Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

It's a year after this that Brad marries Victoria, and I don't recall anything between Brad and Sharon at this point.

Ash and Paul?  I have no memory of this, but I guess this is after Ash told Brad the truth about Abby?

And this is while Nick and Phyllis are getting hard-ons for each other in Cali; so glad they didn't show us those episodes.

It's sad to see JT and know what the writers did to destroy this character years later.

I ff'ed through the Drinki and Pricktor scenes. I find those two the most dysfunctional pathetic couple ever.

• Love 7

Today in unpopular opinions about shows I barely watched:  I shipped this Billy and Mac.  I don't know why but I did.  Maybe it was the potential incest angle (was that there for a while?) Yeah, I'm twisted.

I though Ashley looked terrific today too but it was one of those endings that made me go "huh?" where an explanation would have been helpful.  Like, she's dating Paul (which I didn't remember or know) and she mentioned Tom who I think she also dated at one point?  So I'm thinking, okay, Ashley is potentially torn between Tom (who I assume was still unknown as the long lost daddy) and Paul.  But then she had that very weird reaction to Sharon and Brad.  I know Ashley and Brad have been involved in the past but it seemed odd to show Ashley with feelings for a third man. Just think, if Victor had shown up for whatever reason, they could have gone for the quad.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

You shall further be known as the Khaki Connoisuer!   I was really digging Jack’s super pale almost white chinos today.  So very summery (the season NOT the person).  And yesterday with Victor, I was just shocked to see knee caps and lower leg! 😳

Ashley’s outfit was the best (and her hair, too)! 

Okay getauxway, I'll take it! And oh, yeah, white jeans/chinos--a place in my heart as well.

Now, where Victor's concerned, I'm annoyed: this morning's insomnia yielded not just EB's knees [that rhymes!], but rather more... Inhaling like a good Anglo-Catholic [similar to your Episcopalian] to clear my mind--on Twitter, on EB's feed... Wait for it--EB in a red Speedo, reclining à la Burt Reynolds RIP. When I looked again, in the interests of delighting all of you with the image, it had been taken down.

Maybe in this hot weather, that was a mercy.

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, bannana said:

It's sad to see JT and know what the writers did to destroy this character years later.

I ff'ed through the Drinki and Pricktor scenes. I find those two the most dysfunctional pathetic couple ever.

I felt the same way, seeing JT.  Show destroying his character was such a cheap stunt IMO.  

More scenes of Victor mumbling his love and Nikki baby voice babbling....something.  I like Nikki a lot but with Victor, not so much.

When he was telling her how much he loved her and she responded with, 

"I know you do, you show it with what you say, and you show it with what you do", I was waiting for her to add

"and you show it with what you spend".

Of course, 20 minutes later he was giving her the tickets for some gold-plated toilet and bidet boat tour of the Greek Isles.  Was the name of the ship "The Ugly American"?  

I did love Gloria and her party.  That woman could chew scenery but she did it with panache.  I miss her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, boes said:

"and you show it with what you spend".

Of course, 20 minutes later he was giving her the tickets for some gold-plated toilet and bidet boat tour of the Greek Isles.  Was the name of the ship "The Ugly American"? 

Nikki snatches away the tickets from Victor's outstretched hand, hoping there's no elastic band attached to them...and sings, "But stiff back or stiff knees, you stand straight at Tiffany's."

But the track from Victor's head is more like this:

• LOL 7
(edited)
36 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Nikki snatches away the tickets from Victor's outstretched hand, hoping there's no elastic band attached to them...and sings, "But stiff back or stiff knees, you stand straight at Tiffany's."

But the track from Victor's head is more like this:

Who's had a history of serial marriages/serial gold digger girlfriends/married to a Kardashian while proclaiming the size of their bank accounts?

Quid pro quo, Baby. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 5

So watching the show today, we had Phyllis in scenes with baby-faced Billie and Jack before she got involved with the Abbott family. How long before she hooks up with Jack? Was she messing with Michael around this time period?

