sheila have a special weirdness about fire? Her reaction seemed kind of off to me, like she was spellbound or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did Sheila's mommy have a stroke or something? What caused her difficulty speaking and using scissors?

Yes She had learned the truth about the baby switch and was going to tell Lauren but she had the stroke which affected her speech.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Whoa, what Daniel was that? Ehhhhh. He looked like your basic mall rat to me.

Hair straightening project. That might not go over so well today as a storyline. Whatever, Dru looked fabulous. IMO she and Damon would've made a striking couple but apparently the show never really pursued a pairing for them for some reason.

Nikki and Sharon have a long history of getting rid of dead bodies together it seems. Whee!

Phyllis had some major bags under her eyes today. Hope that was intentional.

So how did Brittany's face get damaged? She should've just made herself a Phantom of the Opera-style mask and used it as her gimmick.

I will never understand how Phyllis always starts swinging her dick at Christine. Christine knows Phyllis tried to kill her.😒

Ew, it really shouldn't be so easy to traipse around in sewers and drainage tunnels like they were doing in this episode. Seems like that could be dangerous on several fronts.

Get a grip, Damon. Screwing your boss' wife is never going to be a good career move unless he's into cuckolding. Jack isn't. 😑

Christine had a great apartment. Fantastic set decoration. I think the show lost a lot when they had to start cutting back on the sets. Everything looks so small and comparatively cheap now, and it seems like half the characters live at the Genuflecting Porcupine in basically the same room.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 8/3/2020 at 4:59 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

😐

I actually liked Mary's cape coat. I would've worn that myself.spa

I was thinking the same thing. And my next thought was: Aaannd now I'm officially an uncool oldie. 

I mean Mary Williams, for God's sake. Jeezus.. 

• LOL 10
37 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nikki and Sharon have a long history of getting rid of dead bodies together it seems. Whee!

This whole escapade made me appreciate Nikki a bit more because she could've totally ratted out Sharon and gotten her in a heap of trouble with Nick and made their reunion rocky. Instead girlfriend put family harmony over her personal Sharon issues and was down in the sewer to help the woman out.  It's why when years later when Nikki was asking Sharon for an endorsement during her Senate run, and Sharon sneered no dice I found myself shaking my head at Sharon saying 'I know you gotta support Jack but don't you remember Nikki down in the damn sewer with you a few years back? You owe her bigtime!' I really was wishing Nikki had thrown that in her face saying next time you need help moving a dead body don't call me.

And then years later Nikki whacked JT with Sharon pulled into helping dispose of the body so they've come full circle and now I guess they're even, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Aaannd now I'm officially an uncool oldie. 

Aw, classic looks come and go in an almost predictable cycle, including cape coats. AFAIC true style transcends trendy bandwagons. But yeah, I was shocked to see Mary of all people wearing something so sophisticated. Lauren must've given it to her as a birthday or Christmas present, hah, hah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So how did Brittany's face get damaged?

I had forgotten it, but I looked it up and it's so soapy. The mob electrified the stripper pole, and she touched it. They were at war with her father and Bobby.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hair straightening project. That might not go over so well today as a storyline. Whatever, Dru looked fabulous.

Dru did look great.  I think I'd appreciate a hair straightening storyline more these day if they play all the nuances.  There's commerce vs. what's "right" or "ideal."  The beauty industry (well pretty much most advertising) is centered around convincing people something that was never a problem is now a problem and it needs to be "fixed." 

Beauty standards are wrong and often racist but the market is there.

But Dru did look good. And I like how she supported Damon in front of Jack but tore him a new one when they were alone.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On July 28, 2020 at 4:17 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did Kevin have a weird crush on Lauren or something? Ew.

IIRC, Lauren was one of the few people in Genoa City who was nice to him and he became a little obsessed with her. When Lauren started dating Michael, they went out of their way to keep the relationship a secret from him. Kevin also developed a crush on MacKenzie, again because she was nice to him. Needless to say, she was not interested in him romantically.

