Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Baby Steps

Kohola3
  • Start Topic

Maddie thinks she's in labor, but it's a false alarm, so Kody heads back to Flagstaff; Kody and Robyn are at wits' end over their struggle to close on her house; Kody and Meri head to their therapist in Vegas, where the brutal truth comes out.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Maddie thinks she's in labor, but it's a false alarm, so Kody heads back to Flagstaff; Kody and Robyn are at wits' end over their struggle to close on her house; Kody and Meri head to their therapist in Vegas, where the brutal truth comes out.

Maddie wasn't in labor - that was all show for the cameras.  She's been through this before and knows what real labor feels like.

I can't wait to see the "brutal truth" come out.  I wonder if Meri is going to finally leave?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Maddie wasn't in labor - that was all show for the cameras

Yeah, that was just the description for the episode from the online TV Guide.  Thus the problem with showing crap that happened eons ago.  How old is that kid now?  Old enough to have given a magazine spread or two by now. 

Nothing new to see here, folks.  Move on.

• Love 12
Just now, Kohola3 said:

Yeah, that was just the description for the episode from the online TV Guide.  Thus the problem with showing crap that happened eons ago.  How old is that kid now?  Old enough to have given a magazine spread or two by now. 

Nothing new to see here, folks.  Move on.

Oh I knew you were giving the recap for the coming episode! 😄

I was just snarking about Maddie.  And other than one or two idiots, the majority of the viewing audience was bored out of their minds.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

admittedly it was past my bed time last night when I watched the show on the dvr.   Is that the description for next Sunday because the last thing i recall before i drifted off to sleep was the arrival of Kody and Christine.  Not sure why they needed either of them since Janelle was already on scene.  Plus they are all at a hotel?  

• Love 5

I am literally dreading Maddie's pedantic explanations of her prodromal labor.   With Axel, it was 80 hours of her Braxton Hicks that we endured right along with her before she actually got down to business and went into actual labor.

And now, Janelle has a new word of the day to impress us with, prod-ro-mal.  Thanks Maddie and Janelle, billions of people have over time been born without resorting to a $10 word to describe discomfort before actual labor.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I am literally dreading Maddie's pedantic explanations of her prodromal labor.   With Axel, it was 80 hours of her Braxton Hicks that we endured right along with her before she actually got down to business and went into actual labor.

And now, Janelle has a new word of the day to impress us with, prod-ro-mal.  Thanks Maddie and Janelle, billions of people have over time been born without resorting to a $10 word to describe discomfort before actual labor.

I was thinking the same thing.  Braxton Hicks.  Uncomfortable but normal and not 86 hours of labor.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, toodles said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Braxton Hicks.  Uncomfortable but normal and not 86 hours of labor.

Agree.  Even the midwife would have probably sent her to the hospital if that were the case.

5 hours ago, Twopper said:

admittedly it was past my bed time last night when I watched the show on the dvr.   Is that the description for next Sunday because the last thing i recall before i drifted off to sleep was the arrival of Kody and Christine.  Not sure why they needed either of them since Janelle was already on scene.  Plus they are all at a hotel?  

They needed someone to stay with Axel, while they were at the birthing center.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was in the hospital over a week before I had my daughter due to me developing a serious medical condition.  They kept me on the L&D ward.  I became close to many nurses and heard lots of stuff during my 12 days on the ward (but couldn't see anything outside of my room for 12 days). 

Every time I would hear SCREAMING, every nurse on the floor would come in to "reassure" me.  They would say "she's decided to go the natural root" or "despite everyone telling her, she's didn't want the epidural." Many of the nurses said that a lot of these women had weren't doing it for any reason other than to PROVE how strong and awesome mamas they were.  

This is Maddie to me.  Let me moan and scream and keep myself awake for DAYS to truly be miserable to prove how awesome I am.  Its one of those crazy fundamentalist/Evangelical things that drives me nuts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  Even the midwife would have probably sent her to the hospital if that were the case.

