Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Apparently, the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy was in town to see Victoria today.

Ed8tYRYXoAEFM4w?format=jpg&name=small

I actually love this! It made me think of Blade Runner.

Best shock was that Victoria posed for a nude centerfield.  Could not imagine the current actress pulling off these scenes.  And Ryan sayin that Vic hated sex! 😮

blade runner GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, boes said:

Apparently, the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy was in town to see Victoria today.

Yes he was, and even The Great Victor Newman jumped when he played reveille.  He was the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Yes he was, and even The Great Victor Newman jumped when he played reveille.  He was the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B.

Jeez, I thought he'd hold out for Bei Mir Bist Du Schön...

A fun version:

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay, I did not need to start the episode with a close up on Neil's pert nipples. 🙁

I wonder at what point did HT decide it'd be easier just to go platinum blonde?

Lol, Nick told Victoria he was going to get out of her hair. I don't know how she didn't bust out laughing.

So it looks like this was when Dru was going to find out she was pregnant. But it also sounds like she was still friendly with Malcolm. Huh?

Why were they making it sound like Victoria got pimped out or something when the guy took her to NYC? She went voluntarily, and nudity for public consumption is practically a Newman family tradition. The only problem I could see is if she were under 18.

Good lord, Victor giving romantic advice to Nick. (Or to anyone for that matter. <shudder>)

Those New York guys did know who Victoria's father was, right? And that he could easily have them disappeared for humiliating the Newman family? I hate when villains are deliberately stupid.

I actually love this! It made me think of Blade Runner.

Me too! While I was watching I googled Sean Young.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, I did not need to start the episode with a close up on Neil's pert nipples. 🙁

So it looks like this was when Dru was going to find out she was pregnant. But it also sounds like she was still friendly with Malcolm. Huh? 

My thoughts exactly re Neil’s nipples. 

And I guess they are walking back the walking back of Malcolm raping Dru. Gross. 

Equally gross was Ryan ribbing Victoria re hating sex. Maybe she hated sex with YOU. Because you SUCKED at it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I thought Victoria looked more like Flock of Seagulls than Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. 
33A21BDF-1FDA-48A3-83DD-9A68961CE4F4.thumb.jpeg.507e8773a1c0db1f6b6c3f61a3ab1f5c.jpeg

Seeing Marissa again reminded me that the actress that played her is now dating Justin Hartley in real life though Marissa and Adam never dated on the show. 

Edited by Angeleyes
Photo for comparison
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Was that thing even in style when Heather Tom wore it then? I was so fascinated by it. I guess it was their (the hair department) way of making her look older? I only saw a snippet since ending was preempted. I keep forgetting the the Ryan and Cole triangle storyline she played. I guess I didn’t care for it at the time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

12 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

And I guess they are walking back the walking back of Malcolm raping Dru. Gross. 

Again, you have to remember Bill Bell had a change of heart about Malcolm raping Dru. He dropped the whole storyline with the audience asked to "Forget About it".  However, after Bell's death, Y&R revived it making the "forget about it" re-airings of Dru/Malcolm's relationship disjointed with present day.  The show should have respected Bell's decision.  

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Was that thing even in style when Heather Tom wore it then?

I know 1940's retro style makes a comeback every now and then.  One such time was when Evita came out but that was 1996. This episode was said to be from 1994.  But even when retro 40's clothing was a thing, I don't remember anyone wearing the hairstyle Victoria was sporting.  If they were, I blocked it out.   

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I keep forgetting the the Ryan and Cole triangle storyline she played. I guess I didn’t care for it at the time. 

I loved Heather Tom's Victoria and felt her version was that of Victor's true Newman Enterprises heir.  But I really can't see a men's magazine being excited about having her Victoria Newman as a centerfold.  IMO, Tom's Victoria doesn't have the heat and - let's be blunt - isn't that what men's magazines were about?  I doubt her issue would fly off newsstands unless men really wanted to see The Great Victor Newman's daughter naked.

Ryan came across as a twerp and Cole was far sexier swapping mangos with Davidson's Ashley.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

That's the hairstyle I liked on Lauren. It looked natural and fun, unlike those two floppy extensions she usually throws over her shoulders now.

Kevin spent a night in jail? And it was scary awful? Aw, boo effin hoo.

