Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Mariah came off like a real asshole today regarding her conversation with Kyle about Summer. She acts like the morality police even though she came to town and terrorized the crap out of Sharon. Sharon forgave her and made a relationship with her. Saint Mariah has always been jealous of Summer and been shitty to her when it wasn’t necessary. In this case, Summer is wrong for sure, but the idiot thinks she protecting her mother. 
Phyllis needs to woman up and turn herself in. Instead she puts her beloved dotter at risk. Why should we believe Stark tried to hurt her? Other than framing Diane for murder, he didn’t seem like that bad a guy. Plus everyone was screwing with him. He looked like a good time if you ask me. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Mariah came off like a real asshole today

Back before she discovered her true sexuality, Maria had the hots for Summer's first husband, Austin Travers, to the point of kissing him, but he did not return her interest.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why should we believe Stark tried to hurt her?

Look up Y&R S50 Ep137 on Paramount+ and you will find that at 28 minutes and 20 seconds into the episode, Stark, after telling Phyllis he'll put her into a shallow grave, grabs a pair of scissors off a table in the motel room and chases her into the bathroom - the reruns on Paramount+ are commercial free, so they only last 36 minutes and 28 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

1. Where has Phyllis gone - is she on her way to turn herself in to the GCPD, or is she on the lam from the law, as Summer wanted.

2. So Diane suggested to Jack that he give her a nice, fat promotion to thwart Ashley's campaign to take over Jabot, and Tucker got Ashley to agree to marry him - just wondering if it could be possible that Diane and Tucker could be in cahoots on some kind of "long con"  - who got Talia Morgan's expose on Diane killed and who texted Diane the following message: “Future articles killed. You owe me.", could it have been Tucker?  What had Diane "Taylor Jensen" Jenkins got up to in LA, and how did she support herself - are there more LA stories in DJ's past?

2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

he did not return her interest.

But his wife's Aunt Abby was a different story.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Look up Y&R S50 Ep137 on Paramount+ and you will find that at 28 minutes and 20 seconds into the episode, Stark, after telling Phyllis he'll put her into a shallow grave, grabs a pair of scissors off a table in the motel room and chases her into the bathroom - the reruns on Paramount+ are commercial free, so they only last 36 minutes and 28 seconds.

Who cares?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Who cares?

Sorry, Gam, but Chatty Cake asked why we should believe that Stark wanted to hurt Phyllis, so I directed them to the episode where he picks up a pair of scissors and chases her into the bathroom.

• Like 1

OMG Julyolo, that was a stellar post.

The show.was.interrupted here for a 15 minute update on the conditions caused by the Canadian fires. I don't know if I'm upset or happy about the interruption.

JHC I can't believe they are already pushing Faith out. Here's an idea: why doesn't everyone just move into the ranch until this problem is resolved? Safety in numbers and all that. Plus Dracula is there to kill off anyone after dark.

It hit me today that Crimson Lights is the new DunkinDonuts. Its where you go to find a cop.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Sharon was doing housework in a satin dress. WTAF. And why does she clean her own house, anyway? She's a wealthy woman so it seems to me she'd have a maid service come in once or twice a week. Show needs to stop pretending like Sharon is middle class.

Heh, Chance is so over Summer caping for Phyllis. Right there with you, Chance. I don't why he continued to listen to her, or why he didn't arrest her. I bet that would pull Red out of hiding.

Ditto comments upthread, Sharon could easily have security cameras all around her house. Then she wouldn't have to go into a croquet mallet-wielding panic every time someone's at the front door.

"The security team here is quite top tier." Even ditzy Sharon couldn't say that convincingly. At this point she's going to need a SEAL team to protect her from big bad Cameron, lol.

Sally, you're kidding yourself. Cameron knew who you were and he's probably been following you. The point was to let Nick know no woman in his life is safe. (Except maybe Nikki. Cam does not want that smoke.)