They needed someone to stay with Axel, while they were at the birthing center.  

Silly me;  I thought that was why Janelle was in town.    Also I do remember that there was a road sign that indicated they were in Chapel Hill which is about an hour and a half from Greenville ( if that's where they live) so I guess everyone  is staying in a hotel in Chapel Hill.  I guess TLC is paying because booking a last minute flight is usually more expensive.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

And now, Janelle has a new word of the day to impress us with, prod-ro-mal. 

I know a LOT of words (former English teacher) but this one, I'd never encountered before! Maybe because I don't have kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

I know a LOT of words (former English teacher) but this one, I'd never encountered before! Maybe because I don't have kids.

We can be sure it will be bandied about in the next two episodes.  I have 3 kids, 8 grands and 6 great grands, have never heard it before either.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

They were in a hotel close to the birthing centre, which is a couple of hours from Maddie's house (great idea when your husband travels a lot for work).  It looked like Kootie & Christine may have brought Ysabel with them too. I wonder if Christine stayed until Vanga arrived and if they stayed in the hotel the whole time or went back to Maddie's until she was really in labour.

• Useful 7
5 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

This is Maddie to me.  Let me moan and scream and keep myself awake for DAYS to truly be miserable to prove how awesome I am.  Its one of those crazy fundamentalist/Evangelical things that drives me nuts. 

Thankfully Mariah doesn't plan to be the one who gives birth.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I've only seen the ad for next week and read the description above.  It's more Brown revisionist spin.  

• Nancy is shocked that Kody & Meri's marriage is dead-ended.  She is the premier therapist-to-the-polygamist-stars and their counselor for a decade or more now.  Why would that be news to her?
  • Kody regrets his fast courtship to Meri.  The Browns have lectured us on their spiritual callings, polygamist courtship rituals, and the Brown parents have all pushed their children for quick engagements (unless it's Mariah's) to harvest the TLC dollar.
  • Kody's "being done hearing how [he's] wrong" is probably totally unrelated to his relationship to Meri.  I'm anticipating that he's going to report that Robyn was right about renting, because of a delay in their closing.
  • The timeline is completely blurred: So, Kody left North Carolina, because he needed to sign papers in Arizona, but had time to drive to Las Vegas with Meri to rehash their unsalvageable relationship, while Maddie's in Hour 12 of her 86-hour labor.  The only real time marker is Meri's LulaNo striped shirt, which she'd been shilling in her social media.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
On 3/31/2020 at 10:34 PM, deirdra said:

Thankfully Mariah doesn't plan to be the one who gives birth.

I'm sure if Mariah does ever plan to give birth she will develop several yoga positions that will ease the labor and she will find a zen state of mind to transfix herself.  She will completely transform the birth procedure and advise all gynecologists and mothers-to-be on her Woke method.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm sure if Mariah does ever plan to give birth she will develop several yoga positions that will ease the labor and she will find a zen state of mind to transfix herself.  She will completely transform the birth procedure and advise all gynecologists and mothers-to-be on her Woke method.

Mariah said this season that it's never happening.  Audrey would be the one to carry the baby... but from what people keep saying, they may not be a couple any more.  They used to post pics of each other all of the time and now they never do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She will completely transform the birth procedure and advise all gynecologists and mothers-to-be on her Woke method.

If that were ever to happen I guarantee she will be totally pumped full of drugs from start to finish.  She is all about "self care".  She might do things off camera and lie about the awesome journey of her uterus but she wouldn't last 5 minutes in labor.  It's her privilege to live life pain free.

8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Audrey would be the one to carry the baby..

Yeah, that's the only scenario I could see happening.  And Sludge would be forced to have it natural to avoid being called a weakling.  Pudge would hound her into using yoga and meditation and berate her if she didn't.  Pudge, you understand, just knows in the wokeness of herself what everyone else in the world should be doing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

And post pics of birth books and coffee to exclaim how special she is. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

On TLC there is an ad for today's episode and Robyn talks about how difficult it was to close on the new "not a rental" $890,000 house.  Apparently it was tough to close because they needed everyone's financial information since their finances are all intertwined.  Even though it is only Robyn and Kody's name on the house they needed Janelle and Christine (and I'd assume Meri's) financial information.  Personally if I was Meri I wouldn't offer it up.   I'd watch the heck out of an episode that explained how they finance all this real estate!!