Bobby and Angelo. GC's suburban outlet store version of the mob. 🙄

Apparently this was when Kay and Jill thought they were biologically related. Oy, if ever there was a retcon which accomplished virtually nothing and thumbed its nose at longtime viewers. At least Y&R undid their mistake later.

I liked Olivia's curly 'do too, though I suspect it was a wig.

Okay, so I'm watching Brad and Victor in a scene where Brad appears to be disrobing, and for about 15 seconds I'm like, "Hel-lo! What's all this, then? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink." No, seriously, I'd rather poke my own eyes out than see even the suggestion of Brad getting nekkid with Victor. 😉

Oh please, the whole reason Ashley did all that sperm-stealing stuff to get pregnant with Abby was so she'd have a permanent connection to Victor. Of course she was going to tell him eventually. I don't know why Liv was acting so shocked.

Did Kevin have a weird crush on Lauren or something? Ew.

Wait, in Colleen's daydream it sounded like JT had some kind of musical act. I don't remember that at all. So Reed got his talent from JT. Huh.

Poor Colleen. Little did she know then that she'd eventually die for Victor's sins.

Hmm, Victor was sorta acting like he already had a clue about Abby's true parentage. Blood will tell. Literally. 🙂

Good grief, Nikki was such a drama queen. It wasn't as if she was the first woman in the history of the world whose man had children with other women. She and Sharon are so much alike. 😒

Brad had a great house. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of that set. It still is Abby's property, right?

• Love 6

That's the hairstyle I liked on Lauren. It looked natural and fun, unlike those two floppy extensions she usually throws over her shoulders now.

I really liked it too. Very flattering and young. Why doesn't she wear it like that now?

• Love 6

Wait, in Colleen's daydream it sounded like JT had some kind of musical act.

Seems like I remember him playing a guitar for her. They discuss it on wikipedia under JT and Colleen's relationship under music. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That's the hairstyle I liked on Lauren. It looked natural and fun, unlike those two floppy extensions she usually throws over her shoulders now.

Kevin spent a night in jail? And it was scary awful? Aw, boo effin hoo.

Bobby and Angelo. GC's suburban outlet store version of the mob. 🙄

Apparently this was when Kay and Jill thought they were biologically related. Oy, if ever there was a retcon which accomplished virtually nothing and thumbed its nose at longtime viewers. At least Y&R undid their mistake later.

I liked Olivia's curly 'do too, though I suspect it was a wig.

Okay, so I'm watching Brad and Victor in a scene where Brad appears to be disrobing, and for about 15 seconds I'm like, "Hel-lo! What's all this, then? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink." No, seriously, I'd rather poke my own eyes out than see even the suggestion of Brad getting nekkid with Victor. 😉

Oh please, the whole reason Ashley did all that sperm-stealing stuff to get pregnant with Abby was so she'd have a permanent connection to Victor. Of course she was going to tell him eventually. I don't know why Liv was acting so shocked.

Wait, in Colleen's daydream it sounded like JT had some kind of musical act. I don't remember that at all. So Reed got his talent from JT. Huh.

Poor Colleen. Little did she know then that she'd eventually die for Victor's sins.

Hmm, Victor was sorta acting like he already had a clue about Abby's true parentage. Blood will tell. Literally. 🙂

Good grief, Nikki was such a drama queen. It wasn't as if she was the first woman in the history of the world whose man had children with other women. She and Sharon are so much alike. 😒

Brad had a great house. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of that set. It still is Abby's property, right?

The Brad house previously the Cassandra Rawlings house (I think...could be wrong) was great set. It had all these nooks & crannies which felt like a real home. I’m assuming they got rid of that set when Brad died? It wasn’t a huge wide open set but filled with books and furniture and a deck. It was almost messy but soap messy which in reality is beautiful. I also liked the Ashley & Oliv friendship until sex got in the way, some people are so touchy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

The Brad house previously the Cassandra Rawlings house (I think...could be wrong) was great set. It had all these nooks & crannies which felt like a real home. I’m assuming they got rid of that set when Brad died? It wasn’t a huge wide open set but filled with books and furniture and a deck. It was almost messy but soap messy which in reality is beautiful. I also liked the Ashley & Oliv friendship until sex got in the way, some people are so touchy.

