Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

If the Grand Albatross does have a ballroom, why do TIIC insist that every event takes place in the lobby?  Too cheap to convert a set?  

And it is a very weird lobby. The check-in/out desk is also the bar and paying guests cannot go about their business in the middle of someone else's party.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And it is a very weird lobby. The check-in/out desk is also the bar and paying guests cannot go about their business in the middle of someone else's party.

Seriously.  Diane's answer to Nikki should have been "Well don't have the party in the lobby!  Try a ballroom or something."

• Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
(edited)

Holy hell, what is Nikki wearing????? And can she please just STFU already? Seriously who died and made her queen? And heres a news flash: it isn’t her party or her hotel so she doesn’t get to call security and have Diane thrown out. God she’s insufferable. No wonder Victoria left town. 

Nate is about to prove he has no business in the executive suite. You’re the COO not the CEO. You don’t get to decide to ‘go big or go home.’ If the CEO says ‘no,’ then it’s no. Go against him and you end up out on your ass. I almost can’t wait to watch this train wreck. 

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Come on! Let the viewers enjoy some Phyllis free episodes without flashbacks of the woman.

Nikki’s clothing has been atrocious lately. A lot of sparkly disco dresses, was half expecting them to do the YMCA at some point.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Jaded said:

A lot of the clothes characters on Y&R wear especially in regards to the women look like Forrester Creations rejects.

Maybe they are Chelsea 2.0 creations. Chelsea 2.0 will be designing for Fenimore and Summer wants Fenimore as the exclusive distributor for Marchetti which means that Chelsea 2.0 will actually be designing for Marchetti by proxi. If this comes to fruition, Marchetti should be in deep shit. But of course the monkeys with a keyboard will make Chelsea 2.0 the next Donna Karen. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

This story makes Nate look like an absolute dolt.  You're not in charge, and your idea (right or wrong) didn't go over with the people who actually are.   So, sure, that means go completely rogue in your speech and blindside everyone.  And, he's making me defend DEVON here...gross.  

Speaking of, did Chance get Daddy Devon's permission before coming to/leaving the party? 

I've always liked Nikki, even somehow as a Victor sycophant so I probably always will, but she's been awful lately.

Jill looks FANTASTIC.  She always does, but I feel like it's in part an attitude thing with her.  She looked so vibrant and charming today.

Diane too, and I think her style might be the best on the show (low bar, but still).   Those dark colors totally fit her, imo.  

Unpopular opinion here....Billy and Lily have a surprisingly healthy relationship.  He mostly listens to her when she has an issue with one of his antics (I think she's usually right), and when she decides to forgive him, she moves on and doesn't hold a passive aggressive grudge over it.  

• Like 5
  • Love 17
On 6/13/2022 at 10:16 PM, JNavarro said:

At the risk of this being more appropriate for off topic, I'm sick of certain dreary, soul sucking RL topics constantly being in your face even if you want to avoid it.  

Trashy Y&R and everything about it is a small but welcome diversion.  

👍👍

• Like 1
(edited)

I know, I know, Nikki's dress was just a bit off.

No surprise, really, since she forgot to wear the head piece that would have really brought it all together.

giphy.gif

Take THAT, Diane!

I'm trying to think of something more deadly dull than a launch party at the Grinning Pterodactyl and the only things I can come with would be Christmas at the Newman Raunch or another meeting of the minds at Chancellor/Winters.

So Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate is going to give the scoop on all of CW's new ideas?  Is he going to tell them their brilliant ideas about podcasts, online entertainment and giving all subscribers a free AOL mail account??  AND all of it free, delivered through dial up.  

I sorta love that Adam couldn't be bothered to show up.

By the way, that logo for Chancellor/Winters makes me think of nothing more than the CW Network.  Wake me when they start broadcasting Superman and Lois.

Edited by boes
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5

Boes - your descriptive, funny, snide (in a good way), spot-on  post of yesterday’s show is the  perfect tonic this morning. And that picture! Nicki would wear it well…bless her heart.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

Unpopular opinion here....Billy and Lily have a surprisingly healthy relationship.  He mostly listens to her when she has an issue with one of his antics (I think she's usually right), and when she decides to forgive him, she moves on and doesn't hold a passive aggressive grudge over it.  

I would've agreed with this 100% until recently when Lily put Billy in a position of having to choose between her or his kids. Just because her kids are pretty much grown and she doesn't have to deal with Cane over them doesn't mean she can act like co-parenting is fantasy now.

