Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Victor should have demoted Victoria. She put Nick on leave so Nate can be under her 24/7. Victor knows this. It’s disgusting that he is entertaining the side part. 
LMAO at the thought of Summer finding out Kyle has been with Audra. She’ll get a taste of her own medicine when Kyle was Lola’s husband and she was throwing herself at him. Although to be honest this Summer doesn’t get on my nerves the way she did when HK portrayed her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can’t believe Victor is still up. Nikki must be giving the ranch staff a hell of a tongue lashing for leaving the lid off his sarcophagus this late at night.

it’s amazing how Ashley and Victoria are in the same story involving men who could potentially ruin their professional lives by using them yet their reaction to it is so wildly different: Ashley is too stupid to care/notice and while Victoria is also stupid, she seems almost aware of what could happen but doesn’t care. 

I’m so happy Audra finally bagged one of the GCAC’s wealthy barflies. She must be exhausted. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
On 6/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, Js Nana said:

Trevor St John has turned out to be such a treasure for Y&R - did anyone else notice in yesterday's show, when Tucker orders a bottle of champagne for him and Ashley, how, rather than just shouting out for a bottle of their best, TSJ actually made eye contact with the day actor playing the bar tender and played it as an interaction between the two of them, thereby including the actor as a true character in that scene?

This is really perceptive! ( I adore this actor and he’s the only reason I may reconsider dumping the show entirely.) 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

to be honest this Summer doesn’t get on my nerves the way she did when HK portrayed her. 

At least HK would have played a Summer who had some maturity and grit to her, not the delicate flower that AL does - I could believe HK as the head of a major international fashion line, while AL comes across like she got the job by sleeping with the boss.

• Love 3
On 6/26/2023 at 7:20 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

We already know they're going to end up upstairs in bed together.

. . . and so they did, at the end of Wed. show, and I have to say that I'm guessing I'm going to find the F-sessions between Kyle and Audra to be just as two-actors-just-going-through-the-motions tedious as I do the ones between Natey-poo and Victoria - - one thing to remember is that while one day in real life is 24-hours long, one day in Soapland can be stretched out over 8, or 9, or 10 episodes, so that the Soapland day of the Fri. 6/23 episode continued on into the episodes of Mon. 6/26, Tue. 6/27 and Wed. 6/28.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, adore said:

I adore this actor

One thing about TSJ's approach to his character is that it shines a light on the carved-in-stone approach the veteran cast have for theirs - EB is always going to play Victor the same exact way, MTS is always going to play Nicki the same exact way, PB is always going to play Jack the same exact way, etc., etc., etc.   I'm guessing that the subtlety that informs TSJ's portrayal of Tucker also informs his jazz drumming, and just as he pays attention to the playing of the other members of his musical ensemble, he also pays attention to the characters played by the other members of his acting ensemble, including the day actor playing a bartender who has no lines of dialogue.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Nikki must be giving the ranch staff a hell of a tongue lashing for leaving the lid off his sarcophagus this late at night.

Well, as long as he's all tucked in and the lids firmly in place by sunrise, she can't have too much to bitch about.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 8
2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

At least HK would have played a Summer who had some maturity and grit to her, not the delicate flower that AL does - I could believe HK as the head of a major international fashion line, while AL comes across like she got the job by sleeping with the boss.

I can definitely see HK’s Summer running a high powered lemonade stand, managing a Claire’s in the mall or possessing the grit to lead a gang of pre-schoolers in a revolt to replace their juice boxes with Capri Sun. Her persuasion skills might be limited to forcing teachers to respect the pouch (RESPECT IT!), but all actors have their limitations.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 20
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whatever, Ashley. I hope this big scheme you're getting ready to hatch is the one where Tucker takes over everything and laughs at you for thinking you had him under your thumb.

And then teams up with Adam who has overtaken NE/NM and they sit around Society or GCAC bar (in suits, cause I love my men in suits) and make snarky remarks about everybody who wanders in.  And Chances dances naked in the background...

