Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/30/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I agree. The reason I watched it over the past few days is because she talked about it last week. It was ...... 'entertaining' to say the least.

It came up as a popular trending show before she mentioned it weeks ago and I had it in my queue; but I agree, she gave it a lot more profile.  Along with plenty of other people online.  The disturbing thing is that she is talking about a pardon for a guy who is a psycho and known to be abusive to animals and people, on video.  And likely a murderer or attempted murderer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, UpTooLate said:

Me:  "Oh, no Sara today."

Suddenly Sara appears on the screen interviewing the doctor. No explanation or intro, suddenly there's a blonde woman doing the interview.

Me: Okayyyyyy

Show ends, no Sara.

Just ... weird.

Before that commercial break, Whoopi said, "We will be back with Dr. _____. He was here with me, Sunny, and Sara yesterday."

But, yes, Whoopi and Sunny were wearing the same thing on yesterday's show as they were on today's show so apparently their filming schedule is all askew.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 3
(edited)

Figures squirrel-shooting moron Meg would love that pathetic excuse for a documentary, Tiger King, and the evil animal abuser Joe Exotic. And she thinks he should be pardoned for attempted murder for hire?! She makes me sick.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/tiger-king-memes-joe-exotic-jokes-mask-netflix-doc-s-ncna1172561

http://www.ad-international.org/animals_in_entertainment/go.php?id=4809&ssi=7

Edited by gatopretoNYC
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Figures squirrel-shooting moron Meg would love that pathetic excuse for a documentary, Tiger King, and the evil animal abuser Joe Exotic. And she thinks he should be pardoned for attempted murder for hire?! She makes me sick.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/tiger-king-memes-joe-exotic-jokes-mask-netflix-doc-s-ncna1172561

http://www.ad-international.org/animals_in_entertainment/go.php?id=4809&ssi=7

For what I'm about to type I don't want any posters here to be offended. When there is a movie or TV show that everyone is raving about I always steer clear of it.   I figure if everyone loves it then it must appeal to the lowest common denominator.  I have been wrong of course. I didn't start watching Grey's Anatomy till after it had been on for six years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Congratulations to Gabriel and the entire Hostin family!!!!  I can completely identify with Sunny's emotion about her grandmother not being alive to witness his acceptance into Harvard - although she knows Sunny, she knows!  I came here as a 5 year old from Jamaica and went back every summer for the entire summer until I was in high school.  I was devastated that the great aunt who took care of me during those summers died during my last semester in law school.  *sob*  It randomly brought me to tears for years after she died.  But I know Aunt Merle knows her Niecy is a lawyer 🙂

Edited by jalady
Typo, of course.
  • Love 23

Sara looks like she's about to crack.   I'm expecting the tears to start streaming down her face.   I wonder how well she's dealing with this; it's worrisome.   I know she experienced post-partum depression in the past and she might be having flashbacks to that.   I like her and want her to be okay.

I love Joy, but why does she look so pissed off?  I mean, I know why she's mad, but her usual sense of humor is not getting her through this now.   I'm concerned for her too.

Congrats to Gabriel.   I'll keep quiet about Sunny.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Whoopi's incompetence as Moderator is mind-numbing!!!  Just sayin'.

She's mentally and verbally wandering around like a lost soul in the desert.   How long has she been moderating this show?   She either never learned how to do it, or this modding from home in the Brady Bunch box has her completely flummoxed.  She cannot think on her feet, or wing it in any way.   I realize it's a difficult and different dynamic than being in the studio, but Sunny and Sara seem to have figured it out.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I don't want Whoopi 5 days a week. Hey The View, I don't know if you know this but Ana Navarro is an official co-host. I think I'm going to start tweeting at them to include her.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, falltime said:

Hey The View, I don't know if you know this but Ana Navarro is an official co-host. I think I'm going to start tweeting at them to include her.

Please do it!!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

For what I'm about to type I don't want any posters here to be offended. When there is a movie or TV show that everyone is raving about I always steer clear of it.   I figure if everyone loves it then it must appeal to the lowest common denominator.  I have been wrong of course. I didn't start watching Grey's Anatomy till after it had been on for six years.

After reading that article, I know, as an animal-lover, I'd last maybe ten minutes watching what Missy thinks is must-see TV.  Just reading the article describing the cruelty made my heart pound ... sickening!!!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

After reading that article, I know, as an animal-lover, I'd last maybe ten minutes watching what Missy thinks is must-see TV.  Just reading the article describing the cruelty made my heart pound ... sickening!!!

Yeah, I asked friends if it would upset me and they said probably. Nope. Not interested. 

• Love 6

@Medicine Crow and @Haleth, it is definitely upsetting to watch how the big cats and animals in general are treated.  It is illuminating because this is apparently a big problem in the US with few restrictions.  Even the woman who opposed Joe and purports to be an animal lover seems to be abusing them IMO.  They are all f'ing disgusting in the show.  