Billy has his issues but I think he's genuinely concerned for his kids' welfare in light of their mother bringing someone like Ashland closer into their lives. Lily can eff right off on how Billy chooses to handle it AFAIC. If Lily thinks Billy is really after Victoria again and she doesn't want to be the back pocket option, she can exercise her option to DTMFA.

• Love 15

Is this party/opening over yet? My god. Was Abby catering the event or helping Phylthy with it because she dipped out when Jack got mad at her? I thought that Abby would sooner light the place on fire than help Phylthy out.

I'm so tired of Diane. Her presence is a revolving door or "OMG you're alive!" and "You're a conniving, despicable snake!" and "Leave town!" over and over and over. If I have to hear her lament "I'M HERE FOR KYYYYYYYYLE!!!" one more time. 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Is this party/opening over yet? My god. Was Abby catering the event or helping Phylthy with it because she dipped out when Jack got mad at her? I thought that Abby would sooner light the place on fire than help Phylthy out.

I'm so tired of Diane. Her presence is a revolving door or "OMG you're alive!" and "You're a conniving, despicable snake!" and "Leave town!" over and over and over. If I have to hear her lament "I'M HERE FOR KYYYYYYYYLE!!!" one more time. 🙄

Agreed and for all that the way they're dressing the women on this show should be a felony, Diane look like a dowdy frump. There I said it. 😬

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, basiltherat said:

The belt .. . . oh, dear God in heaven, the belt!!!!

I thought that dress must have stunk to high heaven the way Nikki had her nose stuck up in the air at Diane and Adam this entire episode. The dress was horrible, but her nasty attitude made it so much worse, and IMO EB can barely dial in his performances anymore  He seems quite diminished. Abby's hair with the side strands looked like she'd gone crazy with a can of Aqua Net. Sally's dress was a heinous clash of color with her hair. And as business attire? Nope  On a positive side it seemed that this episode's production values were improved: shorter scenes, with greater impact, delivered in multiple sites, made a more enjoyable watch for me.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Seeing how Jill and Jack have maintained their long friendship is one of the rare treats of this show IMO.

Sally's dress was interesting. She looked to me like she was starring one of those 1930s sci fi movies as a fembot from the planet Hootchie Mama. It was a relatively conservative look--for her. 😼

Lily in a purple dress, and Billy and Nate wearing purple ties and pocket squares. Wonder if chosing the clothing color scheme was part of their big planning meetings because otherwise Devon didn't get the memo.

The ship metaphor Devon used was a unfortunate choice, lol. I see a huge iceberg looming in the choppy waters C-W is sailing into. Plus, whoever heard of a ship made of two boats welded together and with a separate captain for each side?

Chance doing a double-take when he saw Diane leaving was odd. I didn't realize he knew who she was.

Huh, I thought Billy was in charge of the podcasts? Looked like he had no clue about the dozens of new ones Nate proudly announced. Omaha! Omaha! Omaha! 🏉🏉🏉

Victor told Lily and Devon Neil would've been proud of them, and Nikki stopped just short of saying the merger was what Kay would've wanted. Neil and Kay's corpses must be spinning like rotisserie chickens in fifth gear. 🤨

Whee, Adam looked he'd just creamed in his boxer briefs after daddy Vic delivered the big news about his promotion to NE CEO.

Diane works Jack so easily. How can he not see through her?

Imani might need to work on her flirting skills. She actually told a guy under the age of 70 he's "debonair." 🤡

Jill looking at Imani like, "I see you, sis. I was running this man-stealing game when you were still a twinkle in your daddy's eye." Imani redefines boldness.

Oy, Billy's jaws were hella tight when he was hugging Lily there at the end! Looks like the news Adam dropped really got to him. Ill-advised, overly reactive counter-manuever coming in 3...2...1...

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

The ship metaphor Devon used was a unfortunate choice, lol. I see a huge iceberg looming in the choppy waters C-W is sailing into. Plus, whoever heard of a ship made of two boats welded together and with a separate captain for each side?

image.png.04ae4d09e325b4a4649caaaa0247f50a.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well that was a bust. They kept talking about how all the events at the Gross Phlegm end in disaster so I thought surely those were anvils. But no. We can’t have nice things so it was a complete snooze fest. Booooo. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don’t understand what the writers were trying to accomplish with the Chase story yesterday and today. He was called in for this important case and then it was over. We never saw what was happening or why or how it resolved. Huh? Just what was the point of this whole Chase thing? And Abby? Please stop acting like a giggly 16 year old. If you’re a professional in the hospitality business then ACT LIKE IT. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Some ballroom at the Grand Albatross. It’s about the same size as on of their so called suites. No wonder drinks were served in the lobby. It’s bigger.  The doors to the ballroom look like they can be doors to the restroom. 

