Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, boes said:

Can the mystery person who buys the Olde ButtBiscuit Manor have  a helper named Willie Loomis?  Nobody scrubs out that stubborn nostril grit and grime like Willie!

Are you suggesting they bring in a vampire? I like it! It made Dark Shadows the top soap opera for many years.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Are you suggesting they bring in a vampire? I like it! It made Dark Shadows the top soap opera for many years.

It could work!  As long as it's a REAL vampire, not someone like Cane or Billy ButtBiscuit who have been sucking the life out of Show with nary a supernatural power or even a hint of talent in sight.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, boes said:

It could work!  As long as it's a REAL vampire, not someone like Cane or Billy ButtBiscuit who have been sucking the life out of Show with nary a supernatural power or even a hint of talent in sight.

Exactly! Someone who makes Grampire look like a poser. I want a real evil, dastardly villain. Someone who gets the blood churning. With scary henchmen and none of this disease of the week crap. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Exactly! Someone who makes Grampire look like a poser. I want a real evil, dastardly villain. Someone who gets the blood churning. With scary henchmen and none of this disease of the week crap. 

Ah hell, life [or rather mortality] gets in the way here!

Can you imagine Frid in his prime going up against Victor? The two of them bobbling lines like sonsabitches and jockeying for the teleprompter.

• LOL 10
26 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Ah hell, life [or rather mortality] gets in the way here!

Can you imagine Frid in his prime going up against Victor? The two of them bobbling lines like sonsabitches and jockeying for the teleprompter.

I'd love to see Dr. Hoffman have a go at TGVN. Can you imagine Gloria and Nikki hitting the bottle with Elizabeth? And you Know Nick and Nostrils would be driven to fisticuffs over Caroline. Victoria Winters, as is her wont, would feel vaguely unsettled.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I'd love to see Dr. Hoffman have a go at TGVN. Can you imagine Gloria and Nikki hitting the bottle with Elizabeth? And you Know Nick and Nostrils would be driven to fisticuffs over Caroline. Victoria Winters, as is her wont, would feel vaguely unsettled.

Julia would give Nikki a run for her money.

Just imagine what she'd do with a ButtBiscuit.

Yes, Julia, yes, we understand.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Ya know, Victor's evil is annoying. (Yes, meant both ways.) Who was that really evil guy on that other soap, James Stenbeck? Someone like that. Oooh, the guy who sang "Chelsea two point oh-oh-oh", played by Ray Wise. He would be a welcome return and he can dial up the evil to eleven.

4 hours ago, boes said:

Can the mystery person who buys the Olde ButtBiscuit Manor have  a helper named Willie Loomis?  Nobody scrubs out that stubborn nostril grit and grime like Willie!

Just as long as he stutters!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Ya know, Victor's evil is annoying. (Yes, meant both ways.) Who was that really evil guy on that other soap, James Stenbeck? Someone like that. Oooh, the guy who sang "Chelsea two point oh-oh-oh", played by Ray Wise. He would be a welcome return and he can dial up the evil to eleven.

Just as long as he stutters!

"B..b..Barnabas, you can't kill Victor Newman! He's already dead!"

• LOL 5

I actually enjoyed the episode - it was far less clunky and cheesy than sister soap B&B. Most of the scenes being outdoors worked so much better for some reason. It also helped that we have some real life couples like Bryton and Brytni who don't have to social distance. 

I love Nikki's silvery blond hair color - so much more flattering than the sometimes-crayon yellow she sports from time to time.

Also, the preview made me think (read: hope) that Sharon will have much more interaction with Adam (her IRL boyfriend) and I am all for a Shadam reunion. And Chelsea can go wear the hell out of some trashy outfit she undoubtedly designed off my screen. 

So, I'm withholding my judgment in favor of being happy one of my shows is back with new episodes. If it goes the way of B&B, which has stupid storylines, including propping of a baby thief, along with the clunky filming, that will be very, very short-lived.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I cant believe I missed today's new shitshow! I was thinking about it all weekend and forgot that I took it off my DVR due to extreme lameness. So it's back on record, but did I miss anything?!

A bunch of flashbacks and a lot of inane yammerings.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Was surprised to see that they hadn't changed the opening credits except for a couple of minor extra graphics. Seems to me the hiatus would've been a good time to do a total overhaul.

So are Lily and Billy planning to load those interviews up on ViewTube or something? Recording them on her cell phone was rather low tech for what's supposed to be an up and coming media company.