On July 29, 2020 at 6:58 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I feel like turning Kevin into a romantic hero was one of the biggest mistakes this show has made. Michael was pretty bad guy at one time too but he was sent to prison and the character was actually off the show for a few years. AFAIC, he earned his redemption. Kevin has just been giving various excuses like Terrible Tom and claustrophobia, and the audience is just supposed to accept the horrible things he did. Bygones!

Every time I've seen Kevin getting snarky with Colleen or any of the Abbotts I've wanted to punch the TV screen. Ugh.  And now he and that psycho Chloe are living it up in Kay's mansion and acting more entitled than the British royal family. IMO, of course.

Kevin will always be creepy to me. He started out as an online predator, who preyed on underage girls, Lily being one of them. Between that and the horrible way he tried to kill Colleen, his interactions with women have always been disturbing. I did buy his relationship with Jana, though- for some reason they seemed to work. IMO, killing her off was a huge mistake, especially since it was done in order to pair him with Chloe. WTF? 

• Love 9

At some point, Christine really should have just killed Phyllis and got rid of the body via Cusinart.  I'm trying to remember a time when Phyllis wasn't tiresome but I can't come up with anything.

Damn, Nikki, you have your chance, RIGHT THERE, when Sharon fainted, and you didn't take it.  You've got nobody to blame but yourself.

I felt sorry for the poor rats.

I don't know about Brittany, but I don't see why anyone would have a problem sitting with Bobby Marsino and just enjoying the view.  Conversation is sometimes overrated.

Was Show suggesting that Danny Romalotti's fame was due to his singing with LAUREN?  I thought he was a big star all on his own.  

Blond Boy Band Danny Jr.  looked a bit too much like one of the kids who ended up on Willy Wonka's bad side.

giphy.gif

Of course, he really IS Phyllis' son...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Boy Band Daniel was Cam Gigandet (is that how you spell it?) from one (or more?) of the Twilight movies.  I think he lasted about 3 episodes.  Dru unwisely tested the hair straightener out on herself and her hair started falling out in clumps.  Ooops!  Maybe they used the wrong rare orchid?  They kept trying to make Damon a thing, but he always fell flat for me.  The actor just seemed so disinterested all the time.  I found Brittany to be like fingernails on a chalkboard, so I thought it was hilarious when she got electricuted on the stripper pole.  I know, I'm a terrible person and I'm going to hell.  But you just know that Brittany would have zero compassion if that had happened to somebody else.  

11 hours ago, Runningwild said:

The Bug vs. the Red Menace Ep. 3,133 or whatever. Still on Chris’s side. 

I'm with you.  Phyllis is too obnoxious to root for.  Ever.

So that was Frank's (Cassie's dad) body in the sewer, right?  The Cameron Kirsten story had so many twists in it that I can't remember all the details.  But I do remember it was kind of fun.  I wish we could have seen Larry and Jill together at some point during the reruns.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 8/1/2020 at 10:36 PM, MissAlmond said:

Next week is OMG! Week but the only episode that excites me is Lauren/Sheila and the baby switch reveal.  I refuse to watch Lily learning about her "paternity" and the rest of the chosen episodes (for me) are MEH not OMG! 

For whatever reason, (I think I saw a clip), I was expecting to see the Sheila sets the house on fire with her mother and Lauren tied up inside episode today. Phooey, it's not. I was so disappointed I had to change the channel. I hope it airs tomorrow. I was hoping for an entire Sheila week, to be honest. Now that new eps are coming back next week I guess that ship sailed. And I have to say, most of the current actors/characters really are a let-down after all the better retro episodes.

Edited to add - Dammit! I missed it. It was Tues. Hopefully I can see it On Demand. I checked Tuesday night, and from what was available there was no description of that episode.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh geez! The Red Menace strikes again! SyPhyllis is somehow responsible for Lily finding out the “truth” (I’m guessing the story was rewritten so Malcolm didn’t rape Dru.) SyPhyllis probably got away with that too. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Did I hear them say that new episodes are starting this Monday?  I was not in the family room, but I thought I heard a commercial saying the new eps were starting then.