Lily and Devon speeches say nothing about CW but are just a puff piece on their mutual admiration. Natey Nate Nate is absolutely right about giving some insight to the future projects of CW. What will the news read after the launch without future endeavors. Lily and Devon have a launch party just to blow smoke up their collective asses?  

Anyone who wants Diane gone is being completely selfish to what Kyle wants. Kyle’s feelings should be paramount and the rest can just put on their big boy panties and briefs and suck it up.  

Hey Nikki, Diane is not easily forgiven especially not as easily forgiven than Rodan the Unhinged. 

WTF, Nostrils the company snagged by default?  You have been the default go to your entire life including your current position. Lily is no slouch in the snagging department either.  Of all the heads of any company that’s in GC, Adam out qualifies them all.  There is no possible way that CW communication division could be as large as Newman Media. To make Poppin Fresh very very rich, Locke Communications had to be a major company and now it’s part of NM. 

The concept of Nostrils being a very successful pod caster is as ludicrous as Chelsea 2.0 being an A-Lister designer 🤮

• Love 17

So did the budget get bigger? We still don’t have the ballroom, but the lobby has gotten an expansion past the fireplace. We now see more of a wall, a few tables and chairs and actual doors to the nonexistent ballroom. I also noticed that the party had several extras., although that is probably due to a loosening of Covid protocols.

I was really hoping that Nate‘s speech would blow up for him because I’m tired of folks being put in positions with no training and experience and always “rocking it.“ But like someone said upthread, Lily and Devon’s speeches were ridiculous. They didn’t say anything at all. So in actuality, Nate‘s speech wasn’t really big and bold, it was what you would expect competent execs to say at a shindig like this.

As lastly, I’ll pull up a seat at the table of those who like Billy and Lily as a couple. They are supportive, low drama and have a nice ease with each other. I also think that the actors have really good chemistry and are believable together. I can see where Lily could come off as not being that supportive about his concerns for his kids. But I also don’t think his kids are any danger at all, and Billy‘s just always doing his thing that he does about protecting Victoria. And I can see how she’s just over it.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

50 new podcasts!? I hope they aren't all Billy disguising his voice.

Billy looked sort of worried while Nate was spilling the beans.  LOL.

Was Jill drunk? She seemed to be slurring her words and stumbling around.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I would've agreed with this 100% until recently when Lily put Billy in a position of having to choose between her or his kids. Just because her kids are pretty much grown and she doesn't have to deal with Cane over them doesn't mean she can act like co-parenting is fantasy now.

Billy has his issues but I think he's genuinely concerned for his kids' welfare in light of their mother bringing someone like Ashland closer into their lives. Lily can eff right off on how Billy chooses to handle it AFAIC. If Lily thinks Billy is really after Victoria again and she doesn't want to be the back pocket option, she can exercise her option to DTMFA.

Victoria also plans to revise the custody agreement so she can move the kids out of state.  Billy has every right to object to that.  (Although the kids will probably be 16 when they come back from boarding school for summer vacation...)

What huge secret did Nate reveal?  The formula for New Coke?  And how are 50 true crime podcasts going to reshape the business landscape forever?

Tomorrow's hearing starts at 1pm, so we'll probably get another rerun.  While I think they're a tad more important than whatever the frack Chancellor Winters is doing, all of these hearings should be on in prime time.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I agree boes, Imani looked like she was ready to devour Natey Nate Nate. When asked if she was having fun, Imani answered I’m having a ball 😉

Edited by Waldo13
  • LOL 11
(edited)

I can see where Lily could come off as not being that supportive about his concerns for his kids. But I also don’t think his kids are any danger at all, and Billy‘s just always doing his thing that he does about protecting Victoria. And I can see how she’s just over it.

AFAIC, if Lily's over it let her get to steppin'. There's other fish in the sea. Frankly, Billy's starting to look a bit p-whipped to me anyway. Meanwhile, were they sort of chem testing him with Diane? Now that would be deliciously messy since Jack seems to be trying to figure out how he can make it okay for him to get closer to Diane again.

12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Victoria also plans to revise the custody agreement so she can move the kids out of state.  Billy has every right to object to that.  (Although the kids will probably be 16 when they come back from boarding school for summer vacation...)

What huge secret did Nate reveal?  The formula for New Coke?  And how are 50 true crime podcasts going to reshape the business landscape forever?