2nd version Matt not as attractive as 1st Matt but even more creepy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh boy,  it's "who farted?" face Mac. Party time!

So Olivia lived in the same building as Dru and Neil. I didn't realize that.

Michael and Phyllis used to date. Oy. Is there anyone in GC  Phyllis hasn't, um, dated? Besides Victor, anyway. Whatever, not a fan of her short haircut.

Nah, it's not believable to me that Brittany would be insecure about mousy Mac.

Who was Jack married to at this time? It didn't seem to be Jill or Phyllis.

Hey, Kay had a short 'do too. Yikes.

What health calamity was Olivia recovering from?

I don't get Jill's objection to Mac. As Katherine's grandchild, Mac was a born elite, while Jill only married into her status. Her baby boy Billy could've done worse. (And he certainly did. 😒)

Well, Red was working that scarlet dress. That's always been a good color for her.

OMG, how corny was that video shoot? Were that bunch supposed to be the equivalent of today's brand influencers? Billy looked like he was knocking on 30 to me, and he had the beginnings of a dad bod.

Matt said Nick spent some time in jail/prison until Victor pulled some strings and got him out. What did Nick do?

I guess DNA tests were not a thing yet. Seems to me questions about Mac's paternity were easily resolved. Back then such testing probably had to be done by a doctor though.

Whee, Phyllis looked at Brittany like, "Game recognize game, little girl." Brittany was pulling out the sex kitten stops with Billy and he couldn't have been less bothered. Meanwhile, suck a lemon face Mac was like, "Gag me with a spoon! Brittany is so groaty!"

I don't get Matt's plan. Did he not expect Nick to find out he was working at the coffeehouse and go apesh!t?

Heh, Phyllis and her handheld camera had the makings of a Glo by Jabot teen soap opera between Mac, Billy, and Brittany. Teh dramaz!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I shipped this Billy and Mac.  I don't know why but I did.  Maybe it was the potential incest angle (was that there for a while?) Yeah, I'm twisted.

I shipped them too. I shipped a couple on Guiding Light who were cousins(They stayed cousins unlike Billy and Mac). So I'm in the twisted club.

59 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What health calamity was Olivia recovering from?

I thought she had breast cancer, but I looked it up and she had ovarian cancer.  Lily, her niece, got ovarian cancer too. I had never realized that before. It does run in families. Were the writers really that smart? lol

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Matt said Nick spent some time in jail/prison until Victor pulled some strings and got him out. What did Nick do?

I missed the beginning because of a press conference but I think he was referring to Nick going to jail for killing him/Matt.  Amy (Nick's previous girlfriend before Sharon) actually did it* because Matt raped her too.  Nick was freed.

*But guess what?  Matt ended up not being dead.  Instead, he had plastic surgery which is why Sharon didn't recognize him when he was introduced under a pseudonym.  So because of the new name, the plastic surgery and the fact that everyone thinks he's dead, he didn't anticipate being discovered.  He gets better looking when, later in the year, he gets another makeover and Rick Hearst takes over the role.

14 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I shipped them too. I shipped a couple on Guiding Light who were cousins(They stayed cousins unlike Billy and Mac). So I'm in the twisted club.

Jammy.  Hell yeah! 

So to live up to my previous post, yay for Billy and Mac angst. I'll own it.

Speaking of what was going to happen, what was Drucilla going to tell Neil?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I missed the beginning because of a press conference but I think he was referring to Nick going to jail for killing him/Matt.  Amy (Nick's previous girlfriend before Sharon) actually did it* because Matt raped her too.  Nick was freed.

*But guess what?  Matt ended up not being dead.  Instead, he had plastic surgery which is why Sharon didn't recognize him when he was introduced under a pseudonym.  So because of the new name, the plastic surgery and the fact that everyone thinks he's dead, he didn't anticipate being discovered.  He gets better looking when, later in the year, he gets another makeover and Rick Hearst takes over the role.

