Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
tessaray

Almost Paradise

I do hope the development with the daughter will ease his heart condition. 

I don't know if I need the show to keep digging into Walker's past because it's clear they're showing him settling down there and making a new home, but I'd like to see coming to terms with the exwife.

They clearly left the door open for the daughter to return, but I don't think she needs to always be in peril. 

• Like 1

I like that Alex got closure with his former partner so hopefully some of the stress will start lessening.  Also liked how the whole department (or floor) volunteered to help Alex find his daughter. 

Did not necessarily care for the daughter-lots of children don't see their parents for long periods of time, and, no, problems (drugs) don't disappear, but how much worse would the drug issue be if Alex hadn't been trying to help resolve it?  So many lives ruined through drugs-maybe he was able to save even just one person from losing/destroying their life due to drugs.  I'm a teacher-have I wasted my life because there are still people who are illiterate?  Or, have I been able to have a positive impact on at least some students who will then have opportunities through their lifetimes that they may not have had otherwise?  One person does not carry the responsibility to resolve an entire problem/issue-just do one's best to help others.

Enjoy this show, really hope it gets renewed!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Also liked how the whole department (or floor) volunteered to help Alex find his daughter. 

I did like the subtle execution of the scene. They showed everyone just working when he entered the station. 

14 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

One person does not carry the responsibility to resolve an entire problem/issue-just do one's best to help others.

I don't think he got the chance to communicate that to her because he had the attack, but I think the show made a better narrative choice by showing Kai, Ernesto, and the *chief* showing up, with the chief demanding to see Walker. And then showing the little girl come in to give him the crystal. 

I'd like to see some growth if the daughter returns. She might think she's going to save everyone in the peacecorps, but she'll find out that she's only going to be able to do so much. 

• Like 1

If there is a Season 2, I hope they show Season 1 again before the start of the new season.  I started watching the series and ended up missing several episodes.

Anyway, I like the series.  I like the characters, especially Ernesto.  I like that all the people on the local police force seem to be badass martial artists.  I like how the relationships are all evolving and I like how the locals have seemingly come to accept and care for Alex as "one of us."

The writing for the Evelyn character seemed to be a little heavy-handed to start with; I liked that everything wasn't all unrealistically "sunshine-and-roses" at the end.  I did wonder whether she was really in the Peace Corps after Alex asked why she needed to know martial arts in the Peace Corps.  Maybe she's in US Military Special Ops?

I thought it was great when Alex described Kai as "one of my best friends" while his ex-partner was holding him at gunpoint.

• Like 2

Here's the latest:

Almost Paradise has wrapped its first season on WGN America, and the series has not yet been renewed for a second season. However, series creator Dean Devlin spoke about what fans could see in a second season in an interview with Assignment X.

Devlin talked about the island on the WGN America series, and he revealed that “the island of Mactan is a character in our show and we want to explore that character much farther.” He also noted that, in season two, the show would continue to evolve “evolving into new directions, while maintaining it’s fun core. We’re excited to see where that can lead us.”

Viewers may also see some more of the characters introduced in season two of Almost Paradise. Devlin wants to bring back Uncle Danny (Richard Kind) for more in the second season.almost-paradise-scaled-e1591061979816.jpg.7ff0e86ebac5f8b1d707c2d93a3b1984.jpg

• Like 1

there was a facebook live video cast last night with Dean Devlin, Christian and the whole cast and crew.  It was great to see everyone and they talked about what a fun time they had with the production and having to evacuate before they could even have a wrap party.  A couple of crew even were stuck there.  

https://www.facebook.com/almostparadisetv/videos/288225782223090

Towards the end, like the last minute, Dean mentions that WGN isn't picking them up for season 2 because they are going all news (because we need yet another news station).  But, there's a possiblility of another home.  He'll be anouncing something in July.

• Like 1

I really hope they find a new home, and one that treats them well.  I have really enjoyed this show, and it's mix of fun and drama.  In this crazy time, it's been a little sparkle of joy.  Not that the world would stop if it were gone--but a little happiness would be gone for me.  I really like Ernesto and would like to see more of him, though I almost suspect him of having a drama-free personal story.  He has a wonderful level of calm and peace even in the chaos, and a sense of humor about what happens.  I like Alex and Kai too, and the little girl is adorable, and I like the resort manager and Ocampo too.  I would hate to see this show go away.

• Like 3

Ah that would explain the commercials. I record and watch the day after but I saw something like WGN America or some such. 

I can't imagine the show is too expensive to produce since it was on wgn. 

Although I like all the options for content now, I do kind of miss the days of syndicated shows where you had cool shows like this on weird fucking channels like Tuesdays at 1045 or some shit that went on for four years. 

That aside, this could be good for Hulu or tbs. 

• Like 1

There was a FB post where they said the show was going to be broadcast on a free channel sometime over the summer and if it does well for 2 months, it may get renewed.

they will announce the new channel soon.

• Like 1