Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: A House for Sale and Serious Woman Stuff

Bort
  • Start Topic

When Sheldon learns the house next door is for sale, he takes it upon himself to find the perfect neighbors. Missy is torn when she’s forced to pitch against her boyfriend at the baseball game.

Airdate: Thursday, April 2, 2020

As always, please do not discuss events of The Big Bang Theory that have not “happened” yet. 

Wow, Coach was actually nice trying to help Missy out. Billy brightens my day too.

Nice callback to Sheldon having issues with new neighbors. And of course the faculty wouldn't want to live next door to him.

The end with Missy and Meemaw was exactly what I needed this week.

• Love 20

Missy is awesome. I loved her running all the way to Meemaw's house. I also enjoyed George shouting after her in the stands as she took off, heh. 

Poor Sheldon, all that work, and his new neighbours will be having a baby anyway, heh. 

I loved the continuity with the librarian still being in a neck brace. 

• Love 14

Yup, I agree with everyone: Missy and Meemaw for the win. Especially the little moment about the documentation (and of course the end). Coach was nice, too. 

Boy, Raegan and Iain are getting so tall. 

• Love 8

Missy is a real treat! They hit a home run when they cast this show. The librarian is my favorite teacher, and Sheldon seems to respect her more than the others. Of course, she seems to like him more than the others do.

I'm surprised Sheldon hadn't considered that Pastor Jeff and his wife might have a baby. He must've been blinded by the opportunity to challenge the Pastor simply by shouting over the fence. I bet Pastor hadn't considered that, and I hope the too-close-for-comfort arrangement comes up in future episodes. 

• Love 13

I love how much Missy has developed as a character. It would have been so easy to make her a single-note shallow, dumb twin but she has actually turned out to be a real person. That would be a hard enough job for a seasoned actress, let alone a child. Major kudos to her for pulling that off.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

I bet Pastor hadn't considered that, and I hope the too-close-for-comfort arrangement comes up in future episodes. 

Pastor Jeff might have to build a moat around his house!!  

10 hours ago, Mystery said:

Yup, I agree with everyone: Missy and Meemaw for the win. Especially the little moment about the documentation (and of course the end)

MeeMaw has the right touch when it comes to dealing with each of her grandchildren.  Annie Potts is pure gold in this role. 

• Love 24
(edited)
1 hour ago, sharifa70 said:

I love how much Missy has developed as a character. It would have been so easy to make her a single-note shallow, dumb twin but she has actually turned out to be a real person. That would be a hard enough job for a seasoned actress, let alone a child. Major kudos to her for pulling that off.

And kudos to the writers, too!

Edited by zoey1996
  • Love 4

They were at their best with the Missy stuff this week.  And the Sheldon storyline was pretty good too.

Is this Marcus a new boy, or is he the same one Missy had a crush on before?  All these blonde kids look alike to me.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

He looks different than the 1st crush to me.

That's what I was thinking because wasn't the 1st crush on the same baseball team she's on?  If so, she apparently likes blonde guys.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That's what I was thinking because wasn't the 1st crush on the same baseball team she's on?

I think so because that's why she wanted her Dad to teach her how to play baseball.  These episodes end up becoming a blur in my mind!!

7 hours ago, rmontro said:

Is this Marcus a new boy, or is he the same one Missy had a crush on before?  All these blonde kids look alike to me.

It’s the same boy. He was in the episodes where Missy learns to pitch and when Missy and Georgie go to the mall. He wasn’t named on screen in the previous episodes but CBS has him listed in the press releases. 

That Missy scene when she ran home to MeeMaw was everything 😍😍😍

Superbly written and acted. I could not stop smiling. What a ray of sunshine Missy is.

They balanced Sheldon well this week. I find that Sheldon being Sheldon will always be a pill. I enjoyed this storyline because he was very much Sheldon (I do love him despite his quirks) and a pest but didn't veer towards unpleasant which is always a danger with these characters.

Loved Billy hugging Coach and Coach hugging him back. That was beyond adorable.

The child actors on this show are a marvel. They are all so incredibly natural!!! Billy is so.....Billy. 

• Love 21

Billy is just so adorably doofy you can't help but love him.

I've pretty much loathed Dale's character since he first came on the scene, but the sensitivity he showed towards Missy softened me a bit. 

Jason Alexander continues to be God awful as Mr. Lundy. I know the character is supposed to be a smarmy weasel, but Alexander is way overplaying it and that attempt at a Texas accent is embarrassing. Please don't bring him back. 

Sheldon's worst nightmare of a pregnant neighbor coming true at the end was a spectacular finish. 

• Love 12
On 4/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, sharifa70 said:

On 4/3/2020 at 12:07 PM, zoey1996 said:

And kudos to the writers, too!

A huge YES to both of these. Actors can only work with the material they are given. I think this applies to all of the characters, not just Missy. Georgie could have easily just have been a dumb girl crazy teenager, but they've shown he's a great guy with a real head for business.  George could have been a football crazy Dad who is more like another kid, but we've seen him be an actual parent to all three of his kids. I know the show is Young Sheldon, but it's an ensemble cast and so much the better for it. 

