Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Not Going Down Without a Fight

druzy
  • Start Topic

Cheyenne throws her first fundraising event for VLCAD support. Amber’s custody battle takes a turn when Andrew petitions to move James to CA. Maci strives to support PCOS Awareness Month. Mackenzie tries to file for divorce but Josh refuses to sign.

Airs March 31, 2020

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, missbonnie said:

Gary Shirley is a freaking saint and Amber Portman should be permanently removed from the show and put in a long term intensive treatment center. 

He is a saint, but he’s starting to lose me. Quit taking Amber’s fucking phone calls. 

These fucking people! 😡🖕🏻

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

He is a saint, but he’s starting to lose me. Quit taking Amber’s fucking phone calls. 

These fucking people! 😡🖕🏻

I'm assuming that the reason he does take her calls is because someday Leah will see this shit show and it will be a comfort that at least her dad tried to help her mom. 

• Love 23

So, if Catelynn’s friend, who is a drug addict looking at time, jumps bond, she is on the hook for three grand?  Hell no.  That’s how friends turn into debtors and creditors.  In this case, it’s turning friends into jailers and prisoners, if Catelynn has to be responsible for her.  Sometimes the best thing an addict can do is dry out in jail.  Also, they will say whatever they need to say to get their way at the time.  I wouldn’t let her stay in my home.  There is no way of knowing who is after her for a drug debt, or what she would steal or put in jeopardy to get drugs.  It’s not fair to the kids.  Hit up a single person.    

Suddenly Josh wants to discuss and work on things in order not to get a divorce?  He hates MacKenzie and makes her feel ugly.  She has been bending over backward to accommodate him.  Clearly this divorce, for whatever reason, is his Achille’s heel and it’s the only thing getting his attention.  I wish she would have held firm.  There is no fault divorce in all 50 states now.  Josh doesn’t have to “agree” to the divorce.  She should absolutely divorce him and if he wants to start from square zero, and regain her trust over a period of years while she’s dating other people, he can try to do that and maybe they can go to the couples’ retreat once he’s been a saint for five years.  More than anyone else on this show, sometimes even more than Amber, I want to say “fuck OFF Josh.”  Who does he think he is with his beady little eyes, mumble mouth and rodeo buckle, Tim McGraw?  

Mackenzie, yes, would be coming into any new relationship with the baggage of three little kids, but I bet a man in his 30s or 40s who is widowed or divorced would scoop her up on a dating app (or by sliding into her DM’s) in a second, and give her a nice lifestyle, to boot.  Josh doesn’t love her, and makes her live in a shitty little ranch house.  Boy, bye.  And now that she didn’t hold firm?  I don’t care about her either, so, girl, bye.  I just feel bad for the kids.  They should have at least one parent who can assert themselves and set a model for their kids.  They’re turning into Catelynn and Tyler by putting the show before anything and going on a couples’ retreat so that there’s something to film for the almighty MTV.  

I’m skeptical that “turning Chattanooga teal” would lead to any major medical accomplishments in PCOS.  I am not sure Taylor, or Maci for that matter, feels very differently from me.  Plus, I’m pretty sure the ob-gyns know about it by now, so I’m not sure exactly what she’s trying to accomplish.  

Amber lost nine pounds in one week.  Good start.  

I wonder how much money Cheyenne’s event actually netted for “the newborn screening test” in support of “Ryder K,” as the emcee put it.  He couldn’t be bothered to name the disease, lol.  Cori is stupid and simple and he’s clearly kissing Cheyenne and Matt’s asses so they’ll leave him alone with Taylor, but sometimes (often) he lays it on really thick and it’s off-putting.  I don’t think Matt has a ton of respect for him.  

Gary and Kristina really need to draw boundaries with regard to Amber.  They like the bread that’s coming in from the show, but that’s not where their priorities should be at all.  

I support Andrew’s bid to be paid higher to be part of this toxic waste dump.  Of course he’s going to say he wants a full Teen Mom salary, because you don’t start a negotiation with what you’ll settle for, you start with the highest bid you can say with a straight face.  If he’s going to participate in this charade after facing what sounded like attempted murder and Amber withdrawing any financial support she’s been contributing, pony up some coins, show.  

• Love 14

I know I should have some compassion for Amber because she does have legitimate mental health diagnoses but… It’s kind of like with Roseanne Barr to me. There are many many people with more than one mental health diagnosis....... who do not have the money and resources that these bitches have; they have to struggle to get the services/help they need. Amber does fuck all besides sit on her sofa and gets paid very handsomely for it. And  she had no goddamn business having a second child. Of course, shame on Andrew for being stupid enough to get involved with her in the first place. There’s no way he didn’t know what a shit show she is. And to bring a baby into that nightmare? No. Just no.

