Type keyword(s) to search

S07. E14: Twamie Ullulaq

• Start Topic

(edited)

First Aired: April 10, 2020

A Blacklist case becomes personal for Agent Park when the team investigates a mysterious disappearance in the Alaska Triangle. Meanwhile, Aram enlists Red's help to find out what really happened to Elodie's husband.

Edited by mxc90
On 4/3/2020 at 7:33 PM, mxc90 said:

A Blacklist case becomes personal for Agent Park when the team investigates a mysterious disappearance in the Alaska Triangle.

Maybe Parks was investigating those guys Lizzie murdered up there a few seasons ago.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:33 PM, mxc90 said:

Aram enlists Red's help to find out what really happened to Elodie's husband.

Aren't the doctors and the ME the ones to tell Aram that? Since I think I remember Red killing his doctor. Or maybe it was Lizzie's ex boyfriend-doctor that he killed.

Somewhere there should be a list of all the people Red has murdered.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

I think Twamie Ullulaq is the special cream Red has to sneak into the U.S. to cure whatever that was on the bottom of Glen's feet.

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:
On 4/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, mxc90 said:

A Blacklist case becomes personal for Agent Park when the team investigates a mysterious disappearance in the Alaska Triangle.

Maybe Parks was investigating those guys Lizzie murdered up there a few seasons ago.

I think the real reason Park wants to go to Alaska is to fight a Polar Bear. She needs a worthy opponent after Liz prevented her from killing Purcell.

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:
On 4/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, mxc90 said:

Aram enlists Red's help to find out what really happened to Elodie's husband.

Aren't the doctors and the ME the ones to tell Aram that?

Why do I get the feeling Red will end up with the $10 million?!!?

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

I think Twamie Ullulaq is the special cream Red has to sneak into the U.S. to cure whatever that was on the bottom of Glen's feet.

That's funny -- I still don't know what the hell was going on with Glen's feet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

When the case is solved,  the salmon Red put in the oven will be "ready" when they return from Alaska? Now that's a slooooowwww cook! Why is Red so confident they would solve the case (especially when Ressler is involved)? 

Nice of the thieves to properly park the trucks in the lake.

The look on Agent Connor's face when Park walked in was funny! Now we get to see the agents that are banished to Alaska in action (and they did nothing).

Ressler with his keen and sharp FBI instincts: "the old man can barley walk, it's not like he's John Dillinger".............and a second later, Maxwell unloads with a shotgun blast (how he missed is the real mystery tonight). 

Was Elodie touching Aram's "package" at the funeral home and at the Post Office?

Why does Aram need a secret meet at midnight (Aram's bedtime is at 10:00)? They are too cheap for a FedEx or meet at Aram's home (Elodie doesn't live with him)?

Park goes undercover, carries her badge to be found, Liz/Ressler leave the vehicle at the right time as Park was probably trying to call for help, the communication device is found/tossed, and the GPS is easily found in truck. At that point, Alaska Triangle was winning 1 to 0.

Elodie could have tried to threatened Aram by saying he was involved in the plot to kill Charles and supplied the poison.

Red arranged for Park and Lussier to meet?!! How did he envision all this happening? He couldn't kidnap and bring him to Maryland?

Park was hunting him for years and Red found him in a few days!

Of course! Liz doesn't secure the scene and is almost shot!

I still don't get why Agent Connor covered for Park. 

Ullulaq needed to be flown all the way to Baltimore?

It would be funny if Ressler's brother was calling to tell him he won the lottery and wanted to share the money with him.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Ressler with his keen and sharp FBI instincts: "the old man can barley walk, it's not like he's John Dillinger".............and a second later, Maxwell unloads with a shotgun blast (how he missed is the real mystery tonight). 

TWICE?

I said to myself, WTF! They were three feet away from the shots.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

This episode of The Blacklist brought to you by the Land Rover Defender.

How do 40 ft shipping containers get in a lake ?  I somehow doubt they were driven into the water.  They were too well placed side by side.

How the hell did that guy miss Ressler or Keane with that shotgun blast ?

Park can drive a tractor-trailer rig.  Not buying that.

"Pack it up, we're pulling stakes" -- didn't Twamie mean "we're pulling up stakes".  Man the writers are so bad on this show.

A bear trap -- seriously ?  This whole nonsense with Park and her dead mom's boyfriend is just beyond stupid.

Ressler ducked behind a tent -- was he expecting the tent to block bullets ?  Because the bad guys saw him go behind the tent -- they just needed to shoot through the tent.

Lizzie: "When it comes to family it's complicated."
Sure, go ahead, break all the laws you want, it's ok because it's about your family.  Except that's not how things work.