Sharon lived there with Noah and with Adam for a while, until Daisy set fire to the place.  I remember Show telling us that the house wasn't destroyed, but that's the last time I remember seeing that set.  I think - though I'm not positive, that Abby lived there afterwards, though I don't think we ever saw that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, boes said:

Sharon lived there with Noah and with Adam for a while, until Daisy set fire to the place.  I remember Show telling us that the house wasn't destroyed, but that's the last time I remember seeing that set.  I think - though I'm not positive, that Abby lived there afterwards, though I don't think we ever saw that.

Thanks. I have no recollection of that at all. Maybe, I blocked it out of my subconscious. LOL!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yes, this ep reminded me of this.  He was weirdly fixated on Lauren. He thought that she was into him as well.

I have no idea why Kevin ever became an actual mainstream character, love by Katherine et al.

I laughed and laughed at Mikey's tough guy stance with actual tough guys, Bobby and Angelo.

• Love 8
(edited)

Abby lived there afterwards, though I don't think we ever saw that.

I think we did see Abby living there briefly, I believe when she started dating Stitch.

I also liked the Ashley & Oliv friendship until sex got in the way, some people are so touchy.

Right? I mean, all Olivia did was sleep with Ashley's husband when she thought Ashley was about to die anyway. Gah, what was the big deal, lol?

I have no idea why Kevin ever became an actual mainstream character, love by Katherine et al.

Me either, though I suspect it may have had something to do with the actor's personal relationship with CLB. (They were dating for a while.)

I feel like turning Kevin into a romantic hero was one of the biggest mistakes this show has made. Michael was pretty bad guy at one time too but he was sent to prison and the character was actually off the show for a few years. AFAIC, he earned his redemption. Kevin has just been giving various excuses like Terrible Tom and claustrophobia, and the audience is just supposed to accept the horrible things he did. Bygones!

Every time I've seen Kevin getting snarky with Colleen or any of the Abbotts I've wanted to punch the TV screen. Ugh.  And now he and that psycho Chloe are living it up in Kay's mansion and acting more entitled than the British royal family. IMO, of course.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

Even though I've seen the episode before, Cassie's death is still a sucker punch. Everyone brought it in those scenes, including JM, whom we all give a lot of shit to and rightfully so.

tumblr_nc73rcT6OM1spd8roo5_250.gifv

When he broke when Cassie called him "Daddy," that got to me and the lullaby. Sharon's look up at the monitor was gut-wrenching.

tumblr_nc73rcT6OM1spd8roo7_250.gifv

And the music, a very mournful rendition of Nadia's theme...just perfection. 

And I noticed something I didn't all those years ago - CG was struggling to hold back tears, which also touched me because I'm not made of stone.

That was vintage Y&R and while I don't want a sobfest all day, every day, it's these kind of episodes that they should be re-airing, not Kevin gave Lily a nasty STD. And it's these kinds of episodes they should be striving for going forward.

We don't need out-of-this-world sets, wardrobe, et al - just great storytelling and acting. It's really not that hard. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

I know they ended up married and had a couple of kids,  but I will never understand what JT saw in Mac. If you look up the word "killjoy" in Wikipedia, it has her photo. Bleh.

Phyllis said Christine was Daniel's defense attorney. How did Phyllis pull that off? I thought Christine couldn't stand her.

Gosh, was that a good idea to have Noah at the bedside vigil to watch Cassie dying? He was still a little kid.

Those gigantic bangs Phyllis was wearing were distracting to me. I kept wondering what was underneath that she needed to hide. Meanwhile, I think Sharon could've used some bangs to cover that shiny fivehead. 😼

Victor had doctors flown in from Johns Hopkins to consult on Cassie's condition. Seems to me the Mayo Clinic was way closer. They probably could've come relatively quickly by car, or helicopter.

I'd forgotten about Cassie's deathbed prophecy regarding Faith. Wonder why she didn't offer one about Summer too, hah, hah?

That was quite a sendoff they gave young CG. It got me in the feels when Nadia's Theme started playing. Bravo, Y&R. Retroactively.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Even though I've seen the episode before, Cassie's death is still a sucker punch. Everyone brought it in those scenes, including JM, whom we all give a lot of shit to and rightfully so.

tumblr_nc73rcT6OM1spd8roo5_250.gifv

When he broke when Cassie called him "Daddy," that got to me and the lullaby. Sharon's look up at the monitor was gut-wrenching.

tumblr_nc73rcT6OM1spd8roo7_250.gifv

And the music, a very mournful rendition of Nadia's theme...just perfection. 