Yes, the 10th. It's going to be weird.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Did I hear them say that new episodes are starting this Monday?  I was not in the family room, but I thought I heard a commercial saying the new eps were starting then.

Yep.  New episodes on Monday.

I'm hearing rumors that the first episode consists of nothing but ButtBiscuit's colonoscopy film, as, apparently, they go on the search for intelligent life.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Edited to add - Dammit! I missed it. It was Tues. Hopefully I can see it On Demand. I checked Tuesday night, and from what was available there was no description of that episode.

Sometimes it takes a day for things to be uploaded to On Demand.  It's available (under season 20) for my On Demand service--Comcast.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, boes said:

Yep.  New episodes on Monday.

I'm hearing rumors that the first episode consists of nothing but ButtBiscuit's colonoscopy film, as, apparently, they go on the search for intelligent life.

Entirely done through his cavernous nasal cavity?

• LOL 8
19 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Boy Band Daniel was Cam Gigandet (is that how you spell it?) from one (or more?) of the Twilight movies. 

GET OUT!  He grew up to be the hottie that killed Marissa in the OC.  Wow, I did NOT recognize him (and I should have).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh lord, Malcolm in that struggle wig. Sure hope the movie role Shemar was wearing it for was worth it. 😼

One thing I'll say in favor of Phyllis: she was definitely down with the swirl. She got both Malcolm and Damon. Werk, bish. 🙂

Aaaannnnd there's Ashley siding with Victor against Jack AGAIN! Meanwhile, what was wrong with Victor that Ashley had to drive him home? He couldn't get a cab or a car service? It's funny how sometimes the ranch is way outside of town and other times people can just drop by like it's right around the corner.

Huh, the tack house seemed a lot bigger then. Still don't get why the Abbotts let Phyllis live there. At this point Summer wasn't even a twinkle in Nick's nutsack. 😑

That conversation between John and Gloria made it crystal clear why I remain baffled that Jack was ever fcuk buddies with her. He could not stand her and it was for very good reasons. Jack would never have been so desperate for some ready nookie that he'd carry on with a woman he'd long loathed.

Lily was supposed to be only 16 here? Ehhhh, CK wasn't pulling that off IMO, but for her persistent valley girl affectations.

Why was Phyllis so curious about Lily's paternity?

At least they let Malcolm tell the story of Lily's conception pretty much the way it happened, though they deemphasized the rapey part. Still, it was so disrespectful of the late Bill Bell's wishes. But I guess at this point the key cast members must've been okay with it. At least I hope they were.

I'm with Lily's saywhatnow? face: how could Dru have thought she was sleeping with Neil versus Malcolm? She definitely had to have been doped out of her mind because it strains credulity. That'd be like mistaking a Ford for a Mercedes. 😒

Damon really thought a lot himself. It would've been unattractive if he hadn't been so foine. 🙄

Were Ashley and Brad no longer married here? Them asking each other if they were dating anyone was odd to me. And if they weren't married why did it seem like Brad was still living in the Abbott manse?

Wait, did Phyllis monkey with the DNA test results or did Dru straight up lie to Lily? Either way, wow, I really didn't get Lily's hysterical reaction to the news. Neither of her parents were saints. Pshht, teenaged girls.

• Love 4

Lily, I can see why you're upset, but things could have been so much worse, SO much worse.

You could have been Victor Newman's kid - there was a lot of that going around at the time.

This episode confirmed something I wasn't sure about.  I never liked Damon but I wasn't sure if it was just because oh how much I disliked the character Keith Hamilton Cobb played on All My Children.  But watching him as Damon again reminds me that both characters he played are a variation on a theme of "my shit don't stink".   Show already had an overabundance of characters who thought their feet didn't touch the ground, so having Damon around was just too much of a bad thing.  Him and Phyllis together should have been a recipe for spontaneous combustion.

I don't remember.  Was Phyllis so bent on knowing Lily's paternity so she could stick it to Dru?

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

I usually like Victoria Rowell but I think her reaction was also way over the top. 

Also, not that I've ever been a regular Y&R viewer, but I feel like the show misses her presence.