I thought Lily looked great with a few more pounds on her. Filled her face out nicely.

Oy, all those flashbacks with characters hugging and kissing and getting in each other's faces. We won't be seeing that stuff again for a while, not unless Y&R goes the B&B route with mannequins, sex dolls, and SOs as stand-ins. They better not. Things are looking more than a bit cheap and campy over there right now. 🤗

Eh, the iffy thing about the story of young Adam killing some guy is that there's no proof. Hope is dead, Adam doesn't remember, and Victor is perfectly capable of creating false evidence and paying off the necessary people.

Looks like SC's boyfriend's been chowing down pretty good over the break. 😼 Poor Adam must've been eating his feelings over losing control of NE. Again.

ChancComm. Nah, I'm not sure that's gonna work. "CC" is already taken as a well-known trademark. (And I'm thinking Chanel more than Creative Commons or Comedy Central.)

Wow, Amanda looked absolutely gorgeous! But wait, they've really settled on Nate for her? I thought Billy was in the running too.

Smilin' Jack is back, baby! Kinda sad though that he and Billy were the only Abbotts present today.

Heh, at least they'll be able to take advantage of BJ and BS being a couple IRL. Wonder if Adam is going to work his way back to Sharon so they can do close scenes too? (Per the previews it appears so.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

^Yeah, I thought it looked like Adam had a few extra pandemic snacks, too.  I'm not judging.  I've had my share.  Or a little more.  Does anybody *really* get 11 servings from a bag of potato chips?  Was Nikki wearing a wig?  That didn't look like her hair.  With the exception of Devon and Jack, the Katherine tributes had precious little to do with Katherine.  So according to Lily, nobody has moved to Genoa City since Amanda?  I'm not sure ChanceCom will be getting the GC Tourism Bureau's contract. I haven't missed banal Billy and his inexplicable sneer at all these last three months.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

I cant believe I missed today's new shitshow! I was thinking about it all weekend and forgot that I took it off my DVR due to extreme lameness. So it's back on record, but did I miss anything?!

You have to find a way to see it, just for Nikki's hair.  It looks like a Dolly Parton impersonator put a finger in a light socket while combing it with a weed wacker.

Must See TV!

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

A bunch of flashbacks and a lot of inane yammerings.

Lily was particularly terse and annoying.

The only good part was the three Abbot siblings.

So ChanceCom has nothing to do with Chance Chancellor, right?

7 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

^Yeah, I thought it looked like Adam had a few extra pandemic snacks, too.  

I thought it made him even cuter.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, boes said:

You have to find a way to see it, just for Nikki's hair.  It looks like a Dolly Parton impersonator put a finger in a light socket while combing it with a weed wacker.

Must See TV!

I thought she looked like Kramer and Jerry when they had the low flo shower heads. Victoria’s looked weird, too (especially from the back).

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Lily was particularly terse and annoying.

The only good part was the three Abbot siblings.

So ChanceCom has nothing to do with Chance Chancellor, right?

I thought it made him even cuter.

Chance is a Chancellor, but I don't think he has anything to do with the business.  Jill started a media division at Chancellor Industries so Billy could have a job without going through a pesky interview process.  Then she had to hire Lily to babysit him.  And I agree that Adam looks better with a couple extra pounds. 

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, boes said:

Must See TV!

They usually have it On Demand after a day or so, I'll check tonight and tomorrow.

• Love 4

Selfishly, I'm really glad to have Show back, though I do wonder/worry if it's such a good idea.  I just hope that everyone in front of the camera an behind it stays healthy and safe.

As for the episode, besides Nikki's hair being inspired, I think, by Plan 9 From Outer Space, I'm pretty sure that dress she was wearing was made from my mom's old slip covers she used for the porch furniture.  Since social distancing puts a traditional hair and makeup at a disadvantage, maybe Show could ask NASA if they could borrow one of those robot thingies to help until things get back to normal?   Something like Wall-E?

It'll take some time to work out the kinks, but it might be worth it.

giphy.gif

Let it practice on Phyllis.

I see ButtBiscuit has modified his Eddie Munster look to a somewhat poor man's Christopher Lee vampire chic.

giphy.gif

Poor Lily, having to stare at that mug for days on end.  Give it up, ButtBiscuit, you'll never even make it to a Mr. Hanky impersonation.  By the way, doesn't it look like he remodeled the nostrils during his time away?  They look bigger, like maybe he added screened in porches or something?