Jammy.  Hell yeah! 

So to live up to my previous post, yay for Billy and Mac angst. I'll own it.

Speaking of what was going to happen, what was Drucilla going to tell Neil?

Did people think Matt was dead?  Wasn't he the one who said Nick shot him, which was why Nick's trial was a slam dunk?  I thought Matt just left town after Amy confessed to Victor.  My UO of the day is that I kind of liked Mackenzie.  She was supposed to be a street kid, so her attitude didn't come out of left field.  I'd take Mac over Brittany or Tricia or Summer any day of the week.  The best part of today was Larry Wharton!  They need to show at least one Jill and Larry episode.  He was her best pairing ever.  Their chemistry was off the charts. 

I'm guessing Dru was going to tell Neil about Malcolm?  I thought Lily was a teen when the truth came out, but did Neil find out before that?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Did people think Matt was dead?  Wasn't he the one who said Nick shot him, which was why Nick's trial was a slam dunk?  I thought Matt just left town after Amy confessed to Victor. 

Ha! I can only tell you what recaps have told me.  And the one I looked at said Nick was arrested for murder.  But I looked at a second one just now and the character recap aligns with what you remember.

7 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

My UO of the day is that I kind of liked Mackenzie.  She was supposed to be a street kid, so her attitude didn't come out of left field. 

Right?  But heck, even as a non-street kid, her sullen teen schtick worked because it felt realer than most teens on soaps do.  I get that it's not everyone's cuppa but it worked for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Right?  But heck, even as a non-street kid, her sullen teen schtick worked because it felt realer than most teens on soaps do.  I get that it's not everyone's cuppa but it worked for me.

UO here but that's exactly why I liked Eden.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

UO here but that's exactly why I liked Eden.

I liked Eden too, but she had an actual personality.

I could not stand this Mac, and seeing her after all these years, I dislike her even more.🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I thought she had breast cancer, but I looked it up and she had ovarian cancer.  Lily, her niece, got ovarian cancer too. I had never realized that before. It does run in families. Were the writers really that smart? lol

Jammy?

OMG, I loved them so much. And technically, they were only half-cousins. 😝

But Tom Pelphrey and Stephanie Gatschet had that rare lightning-in-a-bottle chemistry that I have yet to see since.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Jammy?

OMG, I loved them so much. And technically, they were only half-cousins. 😝

Yes, one of my favorite pairings ever. 

It seems some people in this group thought Mac was misunderstood, and others thought she was a sourpuss. lol

22 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

The best part of today was Larry Wharton! 

Yes. I never really cared for any of Jill's relationships, but he was good with her.

• Love 4
(edited)

Y&R Last Week: Please enjoy this week of episodes dedicated to Paul and Christine.
Y&R Viewers Last Week: Paul and Christine?  Why them?  They weren't really a Y&R signature couple like Nikki and Victor, Sharon and Nick or Dru and Neil, were they?

Y&R This Week:  Ahem, we hear you.  So please enjoy this wee dedicated to Billy & Mac, Summer Fun!

I mean, I liked them so I don't mind but it does amuse me how the week has turned out.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why are they showing this episode again? They just showed it exactly one month ago and I just went back and read my comnemts on it.

Phew!  Thanks for confirming that, Joimiarouxeu.  I thought I'd seen this, and then when Show went into the Nick and Sharon version of Arabian Nights, I was afraid my mind had melted in the heat.

Too bad Mac didn't have a vision of the future so she'd be more grateful that she got the David Tom version of Billy instead of getting stuck with the cavernous-nostriled, concaved-chested, skinny-jeans-and-white-tennies ButtBiscuit version who's been gracing our screens since the Romulan takeover of Y&R.

Hmmm..... my mind just MIGHT be melting......

