Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/30/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bannana said:

That question of Sara's about long wait times in countries that have universal health care was annoying, especially now.  I am pretty confident  that Canadians are quite relieved during this time.  If you lose your job, which many have, you still have health care if you get sick.

I don't know why she asked that question, it has been refuted many times over.  The bottom line is, Bernie's actual message of health care for all is very timely, but it is too late for the US at this point, I would think.  So they will likely to have spend spend spend to mitigate the impact.

I raged so hard with this annoying question that is brought up.  And the whole "isn't this politically calculating" question from Sunny, was BS too.  This is incredibly important to bring up medicare for all, especially when we just had 3.3 million people (and rapidly counting) lose their jobs.  Which means we have 3.3 million people and counting losing their health insurance (since April 1st was today).

The skype interviews is going to make the View even worse with the conversations.  I mean if everyone hates people talking over each other.  Doing that over facetime/skype is already 10 times worse (weird feedback/delays).

• Love 9

What I notice about Sunny is her nails.  They may or may not be acrylic but they look professionally done, with nail art.  I wonder how she is managing that?  Here in CA nail salons are not essential businesses.  Maybe she had someone doing them for her in the studio?  I get the feeling that they are going to be working remotely from now on, studio days may be over for a while. So glad I had my gel nails removed last year. They need to be maintained every two or three weeks or they start to look nasty.  And with all the hand-washing and nail scrubbing we have to do now ... they just don't seem sanitary to me.  

• Love 5

The hatred against Bernie is so out of line. The ladies were so awful that they made me miss Megan. I expect Megan to treat people that she disagrees with like crap.  Whoopie should be sanctioned for her behavior today, you don't treat a guest in that manner not to mention a sitting senator. Wow just wow!  It is disappointing because I don't understand what is so evil about a man like Bernie who wants equality by challenging the status quo. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, debbie311 said:

What I notice about Sunny is her nails.  They may or may not be acrylic but they look professionally done, with nail art.  I wonder how she is managing that?  Here in CA nail salons are not essential businesses.  Maybe she had someone doing them for her in the studio?  I get the feeling that they are going to be working remotely from now on, studio days may be over for a while. So glad I had my gel nails removed last year. They need to be maintained every two or three weeks or they start to look nasty.  And with all the hand-washing and nail scrubbing we have to do now ... they just don't seem sanitary to me.  

I've always washed my hands frequently and have gotten compliments on my nails almost a month after getting dip polish! I actually had my nails done shortly before things got scary in my town. They still look good, but once they won't anymore, it will be the least of my problems. 

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The hatred against Bernie is so out of line. The ladies were so awful that they made me miss Megan. I expect Megan to treat people that she disagrees with like crap.  Whoopie should be sanctioned for her behavior today, you don't treat a guest in that manner not to mention a sitting senator. Wow just wow!  It is disappointing because I don't understand what is so evil about a man like Bernie who wants equality by challenging the status quo. 

While I'm a View fan, the show is sadly notorious for rude hosts and has been for many years. Many years ago Hugh Hefner and his girlfriends went on the show. The Girls Next Door was a guilty pleasure of mine, but I get that their lifestyle wasn't wholesome. I actually didn't think I'd get into it because I am a much more conservative person than the typical person I'd peg as a Playboy fan. Still, Hugh and his girlfriends were polite people. One of the girlfriends was actually really excited to meet Barbara Walters because she grew up wanting to be a journalist. Apparently they had an awful experience and were invited just to be made fun of. 

6 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

I raged so hard with this annoying question that is brought up.  And the whole "isn't this politically calculating" question from Sunny, was BS too.  This is incredibly important to bring up medicare for all, especially when we just had 3.3 million people (and rapidly counting) lose their jobs.  Which means we have 3.3 million people and counting losing their health insurance (since April 1st was today).

The skype interviews is going to make the View even worse with the conversations.  I mean if everyone hates people talking over each other.  Doing that over facetime/skype is already 10 times worse (weird feedback/delays).

Exactly. I was really disappointed with the hosts. Meghan's normally the one who annoys me the most because she is usually by far the rudest and has the most "gotcha questions," but the whole vibe of today's show was negative and left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, debbie311 said:

What I notice about Sunny is her nails.  They may or may not be acrylic but they look professionally done, with nail art.  I wonder how she is managing that?