As many of you have noted, Adam looks like a better fed moob than before.  Speaking of moobs......you might want to ease off on the Funions, Adam.  Like potato chips, there are supposed to be 11 servings per bag.  (Yeah, Snaporaz, that's total b.s., given how many empty bags I hide in the bottom of the garbage can each week).

I'd totally forgotten the "Who Killed JR" storyline Show was doing with Adam and Victor.  With any luck, I'll forget it again.

The flashback scenes with the Abbott siblings was just as touching the second time around as it was when first shown.  I wonder if we'll ever see Marla Adams in a new scene again?  I pretty much hope not, considering how dangerous it could be for a person her age.  I hope they all stay safe.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Not only did Lily record all these interviews on her iPhone, she did it in portrait and not landscape. Amateur!

Other than her ineptitude, I actually thought the show was ok. Not too boring. No one crying out in pain (Ack! Ack!) every 5 seconds and soon to be hooked on drugs and no greasy, hobo looking guy who apparently pulled a Ross and Rachel in Vegas. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Melody Thomas Scott was on Entertainment Tonight promoting her new book Always Young & Restless. She was asked if they were using stand-ins or mannequins for love scenes like B&B. She said that they have been filming for a couple weeks and so far she has not seen any love scenes. There are no plans for stand-ins, etc. She believes that the show will refrain from love scenes until things improve because of the level of strictness that they currently have on the set. The actors stay far apart from each other, but camera angles are used to make them appear closer. MTS was also asked about her neck lift she had this past winter and she was happy with it and wishes she had done it sooner. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

I wonder if we'll ever see Marla Adams in a new scene again?  I pretty much hope not, considering how dangerous it could be for a person her age.  I hope they all stay safe.

I wondered that too. Kind of scary. And EB is only a couple of years younger than she is so he's taking a huge risk too. TPTB better be doing everything they can to protect the cast.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Wow, I did NOT miss that greasy Hemsworth wannabe - and how bad his acting is. I also did not miss Amanda/Hilary. Ugggghhhh. And Sharon Case got a little more surgery than she bargained for, all from her chin and up. SO puffy!

SC looks awful.

• Love 3

In broad daylight Phyllis salted Abby's hotel worksite with dinosaur bones? Because Abby has security cameras at the worksite, it'll take a week for her to find out Phyllis is still a dirty trickster. More bad press for The Phoenix.

1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

Wow, I did NOT miss that greasy Hemsworth wannabe - and how bad his acting is. 

You have to admit Greasy Kid Stuff does manage to take advantage of every opportunity with Genoa City Rubes; snagged a job with another lying, cheating, asshat, with no evidence he has any social contacts, influencer or otherwise, and played 'I'm a Bad Bad Boy (bats moist eyes), Forgive Me?' at the the already guilt-ridden Jack to make sure he has a seat at the Abbott dining room table.

<shudder>

Theo is so slimy.

I also did not miss Amanda/Hilary. Ugggghhhh.

Yeah, you can see the telgraphing from your living room. Hillary 2,0 and NotBilly will bump uglies on Lily's desk. Dr. Nate will find out and break into a pious rendition of Que Sera Sera. Lily will find NotBilly's soilled thong and break out the firehose. 

And Sharon Case got a little more surgery than she bargained for, all from her chin and up. SO puffy!

Oof! 

Not a good look. though it sort-of works with her Team Sharon Cancer No-Makeup Makeup Parade. Boo hoo, scars on my perfect Bikini Banzai Body ... Reassure meeeee, Mariah! Please. Back to your overly ambitious plastic surgeon, Sharon.

Now if Sharon's cancer treatments would cause her to start losing her hair, ending up with no extensions and a a decent short cut, it would make this scenery-chewing disease melodrama worth while

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Well, Abby's outfit today was certainly interesting. And by "interesting" I mean, "Girl, you must be worth close to a cool billion by now. Did you pick that up in the remainders bin at Chelsea 2.0?"

Yikes, I don't know about Phyllis' skirt either. It made her look very hippy, and not in the 1969 at Woodstock way.

Faith keeps growing! She's like a sunflower. Not fond of her mirroring Sharon's hairstyle though.

Oh come on, that bone was way too big for a human. Guess Amanda failed biology in high school. Meanwhile, Phyllis is an idiot. It'll likely take less than a day for experts to determine that those bones aren't real dinosaur. She better hope Jack doesn't remember the brief conversation they had that gave her the idea.