6 minutes ago, boes said:

I never liked Damon but I wasn't sure if it was just because I couldn't stand the character Keith Hamilton Cobb played on All My Children.  But watching him as Damon again reminds me that both characters are a variation on a theme of "my shit don't stink". 

KHC never really clicked with me as an actor either.  Do his characters ever genuinely smile or look like they're having fun? I don't mind punchable pricks on soaps but be fun at least.  He's just so dour.

It's funny because every time he has appeared in one of the old episodes I've watched in these past months, I've liked the idea of the character and the idea of the story but I don't care about the walking and talking him.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

At least they let Malcolm tell the story of Lily's conception pretty much the way it happened, though they deemphasized the rapey part. Still, it was so disrespectful of the late Bill Bell's wishes

Unlike the show, I still respect Bill Bell wishes so none of this happened.  Don't try me Y&R because La La La.  I can't hear you.

18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Yes.  New episode start Monday, August 10.  If you go upthread and click my post that says "Spoilers" you will see the synopsis for August 10-14.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I never liked Damon but I wasn't sure if it was just because oh how much I disliked the character Keith Hamilton Cobb played on All My Children. 

I didn't dislike him but I always felt like he thought he was slumming on AMC.

I remember when he arrived on AMC. It was made known that not only was he a classically-trained theater actor (as many east coast soap actors were back then), he was a Shakespearean actor. Even though he was playing kind of a stereotypically lowly guy, the ACTING! thing of his always came through in his booming voice and the way he often posed in a certain stilted way when he delivered his dialogue.

When he showed up on Y&R I was quite surprised because the west coast soap casts tended to be mostly movie and TV character actors (and later, models and TV commercial performers) and I figured he'd consider Y&R below his talents. Guess he had bills to pay too, and TPTB seemed to be impressed with him. I have to say, he was a handsome guy back then. (Not that he isn't now, but I haven't seen him since so I don't know.)

Per IMDb he hasn't done much Hollywood stuff in the past 10+ years.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

boes, you are priceless.  Will we view the colonoscopy live, like our eyes are part of the camera, or will it be tape delayed. 

Tape Delayed because.......wait for it......SPECIAL.....GUEST.....APPEARANCES!!

Who says glamor is dead?

• LOL 7
23 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Sometimes it takes a day for things to be uploaded to On Demand.  It's available (under season 20) for my On Demand service--Comcast.

I have Comcast as well. I'm never sure if the problem is them or cbs. But I got to see it and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

15 hours ago, boes said:

Him (Damon)and Phyllis together should have been a recipe for spontaneous combustion.

I don't remember.  Was Phyllis so bent on knowing Lily's paternity so she could stick it to Dru?

I really liked Damon and Phyllis as a couple. I guess I was the only one. And I liked them and Daniel as a family unit. I was disappointed when he basically up and left one day. What I didn't like was that they were living in the apartment that Jack got for Phyllis and himself. It really just seemed wrong that she stayed in it after screwing him over again even though Jack was gracious about it.

What I remember about the time of Lily's paternity saga, Phyllis and Malcom were besties and her allegiance was to him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I usually skip the more recent episodes but since one of the stories featured KSJ, I decided to stick around.  Not really knowing all the nuances of the stories, I mostly enjoyed it.

Wasn't it cool that Uhura was his mom? But I do think I remember conversations between the good brother and the bad brother back in the early days of Neil and Malcom where Neil talked about their parents disappointment in Malcolm. I assumed that they had the same two parents but either they always had different moms and I forgot or there was some retcon going on. I'll have to check Soap central.

ETA: Here's what Soap Central says about Malcom's parents:

Parents unknown names (Malcolm and Neil have different mothers)

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

So, as we are about to enter the world of new episodes, I've been ruminating on what I've learned from these weeks of classic Y & R. Mainly it's reminded me of what I miss:

Gloria. Daniel. Dru. Well paced episodes and storytelling. And more moments of levity (I know it's a soap, but they used to do a better job of balancing at least some light hearted moments with the drama).