• Love 16

Yes to every post on this thread. 

Last week I actually thought Mackenzie had found her inner woman and was going to kick Josh to the curb...I spoke too soon. Apparently a bouquet of flowers and some girl talk with her BFF's changed her mind. Just the fact that he couldn't stay for his son's birthday cake would have been enough for me but the cheating and the sweet talk that he would "fight" for her was pitiful. Quit delaying the inevitable Mackenzie...you know and we all know that in 10 years you two will be divorced and Josh will have a new buckle bunny knocked up.

Cheyenne is a spoiled brat...she treats Matt like a doormat. Why is he invested in her? There doesn't seem to be any chemistry between them at all. Cory really thinks he is the shizz...I see he loves his daughter but he is very immature and kind of a loudmouth. What does he do for living? Just MTV reality shows? Looks like he's driving a brand new Jaguar SUV...ka ching!

Amber...enough already. Why she isn't fired is beyond me. She's a violent domestic abuser and she did put her son's life in danger. Andrew was a fool for becoming involved with her in the first place...and having a child with her was just crazy. They only knew each other for a few months...who does that? Amber hasn't changed since she was 16...still violent, still lazy, still abusive, still unemployed...I have no sympathy for her. She has the ability and the resources to help herself but yet she sits on the couch and whines and cries. Gary and Christina need to shield Leah from all this as best they can and draw some boundaries with Amber. She could use a life coach but she would probably get mad at him/her and throw them out after a few sessions. She still doesn't own any of her behaviors...the other TM's shouldn't drop everything and run to her anymore. Enough.

Couldn't get into the whole light up Chattanooga Teal thing. I doubt anyone in the area understood or even noticed the teal light up. What happened to their TTM t shirt business?

Do Cate and Tyler not see by now why Carly's parents don't want her anywhere near the mess up there in Michigan? Everyone in their inner circle of friends and family have drug/alcohol issues and legal issues with breaking the law. Cate's mother April looks awful...yikes. Stop being everyone's babysitter you two and start preparing for a future without MTV money.

• Love 10

I was just yelling at Mackenzie not to fall for it! Sure Josh is being nice now trying to win you back, but the relationship is going to go right back to the way it was before after all that. And don't listen to your friends! Especially the one who was like "I feel like you just filed for divorce too hastily, are you sure it's what you wanna do" or whatever. Ugh  I wish she stood her ground like she did last week. Oh well. 

Amber sucks. You're not gonna make me feel bad for her MTV!

I couldn't care less about Maci and what she's doing, nor Cheyenne. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Couldn't get into the whole light up Chattanooga Teal thing. I doubt anyone in the area understood or even noticed the teal light up. What happened to their TTM t shirt business?

I dunno, but I noticed Taylor was wearing a TTM t-shirt this episode.  In teal.  🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/31/2020 at 8:20 PM, missbonnie said:

I'm assuming that the reason he does take her calls is because someday Leah will see this shit show and it will be a comfort that at least her dad tried to help her mom. 

Getting off the show would be the best thing for Leah but he is not willing to get off that gravy train.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, kicksave said:

Do Cate and Tyler not see by now why Carly's parents don't want her anywhere near the mess up there in Michigan? Everyone in their inner circle of friends and family have drug/alcohol issues and legal issues with breaking the law. Cate's mother April looks awful...yikes. Stop being everyone's babysitter you two and start preparing for a future without MTV money.

Nah.  Speaking from my own experience as an adoptive parent with white trash bio parents to my son.  It’s been 4 years of NO contact and yet this past week I get a secret PM on Facebook from his uterus’ (that’s what I refer to her as) latest step daughter saying she is my 11 year old sons best friend and she just needs to talk to him.  This is a 12 year old girl messaging me.  On behalf of his bio mom who is now fucking this girls dad.   So no, Carly’s parents want nothing to do with this shit show, yet Catelyn and Tyler don’t get it and don’t care because they need to be paid.  They can’t / won’t get jobs and they have to support their druggie family and friends.  

• Love 9

Why do all of these hanger on husbands, ex husbands, boyfriends and in-laws stick around?

It's the money honey!!!

Mackenzie needs to hang up that phone and tend to her children!  Whew!  They are way out of control!

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why do all of these hanger on husbands, ex husbands, boyfriends and in-laws stick around?

It's the money honey!!!

Mackenzie needs to hang up that phone and tend to her children!  Whew!  They are way out of control!