Billy was cracking me up the way he kept leaning in his suit like he was posing in a fashion catalog. Boy, bye. You are so not hot. I was also intrigued by those huge lapels on his jacket. Is that look back in style?

Phyllis thinks a lot of herself. 😑 I don't see it as guaranteed Sharon will come after her. Maybe Sharon'll realize life is too short to keep being bothered by that trifling broad or what mistakes idiot Nick decides to keep revisiting.

Not smart of Theo to try to lie to an Abbott about Jabot business. Getting off on the wrong foot there, buddy.

Did Sharon have a complete mastectomy?

Nick owns a bunch of buildings. Huh. Since when is he rolling like that again? I thought he had given most of his assets away?

Is Amanda Phyllis' attorney? Not sure why Amanda is letting herself be a party to the crime Phyllis is about to commit with those fake dinosaur bones.

Ehhh, all the mentions of Kyle. So where is the silly twerp? Off somewhere trying to retrieve his balls from Summer's purse?

My idea for the perfect staycation would decidely not be anywhere near a place owned and run by a woman who has dumpster sex. AFAIC Phyllis should turn that place into a swingers club because her name will never represent luxurious, upscale lodging.

So Y&R is going to mix scenes shot before and after the shutdown? I was confused by the inconsistent social distancing today.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

She believes that the show will refrain from love scenes until things improve

Is that a promise?

And can they keep that up after the pandemic because I'm fine with never seeing at least 2/3rds of this cast banging ever again.

I saw monday's episode and boy, I entirely forgot about how dull Y&R had become before it left. I completely forgot Victoria had gotten shot at and apparently, Adam killed that mobster dude as a grade schooler???? I even forgot I hated Billy until he opened his trap about Adam and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Damn, even B&B is trying some new shit with Steffy branching out to the Spencer family tree and leaving Hopecs man behind to new territories, but Y&R is recycling story beats from 2009? I sleep. 💤

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

With Nostrils new haircut are TIIC trying to make him look more metrosexual?  If that is the case, than have Nostrils stop playing pocket pool.  Besides, his new haircut makes Nostrils nostrils look bigger.  

Of course Nostrils looks at lying as an asset.  He’s so good at it. 

If the TIIC did their research, dinosaur bones have never been found in Wisconsin.  What did Phyllis use to bury the bones and how did she get them deep enough to be plausible?  On that subject, planting the dinosaur bones is a crime so as an officer of the court, isn’t Amanda obligated to report it? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

With Nostrils new haircut are TIIC trying to make him look more metrosexual?  If that is the case, than have Nostrils stop playing pocket pool.  Besides, his new haircut makes Nostrils nostrils look bigger.  

If the TIIC did their research, dinosaur bones have never been found in Wisconsin.  What did Phyllis use to bury the bones and how did she get them deep enough to be plausible?  On that subject, planting the dinosaur bones is a crime so as an officer of the court, isn’t Amanda obligated to report it? 

Waldo13, you're back!!  It's so nice to see you again on this forum, hope you're doing well.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

She'll probably just throw them in the bushes and then lurk around until Abby is showing it to some big mukety mucks and then she'll go "What is this? Why It appears to be a major scientific discovery! Well, obviously you can't have people staying here until the University has been over it with a fine tooth comb!

*it could take months tee hee hee.*

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, boes said:

Waldo13, you're back!!  It's so nice to see you again on this forum, hope you're doing well.

Thanks BOES, I had triple bipass surgery and than a bout with cellulitis for a total of 3 weeks in the Hospital. Thank god for Medicare. All is well now. 

Nostrils is still a prick, Banana Breath is still a knuckle dragged, and Theo is the best tap dancer in GC.

Faith can’t really be thirteen years old.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Waldo13 said:

Thanks BOES, I had triple bipass surgery and than a bout with cellulitis for a total of 3 weeks in the Hospital. Thank god for Medicare. All is well now. 

Nostrils is still a prick, Banana Breath is still a knuckle dragged, and Theo is the best tap dancer in GC.

Thank God you're okay!  What a run of bad luck you had.  We all were wondering about you, so very happy you're back.  How are you feeling??

• Love 7

Damn these first two episodes were even worse than before the shutdown! And it was so obvious that today’s show was taped pre-pandemic. For one thing Faith was wearing a winter sweater...in August. For another, everyone was way too close together. When Phyllis got right in Amanda’s face, all I could think was ‘back it up about 6 feet lady!’

