Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Good Mother

• Start Topic

It's so weird, when you think about the OG show and the books, to think of a situation where Max would be dead and Liz would not have gone to Maria about it, because Maria doesn't know Max is an alien. Like...wut. 

And I did enjoy Liz's scenes with Cam and Isobel last night, but before actually watching this show, who could've called "Liz turns to Max's old FWB partner for comfort over his death while Maria remains clueless he is an alien currently floating lifelessly in a defective pod."

• Love 3
On 4/2/2020 at 1:50 AM, Emily Thrace said:

Am I the only one who noticed that both Alien women look a hell of a lot like Cameron? So much so I actually thought it was her for a second and was like woah. I think the whole spiel about Roswell feeling like home was a hint and Cameron was actually seeking out Max and her ancestors. I think Cameron might actually be the new Tess. Of course it could just be the casting director has a type but Cameron has always seemed to be hiding something.

Cameron looks so much like Isobel that in the first season I regularly got confused as to which was which. I just thought it was typical casting director predilection for tall blondes but maybe it's deliberate.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, Dizzychickstar said:

Glad y’all said it first. I actually couldn’t tell Isobel and Cam apart during the first episodes or so in season one.

Yip

On 4/6/2020 at 10:48 AM, Cristofle said:

It's disappointing that Liz and Maria's friendship feels so shallow in this version.

I mean, this segues into my main criticism of the show overall. ALL the relationships feel shallow. Every single one of them. 

And part of the reason is this

On 4/3/2020 at 12:51 PM, phoenics said:

I felt the same way about that scene - I wanted to see Michael tell her who and what he is... it's not fair we didn't get to see her reaction.

They jump into a scene for people to deliver pertinent angsty dialogue and then bounce right out again. It's shallow. But it also results in me never knowing who knows what or who has told who what. We just have to assume that now Maria knows everything. But does she? What specifically was she told? And how? We have no idea.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:23 PM, RachelKM said:

As I indicated in my earlier post, I'm ver leery of adding in a separate mythology beyond the alien mythology.  That is a lot of world building and a lot to juggle.  Plus, I'm not sure how it counters stereotypes to have Maria inherit her gift from a human folklore, even if it's white ethnicity folklore. 

This is a far nicer way to put it than I would have, which is keep your superstitious nonsense off my science fiction show. I mean, it may be a ridiculous science fiction show with bad science. But at least it's still science.

Speaking of crappy science - does the Serum of Alien Death and the Serum of Alien Life need to be ingested, injected into the veins, or pumped straight into the heart. Because they keep doing all of those things and it's annoying me far more than I should. 

Edited by AudienceofOne