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

And then teams up with Adam who has overtaken NE/NM and they sit around Society or GCAC bar (in suits, cause I love my men in suits) and make snarky remarks about everybody who wanders in.  And Chances dances naked in the background...

Sounds dreamy.

And Chances dances naked in the background...

That part.

I’m so happy Audra finally bagged one of the GCAC’s wealthy barflies. She must be exhausted. 

Hee. I'm just hoping it ends there because I've seen a horrid spumor that she's gonna go Fatal Attraction on Kyle. IMO, A) Kyle's not worth all that. B) Audra is not the kind of woman who'd catch feelings for a bouffant boy, at least not as she's been written so far.

• Like 12
  • Love 4

I am so disappointed in Michael and Lauren! How can they defend that despicable piece of crap blue toothed twat who was going to let a woman rot in prison because she’s a petty jealous piece of insecure trash?  They should tell her to stay on the run and leave GC for good.

Summer shut up! Phyllis was NOT Starks victim. SHE brought him to town and SHE killed him. He was HER victim. Finally, it sounds like Nick sees her for who she is. Hopefully he passes the word to his penis.

Finally a good story. I think Kyle and Audra is just what we need.

15 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Why is Show pairing up a WOMAN (Audra) with BOYS (Kyle and Noah)?!

To be fair it’s slim pickings among the so called men. There’s Adam and Chance sure and they both deserve a real love story. Other than that there’s Nate, Nick, and Billy. Nobody wants to see that. 

LOL, talk about a walk of shame. “Hey mom and dad. I love showering at hotels. It’s a great way to clear your head, no pun intended. Wink wink”

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Things that make my image.png.a29fbc92c8e144b07b6f870df86bb2ad.png

1. Everyone giving sympathy to Nick because Ava died.

A. It wasn't his child

B. Its not as if he and Sally are married or even engaged

C. That is his brothers child that he was invading in utero

2.  Michael and Lauren being sympathetic to Phyllis

3.  Chancesome handing over the mansion to Darvon   and Whabby .

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Lol, Lauren is determined to stick with her aging suburban hoochie mama look. Maybe she figures if she's got it she might as well keep flaunting it. 😼

Kyle told Summer to GTFO so why was she still moping around the Abbott manse?

Now they're using Lauren and Michael to generate sympathy for Phyllis. FAIL. And seriously, Lauren? All roads do not lead back to Diane. Gah.

Audra is a hit 'em and quit 'em kinda girl. Whee! You don't have to go home, Kyle, but you have to leave Audra's room. Right after she makes you shower her perfume and other odors and substances off your body.

Boo hoo, Summer. You knew all along you were doing wrong by helping your mommy cover up her crimes. Stop acting like Kyle has to forgive you because your hindsight is 20/20.

Is Audra that short or is Kyle that tall? He was towering over her when they kissed goodbye. She must usually wear like 4" heels.

Rehabilitate Phyllis. Please. I don't think a prefrontal lobotomy could fix that maniac. Surely this isn't the start of an effort by the show to change the outlaw kind of character Phyllis always been. 🙄🙄🙄

Nick said Phyllis is a cyclone. Nah, Nicholas, the word you wanted was psycho.

Apparently Jack didn't realize Kyle was following Audra upstairs. Hmm.

Like mommy, like dotter. Summer will use anyone she can to clean up her mess. Of course she now wants to sic her daddy on her hubby. Of course.

Aw dang, guess boinking Audra didn't clear the scoreboard for Kyle. He was still ice cold to Summer went he got home. I can't wait until she finds out where/who he was coming back from.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Wow, so many grudges against so many fictional characters.

It's a soap opera, not Shakespeare. The whole genre has been based for decades on viewers watching and liking some characters, disliking others, holding grudges, and hate watching, etc. Soap Opera 101.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Wow, so many grudges against so many fictional characters.

Nah, just against whomever is writing this hateful misogynistic drek and causing viewers to either hate-watch or change the channel. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Soap operas are supposed to make the audience feel something, otherwise, what are we even doing here?

41 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Nah, just against whomever is writing this hateful misogynistic drek and causing viewers to either hate-watch or change the channel. 