Eh, Mariah. Maybe talking sh!t to Kyle about Summer wasn't the move to make right now. It may have been what he needed to hear but IMO he wasn't ready yet for that much truth.

KYLE! SUMMER IS NOT HARRISON'S MOTHER! And at this point she's probably a bigger danger to him than Tara ever was. Remember Tara, the woman who actually gave birth to Harrison? FOH, you sap.

The wardrobe people must have bought Chance and Cameron's double-pocketed, long-sleeved work shirts every color. Today Chance got to sport the navy blue. It's hilarious to me.

Um, okay, did Diane just make her first overt move on Jabot? Her suggesting to Jack that he promote her just to one-up Ashley caught him off guard too.

Gee, Chance, guess you better put out an APB on Summer too. Do a mommy/dotter twofer! 🤠

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"The security team here is quite top tier." 

.....when they aren't running around in their underwear.

18 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I bet that would pull Red out of hiding.

I think  that forest fire smoke has done a job on my eyes. I read that line as: I bet that would pull Red out of her riding hood.

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Maybe Stark was as sick of Phyllis' curtain style hairdo as I am, and was planning on giving her a less identifiable "look"  before she took off to start her new identity? Should have brandished some pliers, and a file, to modify her veneers too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9

Now Sharon is the cat on the hot tin roof. If the guards on the security team are worth their salt, they wouldn’t let some unknown person knock on Sharon’s door.

Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ keeps insisting that Taz🌪️ was just defending herself warrants no jail time is about to earn another ❄️. Hey Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ you keep forgetting about aiding and abetting in faking her own death coerced or not is still a crime.  Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ what can Chance do until Taz🌪️ turns herself in. Like Chance said, anything but Taz🌪️ own words are just hearsay. Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ conveniently leaves out why Christine has a bone to pick with Taz🌪️. Chance job is to bring charges. Christine job is to prosecute the charges. Wouldn’t you think that a city would have an ADA that could try Taz🌪️ instead of the DA. Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is also forgetting about a jury of her peers is needed to put Taz🌪️ behind bars. 

Banana Breath is a big dumb ass schmuck. Wasn’t he supposed to keep Sally calm but he’s doing everything but in Banana Breath style.  Banana Breath is not happy unless he’s making someone else unhappy. 

You got to love Mariah. She’s a real good friend and sometimes you do have to speak the truth at the chance of loosing that friendship. I wish, at times, my good friends would have told me about things that were going on behind my back. 

Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ took Kyle’s balls but luckily Mariah, as a good friend, held on to a duplicate set of Kyle’s balls and gave them to Kyle so he could put them back in place.  How obvious was it that when Chance and Kyle got to the room, Taz🌪️ was not there but is she on her way to turning herself in?  

Once again I have to say that Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is not Harrison’s mother and Tara is treated like she never existed.  Please please bring Tara back if nothing else to put Sommer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ in her place.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

who got Talia Morgan's expose on Diane killed and who texted Diane the following message: “Future articles killed. You owe me.", could it have been Tucker? 

It was Tucker.  That was made quite clear shortly after it happened.  Multiple conversations between him and Diane about how he blackmailed her to keep tabs on Ashley.  That was his price for helping her get her old life back.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4

I just love watching Sally huddled under her blanket of despair like an emo Jedi. It’s amazing that Nick hasn’t asked her to force choke his chicken for him. What a positively electric relationship, with all the flat conversation and the big brother vibe Nick radiates. Meanwhile, Adam walks into Sally’s room and I get the feeling they’re about to do it, despite the dull chat about blood pressure cuffs. Both Nick and Adam can miss me, though, with all that macho, paternalistic bullshit about watching out for Sally.

Diane certainly has an odd way of climbing the corporate ladder. Working the sibling spite angle and being engaged to the CEO is not the most credible path to success. There is quite enough nepotism on this show. I suppose Diane actually comes across as capable, unlike Nick and Summer. Still, I’d be afraid to feed Ashley’s paranoia considering how far around the bend she’s gone.

