Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Spartan Girl

Quarantine Watching: Movies to Cope

1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

I drunk bought The Blues Brothers the other day because it's one of my favorite musicals. (Even if it's only for the scene at Ray's Music Exchange... that's what tips it over to musical for me.)

Obviously I have no regrets.

Yes! Another perfect movie for now! Oh John Belushi, I miss you so much. We could've used you for laughs right now, but nooooooooooo....

• Like 7

I watched Spaceballs twice on Monday. It was the first time in years I had watched it from the beginning, it's so hilarious!

• Like 10

I re-watched The Road Warrior last weekend.  They'd have been fighting over toilet paper or a tankerful of hand sanitizer now.

• Laugh 7

4 hours ago, Popples said:

I watched Spaceballs twice on Monday. It was the first time in years I had watched it from the beginning, it's so hilarious!

I love that movie. Its so funny!

• Like 4

I watched Convoy.   I have no shame in admitting this.   I never realized Kris Kristofferson was so hot.    Stupid movie but not badly stupid.    Better than Sharknado.  

• Like 2

I'm going to watch War of the Roses at 7 eastern on the Ovation channel.  Can't wait!

• Like 2

The Greatest Showman is a great mood lifter 

• Like 4

If you're like me and been feeling a lot of rage these days, I recommend Inglourious Basterds. Especially that last sequence at the theater. Its very soothing.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

If you're like me and been feeling a lot of rage these days, I recommend Inglourious Basterds. Especially that last sequence at the theater. Its very soothing.

I love that movie! Its so much fun watching them killing Nazis. Its only Tarantino movie that I've ever watched and wanted to watch. And the end its so great. I expected something to happen to prevent that since it didn't happen in real life. But it did. And yes its so soothing watching it happened. The only thing I do hate is I wish they killed that one high Nazi who figured out what was going on and helped them. Come on, Pitt takes him all the way out into the woods but then doesn't kill him? Why not? He could easily kill him and get away with it. He already made the remarked about his bosses being unhappy. So then just kill him. He deserved it. But other then that. Its a great movie. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I love that movie! Its so much fun watching them killing Nazis. Its only Tarantino movie that I've ever watched and wanted to watch. And the end its so great. I expected something to happen to prevent that since it didn't happen in real life. But it did. And yes its so soothing watching it happened. The only thing I do hate is I wish they killed that one high Nazi who figured out what was going on and helped them. Come on, Pitt takes him all the way out into the woods but then doesn't kill him? Why not? He could easily kill him and get away with it. He already made the remarked about his bosses being unhappy. So then just kill him. He deserved it. But other then that. Its a great movie. 

Well, the movie ending with his screams of agony as they carved a swatstika into his forehead almost makes up for it.

My one gripe is that Shoshanna didn't live to witness her revenge. Worse, she wound up getting killed by the douchey Nice Guy Nazi because she had a moment of misplaced pity after she shot him. When she heard him moan she should have just fired another bullet into the back of his head. He was a fucking Nazi, she didn't owe him shit!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I actually like that Landa was spared, but marked.  Now he has to live the rest of his life with a brand he cannot cover.  He was a snake who jumped ship when it was convenient for him, and cut a deal to avoid prosecution.  

• Like 1

Did I mention Bend it Like Beckham? LOVE IT!

And gems like this one:

After Jules’ mum accused Jess of being a lesbian at her sister’s wedding, in front of ALL her family, one of the aunties says:

”Lesbian? Her birthday’s in March. She’s a Pisces.”

😂😂😂😂😂

”No she’s not Lebanese. She’s Punjabi “ by Tony’s mum.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jess’s mum is just like mine! The ranting about “running half naked” whenever I would wear shorts and when she said No more football (American) for you! when puberty hit.

Or when Joe is about to kiss Jess after the wedding and she hesitates and Joe pulls back and says Your father’s not here, is he?”

• Like 10

Or when Tony tells Jess that he’s gay, her reaction just makes me 😂😂😂

”But, you’re...Indian! 

I swear, once the World is safe and I visit my parents, I’m gonna watch this again with me mum. Just to point my finger at her and tell her that she’s Sukhi!!😂😂😂

And this isn’t a movie, and only available on Netflix, but Trevor Noah’s Afraid of the Dark for his accents alone! His Russian and Indian ones had me 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 6

I know I already mentioned Continental Divide earlier on this thread, but I watched it again last night and I so wish I could just hide in the mountains like John Belushi and Blair Brown until this whole miserable mess is over.

And I only just found out that Allen Garfield, who played Belushi's editor in the movie, died of covid back in April. Man, fuck this year!!!

• Like 2