And I noticed something I didn't all those years ago - CG was struggling to hold back tears, which also touched me because I'm not made of stone.

That was vintage Y&R and while I don't want a sobfest all day, every day, it's these kind of episodes that they should be re-airing, not Kevin gave Lily a nasty STD. And it's these kinds of episodes they should be striving for going forward.

We don't need out-of-this-world sets, wardrobe, et al - just great storytelling and acting. It's really not that hard. 

Bravo! Well said, Countrygirl!!!!

• Love 8

Why did Y&R kill off Cassie? Camryn Grimes wanted to become a full time student?  The writers loved the drama of it all?  Camryn Grimes appears to have been well liked by the audience.   The show conceded that when they brought her back.  So what was the reason?  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Phyllis said Christine was Daniel's defense attorney. How did Phyllis pull that off? I thought Christine couldn't stand her.

Christine hates Phyllis but she’s cool with Daniel via Danny. Christine even helped Danny get custody of Daniel even though he was proven not to be Daniel’s bio dad- that’s how crooked Phyllis was back in the day.

50 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Why did Y&R kill off Cassie? Camryn Grimes wanted to become a full time student?  The writers loved the drama of it all?  Camryn Grimes appears to have been well liked by the audience.   The show conceded that when they brought her back.  So what was the reason?  

I want to say that storywise the thinking was that Nick/Sharon needed a true shake up and that the death of a child that had severe ripple effects for a couple and their family was seen as a relevant story. I mean look at the canvas today and you see those effects still in play- Summer and Faith exist because of her death. Adam and Sharon’s connection is an indirect product of that due to his connection to the Faith swap. Hell, even Dru’s death was a part of it with Phyllis, Sharon feuding and the whole cliffside fight. One thing to wonder is how different things would be if Cassie had lived.

Nick’s one saving grace- as well as Nikki and Victor’s- is their whole hearted unconditional love for Cassie. Once that girl came into their lives, yes, there was a struggling period of adjustment, but in the end that girl was a Newman. While Nick used his grief as an excuse to do some crappy things, I kind of got it. Nick loved Cassie and felt overwhelming guilt and responsibility for her death in letting her go to that party. It really twisted him and he was running from his pain - which led him to Phyllis. And while I never bought their love, I bought that for him she was a second chance/clean slate and escape from his pain. He left Sharon in the dust and betrayed Jack in the worst way but any pain he felt at those actions were nothing compared to his pain over Cassie and so he kept right on rolling. 

Man when they showed all those flashbacks of Cassie from when she was wee to walking down the aisle and such a budding beautiful young lady it really let the knife go deep for the final twit as they then brought us back to the present Cassie laying dead in that bed with her parents sobbing over her body and then fading to white as Cassie goes to the beyond. Someone on twitter made a good point that Cassie’s death is a true demarcation of a before and after in the history of the show and the lives of the characters. The only other big demarcation would be Katherine’s death but the only real after effect of that was making Devon a billionaire.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I watched the Michael Fairman interview with Camryn, Josh & Sharon. It was interesting to get their take on it 15 years later. They said they weren’t happy with the TPTB killing Cassie off and weren’t even sure why they did. Granted, it did open for more story but at the time in (2005) they weren’t thinking of the future. They were in their 20’s and they were thinking current story. I still think it was dumb for the fact that I like when kid actors age on soaps. I think Camryn said she’d probably still be there if she had been killed off. It never occurred to her to leave.

BTW! It seems to me that girl kid actors on soaps are allowed to age but not boys. At least, that’s what can recall. Does anyone remember a boy child actor aging on Y&R (or any soap)? Even the actress who plays Faith has aged and is brought back often. Just curious. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wow.  That episode, at least the Cassie parts, slayed me.  I'm a sucker for moments like these and I think this was done very well, all things considered.  I've never searched this episode out online before and I can see now why I didn't. 

I'm not going to say anything mean about anybody in today's flashback episode.  Well, except for Mac....  And Phyllis with her Shaggy Dog do..... and.....nope, no more.

Episodes like these always made me feel impatient at the time, and later, sorry for the other storylines being shown that day, since I doubt very many people really cared about anything other than what was the dramatic center, Cassie's last moments and death.