I’m not too proud to admit that I’ve loathed that turd Nicholas through multiple writers. Still, fuck JG. He’s magically made most of the characters unlikeable at various times. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I do admit that I have a grudge that I am not proud of…against MS. Yes, there have always been soap opera characters/villains that viewers love to hate. My issue is not really “Phyllis” when portrayed by a good actress - it should be a fun/tragic character. My distaste is the way MS has made the role hers and I simply cannot watch her. At all. Ever. Anymore. 🤡

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I do admit that I have a grudge that I am not proud of…against MS. Yes, there have always been soap opera characters/villains that viewers love to hate. My issue is not really “Phyllis” when portrayed by a good actress - it should be a fun/tragic character. My distaste is the way MS has made the role hers and I simply cannot watch her. At all. Ever. Anymore. 🤡

MS as Phyllis was a character I liked to hate way back in the day. Now I just hate her. I preferred Gina Ts portrayal and didn’t understand why they couldn’t wait to bring MS back. I haven’t liked a single story with her since her return. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Soap Opera 101.

Back in the day when soap operas ruled daytime and home computers had yet to be invented, I would have to take a mental health break from watching one, or more, of my favorite shows because I realized I was angry - I mean really shouting at the TV screen angry - with the characters for not behaving rationally.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Going from Tucker McCall to Kyle ...... it's just not right.

Yeah, I think Kyle is like a convenience store snack cake while Tucker is a full course meal. Plus, it didn't appear that Kyle is a very generous lover and we know Tucker is. Or at least Audra knows. 😏

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Back in the day when soap operas ruled daytime and home computers had yet to be invented, I would have to take a mental health break from watching one, or more, of my favorite shows because I realized I was angry - I mean really shouting at the TV screen angry - with the characters for not behaving rationally.

I started watching soaps in 1955, at age 5. "Love of Life" & "Guiding Light."  Made a pilgrimage for a "meet  and greet"  of Katherine Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper) @ the New Orleans World Fair in 1984. Never walked away from a soap because of angry feelings about a character, but my sense of anger now (which has caused me to opt out from viewing quite a bit lately) is at writer JG's giving us poorly written plots, and his terrible scripting of people involved in them 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Love 6

Nothing like discussing a criminal conspiracy in public. One would think Michael would be more careful, especially with Summer in the mix.

Sharon still getting panicky when there's a knock on the cottage door. Geez, get a Ring camera, or at least a peephole.

Nick told Sharon he has nothing to do since Victoria put him on a time out from NE. Doesn't he still own a public housing charity called New Hope with Devon?

Yesterday Phyllis was called a cyclone. Today she was deemed a firestorm. That covers wind and fire so I guess next someone will compare her to an earthquake. 🎶Boogie Wonderland!🎶

Phew, for a minute Kyle thought Jack knew about his GCAC tryst with Audra. Tee hee.

AFAIC, as soon as Sharon read the words "Cameron Kirsten" she should've called Victor's quite top tier security team to come take that box away and blow it up. OMG, the Cam nightmare is unending.

The GCAC already has their red, white, & blue decorations up. Cool. 🇺🇲

Whee, Audra chose messiness today!

Summer: is there something that you want, Audra? You're interrupting my breakfast meeting with Michael.
Audra: oh honey, I've already gotten what I wanted. And I sent it back to you with an empty tank.
Summer: empty tank? What are you even talking about?
Audra: hmm, I dunno, maybe you could ask Kyle. Byeeee!

Why would Sharon want to go through the mementos belonging to the guy she just shivved to death? Macabre much?

Mariah, no! Don't be out here defending Summer to Kyle. Hush, woman. 🤬

Marchetti is the least of your worries, Summer. Besides, as CEO, Kyle could kick you out like yesterday's garbage. But what the what, Jack said KYLE would need to leave the company? Oy, TMW you're stabbed in the back by your own daddy.