Mariah wasn’t any harsher than Lily when dropping truth bombs about what a disaster Phyllis and Summer are. Fortunately Kyle had his razor sharp nipples of integrity tuned to her station. It was so shocking that mother and daughter weren’t in the room when Chance came in! Said no one. Ever.

Speaking of Chance, it seemed like he gave Summer some serious side eye when she was waxing delusional about her mother’s situation and started ranting about their “enemies.” How he didn’t piss himself laughing when Summer said her mother wasn’t a criminal is one of the great mysteries of our time. Just don’t ask the GCPD or Victor’s quite top tier security team to solve it.

Three meaningful conversations happened during commercial breaks. Nick explaining Cameron to Sally, Kyle telling Mariah that Phyllis was alive and Summer was aiding and abetting, and finally Nick telling Adam that Kirsten was back in town. I didn’t need to hear those conversations personally and it certainly saves time, but that trick got a lot of use this episode. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1

Summer busting up in there asking how to cancel an APB like she was trying to cancel Netflix sent me. Summer truly became her mother’s daughter in that scene ranting about how Christine has a vendetta against Phylis like yeah, when you try to turn someone into human asphalt they tend to dislike you. 

And again, the fact that these billionaires don’t have any security beyond rent a cops is just so ridiculous, and not even soap opera ridiculous, like it’s real world ridiculous. They really expect us to believe these massive estates don’t have cameras, alarms, guarded gates?

I enjoyed the “Oh hell here we go” look on Jack’s face when Diane suggested a promotion. I mean yeah she probably has the experience to do more than the My executive play set Ken and Barbies running around but she should read the room. Ashley is practically foaming at the mouth and gnawing on rawhide at the mere mention of her name. I’d calm down for now. 

I think Kyle needed to hear what Mariah said.m because it was true. If Daniel hadn’t spilled the beans Summer would have went right on letting people believe her mom was dead. 

The Adam/Sally/Nick stuff just gives me the skeeves. It’s like Sally isn’t a person outside of a Newman incubator. Just stick her in that room and give her treats. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I don't why he continued to listen to her, or why he didn't arrest her. I bet that would pull Red out of hiding.

I don't know why he didn't FOLLOW HER or at least have one of the GCPD's minions follow her.  It's pretty clear to everyone that she knows where the b**ch is and has been in contact with her.

I hope that Dummer takes Mommyweirdest home to the Abbott mansion. That would be a real comedy-cue the slamming doors and chases down the hall.  Or better yet, put her in the pool house.  Then Diane can get a Bic and recreate the past.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

Does Allison Lanier know how to act without crossing her arms? When Summer is sad she crosses her arms. When Summer is mad she crosses her arms. When Summer is glad she crosses her arms. Someone give this girl some physical acting lessons please. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, boes said:

It was Tucker.

Thanks, boes - so could that mean that he and Diane are in cahoots? - or could it mean that Diane is coercing him into supporting her schemes with the threat of telling Ashley about how he killed Talia Morgan's expose on Diane? - will any of this come to light? - stay tuned for the ongoing saga of the lives of The Young and the Restless.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

They really expect us to believe these massive estates don’t have cameras, alarms, guarded gates?

Drones providing live coverage flying over the estate 24/7 

• LOL 6
21 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Back before she discovered her true sexuality, Maria had the hots for Summer's first husband, Austin Travers, to the point of kissing him, but he did not return her interest.

Forgot all about that, thanks!

20 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I remember. I don’t think he meant any harm. He was just blowing off some steam. Dealing with looney Phyllis probably got to him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, LadyWave said:

Does Allison Lanier know how to act

She tries, but, like Michael Mealor, her acting skills are those of a high school senior in an AP drama program - they, like many other members of the cast, are in that special category of actor known as "soap opera actors"

• Like 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

He was just blowing off some steam.