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I didn't see this one recently.  Maybe it was preempted in the east for some useless press conference or something?  Too bad it wasn't preempted today, too.  My gods, Nick is about as romantic as a school board meeting on public access tv.  What a crap actor JM was/is/always will be.  That whole thing looked like a cheap imitation of Brooke's and Eric's honeymoon on B&B.  The only good part was the cute first Sean.  And Malcolm never disappoints.  Where was the Summer Fun?  It was all kind of season-less. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I didn't see this one recently.  Maybe it was preempted in the east for some useless press conference or something? 

Yeah. I remember the description from before but I am pretty sure it was preempted for a press conference. 

Did Michael do an Australian accent in the episode when he invited Christine to go to Australia? Or was that my imagination?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, boes said:

I thought I'd seen this, and then when Show went into the Nick and Sharon version of Arabian Nights, I was afraid my mind had melted in the heat.

It is some kind of torture when they have decades of classic episodes they can air, and they re-air one they just re-aired!

home alone idiots GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why are they showing this episode again? They just showed it exactly one month ago and I just went back and read my comnemts on it.

It was repeated because the episode had been preempted earlier.  Which is weird since we're talking random re-airings but maybe it has something to do with the "business" side of "show".  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

It was repeated because the episode had been preempted earlier.  Which is weird since we're talking random re-airings but maybe it has something to do with the "business" side of "show".  

It's all so strange.   I guess it was pre-empted in some places, but not all?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It's all so strange.   I guess it was pre-empted in some places, but not all?  

Yeah it seems so because I've seen complaints all over the interwebs about CBS repeating this episode. I thought it had to be a nationwide preemption before CBS would re-broadcast an episode at the regular time but maybe they're doing things differently during the hiatus. You'd think they wouldn't want to be alienating loyal viewers right now but...hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, I crack myself up sometimes.😏

• LOL 5
5 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Ok,  it’s actually Fisher Baldwin week. But...... *ducks and hides.  I’m hoping for lots of the GLO 🐛

I don't think you need to duck and hide here, lots of us love Gloria!  

• Love 5

Victor just has to make a dramatic entrance, doesn't he? Into his own house. 😑

What in the world ever compelled Lily to sleep with Kevin? I will never understand that. He practically had PERV tattooed on his forehead.

Aw geez, what did Phyllis do this time? She stayed breaking Jackie's heart. 😞

Why were Jack and Ashley lollygagging in a hospital room?

Dru and Neil's cosplay wedding in Japan. Ehhhhh. I doubt Y&R would try to pull that today.

Did Victor's mommy drop him off at an orphanage in Germany? Wonder how she paid for that plane ticket. 🤔

No, Phyllis, everyone doesn't start out sweet and caring. People like you come out of the womb looking to start trouble.

Wow, Victoria needed some peanut butter to go with that jelly. Victor can't have something going on with Nick that she's not a part of? No! How dare he! 😒

Brad and Ashley were a good-looking couple, I think.

Well what was poor Michael going through while Kevin was about to get indicted for committing statutory rape and giving 15-year olds chlamydia? Yeesh, that family. They should be put under the jail, AFAIC.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I love me some Glo-worm. 

I was hoping they’d re-air the scene where Kevin got his ass kicked in prison and later flat-lined in front of a horrified Michael, who sobbed as he recalled Kevin being tortured as a little boy and screaming for “Mikey” to help him. I’ve never cared for Kevin after he tried to kill Colleen, but those were moving, powerful moments that have stuck with me all these years later. 

I couldn’t take the “oh noes!” Lily has a “nasty” STD (is there any other kind?) seriously. It was so very after school special  It didn’t help that CK was so awful then (she was young but so was LF/Colleen and CG’s Cassie was even younger and they were great, even at a young age). KSJ looking equal parts embarrassed and like he wanted to laugh also took me out of the scenes so that I ended up FF.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I wasn't really watching when Kevin was introduced so it's nice to get some backstory. Yes, Kevin was creepy, and troubled, but damn he was cute. *ducks*

And it's been nice seeing Gloria again. I really do miss her. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why were Jack and Ashley lollygagging in a hospital room?

