Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: The Mother of Exiles

• Start Topic

On 4/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, Growsonwalls said:

A comparison I'd make is Nikolaj Coster Waldau as Jaime. Not a bad actor but not really convincing as a super-villain. So the writers gradually wrote the character to more fit the actor's skill set (except for the ending, we won't ever speak of that).

Jaime isn't a super-villain in the books. By the time he gets his POV chapters you realize he fits more into the trope of anti-hero. I found him to be quite sympathetic a lot of the time and he is a tragic character.  And quite frankly with the way Benioff and Weiss fucked up GOT the only way I can salvage any enjoyment of this universe is to stick by the books, unfinished as they are.

My problem with Westworld most of the time is that the writers enjoy their cleverness and trickery so much that I find it hard to emotionally invest in the characters.  As much as GOT left a bitter taste in my mouth I never had that problem with GOT.

• Love 5
On 4/9/2020 at 4:58 PM, Kid said:

First, I have a Masters degree in theater and I was an actress.  So I have experience and training.  In my opinion, Evan Rachel Wood playing Dolores can’t act very well.  It was bearable when she was surrounded by actors that were superb - Ed Harris,  Jeffrey Wright, Anthony Hopkins, Thandie Newton, and the actor who played Delos, to name a few.  Some of those excellent actors are gone all together and, those who remain, have much smaller involvement. Especially in this episodeS

What's the standard by which you're judging Evan Rachel Wood?  Do we currently have humanoid robots who've achieved consciousness, and I've been missing out?  

• Love 1
On 4/12/2020 at 5:26 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

What's the standard by which you're judging Evan Rachel Wood?  Do we currently have humanoid robots who've achieved consciousness, and I've been missing out?  

Jeffrey Wright and Thandie Newton - that is the standard by which I am judging.  As one poster here said, ERH each may be out of her wheelhouse.  And that may be the case. Whatever the reason, I believe she’s terrible in this role.

I am waaaayyy late to this party, but what the hell happened to this show? It is unrecognizable from season 1. I've seen people compare it to The Matrix. My first thought was a crappy Blade Runner. Maybe if The Matrix and Blade Runner had a dumb baby it would be this show. This is not the show I signed up to watch.

And I cannot stand that at this point everyone is a host, and they are all Dolores. Just no. I think it's the end for me. We lost HBO when we changed streaming services so we missed this season, and I was so excited to have access through my AT&T for now so I could watch this. Not so much now that it's the Dolores Show. Call me crazy, but I miss the murder park.......

• Love 1