One glaring omission from the people at Cassie's bedside.  Where was Dummer??  Oh, right, she wasn't even BORN yet, though if you watch Show currently, she's now the same age and remembers Cassie well.  Great job with the SORASING there, Show.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

One glaring omission from the people at Cassie's bedside.  Where was Dummer??  Oh, right, she wasn't even BORN yet, though if you watch Show currently, she's now the same age and remembers Cassie well.  Great job with the SORASING there, Show.  

Wait, what? Has Summer actually said she remembers Cassie? JFP. The gift that keeps on giving. 😑😑😑

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Wait, what? Has Summer actually said she remembers Cassie? JFP. The gift that keeps on giving. 😑😑😑

Pretty much.  A while ago now, she ripped into Mariah telling her she was nothing like Cassie, that she and everyone else loved Cassie.  I guess since they've made Mariah and Dummer approximately the same age, Show figured, what the hell?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I want to say that storywise the thinking was that Nick/Sharon needed a true shake up and that the death of a child that had severe ripple effects for a couple and their family was seen as a relevant story. I mean look at the canvas today and you see those effects still in play- Summer and Faith exist because of her death. Adam and Sharon’s connection is an indirect product of that due to his connection to the Faith swap. Hell, even Dru’s death was a part of it with Phyllis, Sharon feuding and the whole cliffside fight. One thing to wonder is how different things would be if Cassie had lived.

Thank you for the explanation.  As stated, I haven't watched Y&R for years.  I'm here for the re-airings.  So I didn't know why Cassie was killed off in the show.  It's not unheard of for younger actors to suddenly decide they want the high school experience and quit acting.   It's also not unusual  for TV shows to want a big shocker!,  kill off a popular character for drama, only to discover once it's over they have idea how to proceed.  From what you posted, Y&R did use Cassie's death to have reverberations still felt by the characters today.  Sad as Cassie's death was, I give them props for that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, boes said:

Pretty much.  A while ago now, she ripped into Mariah telling her she was nothing like Cassie, that she and everyone else loved Cassie.  I guess since they've made Mariah and Dummer approximately the same age, Show figured, what the hell?

Ok, that is all kinds of messed-up because I think it's fair to say that if Cassie hadn't died, there would be no Dummer as Nick wouldn't have spiraled and turned to Sphyllis to cope.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

It's also not unusual  for TV shows to want a big shocker!,  kill off a popular character for drama, only to discover once it's over they have no idea how to proceed.

Like when they killed off Colleen. What was the reason for eliminating a legacy character? To add fuel to the Abbott/Newman feud?

• Love 6
On 7/28/2020 at 10:03 PM, ByaNose said:

The Brad house previously the Cassandra Rawlings house (I think...could be wrong)

You are correct. That's the same house with the scene of Cassandra tied to the chair with a gun pointed at her that would shoot her once a block of ice melted.

• Love 2
(edited)

Awwwww, such a sweet, sentimental treasure from the past and nobody commented?

I mean, that scene between Victor and JT at the bottom of the staircase at the Ranch didn't touch you?  It made me think that the next time we'd see the two of them and a staircase in the same scene would be when JT pushed Victor down the stairs in the new Ranch house.  It put a tear in my beer....

And AMBER!  Sweet, dulcet-toned, talentless, scene stealing Amber.  Who didn't love Amber?  Besides me, I mean.  That was when Katherine had temporarily lost her mind and was surrounding herself with trolls she fished from under the nearest bridge like Amber, Kevin, Janna.  

Jack and Sharon's marriage?  The pilot light was never lit on that couple, not once.  They seemed like cordial, if distant, cousins.  But, sad as they may have been, that's nothing compared to Nick playing Happy Families with Phyllis.

giphy.gif

He's lucky he escaped with his life.  I said HE'S lucky, not us.

Jeffrey!  The Baldwin/Fishers hadn't eaten enough of Show on their own so I guess they had to pump them up by adding.....Jeffrey.

As nice as it always is to see Gloria now, I do remember how there was a time when I welcomed a break from her, and especially from the banter between Michael and Kevin, which I know was supposed to be funny but always - and still - comes across as painfully obvious.

Was Kevin using shoe polish on his hair at the time?  

One good thing, though, besides seeing Vincent Irrizary, were the sets.  The Abbott house, at least the living room, is still richly decorated but on this episode, every room at the Ranch was decorated down to the last detail.  That was nice to see.

Anybody else think Victor's mumbling in this episode was more unintelligible than usual?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Had Albert Miller been living in a cave? I can see him not recognizing the adult Christian Miller but how did he not recognize Victor Newman?