Was this not following Pricktor causing Ashley's accident, where she ends up losing her baby Patrick? Pricktor made it sound urgent that Ash must return, as I recall, and she ended up losing her baby with Brad.

8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Dru and Neil's cosplay wedding in Japan. Ehhhhh. I doubt Y&R would try to pull that today.

I have a vague memory of some flower that needed to be picked in Japan....

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Was this not following Pricktor causing Ashley's accident, where she ends up losing her baby Patrick? Pricktor made it sound urgent that Ash must return, as I recall, and she ended up losing her baby with Brad.

Wasn't it something to do with an orchid that you could use to help straighten women's hair? The things I remember...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Was this not following Pricktor causing Ashley's accident, where she ends up losing her baby Patrick?

Gosh, how many babies has Ashley lost because of Victor? There's the one she aborted, this one, and the one Adam caused her to miscarry. Abby should feel like the freaking golden child.

Yeah but I'm thinking that all could've been accomplished without Neil and Dru having a wedding there. Plus, I would think bringing in live plants into the US from other countries is iffy now, no? (Or maybe it was iffy then too?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Gosh, how many babies has Ashley lost because of Victor? There's the one she aborted, this one, and the one Adam caused her to miscarry. Abby should feel like the freaking golden child.

Yeah but I'm thinking that all could've been accomplished without Neil and Dru having a wedding there. Plus, I would think bringing in live plants into the US from other countries is iffy now, no? (Or maybe it was iffy then too?)

Oh, it's more than iffy. USCBP and APHIS by god do not mess around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Keeping Kevin on the low I could understand, but Gloria not bothering to mention to John that Michael Baldwin was her son seemed nuts to me. By that point the Abbotts had known Michael for years, hadn't they?

Nikki just let herself into Sharon's house and right away started climbing up Sharon's hiney. Hard core.

Brad: Jack, I'm getting impatient. When are you going to appoint me CEO of Jabot?
Jack: Brad, keep your shirt on.
Joi: Um, how 'bout nah on the shirt thing? 🙂

What was up with Nick's low rent porn-star-moonlighting-as-a-used-car-salesman look? Meanwhile, did Paul fall headfirst into a vat of tanning mousse?

John may have been too soft-hearted for his own good. Seems to me like every woman he got involved with tried to play him for a fool to some extent. Except perhaps Mamie. Ehhhhhh. 😕

An employee gets on their boss' PC and sends a fake personal email from the boss' account. How do they not get immediately fired and escorted from the building?

Why did the Newmans let Phyllis live in the tack house? At best she was a NE employee and at worst she was an Abbott by marriage. Makes no sense to me that they'd be doing her any favors. 🤔

Nick was almost dismissive of Victor today and Victor pretty much tolerated it. Why did Victor let Nick run NE? Did Nick blackmail him or something?

Ugh, smarmy criminal Kevin. Such a punchable face. 😒 (BTW, had Kevin tried to kill Colleen yet?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I enjoyed this classic episode more than any I've seen so far, by which I mean I hardly ff'd anything at all.

This was a good episode showing why I just can't with Kevin, even after all these years.  Rehabilitating a character who tried to kill Colleen was a thousand steps too far and that's not including the general sordid creepiness of Kevin at this time.

But, I suspect that anyone who has only seen Kevin as he currently is would have a hard time believing this odious creep is the same guy.  I think Greg Rikaart gets a lot of credit for making that transition as acceptable as it has been.  Writing alone couldn't have done it, GR has a lot to do with that.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of earnest, loveable goofy Kevin and in fact he grates on me.  But he's done a good job of turning that beady-eyed little creep into a character people can root for and enjoy.