I gotta disagree, CC - I'm certain that JS was someone who had a history of removing more than one obstacle, human or otherwise, to his plans, and offing Phyllis, who everyone believed was dead anyway, would have just been one more case of eliminating an obstacle. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I think Kyle needed to hear what Mariah

Mariah wasn't always the saccharine sweet character she is now, and she has a past history, before she discovered her true sexuality, of having been jealous to the point of madness over Summer's marriage to Austin Travers, a man who had rebuffed her intimate advances.  Some contributors to soap sites back in that day wondered if Mariah didn't actually have a crush on Summer and was trying to seduce Summer's husband to break up their marriage so she could have Summer to herself - if only she'd known that Austin was having it on with Summer's Aunt Abby, she could have outed them to Summer and been the welcoming shoulder for her to cry on.

35 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

the lives of The Young and the Restless.

Except most of them ain't so young any more.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Today I realized it’s not just Nikki’s hair, every blonde on the show looks like a wet dog right now. Step away from the krimper.

Ashley’s a complete fucking idiot. I’m worried Jack will put Diane in senior leadership and she’ll try to take over the company, so I’m putting someone who’s tried to take over the company in senior leadership? Please go wash your hair and deep condition.

Kyle’s really going nuclear. I feel like Chance would get fired for not arresting Summer, though I do appreciate how tired he is of all these morons. I can’t believe there’s no surveillance footage of Cameron leaving the hotel after Nick left perfectly fine, but who cares, lock Nick up, whatever.

Looks like a miscarriage is on tap for next week. There’s probably a think piece to be written about why the audience cares a lot more about Faith’s cat than they do about Sally’s baby. No judgement, just interesting that no one’s going to be upset about Sally’s dead baby, myself included.

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Are all the hairstyle people on strike with the writers? Or was today’s rule that all the blonds had to have wavy hair? 
boy, show is really setting up Ashley to be right about diane. The question for me is this a plot between Diane and Tucker or are they just working individually? I really like Tucker and don’t want him going after Jabot and hurting ashley again.

Haha Rye! Cross posting about the hair

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Rye, why would there be cameras at the hotel.  I mean victor’s amazing security didn’t set up cameras outside and inside Sharon’s place even though everyone knew Cameron was around. Apparently security cameras are not a thing in Genoa City.  Geeze, Sharon get a ring camera set up. I bet one of the kids could set it up for you

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I think that when these nefarious characters the Newman security team can't keep track of are written into the show, it's because the producers want to heighten the fear factor by presenting characters that are so supernaturally diabolical that even supremely skilled security can't stop them.  Unfortunately for the producers, we, the viewers, are not that naive, and we can only laugh when some scary situation arises in a storyline that's going to be taken care of by Newman security, because we know that means that homes under 24/7 surveillance are going to be snuck into, people under 24/7 surveillance are going to be kidnapped, and poisoned cats are going to be left on doorsteps that were under 24/7 surveillance.  Actual heads of multi-billion-dollar international corporations, and their families, have trained commandos, meaning operatives who independently identify and locate any threat and make it "disappear" without so much as a single hair being left behind, as their security team, while the Newmans seem to have nothing more than armed security guards who show up for their shifts and then go home.

14 minutes ago, Rileyjo said:

Geeze, Sharon get a ring camera set up. I bet one of the kids could set it up for you

There are how-to videos on youtube.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Rileyjo said:

Are all the hairstyle people on strike with the writers?

Maybe after firing all the writers, the show decided to save more money by telling the actors that they had to do their own hair and make-up.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 7

It’s a shame that handsomeness doesn’t solve or prevent crimes. Chance would be a top cop instead of the inept detective he’s written to be. Sure, Nick is a big, dumb ape, but framing people for crimes is apparently the favorite pastime of Genoa City residents and it’s kind of weird for Cameron to be walking around with a bloody face. If Chance was allowed to have any cop instincts, the whole convenient set up might not sit right with him.