• Love 23

Why would the non-legal wives need to give up their info? I mean Robyn IS the LEGAL wife if ya'll didn't know. So did everyone have to pony up info for Janelle's and Christine's house? This is very confusing and I know nothing about unreality estate.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Why would the non-legal wives need to give up their info? I mean Robyn IS the LEGAL wife if ya'll didn't know. So did everyone have to pony up info for Janelle's and Christine's house? This is very confusing and I know nothing about unreality estate.

Kody and Robyn may have used the equity in the lots as part collateral for the mortgage on the house.  The titles to the lots are a maze of interconnecting vines, with Kody on some of them and possibly Robyn on others.

• Useful 10
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

What happened to the story that Kody and Robyn gave last episode that they are renting the house until they closed on it?  If someone is not acting in bad faith—either the buyer or the seller—why wouldn’t they be able to move their furniture in while they pay “astronomical” rent on the place?  Also, I thought the house came furnished?  What are they going to do with the Uahuls once they close?  It seems like someone’s operating in bad faith...and the eight ball says it’s Robyn, who still wants to back out of this deal and hit the road to Sedona!  What a bitchy victim. 

The house is furnished since it was a vacation rental. Last week Kootie mentioned that they would own two houses worth of furniture.  I don't know how they thought they were going to unload the trucks even if the house closed on time. Were they planning to pick each piece of furniture to keep or sell in the driveway?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kody isn’t up for any criticism whatsoever, and some of the adult children hate Mary (anyone else dying to know which ones???)

oh yes,  I am! That among many other things might actually make this show interesting. But they're all so fake and trying (unsuccessfully) to maintain this polygamy is wonderful facade. And I agree that it's Cody and Robyn basically in a monogamous relationship, with the others just hanging on because they know no other way (Christine), need the Lifetime paycheck (Meri) or are content to be part of the family without having a husband/wife relationship (Janelle).

• Love 21
(edited)

And he was saying that they put an offer on the house and hoped it would close in a couple of days. I have never heard of that happening even if you are paying cash and they weren't. Inspections, appraisals need to be completed along with surveys. Is someone cosigning the mortgages for these clowns? I hadn't thought about the financial mess with Kody's name probably on Christine's loan, and possibly on Meri and Janelle's rental agreements along with joint bank accounts and credit cards. How they qualify for any type of loan is a huge mystery.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, suomi said:

If she has good relationships outside the family it's because they are superficial. Nothing deep and meaningful and lasting is at stake in her LLR friendships - they are easy come, easy go. They are not the foundation of a life, just the final coat of paint.

I know you can't stand Meri - that's how I feel about Robyn, lol.

But this last paragraph is SPOT ON!!

• Love 24
27 minutes ago, taragel said:

Kody basically just spent an hour telling the camera he regrets ever marrying her, finds her to be a miserable, whiny, defensive witch, and does not want a romantic relationship with her. Oh and he's only with her because he once made a commitment to her that he now feels he never should have made. AND that was officially dissolved years ago when they DIVORCED. I mean aside from "for the show/TLC paycheck" there is absolutely no reason for them to prolong this.

Whoo they are exhausting even when they are being semi-truthful.

I suspect that they offered up this therapy session to keep the TLC paychecks coming in.  They still have nothing going on.  Maddie gave birth a year or more ago;.  Mariah's not going to get married for another 1-2 years.  Aspyn probably has a year or more before she becomes a sister wife, and the other children disappeared.  And none of those storylines or characters are interesting.

The therapy visits will be few and far between, and in the interim, we'll see dumb arguments in the Coyote Pass U-Haul parking lot.