There certainly isn't any difference between, say, the old Phyllis and the windmill-armed, smirking, sutterbarking ass she currently is, and Nick is still the guy who you just know has velcro instead of zippers and rarely gets his shoes on the correct feet at the first try.  The only discernible growth on those two is mold.

Nikki pissed me off today, making me feel even a tiny twinge of sympathy for Sharon, being harangued about Cassie by the mother-in-law from hell.  I prefer Nikki with a snoot-full over Nikki just being snooty.  

Jack, you don't ever need to cook dinner for Phyllis.  Nothing hits the spot for her like road kill, especially if she's run it down herself.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Wow, I guess Lily really always was an insipid jizz mop.

Okay, I just guffawed at the screen here, peaches!

That's going to stick.

But ya know, they paired her with the unspeakably adorable Michael Graziadei, and that just seemed so very wrong. *Wardrobe note: you'll see today, he could even rock a Nehru jacket.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Okay, I just guffawed at the screen here, peaches!

That's going to stick.

But ya know, they paired her with the unspeakably adorable Michael Graziadei, and that just seemed so very wrong. *Wardrobe note: you'll see today, he could even rock a Nehru jacket.

I really wish he would come back. I just checked his IMBD page and he hasn't been in a feature film since 2013 and all his tv appearances have been guest starring roles. I loved Daniel and it would make Phyllis look even more like an old granny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Malibu. Crossover with B&B? No?

River. Of course. I've watched enough B&B to know that Malibu is ground zero for goofy soap names. Also, I wonder why they had Michael Gross speaking in that oddly affected way?

How does Kevin the unsmooth criminal deserve not only a destination wedding but one in one of the wealthiest places in the country? GTFOHWTBS.

Who gave Chloe that ridiculous ring? This must've been in the Princess Diana wedding era.

Oh, it was Cane. Of course. All roads of fcukery lead back to him.

Heh, like I also said before also:

On 6/17/2020 at 3:05 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

The Winters family. Where cousins might also be also siblings. 😉

Lol, Cane just blew by Jill without even speaking. Rude. I thought she considered him her son? Whatever, that was an amazing statement necklace she had on. She could probably have opened gigantic beer bottles with that thing.

What a weird wedding. Half the guests dressed in that faux Indian garb and half not. I guess Y&R didn't want to commit to co-opting another country's culture for lame entertainment purposes. And I'm not sure what Lauren called herself wearing. Maybe she was going to a pool party at Eric Forrester's later and didn't want to have to change first. 🙄

Not sure why Chloe was trying to shotgun wedding herself a fake Chancellor when her baby's daddy was an Abbott. Six of one...

Okay, River was putting on the accent. Thank goodness, because it was awful IMO.

Why was Amber at the wedding? She was like a third wheel with bad tread.

I don't get how Daniel and Kevin became such good friends. Didn't Daniel know what Kevin did to Lily? And I guess since Colleen was with Daniel, she and Lily didn't honor girl code about dating your bestie's ex.

Speaking of Colleen, was this before or after Kevin tried to kill her? Oy, I can't with these characters' convoluted histories with each other. Or with all Kevin's sins crimes being magically washed away like bugs on a car's windshield.

Wait, so Cane had that house before he married Lily? Ew, I'm surprised she agreed to move in there after it had been infested with Chloe cooties.

That bedroom Kevin and Jana were in looked like the Arabian Nights set Sharon and Nick were in a few days ago.

insipid jizz mop

Wasn't that the B-side song to Madonna's Like a Virgin? 🤔

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 4

Have you guys seen the episode where Kevin is intentionally trying to burn Colleen to death via torching Gina's?  Somehow I remembered that as him not realizing she was in the building, but he absolutely did and wanted her to fry.

That's why John was horrified to find out he was his stepson. How he ever got past that...

BTW, I saw that ep on On Demand, and I cannot tell which ones actually aired already.

• Love 6