Suddenly it’s quite obvious that Tucker and Diane are both up to something with Jabot. Not interested. I just love the joy Tucker takes in the drama unfolding around him and I’d be sad to have him become a hated pariah again.

Diane is right that Summer is a victim of a deranged narcissistic mother, but Summer is also now an adult who is planning, of her own volition, a very stupid crime. Daniel needs to run as far and as fast as he can away from her while she’s behaving like this. The best thing he could do is nudge his sister into therapy. Diane is welcome to forgive Summer, but Kyle has to decide for himself how much of her shit he wants to eat.

I’m not the fashion police, typically, but Abby’s one sleeve dress was weirding me out.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I just love the joy Tucker takes in the drama unfolding around him

It's like all he's missing is a bag of popcorn to munch on while he's watching them all be their own worst enemies.

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
6 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Diane is welcome to forgive Summer

Diane's forgiving Summer is part of her strategy to keep the focus on Phyllis' evilness while she steals Jabot from under Jack's nose.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

Some contributors to soap sites back in that day wondered if Mariah didn't actually have a crush on Summer and was trying to seduce Summer's husband to break up their marriage so she could have Summer to herself - if only she'd known that Austin was having it on with Summer's Aunt Abby, she could have outed them to Summer and been the welcoming shoulder for her to cry on.

Yup.  I'm pretty sure I know what site those soap "contributors" posted on.  

Besides, we all know Diane was behind it all.

Thanks, boes - so could that mean that he and Diane are in cahoots? - or could it mean that Diane is coercing him into supporting her schemes with the threat of telling Ashley about how he killed Talia Morgan's expose on Diane? - will any of this come to light? - stay tuned for the ongoing saga of the lives of The Young and the Restless.

Yeah, sure.  Especially if Show ignores each and every scene of the two of them in private since Tucker reappeared.  It would totally ignore everything about their interactions, so of course it could happen on this show.

In any case, Diane did it.  And if she didn't, then she will.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 12

Here's a question: Andy Richards, one of Diane's ex-husbands and apparently the real love of her life, except that she dumped him when she thought Jack was going to give her an engagement ring, but he only gave her a bracelet as a parting gift, left Genoa City in 1987 to marry Michelle "Farren Connor" Sanderson, and then returned to GC in 2002 with the news that he and Michelle had divorced.  He hung around for six months, rejoining Paul William's detective agency and starting up with Diane again, but then he left - why did he leave, what's the chance he could return.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
11 minutes ago, boes said:

Especially if Show ignores each and every scene of the two of them in private since Tucker reappeared.  It would totally ignore everything about their interactions, so of course it could happen on this show.

vs

17 hours ago, boes said:

It was Tucker.  That was made quite clear shortly after it happened.  Multiple conversations between him and Diane about how he blackmailed her to keep tabs on Ashley.  That was his price for helping her get her old life back.

?????????

• Useful 1

I think the simplest explanation for Mariah’s deep dislike of Summer is that Summer is a galaxy brained asshole who is also a living reminder that Nick is a cheating, disgusting dog.

Yes, I am aware that Mariah was a shitheel to Sharon and gaslighted her at Victor’s behest. She also made a play for Nick, the thought of which still makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Sorry for the disclaimer, but I want readers to understand that I am fully cognizant of the bs Mariah pulled when she first arrived, none of which makes Summer the slightest bit more likable.

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mariah came to GC in pursuit of her ex-lover and fiance, Tyler Michaelson, who was involved with Abby. She also slept with Kevin and Devon, and attempted to seduce Nick, mostly to get back at Sharon for having abandoned her as a baby. Her kissing Austin and the crush she had on him were relatively small potatoes in the overall scheme of things IMO.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mariah wasn't always the saccharine sweet character she is now, and she has a past history, before she discovered her true sexuality, of having been jealous to the point of madness over Summer's marriage to Austin Travers, a man who had rebuffed her intimate advances.Some contributors to soap sites back in that day wondered if Mariah didn't actually have a crush on Summer and was trying to seduce Summer's husband to break up their marriage so she could have Summer to herself - if only she'd known that Austin was having it on with Summer's Aunt Abby, she could have outed them to Summer and been the welcoming shoulder for her to cry on.