I expect to see a lot more of Devon and Elena since they’re a real life couple.

theo? It was a PHONE CALL! No need to pose and posture for it. I can’t begin to tell you how much I did NOT miss him!

clearly I missed the memo about the latest fashion trend because I didn’t understand why Abby was wearing a satin sports bra OVER her shirt....

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

OK, Show, I'm glad you're back and I missed you these past few months.  But I didn't miss you enough to forget or forgive you trying to sell ButtBiscuit as some witty raconteur, with a bad boy persona that just makes da wimmens swoon and the men fall to their knees in envy.  Nor are you successfully selling ButtBiscuit as some brilliant marketer genius who knows what the young folks like.  

It's fully possible that he is the go-to guy if you're marketing to Oompa Loompas and I'm sure there's not a flesh-eating zombie who wouldn't give their eye teeth for a chomping chance at chowing down on that proboscis, but in human society he'd be repeatedly depantsed, given wedgies, have a super swirly for lunch and be mercilessly mocked till the sun went down.  Lily has been through this kind of abuse already with Cane, there's no reason to punish her again.

Or US, Show, or us.  

With all the oily essence of him and Theo, Chance Communications should install a slip-n-slide from the elevator into their offices.

So Phyllis has had to go on EBay and buy a bone?  I guess Nick's not up to the job?  I know, I know, too easy of a joke but I couldn't resist.  If she really wants people to think Abby's hotel is being built on prehistoric remains, shouldn't she just bury herself in the foundations?  

Also, why did she have to buy old bones?  Doesn't she have Dr. Tim or Sasha Green's remains somewhere handy?

Theo is very lucky to have pitched his self-sale to ButtBiscuit.  Very few other people would be up for Oily Balls in the heat of a Wisconsin summer.

Deep Dish pizza?  As if anyone in that room has had a piece of pizza, other than Faith, since the Truman administration.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I saw monday's episode and boy, I entirely forgot about how dull Y&R had become before it left. I completely forgot Victoria had gotten shot at and apparently, Adam killed that mobster dude as a grade schooler???? I even forgot I hated Billy until he opened his trap about Adam and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When I watched the ep that was recapping and reminding us of what happened before the COVID, I passed out from boredom.

This is the most boring soap on TV.  And that is saying something, since General Hospital still exists.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Ok.  I'm not coming back.  But I was curious what COVID-19 filming would look like and took a peek at Monday's show, sound off.  Again, (IMHO) quick strictly technical observations.

Brilliant to come back with an episode consisting of "interviews" to set up flashbacks.  By doing so, it lend a normalcy to why everybody was social distancing.  

Someone mentioned Lily recording with her phone in portrait, not landscape, mode.  Considering the film/TV industry put together a 30 page COVID-19 document of rules to follow, I'm sure Lily's phone position was the last thing on TPTB minds.

Y&R better hope none of these IRL couples break up before Miss Rona leaves the building.

The next time any Hair and Makeup department are given an award, stand up, applaud, and show them respect.  For you no longer know not what they do.  

Edited by MissAlmond
removed weird paragraph spacing.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

In real time, she was born in '09, but I thought the actress(es? They seem to switch off like Olsen twins in Full House) was older than 13. A SORAS of 2 years ain't all that much, and probably gonna link into more Cassie pathos since she wasn't much older when she died.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Ok.  I'm not coming back.  But I was curious what COVID-19 filming would look like and took a peek at Monday's show, sound off.  Again, (IMHO) quick strictly technical observations.

Hedge your participation any way you want but you need to be here! We need your learned commentary! With your outstanding historical knowledge of Y&R, you are able to offer valuable insights and background on the legacy and semi-legacy characters who are still on board.

I hereby nominate MissAlmond to be our Commenter Emeritus. (No voting. Another Prevert should make a motion to elect by acclamation. kthxbye.)

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Hedge your participation any way you want but you need to be here! We need your learned commentary! With your outstanding historical knowledge of Y&R, you are able to offer valuable insights and background on the legacy and semi-legacy characters who are still on board.

I hereby nominate MissAlmond to be our Commenter Emeritus. (No voting. Another Prevert should make a motion to elect by acclamation. kthxbye.)

Seconded.

• Love 4

Holy cow, Waldo.  I really hope you’re totally up to par, soon.