All that said, I am also grateful for the continued presence of Jack, Tracy, Sharon and Jill. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

🎵Now it's time to say goodbye to this Y&R forum company🎵

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome I received here.  It was a lot of fun for me to look back and reminisce on Y&R days of yore with all of you.  I haven't much to say about the goings on with the characters today.  It's been too long and I don't know their updated histories.  I'll just toss out these very short observations.  IMHO naturally.  

Y&R should simply concede Victor & Nikki are a forever couple and stop with the breaking up/getting back together.   I mean honestly show, Victor & Cher?  Yes, they're dysfunctional, but Nikki is exactly the sort of woman Victor would marry.

Smart move making Michael & Lauren a couple.  Honestly, enjoying these two flawed characters together is about as close as I would get to returning to the show.  But knowing Y&R they would mess things up and I'll be mad all over again, so nah.  

Christine/Cricket really did come a long way from her early acting days.  I can't believe I admitted that.  Is that you lurking in that corner Bill and Lee Bell? 

Dru should come back.  Considering what we know now of CBS culture, maybe it's time TPTB sat down and actually listened to Victoria Rowell.

Ashley, I've already told you what you need to do.  😉

Take care everyone and thanks again!  Enjoy the new episodes.  Wash your hands and wear a mask!

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome I received here.  It was a lot of fun for me to look back and reminisce on Y&R days of yore with all of you.  I haven't much to say about the goings on with the characters today.  It's been too long and I don't know their updated histories.  I'll just toss out these very short observations.  IMHO naturally.  

It was a pleasure to read your posts. I hope you continue watching Y&R and posting on the forum. We need your humble opinion.

Take care everyone and thanks again!  Enjoy the new episodes.  Wash your hands and wear a mask!

Stay safe, wishing you all the best and thank you for your company.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Y&R should simply concede Victor & Nikki are a forever couple and stop with the breaking up/getting back together.   I mean honestly show, Victor & Cher?  Yes, they're dysfunctional, but Nikki is exactly the sort of woman Victor would marry.

Smart move making Michael & Lauren a couple.  Honestly, enjoying these two flawed characters together is about as close as I would get to returning to the show.  But knowing Y&R they would mess things up and I'll be mad all over again, so nah.  

Christine/Cricket really did come a long way from her early acting days.  I can't believe I admitted that.  Is that you lurking in that corner Bill and Lee Bell? 

Dru should come back.  Considering what we know now of CBS culture, maybe it's time TPTB sat down and actually listened to Victoria Rowell.

What @Cupid Stunt said! I enjoyed reading your posts.

• Love 7
On 8/5/2020 at 5:15 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Phyllis had some major bags under her eyes today. Hope that was intentional.

Teenage me seems to recall Phyllis having major bags under her eyes a lot and finding it distracting. But then they one day just disappeared. I don't know if MS had surgery, or uses some kind of cream, but I definitely remember seeing them more than once and they were very noticeable and distracting. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/7/2020 at 9:51 PM, MissAlmond said:

Can you sign on as the forum’s resident historian?!

Thank you for filling in all the gaps, and your personal anecdotes along the way.   Take care and come back and visit!

• Love 8

If this is going to be as boring as it sounds from our Canadian Preverts, then I suggest Show brings in some mysteryoso royal or billionaire to buy the local castle (isn't there always a deserted castle on soaps?) where he/she kidnaps some worthy CG citizen. Then episodes can just be a couple characters at a time searching various places in town while our poor worthy is forced to live on rats and snakes until the trumpet shall sound, amen.

/sorry, excited for Halloween

• LOL 10
22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

If this is going to be as boring as it sounds from our Canadian Preverts, then I suggest Show brings in some mysteryoso royal or billionaire to buy the local castle (isn't there always a deserted castle on soaps?) where he/she kidnaps some worthy CG citizen. Then episodes can just be a couple characters at a time searching various places in town while our poor worthy is forced to live on rats and snakes until the trumpet shall sound, amen.

/sorry, excited for Halloween

Can the mystery person who buys the Olde ButtBiscuit Manor have  a helper named Willie Loomis?  Nobody scrubs out that stubborn nostril grit and grime like Willie!

• LOL 7