Don’t y’all wonder how any of these people are coping with the stay at home and distance learning in place now?!!  I’m barely hanging my a thread myself.  And most these fools can barely manage to do the basics in life without anxiety or crisis.   Ay yi yi!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Don’t y’all wonder how any of these people are coping with the stay at home and distance learning in place now?!!  I’m barely hanging my a thread myself.  And most these fools can barely manage to do the basics in life without anxiety or crisis.   Ay yi yi!

The thought of them being cooped up with all the trap babies of various ages, and not being able to escape to Hawaii, or Costa Rico or Iceland, brings a smile to my face...except for Jenelle's brood; I fear for Kaiser and Marissa (and Jace if he's staying with her, since he's been featured in her "dance" videos).  But, Kail being unable to unload little Herve on anyone, and Amber not being able to see Booger-Butt and Boo-Boo (as if she would otherwise), Cate having to pay attention to her babies instead of jetting off to "rehab", and Leah having to wrangle Addie while being separated from her cult, brings me a demented kind of joy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I dunno, but I noticed Taylor was wearing a TTM t-shirt this episode.  In teal.  🙄

I also noticed their beer koozies. In teal.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

The thought of them being cooped up with all the trap babies of various ages, and not being able to escape to Hawaii, or Costa Rico or Iceland, brings a smile to my face...except for Jenelle's brood; I fear for Kaiser and Marissa (and Jace if he's staying with her, since he's been featured in her "dance" videos).  But, Kail being unable to unload little Herve on anyone, and Amber not being able to see Booger-Butt and Boo-Boo (as if she would otherwise), Cate having to pay attention to her babies instead of jetting off to "rehab", and Leah having to wrangle Addie while being separated from her cult, brings me a demented kind of joy.

Me too!  And knowing that filming has stopped and there’s no telling when it may resume.  They might not have any income!

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 10

Something I've been thinking about.  Did you notice when Amber was talking to Gary it was all about Andrew and James.  She mentioned Leah only one time!  Poor Leah.

I often wonder what the relationship between Gary and Amber would be if there was no show and no money?  Would be take those calls from a woman that abused him and neglects her daughter?  Would he and Kristina appear at court hearings if there was no paycheck?

Gary is very clever to manage the whole mess well and get paid and use that money to feather his nest.  Kristina must want to scream but she maintains and does well too!

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It's the money honey!!!

Yes! Mackenzie seems almost detached from her kids sometimes. They seem to have nothing to do but roam around and annoy each other. 

• Love 4
On 3/31/2020 at 9:53 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Gary and Kristina really need to draw boundaries with regard to Amber.  They like the bread that’s coming in from the show, but that’s not where their priorities should be at all.  

Yeah. The scene where they were discussing how Leah's mom is talking about committing suicide was waaaaaaaaay too much. I'm sure that some of Leah's classmates watch the show. She shouldn't hear about Amber's suicidal ideation from kids at school, but that's how it might go down since they seem to sometimes do this weird thing of talking about issues that affect Leah on TV, but not to her.

I like Gary and Kristina, but they are kind of dumb and have a somewhat old-fashioned view of mental health. Gary seems to think that if he can get Amber to stop talking about how crazy she is, that will prevent Leah from inheriting her mental illness. He had a somewhat weird reaction when the discussion about Leah possibly having panic attacks came up. He was adamant that didn't want anyone to talk about "panic attacks" because it might make Leah think she's just like her mom and she's going to have the same problems. It's reasonable to be leery of putting potentially self-fulfilling labels on kids, but his concern seemed to go beyond that. It seems like he thinks if you don't talk about mental illness or "give in" to it (or seek help) that it will go away. I know he means well, but he could be implicitly sending Leah a message that he'll be upset/disappointed if she ever feels like she needs help with mental health problems. I know he reluctantly agreed that it might be good for Leah to see a counselor, but I feel like he might implicitly and explicitly encourage her make it a short-term thing and/or discourage her from escalating her treatment if she/her counselor felt like she had some more serious problems to address.

22 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I couldn't care less about Maci and what she's doing, nor Cheyenne.