Thank goodness the Aram-Elodie nonsense is finally over.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs.  :)

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Maybe Ressler has a 'rye' sense of humor ?  Can't 'wheat' to see what happens next week.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

It seems like there was a different writing crew for this one. When characters had the opportunity to be evasive about something they actually spoke up for a change!

Ressler accidentally shot someone! I guess it helps that the guy was only six feet away. And then at the end of the episode I think he actually got a headshot in on one of mooks! Maybe the cold air is good for his aim or something.

What did Aram arrest Elodie on? Yes he had the confession of the previous Blacklister (or was that guy a Blacklister? This show sometimes drops characters back in expecting me to remember exactly which role they played in some Byzantine scheme from a season ago and who has time for that?) but that blood sample is from way outside the chain of custody. "You see, Your Honor, I had to reach out to the FBI's number one Most Wanted so that he could supply me with the materials I needed for an illegal warrantless search and then I used the ultra-Orthodox Midnight Bicycle Courier system to get that evidence I just stole back to him so he could confirm that there was foul play involved. But my girlfriend is a murderer so there's that."

However, I did get a good laugh out of Aram saying "Shalom!" to the courier.

I am six of one, half a dozen of the other on how I feel about Park being an ice road trucker but I howled at her line about how her feet could barely reach the pedals. So rare of this show to hang a lampshade!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Maybe Ressler has a 'rye' sense of humor ?  Can't 'wheat' to see what happens next week.

LOL. Ressler must have eaten a good amount of barely to have the energy to gotten away from the shotgun blast so fast.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, tljgator said:

Clearly that dude was a Stormtrooper in another life. *shakes head*

Maybe he forgot he purchased a "shotgun proof" couch from IKEA.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Why couldn't Aram simply get a warrant for the blood? And why did the officers arresting Elodie need full SWAT riot gear? A good lawyer will get her off. A good prosecutor would probably drop the charges.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, edhopper said:

A good lawyer will get her off. A good prosecutor would probably drop the charges.

A bad lawyer could get her off and a bad prosecutor wouldn't even take the case. As far as Aram and anyone else knows, the blood-test results were made up by one of Red's pals living in the back of a pool hall. Besides, I'm incredulous that Aram got blood from a dead body in a funeral home because of this:

"In Maryland, there is a law that states that if a deceased remains is being held at a funeral facility 48 hours or more after the death has occurred, that the remains must be either embalmed or refrigerated."

Someone else posted this happened in Maryland, so I went with that.

My first WTH this episode is how the trucks got into the lake to begin with. Or was it just the containers? Why dump them in a lake when they could be repainted and sold, or scrapped for $. Made no sense.

Was Red running drugs/illegal meds in Alaska? I was very unclear on that.

LOL at Lizzie calling Park "an ice-road trucker" when she's driving on a cleared and clean highway. Yeah, there was snow on the sides of the road, but since it snows in most of the lower 48, what was that big deal.

Ressler shoots that guy and Lizzie walks right past the body without checking to see if he was really dead or only party dead and opens the door to the "secret" room. Shot bad guys jump up all the time to shoot again. Doesn't Lizzie watch tv?

I still don't know why the guy grabbed the shotgun to (not) kill Ressler and Lizzie. They didn't have a warrant to come inside as far as I know. And bailing out the back door would make more sense than murdering two federal agents. (It was difficult for me to call Ressler and Lizzie that.)

The guy in the truck is freezing to death. Park gives him her coat, then she's freezing so he gives it back. Then they knock out the bad guy and handcuff him, yet freezing man doesn't take bad guy's coat first, and then all of a sudden he's nice and toasty warm running through the sub-zero freezing Alaska wilderness. Alrighty then.

LOL that the crack FBI team can't hide a GPS on a gigantic semi truck nor have an ear bud small enough to not be seem by some bad guy 100 miles away. Also LOL that Lizzie and Ressler stop to WAIT until the rescue helicopter, which they were told was on its way, arrives, just IN CASE someone at the crash scene needed them. Like the mission they were on, to track Park's truck, wasn't important any more. What a couple of maroons, to quote Bugs Bunny.

Big gunfight! Lizzie and Ressler run into the gun battle with no body armor. I guess Lizzie's fine cable-knit sweater was bullet proof.

Meanwhile, two guys in full SWAT protective coverings, including head gear, walk Elodie out of the basement FBI bunker. WTH. I hope she has a good saving account so she can hire some bad lawyer and then one of her underground pals to put a contract out on Aram. He's such a jackass.

And what's with Lizzie telling Cooper that they all have skeletons that all need to be overlooked. I'm for firing everyone, including Cooper, and getting some fresh faces on that team.