I get why MeAgain raves about it, because it is a bunch of trashy people who are really way out there.  But there is also abuse of young women and young men.  I was surprised Sunny didn't highlight that.

So def not an uplifting show, more of an expose of tragic abuses.

This article explains the issue with captive big cats.  The documentary was originally supposed to be about just that but the people involved were so bizarre and crooked that it became more about them.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/5-things-tiger-king-doesn-t-explain-about-captive-tigers

• Love 4

I saw Ina Garten's hilarious post on social media (it's longer than they showed, and funnier).  Leave it to Whoopi to turn it into an opportunity to lecture viewers about mental health concerns and addiction  during the stay at home era.  Yes, this is a real concern, but these are separate topics.  One was a humourous post to make us chuckle.  The other is a public health message, and they can have one of their esteemed docs on to do that (Oz Phil Aniston 😜).  Stop lecturing the world Whoopi.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Her son got into Harvard. She's allowed to brag this time.

Whoopi is just jealous that Gabe and his heirs probably won't end up mooching off Sunny and eating all of her lasagna and earnings for the rest of their lives.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I agree. The reason I watched it over the past few days is because she talked about it last week. It was ...... 'entertaining' to say the least.

That's the best word to describe Tiger King. I'm an animal lover and a vegetarian. I understand why some folks wouldn't enjoy watching the series. I don't condone the way Joe treated the animals. Joe and everyone else involved are all such characters that I found it so fascinating I couldn't look away. I was shocked he ran for governor and actually got some votes. I can go on about the other people featured and why this was all so interesting but don't want to get OT.

As for today's episode...

I want as much positivity as possible now, so it was nice to see Sunny's family celebrate her son getting into Harvard. 

Sara's story about her dad was funny, but stories like that make me nervous about Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, all of it. 

I appreciate Gavin Newsom taking the coronavirus as seriously as he has and wish everyone would follow suit. Also, he's probably the best-looking politician I've ever seen.  

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I appreciate Gavin Newsom taking the coronavirus as seriously as he has and wish everyone would follow suit. Also, he's probably the best-looking politician I've ever seen.  

Oh YEAAAAAAAAH🥰🥰

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I saw Ina Garten's hilarious post on social media 

I think if I had to be quarantined with anyone it would be Ina Garten. Beside eating very well she would be a hoot to hang out with. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Sara looks like she's about to crack.   I'm expecting the tears to start streaming down her face.   I wonder how well she's dealing with this; it's worrisome.   I know she experienced post-partum depression in the past and she might be having flashbacks to that.   I like her and want her to be okay.

I love Joy, but why does she look so pissed off?  I mean, I know why she's mad, but her usual sense of humor is not getting her through this now.   I'm concerned for her too.

Congrats to Gabriel.   I'll keep quiet about Sunny.

ITA about both Sara & Joy.  Poor Sara seems like she is over-whelmed by everything & on the verge of tears.  And Joy seems unusually cranky & like she doesn't really want to be doing these remote segments.  Usually on the show, Joy laughs & giggles.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Gavin's first wife is now Donald Jr's girlfriend.  

All four of them have had a harsh tone of voice while asking questions of most of their "guests" in the past week or so.  If they aren't up for being hosts during the crisis, they should go on hiatus or switch off with Ana or people like Tara Setmeyer.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4

I'm really not enjoying these 'remote' connections on 'The View' or any other show. For the most part, the visuals and audio are completely off - two people can't communicate properly because the audio feed cuts in and out (that happened a few times this week with 'The View' when they're speaking with each other).

As long as this continues, they need to either 'up their game' with the remote hosting, or take a hiatus. And for the record - I finally caught an episode of 'The Talk' in during their remote hosting. Talk about a trainwreck...

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I'm really not enjoying these 'remote' connections on 'The View' or any other show. For the most part, the visuals and audio are completely off - two people can't communicate properly because the audio feed cuts in and out (that happened a few times this week with 'The View' when they're speaking with each other).

As long as this continues, they need to either 'up their game' with the remote hosting, or take a hiatus. And for the record - I finally caught an episode of 'The Talk' in during their remote hosting. Talk about a trainwreck...

Yeah Im not a fan either.  Better than nothing i guess, but will have to get used to ... dot dot dot lol.  Maybe they should try what my folks and i do, which is say 'over' when done talking

• Love 4

Good idea about saying,  " over" when done talking. 

I am online zoom and other Skype type meetings and it's hard to tell when people have completed their thoughts.  

Except we know Megaphone would never comply,  because she loves to hear her nonsensical, wordoftheday, nonsense voice drone on and on. 

I know zoom abs even hospitals have been hacked. Damn. Can't these lowlifes take a break?

• Love 3
On 4/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, Haleth said:

I think if I had to be quarantined with anyone it would be Ina Garten. Beside eating very well she would be a hoot to hang out with. 

I saw her in one of Seth Meyer’s “Day Drinking” episodes.....she was hilarious!

• Love 5