Ditto. It's weird/sad that all of these girls' career aspirations are basically being professional celebrities- clothing lines, foundations, being SM influencers. Only they're not really celebrities, so they won't be able to do any of that stuff once the show ends. Why didn't any of them pursue normal careers, like being an accountant, or a nurse, or a kindergarten teacher? They would have really benefited from having an easy, well-paying job while they got their training and entry-level experience and by the time the show ended they'd have very nice nest eggs, as well as good job prospects for the future. Instead, most of them have put all of their eggs into the "D -List Celebrity" basket and they're lucky if they have houses that are paid for.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I like Gary and Kristina, but they are kind of dumb and have a somewhat old-fashioned view of mental health. Gary seems to think that if he can get Amber to stop talking about how crazy she is, that will prevent Leah from inheriting her mental illness. He had a somewhat weird reaction when the discussion about Leah possibly having panic attacks came up. He was adamant that didn't want anyone to talk about "panic attacks" because it might make Leah think she's just like her mom and she's going to have the same problems. It's reasonable to be leery of putting potentially self-fulfilling labels on kids, but his concern seemed to go beyond that. It seems like he thinks if you don't talk about mental illness or "give in" to it (or seek help) that it will go away. I know he means well, but he could be implicitly sending Leah a message that he'll be upset/disappointed if she ever feels like she needs help with mental health problems. I know he reluctantly agreed that it might be good for Leah to see a counselor, but I feel like he might implicitly and explicitly encourage her make it a short-term thing and/or discourage her from escalating her treatment if she/her counselor felt like she had some more serious problems to address

I remember that scene and I saw it a little differently. I saw it more as Gary not wanting Leah to use her mental health as an excuse for her behavior. Like her mother. Amber thinks she can do anything to anyone and then just say "but my mental health." Gary mentioned Leah saying she had a panic attack because she knew she was in trouble. It could be that maybe she didn't do her homework and when confronted about it, she feigned a panic attack to get it out of it. I'm not saying Leah faked it, but I also remember being her age and being confronted by my mother about not doing a chore or my homework. I had some pretty fancy excuses. My go-to was pretending to be asleep 😜

Now Leah could legitimately suffer from panic attacks or get diagnosed with a mental illness down the line. I truly think Gary would be supportive of her and help her with that. But I also think he would expect her to be responsible, take her medication so she can live a normal life and not use her mental health as an excuse for bad behavior. Again, like her mother.

• Love 18

Cate and Ty flew all the way to L.A. for some camera time, but MTV didn't have the common decency to feature them on Cheyenne's segment.  Boo Fucking Hoo.  Perhaps because their appearance didn't add anything to the story line.

After MTV did not show that Cate and Tyler went to Los Angeles, California for the event, the mother-of-two blasted MTV.

She wrote on Twitter: "You know what @MTV didn’t show?!? That @TylerBaltierra and I went to @itskcheyenne first event for @RageRegardless 🤯 why wouldn’t you show that?!?"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11304465/teen-mom-catelynn-lowell-slams-mtv-attending-cheyenne-event/

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 4/2/2020 at 11:04 AM, DangerousMinds said:

Gary could also get a job and stop Leah from being exploited on tv 🤷‍♀️.

Agreed. Gary is awesome, but only when you compare him to people like Amber and Cate.

I'll not blame a 20 year old for not having the maturity and life experience to realize what a shitshow it'll be to pimp out your poor life decisions for a few thousand bucks, but Gary is now approaching his MID THIRTIES. Amber will be 30 in May and Gary was a few years older than her, if I remember correctly. The time to quit this show is long past. But none of these people will ever do it, no matter how much they whine about how "over" it they are. These are a bunch of permanently emotionally stunted individuals who have become completely dependent on social media validation and lack the most basic of coping skills. Handling a job with real responsibilities and an unsympathetic boss who doesn't care how "stressed" and "anxious" you are, would put these fools over the edge.

• Love 14

Gary and Kristina aren't book smart but they seem pretty street smart especially with the bucks.

They have four checks coming in from the show plus child support from Dumb Amber.

They live a pretty low key life and I'm guessing they sock most of their money away.  So I have to give them kuddos for that since their pretty much surrounded by crazies!

I think it the show ended tomorrow they would be ok!

• Love 7

The only thing Maci ever describes about PCOS is the pregnancy factor and how hard it is to get pregnant if you have it .. yet here she is , with 3 kids which she claimed were oopsie pregnancies and it happened by mistake . I’m just not buying her struggles. I think there’s money involved somewhere with fighting for this cause . Maybe it’s in her hideous t shirt sales , but stop acting like it’s so important to you when you can’t name one other factor of PCOS besides the struggle to become pregnant and you get pregnant even when on birth control . 

( by the way , I know PCOS is very real and terrible For so many women ... but I believe Maci has ulterior motives and is just not genuine about caring .) 

• Love 13
On 4/3/2020 at 12:00 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Cate and Ty flew all the way to L.A. for some camera time, but MTV didn't have the common decency to feature them on Cheyenne's segment.  Boo Fucking Hoo.  Perhaps because their appearance didn't add anything to the story line.

After MTV did not show that Cate and Tyler went to Los Angeles, California for the event, the mother-of-two blasted MTV.