Three weeks ago before my state went into lock down my mother was speaking to a niece I stopped speaking to years ago because she was/is an idiot and she said she absolutely  had to go get her nails done. This was after our bars/restaurants had been shut down.  She said she wasn't going to stop living her life.

I am surprised that Sunny (and her doctor husband) didn't realize her continuing to go out could put her mother at risk.  Manny I understand needing to go to work but Sunny?  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, debbie311 said:

So glad I had my gel nails removed last year. They need to be maintained every two or three weeks or they start to look nasty.  And with all the hand-washing and nail scrubbing we have to do now ... they just don't seem sanitary to me.  

6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I've always washed my hands frequently and have gotten compliments on my nails almost a month after getting dip polish!

I get gel manicures and I can maintain my nails looking good for up to six weeks. It all depends on who does them. And I'll leave it here, lest we go off topic.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I am surprised that Sunny (and her doctor husband) didn't realize her continuing to go out could put her mother at risk.  Manny I understand needing to go to work but Sunny?  

Sunny and Sara were both idiots for continuing to go into the studio. I really believe that Sunny thinks she is THAT important.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

The whole gang is here today, incl Joy and Meg.

Meg has been studying her Word a Day calendar — erudite, nebulous. 😂

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

Sunny? A nice chin-length bob and please.....ditch the Bambi drag queen lashes. You're an attractive woman but this whole Real Housewives thing you've got going on? It's over done and is zero on the flattering scale.

There! That's all I've got! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
22 hours ago, OnTime said:

Just bring Joy back! 

Oh, I agree.   My "three at the table" comment meant have a stable of hosts:  WG (if they must), Joy, Sunny, Ana, Sara?, MM - because she would stage a coup if they ever tried to fire her, anyone else? ..... but then have a changing mix of three of those on any given day.   That way there wouldn't be the stale mix of the same people and viewpoints day in and day out.     

• Love 5
Just now, Axie said:

I know criticizing Joy is a big no no, but, she’s too angry to be on tv.

Come sit at my table.  I think so too.  This whole thing has her shook as it does most of us but IMO it doesn't make for good TV.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Axie said:

I know criticizing Joy is a big no no, but, she’s too angry to be on tv.

I thought that way before this thing started that she was stressed out, tense and hyper and that I just attributed to Trump. This has really pushed her over and I agree that she really should be sitting this one out. In fact, they all should. This format is not working well and besides....every single day either Cuomo or Trudeau comes on so we're only getting half the show anyway!!

• Love 6

I don't watch this show, can't stand any of those ladies but I saw a clip of Whoopi today and WTF? Is this woman for real? why being so disrespectful? It is not only that it is Bernie, I love the man, I know they despise him but if you invite someone to your show you have to at least pretend to be respectful.

That was rude and she should be fired. I have seen other clips and I know the show is just a bunch of arrogant privileged women (different levels of privilege) but the class war in this show is palpable. UGH! 

I am not spiritual or religious but I have a soft spot for Karma and seriously, if I could choose one power, it would be for people to get all they do to others 1000 times in return, and feel any second of it. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think that went better today, certainly as far as Joy’s participation. With both interviews they let the guests talk with fewer interruptions. With the audio delay it’s best to limit who is trying to get a question in. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
(edited)

2 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

every single day either Cuomo or Trudeau comes on so we're only getting half the show anyway!!

I haven't had any interruptions when I've watched...? I enjoyed the show today and Monday. There have always been those who have a problem with Joy, that's not new. Personally, I hope she stays on if the show itself is going to continue on through this. I'd question her sanity if she wasn't angry with all that's happening really.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
The quote function.
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, alexvillage said:

I don't watch this show, can't stand any of those ladies but I saw a clip of Whoopi today and WTF? Is this woman for real? why being so disrespectful? It is not only that it is Bernie, I love the man, I know they despise him but if you invite someone to your show you have to at least pretend to be respectful.

That was rude and she should be fired. I have seen other clips and I know the show is just a bunch of arrogant privileged women (different levels of privilege) but the class war in this show is palpable. UGH! 

I am not spiritual or religious but I have a soft spot for Karma and seriously, if I could choose one power, it would be for people to get all they do to others 1000 times in return, and feel any second of it. 

I wouldn't be so sure yesterday wasn't Bernie's karma. The man has been vile to so many people, he can take a dose himself from a has-been movie stah.

• Love 21
(edited)

So Sunny was saying that the Catholic Church was an early adopter, during this crisis, of online services, and then Meghan says Pope Francis has been very forceful in telling people that they must stay at home, and that Catholics aren't listening to their leader and made it sound like Catholics are the only ones still going to church.  