Audra, girrrrrrl, what kind of game are you playing with Summer and Kyle? 🤔🤔🤔

Re the previews: Audra's getting warned by TGVN, Summer's grandpa (and technically Audra's boss). Ruh roh. I hope she has a failsafe in place.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Goodness me, I’m so delighted that Nick has nobly returned to his job as Sally’s self-appointed social secretary. Does Cameron’s company make whoopie cushions or truck nutz? If so, Sharon has definitely found someone to unload it on.

Speaking of loads, I wonder if Jack had hip waders on under his pants with the way he was shoveling bullshit at Summer. Creative force behind Marchetti? Summer is only creative when it comes to creating fantasies about who her mother is and what she’s done.

Kyle is 1000% right to cut ties with the toxic Summers women. Why the people who ostensibly care for him want that horrible hot mess in his life, I do not get. Let his bouffant roam free, Jack and Mariah.

Didn’t interesting things used to happen on Fridays?

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

the Cam nightmare is unending.

How much you wanna bet that Cameron Kirsten has an identical twin brother who's going to show up in GC?

• Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 8

OMG, the Cam nightmare is unending.

So how does a guy in prison for however have a viable company going?  He wasn't in there for white collar crime.  Maybe he ran a carne presario dog fighting ring?  Whatever.  I see this lame plot developing into Sharon turning over the company to Nick, now that he has nothing to do....and it becoming a rival for Adam and Nate.  whoohoo.  i'm excited...

16 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Summer. Creative force behind Marchetti?

gods help us....She's been wearing autumn colors through spring (irony: Summer) and today's blouse (?) looked like a pajama top from a sleepover at the Kardashians'.  (lose the black lace...)  Just what is it she creates besides lies?

• Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, boes said:

Audra and Kyle, together in the light of day, seem even more incongruous.  She seems more like she should be buying him an ice cream cone and taking him to the zoo than giving him the bedroom eyes.

It's a good thing that Kyle is Jack Abbott's son, otherwise, no on would hire him for anything higher than assistant VP of paper clip procurement.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I might be in the minority but I think Kyle and Audra are sexy together. Much better than when the focus is on his bouffant I think Audra has helped put some pep in Kyles step. He hasn’t looked this happy since his Lola days.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

ummer: is there something that you want, Audra? You're interrupting my breakfast meeting with Michael.
Audra: oh honey, I've already gotten what I wanted. And I sent it back to you with an empty tank.
Summer: empty tank? What are you even talking about?
Audra: hmm, I dunno, maybe you could ask Kyle. Byeeee!

/Dead/

• LOL 8

Wow, so Kid Pompadour is really angry, it's like he's hate-fucking Audra, who, when paired with him, comes across as a camp counselor boffing a camper. She is way too worldly to be with a dolt like Kyle, but Audra's playing the long game, and if she can hitch her wagon to the Abbott Family wallet, I'm sure she'll stick with it. In fact, I'm sure that's where this is headed because she's now on the opening credits so I assume she's got a long con story OR she gives really mind blowing BJs to JG. Either way, we're going to be seeing her for a while so I assume she'll get hitched with Kyle and start unlocking the magical Abbott Family ATM.

As much as I hated old Dummer's portrayal, and as much as I like this one so much better, right now I hate The Big Red Horseface and her daughter. They are both totally toxic. Bye girls! I don't understand all the fawning over both by Michael and his drag queen wife. Speaking of which, whomever dresses Lauren seems obsessed with putting her in bronze dresses. And that hideous, cheap piece of shiny crap that Diane was wearing seems to be the same crap she's wearing on the opening credits. The hair, makeup, and costume people should be fired. Oh wait, they probably already were and it's JG who is doing all the things now.

• Fire 3
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

but Audra's playing the long game, and if she can hitch her wagon to the Abbott Family wallet, I'm sure she'll stick with it. In fact, I'm sure that's where this is headed because she's now on the opening credits so I assume she's got a long con story

"Kid Pompadour"!  Surfgirl, we have a winner!!

Prediction, not a spoiler, but I bet this is how Phyllis earns her wings and Diane and she cement a truce.  Big, Bad Audra takes over Kyle's heart and tiny mind, thereby sending Dummer into a spiral, hitting bottom when she can no long pull back her pout or uncross her arms.  The Wicked Witch of  Genoa City and Diane the Good Witch join forces to reuinite the Doublemint Twins until Audra is dispatched with a bucket of water and her remains turned into face cream by the flying monkey and the Winkies.