She wrote on Twitter: "You know what @MTV didn’t show?!? That @TylerBaltierra and I went to @itskcheyenne first event for @RageRegardless 🤯 why wouldn’t you show that?!?"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11304465/teen-mom-catelynn-lowell-slams-mtv-attending-cheyenne-event/

Because Regardless of how many fans you think you have , you’re truly not that important . 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 4/4/2020 at 10:36 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m just not buying her struggles. I think there’s money involved somewhere with fighting for this cause . Maybe it’s in her hideous t shirt sales , but stop acting like it’s so important to you when you can’t name one other factor of PCOS besides the struggle to become pregnant and you get pregnant even when on birth

This is how I feel about every single one of them.  They don’t do anything that doesn’t bring them money directly, or fame upon which they can capitalize.  Maci putting Bentley on film when he was playing in his room and forcing him to talk about his (private) therapy sessions last season was scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I feel the same way about Cheyenne.  I wonder how much time and money Cheyenne gives to “screening” for Ryder’s “childhood disease” when there are no cameras around.

I think they’re all pretty much worshipping at the church of “if a tree falls, but it it wasn’t filmed for the show or social media, it didn’t happen.”  I would have kept Mackenzie out as the exception, but the fact that she’s filming her couples’ therapy makes me put her in with the rest of the losers.

• Love 10

I know so many women with PCOS and more than one child—including my mother. One of my friends with PCOS was on birth control and got pregnant. I think difficulty conceiving CAN be an issue, but not always. I agree with others who think Maci is just famewhoring.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, zenme said:

I know so many women with PCOS and more than one child—including my mother. One of my friends with PCOS was on birth control and got pregnant. I think difficulty conceiving CAN be an issue, but not always. I agree with others who think Maci is just famewhoring.

I have PCOS and 2 kids!  

Yes, it can be an issue, but I did research when I was trying to get pregnant and people were saying that diet is a piece of the puzzle.  I wasn't getting pregnant, months went by, I did my research and found someone who suggested I stop eating all carbs/sugar, did that, and got pregnant the next week.  I don't know if doctors have researched this, when I told my own doctor, she was like, I don't think diet has anything to do with it... But I know it does, and it makes sense since it seems to have something to do with insulin.  At least in my experience!

And yes Maci is absolutely famewhoring!  And she needs a storyline.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/5/2020 at 5:46 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Viewership was 743,000.  Down more than 100,000 from last week's 846,000.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-3-31-2020.html

You would think MTV would get the hint and realize their crazy cow has hindered them. DV is no joke and she shouldn't have a job, but since it was a dude getting abused it was brushed aside and that is one of the reasons I don't watch anymore. The way they are going about it, you would think Amber was the one beat up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 4/13/2020 at 10:10 PM, toodywoody said:

You would think MTV would get the hint and realize their crazy cow has hindered them. DV is no joke and she shouldn't have a job, but since it was a dude getting abused it was brushed aside and that is one of the reasons I don't watch anymore. The way they are going about it, you would think Amber was the one beat up.

It really is disgusting how MTV has handled Amber's abuse. And it's not like any of this is surprising to anyone since Amber committed the exact same type of abuse (physically attacking her partner while he was holding their child) on MTV years ago. And she was (rightly) charged with abusing the children in both of those cases because she really was terrorizing and endangering the children. No one was being mean to her or treating her unfairly to hold her accountable for her actions.

I know it will never happen, but at the reunion I would love for Cate, Maci, and Cheyenne to be asked whether they would be understanding if someone (who, in all fairness, was suffering from "post-partum" and who was dealing with people on- and offline being mean to her) chased them with a machete while they were holding their child. Or if they'd be ok with such a person hitting/slapping/screaming at them while they were holding their child. Again, it would be really important to stress that the attacker was suffering from post-partum AND that people were being mean to her. Because that makes all the difference.

Also, I love how Amber lied to her "good friends," claiming that nuMatt was lying and manipulating, but she couldn't get into the details for legal reasons. Then when that bullshit was blown up by the receipts nuMatt recorded, her "friends" were like, "Well, obviously, Amber was wrong, which she acknowledges (sort of), but I can't believe nuMatt recorded her [to protect himself and his son from her abuse and lies]..." These people are vile.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I think they are all afraid of Amber and her big mouth!  She and Kail are brutal.  Nobody wants to engage.

That little girl to the courthouse with Amber was produced driven.  They went because they were told to go.  No love there.

They love fancy cars, airplanes and hotel rooms with service.  Walking down the sidewalk after court I thought 'who do they think they are'.  They are uneducated teen moms feeding off of the MTV tit!

Amber with her filthy, take no prisoners mouth, scares them!

• Love 4