Tomorrow's hearing starts at 1pm, so we'll probably get another rerun.  While I think they're a tad more important than whatever the frack Chancellor Winters is doing, all of these hearings should be on in prime time.

100%, Snaporaz.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

Oof, watching Diane play Jack like a fiddle breaks my heart..

Chance was sounding pretty manic yesterday. All that “I’m invincible” stuff is clearly not going to end well..  I hope it develops into conflict between his mania and Abby’s worry and doesn’t just go straight to a gunshot. I like a little psychology with my action tyvm.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Maybe Jabot should make a run at Revlon:

Revlon files for bankruptcy

From the article

"Today's filing will allow Revlon to offer our consumers the iconic products we have delivered for decades, while providing a clearer path for our future growth," said Revlon CEO

That sounds right up Jabot's alley, probably moreso than Marchetti. I could see Lily getting mixed up in it too since makeup has been her thing as well. The writers could change the name of the IRL company to Remlon or something. Yeah, that's the ticket! 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Maybe Jabot should make a run at Revlon:

Revlon files for bankruptcy

From the article

That sounds right up Jabot's alley, probably moreso than Marchetti. I could see Lily getting mixed up in it too since makeup has been her thing as well. The writers could change the name of the IRL company to Remlon or something. Yeah, that's the ticket! 😉

I use to work for Revlon as a cost accountant back in the late 60’s. You wouldn’t believe how much is spent on R&D, even then, to come up with a new fragrance and the next best thing in skin care and cosmetics. Their chemists were treated like gods. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I could see Lily getting mixed up in it too since makeup has been her thing as well. 

Lily could use some of her prison tips for inmates to save money using stuff you have on hand - ashes from the incinerator, a dab of cherry juice, etc., for makeup.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • LOL 15
(edited)

Again, I was able to watch today's preempted episode on CBS.com.

Oy, I think nuSummer might want to leave the skintight leather pants to Sally. Just sayin'. 😼

Jill being snarkily receptive toward Diane was not the way I expected that reunion to go.

Heh, Angelina Marchetti must be chugging the Amaretto Disaronno if she was willing to retire and trust Summer's vision for the future of her company. And then Summer thinks Kyle should be CEO. What does he know about the fashion business? Love how this show wants to keep giving the impression that the job of running any international company can be learned via OJT.

Looks like Ashland's new penthouse is part of the palazzo set repurposed, with brighter colors.

Oh, okay, Jill has no reason to resent Diane's presence because she wasn't one of the people incriminated in Diane's "murder." Jill's truth bombs can be more objective than say, Phyllis or Nikki's.

Victoria said she wants to bring the fine arts into the digital age. Here come the NFTs! TPTB have yet to find a trend they weren't willing to jump on and present in a screwed up way.

I'm with Jill. Diane is up to something more than merely getting reacquainted with Kyle. I don't even think bagging Jack is it. There has to be a big win looming because she could've stayed hidden in CA and avoided all the abuse and hostility.

Gah, Summer, stay out of grown folks' business. You can't control your mommy, Kyle's mommy, or your FIL. Leave it be before you get burned unnecessarily.

How afraid was I that Adam and Sally were going to christen Adam's new office by having  office furniture sex? THIS MUCH. I doubt the couch in there has been cleaned since Victoria and OG Ashland got busy on it months ago, and who knows what's been on that desk. <shudder> 🤮🤮🤮☠️☠️☠️

Whoa, was that a "dream on, you POS" sneer Victoria gave Ashland when he was pouring more drinks? Dang, she is running a long con on him and I am here for it. 🤠

Stand back, world. TGVN has yet another top secret plan to destroy Ashland, once and for all. Sorry, Vic, nobody's buying any more of your bluster except Nikki.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

She looked like a beached mermaid.

5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I think that’s probably an insult to beached mermaids.

Maybe, just maybe, she's trying to catch the eye of the Gorton's Fisherman.

giphy.gif

Who doesn't love fishsticks??

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Not a spoiler, but we all see what's coming...

Newmans.jpg

Sad but true. I actually feel bad for Adam. I mean, he SHOULD know better than to think his father actually gives a damn about him. But he lives in hope and those hopes are crushed every single time. Sally was right, he should have just told his family to fuck off and started his own business or found a job elsewhere, I know, there are no other businesses in GC but he could get a job for a company based,say, in NY. Or LA. And work remotely like the rest of us in the real world 😝

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whoa, was that a "dream on, you POS" sneer Victoria gave Ashland when he was pouring more drinks? Dang, she is running a long con on him and I am here for it. 🤠

THIS. Is what I have been hoping for, from the moment they seemed to show her seemingly softening in her stance toward Ashland.