I'd be curious to know what soap sites this speculation was happening on because this is my first time hearing it suggested that Mariah may have been sexually attracted to Summer. Also, I'm not sure many would characterize Mariah as "saccharine sweet." That was her dead twin sister, Cassie, who for several years after her death was practically elevated to sainthood.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Here's a question: Andy Richards, one of Diane's ex-husbands and apparently the real love of her life, except that she dumped him when she thought Jack was going to give her an engagement ring, but he only gave her a bracelet as a parting gift, left Genoa City in 1987 to marry Michelle "Farren Connor" Sanderson, and then returned to GC in 2002 with the news that he and Michelle had divorced.  He hung around for six months, rejoining Paul William's detective agency and starting up with Diane again, but then he left - why did he leave, what's the chance he could return.

There are two other threads in this forum dedicated to discussing historical characters and storylines. Perhaps this question would be happier and most fruitful over in one of them.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyWave said:

Does Allison Lanier know how to act without crossing her arms? When Summer is sad she crosses her arms. When Summer is mad she crosses her arms. When Summer is glad she crosses her arms. Someone give this girl some physical acting lessons please. 

I totally agree. Can someone also give Jack acting lessons as well (regarding his finger tenting/hand steepling). Hilary also had the same affliction.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

It’s as obvious as the nose on Nostrils face that Cameron was going have himself beat up and blame it on Banana Breath to get him out of the way.  Now how is Cameron going to explain how the bruise is on Banana Breath’s right hand when there is damage to both sides of his face?  So Cameron just stood there and let Banana Breath punch him in the face 3 times without protecting himself or punching back?  Because of past history, Chance is buying this 💩. What about Cameron’s past history of violence not once but twice?  

Now that Banana Breath might be out of the way, why wouldn’t he think that Sharon would be left vulnerable?  Victor will defend Banana Breath and have security follow Cameron’s every move. 

I had to laugh. “Chief Talent Officer” is an executive position?  It’s nothing more than a fancy name for the head of HR.  Now if the “Chief Talent Officer” does the hiring of key positions how can HR be interviewing someone for a key position?  It’s common practice for major companies to go to outside head hunters to fill those positions. But Diane is right that the final hiring decision would come from Jack. Is this the power move Ashley is anticipating?  How can it be because it’s just a senior management position with only the power to bring in new talent. What Ashley is doing is more of a power move by hiring Tucker as part of senior management team so there is the possibility, after marriage, of becoming a board member. Jack mentioned nothing about a board seat as did Ashley. 

Tap🌪️ fakes her death to punish Diane and Ashley will marry Tucker to rescue Jack from Diane. The lengths that the these two will go by forgetting all their transgressions in order to serve vengeance on Diane because she is the devil incarnate. 

That’s mighty big of Abby to treat her mom and Tucker, to dinner, at Abby’s restaurant.  It’s not like she is really paying for dinner. I hope Abby leaves the waiter a big tip. 

What is Chance’s malfunction. Is it Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️’s blonde hair and blue eyes. Could she be more blatant about knowing where her mother is and Chance just tells her she could be arrested.  Arrest the bitch Chance and that will get Taz🌪️ to turn herself in.  Yes yes yes Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is definitely Taz🌪️ daughter.  Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ has earned that 6th ❄️ by wanting to pay someone to be an eyewitness to Taz🌪️ killing Stark. Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is too dumb to even think about by having an eye witness, Taz🌪️ could have just call the cops and not have to dump the body in a lake. Dumping Stark is the real problem of proving self defense. 