• Love 21

Meri and Kody are two years apart in age but did not attend the same high school and were not high school sweethearts. 

"On Oct. 20, 1989, I met up with my new friend who was visiting from out of town. At that time, she introduced me to Kody, her brother. During that weekend while she was visiting, the three of us hung out together, shopping, going to movies and just having fun together. After she went home, I figured that would probably be the last I would see of Kody for a while. Not so!" explained Meri on the official show page.

Meri said she fell for Brown when she was 19.

"A couple weeks later on Christmas Eve - yes, two months after we met - he gave me a ring and asked me to marry him," she added.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/kody-brown-sister-wives/story?id=38331357

At that same link to excerpts from their book, listen to Janelle omit her marriage to Meri's brother:

"Meri had brought him to a gathering to introduce him to her friends. When he walked into the room I looked at him and had that feeling of remembering something I had forgotten. It was a singular experience," she writes.

"It didn't occur to me when I met Kody to think of him in any other way than as Meri's fiance. I even attended Meri and Kody's wedding reception. I had known Meri's family for several years before the night I met Kody so it was natural for me to be at their house from time to time. Over the next few years I would see them occasionally. Eventually, Kody and I became as good of friends as Meri and I were," she added.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

On 3/31/2020 at 7:59 AM, Sandy W said:

I had to pipe in an say, true prodromal labor is a real bitch. I had it with all 3 kids. Weeks of false labor, for hours. 

It's the most exhausted I've ever been. I couldn't wait till the baby came so I could sleep a solid 2-3 hours without contractions. The only way I knew I was in true labor was when my water would break. 

Episode wise, I played games and looked up mask patterns, so it was obviously riveting.  I wish I could be paid to be so boring. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

No doubt this began when Kody married her. The core culprit? Kody!

She admitted as much to being this way even as a kid.  She said you had to speak up for yourself if you wanted something.  I think she avoided showing her true colors until it was time for Kody to go wife shopping.  While they admitted to having marriage troubles when Robyn came on the scene, they looked like they were a couple in love.

• Love 11
(edited)
18 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

On TLC there is an ad for today's episode and Robyn talks about how difficult it was to close on the new "not a rental" $890,000 house.  Apparently it was tough to close because they needed everyone's financial information since their finances are all intertwined.  Even though it is only Robyn and Kody's name on the house they needed Janelle and Christine (and I'd assume Meri's) financial information.  Personally if I was Meri I wouldn't offer it up.   I'd watch the heck out of an episode that explained how they finance all this real estate!!

The thing that got me was Robyn immediately blaming the bank situation on polygamy (always persecuted) when in reality the bank was probably making them jump through hoops because they have a history of shitty credit and bankruptcies.

Now on another note when they were at Maddie's and Kody was saying goodbyes I couldn't believe it when Christine said to Kody "look in on my girls while you're there"... huh!?!?!!!.. Isn't that why he's leaving???.. Oh wait..dumb me I forgot he was rushing back to Robyn and her kids! DUH!!!... The girls at Christine's can fend for themselves because Robyn is bedridden with a hang nail and Arreola just shit her diaper.

The other thing that I noticed was when Kody was at the U-Haul van with Robyn looking for toys and he blurts out something about all the pillows he has and Robyn immediately clarified that not ALL the pillows were at Robins, only 6 or 7... and he has pillows at other wives houses too!!....ya right... He spoke without thinking and Robyn quickly jumped in to do damage control.

I cringed when they played the preview for the next episode and all I could hear was Maddie SCREAMING & HOLLERING in the tub... Jeez go to hospital and get an epidural...  There's no prize for toughest mom who suffered the most!  🙄  can't stand that shit, they push the idea of natural birth and these stupid women go along with it... UGH!!!... There's no way men would go along with it if the shoe was on the other foot. 

During the session with Nancy you could tell Kody can't stand Meri.... JMO but I think he's trying to dump her without too many repercussions from Meri's fans.👹👺😈😲

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Love 24