TBH, I would feel differently if he were still being played by RB, because I can be swayed by the pretty.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 10

Too bad Marchetti is already a done deal. If Adam had been able to acquire it …. the smug could have been wiped off of Summer’s face. 

Perhaps it is time for the actresses on this show to organize a rebellion against the wardrobe department. It is terrible and shows a disconnect with - well - taste, respect for women, body types of the actresses, etc. Who knew fashion choices for the 80s Golden Girls had staged a huge comeback. As a woman, it offends my eyes. Glitter, sparkles, cheap-looking shiny fabrics. In a nutshell.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Too bad Marchetti is already a done deal. If Adam had been able to acquire it …. the smug could have been wiped off of Summer’s face. 

Perhaps it is time for the actresses on this show to organize a rebellion against the wardrobe department. It is terrible and shows a disconnect with - well - taste, respect for women, body types of the actresses, etc. Who knew fashion choices for the 80s Golden Girls had staged a huge comeback. As a woman, it offends my eyes. Glitter, sparkles, cheap-looking shiny fabrics. In a nutshell.

How can anyone think that a successful fashion house could be run out of Dairyland with Fenmores as the sole distributor. All the major fashion shows are in Paris, LA, and especially NYC. Has the monkeys with a keyboard ever heard of NYC fashion week?  Chelsea will have to design a shit load of schmattas to cover the cost of at least one show. Silly rabbit, new Marchetti will be a major cash cow even with Summer and Kyle at the helm. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Again, I was able to watch today's preempted episode on CBS.com.

Oy, I think nuSummer might want to leave the skintight leather pants to Sally. Just sayin'. 😼

Jill being snarkily receptive toward Diane was not the way I expected that reunion to go.

Heh, Angelina Marchetti must be chugging the Amaretto Disaronno if she was willing to retire and trust Summer's vision for the future of her company. And then Summer thinks Kyle should be CEO. What does he know about the fashion business? Love how this show wants to keep giving the impression that the job of running any international company can be learned via OJT.

Looks like Ashland's new penthouse is part of the palazzo set repurposed, with brighter colors.

Oh, okay, Jill has no reason to resent Diane's presence because she wasn't one of the people incriminated in Diane's "murder." Jill's truth bombs can be more objective than say, Phyllis or Nikki's.

Victoria said she wants to bring the fine arts into the digital age. Here come the NFTs! TPTB have yet to find a trend they weren't willing to jump on and present in a screwed up way.

I'm with Jill. Diane is up to something more than merely getting reacquainted with Kyle. I don't even think bagging Jack is it. There has to be a big win looming because she could've stayed hidden in CA and avoided all the abuse and hostility.

Gah, Summer, stay out of grown folks' business. You can't control your mommy, Kyle's mommy, or your FIL. Leave it be before you get burned unnecessarily.

How afraid was I that Adam and Sally were going to christen Adam's new office by having  office furniture sex? THIS MUCH. I doubt the couch in there has been cleaned since Victoria and OG Ashland got busy on it months ago, and who knows what's been on that desk. <shudder> 🤮🤮🤮☠️☠️☠️

Stand back, world. TGVN has yet another top secret plan to destroy Ashland, once and for all. Sorry, Vic, nobody's buying any more of your bluster except Nikki.

How were you able to watch this episode?  Today in NY, CBS aired the 6/16 episode with Ashley and Traci reminiscing about their past with Allie at Society. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

^^^Yeah, Allie's clothing has been kind of odd to me for a character who was living in LA most of her life. {Maybe she was friends with Hope Forrester, lol). There's this weird preppy vibe but with an eclectic twist. The actress is quite thin but I doubt they're going to put her in the kind of intentionally alluring stuff Sally or Imani wear. Still though, Allie's style is definitely puzzling.

On a similar note, Diane's look doesn't read CA to me at all, especially with all the dark colors. She's got more of an East Coast, married into old money, socialite in mourning vibe, I think.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

How can anyone think that a successful fashion house could be run out of Dairyland with Fenmores as the sole distributor. 

Waldo13, with all due respect, I have to think that you've missed the wonder that is the Wisconsin's answer to that pikers parade called New York Fashion Week, the New Glarus Udderly Fabulous Dairy Day?

giphy.gif

And the crowds go wild...

giphy.gif

Edited by boes
  • LOL 18