Aw yass, Christine vs Phyllis: The Battle of the Blowouts!

I don't know why but seeing Sharon sitting in the GCAC with her bag just laying on the table top unnerved me. That's how you get your purse stolen. BOTOH I guess she'd have been less likely to walk off and forget it in her seat or on the floor. 🤔

Eh, Danny was not looking all that great to me. Being a rock star (😐) constantly on the road with his nostalgia act must've taken its toll.

Lol, Nikki giving Michael Baldwin the third degree. Guess she forgot who she was dealing with. One of the last people Michael was going to be confessing to was Nikki.

Phyllis calling Christine a cruel bitch? Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah!

Frank. Wasn't he Cassie's biological father? Whatever, I don't know why Sharon let Cassie talk to her like that. I was thinking Miss Cassie needed to be told to stay out of grown folks business.

Christine was like, "Bitch you tried it tho." She actually ran Phyllis out of her own office. 🤗 But I don't get Christine being so friendly toward Michael. Wasn't this after he'd done time in prison for sexually assaulting her?

Was Raul for real? "You better get back up on that pole, Brittany! It's what you were born to do! Stop worrying about my insulin levels! Bobby Marsino needs you!"

So who was Phyllis with at this time? Was she still with Jack or was she between men? I was surprised at her reaction to seeing Danny.

Victor telling Albert off and then dramatically stomping out made me think of this moment from Seinfeld:
b6fad904-c55b-483f-bd46-e5c03e6615f0_tex

What happened to the episode that was supposed to run yesterday? It's not on cbs.com and to my knowledge it didn't air in my market unless they showed it at 2 a.m. or something. ☹

• Love 5

Had Albert Miller been living in a cave? I can see him not recognizing the adult Christian Miller but how did he not recognize Victor Newman?

I thought the scenes with Victor and his old man were fairly riveting compared with the rest of today's ep.

• Love 4

What happened to Danny's glorious hair?  

On 7/31/2020 at 5:55 PM, peacheslatour said:

I thought the scenes with Victor and his old man were fairly riveting compared with the rest of today's ep

I thought the scenes between Victor and his father were powerful.  Bringing in seasoned pro George Kennedy to play against Eric Braeden was a smart move.

Next week is OMG! Week but the only episode that excites me is Lauren/Sheila and the baby switch reveal.  I refuse to watch Lily learning about her "paternity" and the rest of the chosen episodes (for me) are MEH not OMG! 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 6

So that was Cameron Kirsten at the end of that ep when Sharon and Cassie were lunching at the GCAC.  I remember a bit about his storyline, especially the ep when Sharon and Nikki go through the sewers looking for a body.  That isn't included in this summary though.  I didn't remember any of the plane and cornfield stuff!

Cameron Kirsten

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, bannana said:

So that was Cameron Kirsten at the end of that ep when Sharon and Cassie were lunching at the GCAC.  I remember a bit about his storyline, especially the ep when Sharon and Nikki go through the sewers looking for a body.  That isn't included in this summary though.  I didn't remember any of the plane and cornfield stuff!

Cameron Kirsten

He looks a little Hugh Grantish in that pic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

OMG Week...WTF does that mean?  SMDH.  When is Organ Transplant Week? 

It's supposed to mean shocking moments, according to the preamble given by Tracy Bregman.

I really hope we get the Drinki and Sharon in the sewers episode.

And when are we going to get Dru's death episode?!?!?

• Love 2

So in watching these old eps, and it is clear that Phyllis has a personality transplant every so often.  She's  a bitch, she is normal and great with Jack, she is a fierce and stable mom when Daniel is in trouble, she giggles her head off during her hot sexy times with Nick.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

From those who don't know which episodes make up OMG! Week from Soaps.com:

Monday August 3

Paul (Doug Davidson) learns his wife Lauren (Tracey Bregman) entered him in a nude centerfold contest without his knowledge when his mother Mary (Carolyn Conwell) confronts him about it. Originally aired on December 4, 1986.

Tuesday August 4

After Sheila (Kimberlin Brown) admits the truth about the baby switch to Lauren, she locks her and her mother, Molly (Marilyn Alex) in the farmhouse. As Lauren and Sheila struggle a kerosene lantern is knocked over and the farmhouse catches on fire with all of them inside. Also, Olivia (Tonya Lee Williams) tells Nate she’s pregnant. Originally aired on May 15, 1992.

