Type keyword(s) to search

Ok with the time stopping thermos, right after the consciousness switching pod - do the people at the loop make any attempt to keep track of their things?  It’s a dangerous place to live.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Ethan dodged a bullet here. May was way too needy. And her calling him a “cripple” was a big red flag. I love how this series is using sci-fi to explore human relationships.

Dominic Raines from Chicago Fire? Don’t blame mom at all! 😏

• Love 4

I was reminded of the finale of Futurama-where Fry and Leela froze time and spent a lifetime together.

Along with Dark, this show also reminds me of Stranger Things.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 3:12 PM, LittleIggy said:

Ethan dodged a bullet here. May was way too needy. And her calling him a “cripple” was a big red flag. I love how this series is using sci-fi to explore human relationships.

Yeah, I thought Ethan calling her a bitch was a little over the top—but then she said that. And at the end, he said “I love you” in Chinese and she just turned away.

Oh, and let’s not forget she was cheating on Jakob (or, as we know, really Danny) with Ethan, which makes her reaction to discovering her mother’s affair completely hypocritical. But then, children always seem to think their parents exist merely in relation to them and have no inner lives or feelings of their own.

I have to agree, she was a bitch.

I commented last episode that the moral of the story seemed to be that teenagers are self-centered idiots. This one? Same.

Whoever created this series seems to have a real hate for technology. So far in each episode the person mucking around with technology (or whose brilliant idea it was to muck around and drag someone else into it) has been a selfish asshole and someone else has paid the price for it. Alma and her experiment—Loretta pays. Danny and the mind switching—Jakob pays. (Danny too, but I think it was worse for Jakob.) May and time freezing—Ethan pays, and to some extent her mom as well. That little scene where she throws down the earrings that had “magically” disappeared during Mom’s tryst clearly shouted “I know what you’ve been doing”.  Even despite the scene where she mentally compared the expression on her mom’s face to what it normally was, where she should have concluded that her mom does not love her dad and this is the only happiness she can grab.

After the way she behaved in this episode, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see May blackmail her mother.

Edited by CarpeFelis
typo
  • Love 1

Whoever is leaving all of this amazing tech gadgets everyone needs to stop, they keep ending up in the hands of random teens who make really bad choices with them! 

Interesting how, while the episodes are so far self contained more or less, they also have a sort of narrative in the background, and the stories are still connected. Loretta is the first main character, then her son, then her sons girlfriend. So what are the odds that the guy that May and Ethan saw in the bar who they joked about being from a parallel universe actually IS from a parallel or will end up in one or something in a later episode? I also love the random weird  sci-fy tech that litter the landscape, it really adds a really otherworldly feel to the show. 

I totally expected May and Ethan to end up stuck together in the frozen world forever (there was a Twilight Zone episode with a magic time stopping stopwash with a similar plot) but instead may finds out that her mom is cheating on her dad (like mother like daughter) and things fall a part with Ethan when they get into a fight. She even calls him a cripple which, damn harsh! I continue to really like this show and how its using the strange nature of The Loop to explore relationships and peoples own issues. 

• Love 2

When they were having sex in the street the first thought I had was there's a timer on the thermos and time will start again with them in mid coitus.  Then I remembered this isn't a comedy.

The story arc of the past two episodes seems to be be careful what you wish for.  

Another good episode.  I'm hooked.  

On 4/5/2020 at 5:27 PM, CarpeFelis said:

I commented last episode that the moral of the story seemed to be that teenagers are self-centered idiots. This one?

Yeah I'm a little tired of the children-centered episodes. I hope there will be some centered around adult characters. 

I didn't think this one was as good as the first two. All of them seem to start out so slow. This one had an interesting concept but it just didn't seem to go anywhere. Teens stop time, fool around for awhile, get in a fight, start time up again, the end.

I thought it was interesting that when Ethan was distracting Lucas while May stole that clear tube thing out of his truck, Lucas was very animated and happy to converse with Lucas, until May popped up and then all of a sudden he got very quiet. I didn't know what to make of that until the end. He must have known who she was and it threw him.

• Love 2

After two very good episodes, this one was a miss for me.  The ability to stop time is an interesting one to explore but I wasn't interested in either character.

• Love 1

Very much had a Twilight Zone vibe. Stopping time seems great at first but turns into a bummer. Pretty good production values, but I’m not sure my first priority would be doing it in the road. Also looting wouldn’t be too high a priority, but maybe a teenaged viewer would find this liberating. Being in quarantine is similar to how the boy felt after a month with just this girl, too much of one person gets annoying.

• LOL 2
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 5:15 PM, tennisgurl said:

I totally expected May and Ethan to end up stuck together in the frozen world forever (there was a Twilight Zone episode with a magic time stopping stopwash with a similar plot)

I totally thought the same thing!  Wasn't that guy played by Burgess Meredith?

17 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I totally thought the same thing!  Wasn't that guy played by Burgess Meredith?

I think your thinking of Richard Erdman, who was in "A Kind of a Stopwatch" about a guy who got a watch who could freeze time. Burgess Meredith was in a few Twilight Zone episodes, you might be thinking of Time Enough At Last, the famous one where we learn the importance of always having a backup pair of glasses!

18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Burgess Meredith was in a few Twilight Zone episodes, you might be thinking of Time Enough At Last, the famous one where we learn the importance of always having a backup pair of glasses!

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking about!  Thanks, tennisgurl!

• Love 1

Btw, tennisgurl, I was reading up on "Time Enough at Last" and in some survey years ago, people listed this as the episode that they remembered the most from back in the day; far outdistancing the second place episode, "To Serve Man" (which I would have put first!)

5 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Btw, tennisgurl, I was reading up on "Time Enough at Last" and in some survey years ago, people listed this as the episode that they remembered the most from back in the day; far outdistancing the second place episode, "To Serve Man" (which I would have put first!)

I would have thought the William Shatner episode on the airplane or the Billy Mumy episode would have been first.

5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I would have thought the William Shatner episode on the airplane or the Billy Mumy episode would have been first.

I know, right?  Or how about "Eye of the Beholder"?  That's the one that really freaked me out when I was a kid!

• Love 2