• Love 21

Well finally they've created an excuse for Pastor Jeff to appear more in the episodes. Matt Hobby has been promoted to the regular cast in the beginning of the season 3 but yet we've seen him less than Dr. Sturgis or Dale.

Although the Missy's storyline was great, I think it was a medium episode, not bad but not good either. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I know the show is Young Sheldon, but it's an ensemble cast and so much the better for it. 

I suspect if it was all focused on Sheldon, it wouldn't have lasted 3 seasons...

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jason Alexander continues to be God awful as Mr. Lundy. I know the character is supposed to be a smarmy weasel, but Alexander is way overplaying it and that attempt at a Texas accent is embarrassing. Please don't bring him back. 

This. So much. I was happy we were getting a new episode after several weeks of reruns, but when I saw Jason Alexander in the cast list, I cringed. I really don't need to see him in any more episodes.

3 hours ago, Beetlepoet said:

Well finally they've created an excuse for Pastor Jeff to appear more in the episodes. Matt Hobby has been promoted to the regular cast in the beginning of the season 3 but yet we've seen him less than Dr. Sturgis or Dale.

And this doesn't make me happy either. He is, by far, the weakest recurring character on the show IMO. I don't mind his new wife and I really like the chain-smoking, parish secretary. If the writers are intent on giving Pastor Jeff more air time, they'd better step up their game as far as his character goes.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, ProudMary said:
3 hours ago, Beetlepoet said:

And this doesn't make me happy either. He is, by far, the weakest recurring character on the show IMO. I don't mind his new wife and I really like the chain-smoking, parish secretary. If the writers are intent on giving Pastor Jeff more air time, they'd better step up their game as far as his character goes.

I agree. I am glad they went this route rather than more scenes at church. Pairing him with the other Cooper’s may improve his character. He and Mary agree on too many things for it to be interesting.

His best scene all season was his phone call with Missy when she was feeling conflicted over the Ouija board.  

48 minutes ago, Dani said:

His best scene all season was his phone call with Missy when she was feeling conflicted over the Ouija board.

That's because it had Missy in it.  She's the best.

• Love 5
On 4/4/2020 at 10:58 AM, Mellowyellow said:

The child actors on this show are a marvel. They are all so incredibly natural!!! Billy is so.....Billy. 

You know what they say, never share the stage with children or animals.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:27 PM, Beetlepoet said:

Matt Hobby has been promoted to the regular cast in the beginning of the season 3 but yet we've seen him less than Dr. Sturgis or Dale.

Speaking of Dr. Sturgis, we haven't seen him for awhile now.  Maybe we've seen the last of him,  maybe that was their way of writing him off the show.  Or maybe he'll just be downgraded to the occasional special appearance.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, BitterApple said:

Sheldon's worst nightmare of a pregnant neighbor coming true at the end was a spectacular finish. 

And honestly, I couldn't fault him for this one. I live in a condo complex and had a baby upstairs several years ago (til thankfully the family decided to buy a house) and the kid's screaming in the middle of the night drove me nuts. And I'm a (supposedly!) normal adult, nowhere near Sheldon and his various issues.

IMO the whole storyline with Pastor Jeff not realizing Mary might be hesitant to have him next door was a little off. I get that everyone has their "d'oh" moments, but overall Pastor Jeff isn't a doofus, nor is he insensitive. I guess he was just so caught up in the joy of looking for a house with his new bride (and legit does like Mary and the rest of the Coopers) that he didn't think of it from her POV. But still.

• Love 4

I loved the talk between Missy and Meemaw.  Where Meemaw took the time to ask about what having a boyfriend was like in Missy's world instead of jumping to any conclusions.  Reminded me of how my mom interacts with my niece.

• Love 4

I completely understand Sheldon's concern about new neighbors. Been there, worried about that, lol. 

Missy getting all dreamy-eyed over a boy is the cutest, and takes me back to those awkward preteen years. Not a time I'd like to relive, but I sure understand what she's going through!

• Love 3

Love the Missy/Meemaw talk! Not quite sure the difference between a "hot tea conversation" and an "Iced tea conversation" (unless Meemaw adds alcohol to her iced tea, I suppose)

No way is the Cooper house "a dump". Of course, "tiny" rooms in TV houses are generally big enough to hold state banquets in, so maybe it's more run down than it looks.

I'm sure Sheldon would approve of a boyfriend who provides documentation. And while I've never been a 10 year old girl, that ending felt very real!

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 1:57 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Wow, Coach was actually nice trying to help Missy out.

Well, Meemaw was clearly fairly "persuasive".

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:33 PM, BitterApple said:

I've pretty much loathed Dale's character since he first came on the scene, but the sensitivity he showed towards Missy softened me a bit.

As a person he's pretty loathsome, but he does seem to be a good coach. He was even considerate towards Billy.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 4:47 PM, ChitChat said:

Pastor Jeff might have to build a moat around his house!

Or maybe an ark?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2