Wednesday August 5

Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) accompanies Sharon (Sharon Case) when she goes to see the body of Cameron Kirsten (Linden Ashby) after Larry Warton (David ‘Shark’ Fralick) claims he dumped Kirsten’s body in a sewer. Originally aired on April 16, 2004.

Thursday August 6

Lily (Christel Khalil) learns the truth about her paternity results, while Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) discovers that two paternity tests were run and considers her next move. Originally aired on March 1, 2005.

Friday August 7

Neil (Kristoff St. John) is reunited with his birth mother, Lucinda (Nichelle Nichols), and confronts her about the past, while Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan) and Nick (Josh Morrow) are stunned when the cabin where Adam (Justin Hartley) is waiting for her and Connor to return, explodes. Originally aired on Thursday September 1, 2016.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Whew - who was the hair stylist?  That was some bad hair floating around this episode.  Ashley girl, you looked rough!  I told you to stay away from Victor Newman.  Go fetch a bowl of mangos, find Cole, and Get It

Damn, Mary Williams belonged to one self righteous un-Christian, Christian congregation.  Judge not less ye be judged.  He who is without sin cast the first stone.  First remove the plank from your own eye.  Clearly those church ladies skipped those Biblical passages.  Too busy perfecting pot roast recipes I suppose.  

Edited by MissAlmond
Advice for Ashley LOL
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
Just now, MissAlmond said:

Whew - who was the hair stylist?  That was some bad hair floating around in this episode.  Ashley girl, you looked rough.

Damn, Mary Williams belonged to one self righteous un-Christian, Christian congregation.  Judge not less ye be judged.  He who is without sin cast the first stone.  First remove the plank from your own eye.  Clearly those church ladies skipped those Biblical passages.  Too busy perfecting pot roast recipes I suppose.  

And gossiping about Mary Sue's hemline.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

After Sheila (Kimberlin Brown) admits the truth about the baby switch to Lauren, she locks her and her mother, Molly (Marilyn Alex) in the farmhouse.

That was memorable. I remember thinking this woman Shelia is a psychopath if she'd do this to her own mother. 

• Love 6

I thought TB had switched to the beach waves look?

So was this was like 15 years after Burt Reynolds did his famous Cosmopolitan centerfold. Way to jump right on a bandwagon, Y&R. 😐 A bandwagon I'm sure not many people were itching to see. Gotta say though, DD had a nice body back then. (The other DD, did too. 🙄)

Good casting on Matt. He did look like he could be EB's brother to me.

Life really was different before cell phones, the internet, and social media. Nowadays Paul would've woken up with messages blowing up his phone about the centerfold. In the mid-80s Y&R was able to make a episode's worth of drama about how and when Paul would find out.

I guess sexual harassment laws didn't exist much either. No way should someone have been able to post up a nude photo on the office bulletin board. Not openly, anyway. And no way would the boss not have immediately taken it down before someone filed a complaint with HR. Especially if the boss was the father of the naked subject.

Lauren was a singer at one time. Huh. So Fen got his talent from her? 😐

Welp, there goes Mayor McFull of Himself's reelection hopes. His opposition just got a killer headline: "Mayor Seen Having Lunch in Public with Male Porn Model. Does He Still Deserve  Your Vote?"

"I don't ever intend to hurt Nikki again!" Intend. Whoa there, Victor. If you had hedged any harder you'd have needed a bigger pair of shears.

Why was Ashley acting so loopy? Was this when she went bonkers after having an abortion? 😑

Did Brad have a college degree or something? Amazing how he went from being the Abbott pool boy to an executive position at Jabot. Can't beat the express route of being hot and marrying the boss' daughter. (Or being the boss' son. O hai, Jack)

I actually liked Mary's cape coat. I would've worn that myself.

• Love 7

You're right, Tracy Bregman.  That was fun!  I'm not sure it was OMG, but I sure did LOL.  I grew up in the 80s, so I got a kick out of Lauren's pink flight suit and the 500 cans of mousse that were used in this episode.  The Williams were a believable family.  Present-day Paul really looks like Carl of yesteryear.  I think I remember reading in some soap mag years ago that the actress who played uptight Mary was a free spirit with hippie tendencies in real life.  Paul had The Silver Briefcase Of Justice way back then!  They're getting a lot of mileage out of that prop.  Who is Jamie's father?  Not Victor, I hope.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10