One last thing ... I still don't know what Park did to get her kicked out of Alaska. A little kid shooting up her junkie mom ... so what. But the main question is, so Alaska was the prime FBI location, everyone wants to work there, but Park got kicked out so had to take the crap job in Maryland/DC/NYC? Eh ... right.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Was Red running drugs/illegal meds in Alaska? I was very unclear on that.

I think he was smuggling fragrances (?). He and Dembe flew to Italy because the person who robbed him sold some to the shop owner.

8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

One last thing ... I still don't know what Park did to get her kicked out of Alaska. A little kid shooting up her junkie mom ... so what. But the main question is, so Alaska was the prime FBI location, everyone wants to work there, but Park got kicked out so had to take the crap job in Maryland/DC/NYC? Eh ... right.

Made no sense. I think Park beat up a person and committed some illegal acts to find the boyfriend. She should have been fired. But somehow the agent in charge covered it up and agreed for her to leave/never come back. Poor Park!

13 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

He's such a jackass.

Aram is still not sure if he should break up with her!

17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Also LOL that Lizzie and Ressler stop to WAIT until the rescue helicopter, which they were told was on its way, arrives, just IN CASE someone at the crash scene needed them. Like the mission they were on, to track Park's truck, wasn't important any more. What a couple of maroons, to quote Bugs Bunny.

I never want to hear Liz or Ressler tell Park they have her back.

If a kid set up a hot chocolate stand instead of there being a crash site, Liz and Ressler probably would have stopped to grab a cup and let Park get taken.

• LOL 3
On 4/10/2020 at 12:44 PM, mxc90 said:

Why do I get the feeling Red will end up with the $10 million?!!?

That was his plan all along, right? He has Aram pegged, so he hires some random guy to put on a beard and cassock, tells Aram to meet him at midnight, and then simply ponies up some fake documentation on the blood. Aram follows the trail like a small dog, the entire case goes away, and Red meets with Elodie to split the $10 million. True Red machination.

If Red is the "Concierge of Crime", why is there so much he doesn't know?  He can find the fragrance maker, but needs the FBI to go to Alaska to ferret out some Mags Bennett wannabe? By the way, the Wade Boggs incident is real.  They never have found his plane.

Why were his shipments being routed through Alaska in the first place? Smuggling them back down to the continental US still entails going through customs twice, because there's this country called Canada in the way. Why not turn some customs agent in Seattle?

By the way, Ressler, if you don't want to take your brother's calls (plot point!  Stay tuned!), block the number. Duh.

21 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Big gunfight! Lizzie and Ressler run into the gun battle with no body armor.

This is always a big laugh point for me.  They have an entire heavily armed and armored SWAT team break into a house, and the lead actors are always in front, bareheaded with a minimal vest on.  Plot armor!

Just as a thought, Alaska FBI agents...Make a quick check of public records for land ownership in Alaska.  You might find a description of the land grant to Ulluluq, complete with a location.  Then you wouldn't have been scolded by the great Ressler.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:32 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I guess it makes a difference how it's spelt.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

That was his plan all along, right? He has Aram pegged, so he hires some random guy to put on a beard and cassock, tells Aram to meet him at midnight, and then simply ponies up some fake documentation on the blood. Aram follows the trail like a small dog, the entire case goes away, and Red meets with Elodie to split the $10 million.

That would actually make me love, not just like, that episode. If Glenn shows up as Elodie's lawyer, we know the writers are on the right track.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 4/10/2020 at 9:35 PM, mxc90 said:

When the case is solved,  the salmon Red put in the oven will be "ready" when they return from Alaska?

And Italy, etc.  That immediately stuck out to me, too. Unless he was making salmon jerky, which would fit nicely with the Alaskan theme. And he was, in a way:  https://www.justonecookbook.com/how-to-cook-salmon-salted-salmon/

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And Italy, etc.  That immediately stuck out to me, too. Unless he was making salmon jerky, which would fit nicely with the Alaskan theme. And he was, in a way: https://www.justonecookbook.com/how-to-cook-salmon-salted-salmon/

After a rewatch, Red had the shiozake ready (I will never question his prep time again) but there was no group celebratory meal when they returned. Park stopped by but was in no mood to eat (she had to spill the truth about her mother to her new boss Red). At the post office, Copper and Liz had to discuss/gossip about Park , Aram had to take down the ruthless Elodie and Ressler was left to (dare I say) "work"/ process Twamie Ullulaq. I think Red ate one salmon and threw out the rest.

Also, (In the beginning) Red asked the FBI misfits to look into who stole the shipment. When he flew to Italy, the shop owner gave him the name Twamie Ullulaq way before the FBI put any clues together. He didn't need these jerks at all to go to Alaska. He could have gotten a well armed crew to hit Twamie's camp. I guess Red didn't want to pay for his guys to fly all the way out there, rather have the government pick up the travel expense , waste ammo and time.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1