Ashley you hypocrite. Were you thinking about saving Jabot and Jack’s welfare when you took your patents and ran off to Paris?  

I didn’t like it when Mariah was kidnapped but I’m going to hate it now that Faith is kidnapped. By Faith being kidnapped, it’s another black eye for Victor’s “elite” security team. 

Is there going to be a chemistry test between Audra and Kyle?  I hope not. As I said dump Summer ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ and bring back Tara. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

There are two other threads in this forum dedicated to discussing historical characters and storylines. Perhaps this question would be happier and most fruitful over in one of them.

Thank you, Joimiaroxeu

• Love 1
On 6/8/2023 at 9:17 AM, Kemper said:

Don’t we all. ☺️ Sadly, Chance is starting to lose just a wee bit of appeal - due to how poorly his character is being written. His hair seems smoother, too; the curls more tamed. If his hair gets longer, soon he and Nicki will have the same hairstyle. But he will wear it much better. It is like the writers decided that he was the sexiest guy on the show - so must be made plain. Can’t have a male character  better looking than Nick, Adam, Devon (🤓), Billy, etc.  

He's not lost any appeal to me! Chance is the only reason I still follow any of this soap. Although, I'll admit I don't see him in the big picture due to my method of watching. I collect 10-20 episodes and watch a Chance-a-thon (and maybe a few other scenes that may interest me) in my mass fast-forwarding spree.

But I can certainly can get on board with your conspiracy theory that they are  toning him down in order to not upstage some of their "writer's pet" male characters on the show. There is no other reason that they would put this spectacular looking man in GARBAGE!

Y&R went to lots of trouble to create a set full of dumpsters and GARBAGE to place Chance in. WTH? Meanwhile, many viewers are chomping at the bit to see this handsome man getting out of the shower, grabbing a towel to pat himself dry, so he can answer the phone from a GC resident needing his assistance.

They gave the new town psycho Cameron an open shirt scene in his bathroom right off the bat. It's been years and we have yet to see Chance in the shower. Give us the shower scene, please!!!!!

On 6/8/2023 at 9:24 AM, boes said:

Also, he's a Chancellor.  The only one on screen, the only one in town.  Show has this legacy character from a core family, played by a decent actor who looks great and he's become the cop equivalent of Sharon chained to the coffee house.

What a waste.

But by all means, keep giving us Phyllis, Nick, Victoria, ButtBiscuit centered storylines because I guess that's what Show thinks we want??

A total and complete waste. The Chancellor legacy is a classic long running Bill Bell storyline many of us have followed through the decades. It can practically write itself, but it seems they try to suppress it at every turn.

Is it because they are still trying to gaslight us into believing Devon is a Chancellor? I don't know, but that only works on the newest viewers. Most of us know Devon is not a Chancellor and does not have one drop of Chancellor blood. We have watched decades of a Y&R that included Brock and Mac, and know the difference between Katherine's blood and Chancellor blood. Katherine having descendants isn't something new. I don't think the show cares what we want, they definitely have their own agenda and write what pleases them.

On another note, I just watched a Conner Floyd YouTube interview. 

It's kinda fun, the actor is sweet and seems into playing Chance. You can tell he really cares about the show. I wish the enthusiasm from TPTB at Y&R was mutual.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Is anyone else having trouble with their quote box?  I can't get mine to work.  TPTB  might be telling me not to post..........?:)

Devon, you fucking hypocrite--questioning whether Tucker respects the sanctity of marriage when you were banging Abby while she was still married?  Fuck you.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm not sure many would characterize Mariah as "saccharine sweet."