The shit storm will fly Cuz their lurve is forever.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, surfgirl said:

As much as I hated old Dummer's portrayal, and as much as I like this one so much better,

My sentiments are exactly the opposite - I much preferred HKs Summer to ALs, cause I can see HKs Summer actually running a company.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:02 PM, boes said:

I take it all your pots and kettles are black?

Actually, most of them are stainless steel clad.

• Like 1

Diane the Good Witch

Ehhhhh, I wouldn't go that far. How about Diane the Somewhat Problematic Witch? 🤡

that hideous, cheap piece of shiny crap that Diane was wearing seems to be the same crap she's wearing on the opening credits

Yes, it bothered me too and I spent too much time researching those dresses. Turns out they're similar cold-shoulder looks but not the same dress. The fabric is a bit different between them too.

He hasn’t looked this happy since his Lola days.

And I'm sorta giving him side-eye because Audra is the second Latina Kyle has cheated on Summer with. Is he developing a fetish? I don't care to see women of color objectified by guys like Kyle.

If Dummer is the face of Marchetti, then that must make Phyllis the pin-up girl for Waste Management.

Hee! I've long considered Summer one of the worst-dressed women on this show, right next to her aunt Victoria. I sure hope the stuff Summer wears isn't representative of the Marchetti label. AFAIC it's not couture and it's not avant-garde, it's just crap. Meanwhile, though I think Phyllis' clothes tend to be repetitive with the bodycon, bare shoulders, and high slits up her legs, her outfits do generally look good on her. Summer must've inherited the Newman gene for style. 😼

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

don't care to see women of color objectified by guys like Kyle.

I'm not sure he objectified Lola. Didn't she rip him a new one whenever he tried to pull that bullshit on her?

• Like 11

I'm not sure he objectified Lola. Didn't she rip him a new one whenever he tried to pull that bullshit on her?

Okay, perhaps "objectified" wasn't the word I wanted to use.

Ordinarily I'd say it takes three occurrences to indicate a pattern so Kyle isn't quite there yet. However, I think it's possible he's developing an issue with the kind of women he decides to cheat with. We'll see if he's going to try to proceed with Audra the same way he did with Lola. 😉

• Like 4

Did Audra check into Danny Romalotti's old room and find that white bedazzled jacket she was sporting with Kyle in the park today? Or was she going for a "dead Elvis" vibe? If Sharon wants to make good use of Cameron's bequest, she should consider hiring 2-3 licensed and effective therapists to work at Crimson Lights! None of her former customers seem to have thrived under her reign, and Cameron himself did tell her she could do better things with her life, right before she killed him.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11

Me to Mr. MsMalin: Nikki is wearing the wrong color bra. It should be either red or nude.

Mr.MsMalin: they can't afford a set. How do you think they can afford a bra? 😄

Ummm Sharon, don't you have a fireplace to burn things in? And I think its time to replace the batteries in your smoke detector.

Audra, did you glue those big ass rhinestones on your blazer or did you use a bedazzler? God that looks cheap!

Looks to me like Nick is in love...and not with Sally  It will be fun to watch him wiggle out of his " relationship" with Sally. Should take about 6 months or on the Eve of their wedding,whichever comes first because you know that Caveman is going to propose soon..

Kyle to florist: I'd like to order some flowers. Something big and floppy to match her coochie.  Oh, and include some big ass  cheap rhinestone earrings.

Oh Nikki,honey, maybe you don't need a bra at all with that 12" belt hoisting up your knockers.

Sharon, there's a game for what you are looking for to boost your confidence. Its called Princess Lucy and its available on Amazon for $12.99.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
27 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

I miss the days when for July 4th, we'd have an Abbott Mansion pool party

Your prayers are answered, surfgirl, because tomorrow's episode is a re-run of a John Abbott hosted 4th of July celebration from 1992.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2