Explain to me how they filmed those scenes in Sharon’s house?  They weren’t distancing at all. It does look like Sharon Case had face work done.  Her puffy cheeks makes her eyes so small and inset.  Not good.

Buttbiscuit did an interview on our local TV and said the only two people who are not forced to distance is Devon and Elena because they are involved with each other off screen.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Glad to hear all is well. You were missed!

14 hours ago, boes said:

So Phyllis has had to go on EBay and buy a bone?  I guess Nick's not up to the job?  I know, I know, too easy of a joke but I couldn't resist.  If she really wants people to think Abby's hotel is being built on prehistoric remains, shouldn't she just bury herself in the foundations?  

Also, why did she have to buy old bones?  Doesn't she have Dr. Tim or Sasha Green's remains somewhere handy?

Oh, boes, you're on a roll! So now Phyllis is officially a bone smuggler? Sneaking into the construction site and pranking them with bones is just too utterly ridiculous. I can't even break it down with questions because every smother forking aspect of it is totally absurd. I am picturing Phyllis on all fours with a giant mastodon bone in her mouth, digging with her paws and the dirt flying everywhere. And I know that's no more ridiculous than how ever they explain how she did it. If they even bother.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Explain to me how they filmed those scenes in Sharon’s house?  They weren’t distancing at all. It does look like Sharon Case had face work done.  Her puffy cheeks makes her eyes so small and inset.  Not good.

I'm thinking those scenes were filmed pre-COVID, unless they're being tested about twice per day or all quarantined together on set or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

You are too kind!  But I must confess my memories were triggered by seeing the episodes again and with the help of many of you on this board.  Plus, the characters/plotlines I remember mostly have moved away from the current landscape.  But if the situation calls for it, I'll pop in.  Since I'm here, I forgot to give my theory on this: 

On 8/10/2020 at 5:42 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was surprised to see that they hadn't changed the opening credits except for a couple of minor extra graphics. Seems to me the hiatus would've been a good time to do a total overhaul.

If you noticed all episodes, regardless of year,  had the same Y&R logo and The Woman in Black walking toward the camera in the opening/half way mark.  Obviously this wasn't the case when many first aired.  My guess is the graphics department spend their time during the hiatus merging older original opening/half way credits with the current one, producing a standard one we saw daily.  Considering the stress and wine drinking during the height of lockdown, especially in L.A.  if production had then asked "While you're at, just overhaul the current logo" we might have tuned in one day and seen the letters Y&R replaced by F.U.  

Thanks again  -Preverts? - Is that what you call yourselves?  I won't judge.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Thanks again  -Preverts? - Is that what you call yourselves?  I won't judge.  

I see you've been here since 2014, like most of us. One day we were searching for something to call ourselves since we weren't TWoPpers anymore. So, since this site used to be called Previously TV, we settled on Preverts.

And yes, please come back any time !

/one of us gobble gobble..

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Wonder if we'll ever see bratty Connor again?

Dang, Amanda and Nate make a hella beautiful couple. Their children would be gorgeous. Meanwhile, what was up with that side-eye Nate threw at Amanda as he was leaving the Gluttonous Parfait? Is he already jealous of Billy's seeming importance in her life?

Meh, not sure how long I'm going to be able to stand watching scene after scene of Devon and Elena propping each other with all their schmoopiness. The meta of it is not cute to me.

Nick, the only reason the situation between Abby and Phyllis has gotten personal is because your crazypants succubus of a girlfriend made it personal. She makes everything about herself. You're throwing in with the wrong side.

Were Phyllis and Summer even in the coffeehouse at the same time, lol? The forced perspective was was looking too forced to me. 😉

I liked Chelsea's romper.

Yeah Abby, Chance has your back all right. From six feet away. He must have limbs like Stretch Armstrong. 🙂

Bad ice cream?!!!????!! Nooooooo! Sacrilege!

Oh come on. Archeologists will determine in short order that those bones found on Abby's construction site came from somewhere else. Phyllis is not this stupid.

What was the deal with Chance's pants? It looked to me like his belt was dropped about an inch lower than the waistband. Is that a thing now?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Holy cow, Waldo.  I really hope you’re totally up to par, soon.

Buttbiscuit did an interview on our local TV and said the only two people who are not forced to distance is Devon and Elena because they are involved with each other off screen.

The second episode was filmed before the shutdown so there wasn't any social distancing happening. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2