Well, the current Mariah is a lot different from the Mariah who: tried to break up the romance between Abby and her ex-fiance, Tyler Michaelson; tried to start an affair with Austin Travers, Summers late first husband; tried to seduce Nick while he and Sharon were together; worked for Victor in trying to drive Sharon crazy.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Ew, what was wrong with Devon's left bicep? It looked swollen and infected to me. Yeah, no, not a fan of the tats. 🤮

Who summons their parents to dinner in less than an hour? IMO Abby and Devon were kind of rude, if not presumptuous. Ashley and Tucker should've texted back, "Nu phone, who dis?"

A "preemptive promotion." What does that even mean? Sigh, I think Jack is such a fool for indulging Diane. Now watch her start firing (or refuse to hire) anyone at Jabot who won't swear a loyalty oath to her and sign an NDA.

I guess the show bought several dirty blonde mops for the women characters to wear. Today Abby and Ashley joined Nikki on the bad beach wave brigade, lol. 😼

Chance, you are too much of an upstanding guy for your own good. Summer is working you, has been working you, and will continue to work you for as long as you let her. Meanwhile, killer Phyllis is still on the lam. Arrest Summer now!

Kyle is big mad. Stand back everybody. 🙄

Abby and Devon looking at Ashley and Tucker like:
confused.gif.b439b694e06b56d2e52decc54054c267.gif

Whee! For one quick second Tucker was throwing attitude at Abby sideways. "You and what army, little girl?"

Diane's steadfast defense of Summer is curious to me. How does that benefit her besides making her look super compassionate to Kyle and Jack?

Now Summer wants to bribe some other rube to lie for her mommy. A criminal genius she is not.

Aw come on, there's no proof Cameron's bruises came from Nick. The evidence is circumstantial at best. I can't even with Chance.

Re the previews, aw yiss, lady shark Audra smells chum in the scorned husband-infested waters. Lay back and let it happen, Kyle.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Now how is Cameron going to explain how the bruise is on Banana Breath’s right hand when there is damage to both sides of his face? 

Nice catch.

24 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Diane's steadfast defense of Summer is curious to me. How does that benefit her besides making her look super compassionate to Kyle and Jack?

It's part of her strategy to keep the focus on the evil Phyllis while she maneuvers herself into a position of power in Jabot.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I had to laugh. “Chief Talent Officer” is an executive position?  It’s nothing more than a fancy name for the head of HR.  

I laughed at that one too. Whoop Dee do.

Waldo13: it looks like we are going to have a Summer Snowstorm

Edited by MsMalin
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Devon, you fucking hypocrite--questioning whether Tucker respects the sanctity of marriage when you were banging Abby while she was still married?  Fuck you.

Yes!  That was one place Devon should never go.  Besides what he and Abby just did to Chance and Amanda, him getting with Hilary behind the sainted Neil's back is not exactly forgotten.  

I do like Abby with Devon, though.  I'm enjoying Melissa Ordway acting with Bryton more than I have anyone else she's been with.  There's a lightness I don't remember seeing much of before.  

Abby, all around, had a good day onscreen, I think.  Her usual pissy attitude towards Tucker was mostly absent. That's always been annoying, considering she ran him down with intent to kill.  She continued that moment of maturity by acting like an independent adult with her mother, calling her out on her Diane obsession and her nutzoid plan for Jack and Jabot without losing her cool.

I see no reason Chance couldn't have arrested Nick and StuporGirl.  I'm sure Hallmark has a card for "So you and your Dad have been arrested together" that we all could sign and send to the station house.

Points to Diane for trying to be understanding about Dummer.  There's no downside for her in this.  She made it okay for Kyle to decide on his own how to proceed with his future, be it with Dummer or not and removed herself as an emotional complication.  I was a bit surprised at the intensity of Jack's anger considering how giving Dummer the benefit of the doubt has always been his expected setting.

I don't pay a lot of attention to wardrobe, other than ButtBiscuit and his suit collection from the Hip Undertakers of America Wearhouse, but that pleated monstrosity of Dummer's looked exactly like drapes my mom had in her living room during the 70's.   Maybe Phyllis is hiding in one of the pleats.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3