Only Meghan would need to immediately re-watch something that she just watched!

56 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain looks like Where's Waldo today.

Whenever I see someone in glasses way too big for their face, I always think of Edna, the fashion designer in the movie The Incredibles. Wikipedia

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

I thought that way before this thing started that she was stressed out, tense and hyper and that I just attributed to Trump. This has really pushed her over and I agree that she really should be sitting this one out. In fact, they all should. This format is not working well and besides....every single day either Cuomo or Trudeau comes on so we're only getting half the show anyway!!

I truly don't understand why interruptions in Canada and New York make people think that the show go on hiatus because apparently other states don't exist.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
(edited)
40 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The man has been vile to so many people

Sure. Wanting healthcare for all people, wanting corporations to stop exploiting humans, extremely vile. 

Anyway, the corporate media has always done that to Bernie but asking questions and interrupting before he can answer because she pretended that she didn't know that sometimes there is a delay in streaming is pathetic. 

But it is expected when the puppeteers who move those anchors money are the Disney corporation and they do hate Bernie. Maybe Whoopi is just another puppet without any real opinion about issues that she doesn't get paid to vilify.

Edited by alexvillage
spell check thinks Whoopi is a cheerful whoop, which is ridiculous for an angry old lady
  • Love 13
(edited)
6 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

Sure. Wanting healthcare for all people, wanting corporations to stop exploiting humans, extremely vile. 

Anyway, the corporate media has always done that to Bernie but asking questions and interrupting before he can answer because she pretended that she didn't know that sometimes there is a delay in streaming is pathetic. 

But it is expected when the puppeteers who move those anchors money are the Disney corporation and they do hate Bernie. Maybe whoopee is just another puppet without any real opinion about issues that she doesn't get paid to vilify.

Bernie may be gruff but what he has to say tells me he cares about people in this country. I agree about Whoopi.

Edited by rcc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Sunny? A nice chin-length bob and please.....ditch the Bambi drag queen lashes. You're an attractive woman but this whole Real Housewives thing you've got going on?

Fake hair, eyelashes and nails....it is all too much and add on a ton of makeup. It must be exhausting!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I truly don't understand why interruptions in Canada and New York

Because....it results in usually about 34 minutes (minus commercials) of show. We can get updates...hourly if we want them. We know where to go for them. 

The Today Show's second hour never gets interrupted but for some reason, they choose to wait until 11:00 to when The View is trying to put out a show. So if they can't air an entire show, and work out the glitches, then why bother?

• Love 2

I was referring more to the long list of people he has demonized and talked down to and shouted at. That View interview yesterday was nothing in comparison to some of the things he's said about and done to other people, jmo. His campaign actually attacked The View itself only a couple of months ago when the ladies criticized him, so I'm not sure why he expects them to roll out the red carpet for him now. Especially on a show with an all-woman cast, he's really going to get a hard time when he acts like that. Maybe he should stick to shows where there are only white male interviewers if he can't handle the heat.

Btw, Whoopi and Sunny are not puppets, lol, they just have their opinions like everyone else in the world. Not everyone finds him genuine. I don't think any of the co-hosts on this show like him other than Joy, and they're not being paid off to think that.

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Btw, Whoopi and Sunny are not puppets, lol, they just have their opinions like everyone else in the world. Not everyone finds him genuine. I don't think any of the co-hosts on this show like him other than Joy, and they're not being paid off to think that.

Anyone who works for a corporation that pays them millions become puppets to deliver the message the corporation wants, whether they agree with the message or not. That's just basic capitalism, LOL.

But whatever, the premise of the question I heard on the clip is absurd, because as much as people hate Bernie/want Biden (another sexual abuser), and as much as the race is harder for Bernie to win, half of the country hasn't voted yet, and people who support Bernie should have the chance to make that heard. I know I did, and will again in the general.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

The whole gang is here today, incl Joy and Meg.

I believe she used "nebulous" in the wrong context.  Oh Missy!!!

Also, when is Whoopi going to stop using the juvenile closer ... "Come back any time."  I wish someone would say they'll just stay!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Whoopi's closing comments to guests.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Anyone who works for a corporation that pays them millions become puppets to deliver the message the corporation wants, whether they agree with the message or not. That's just basic capitalism, LOL.

This is essentially the same tone he took when he attacked the show--anyone who criticizes him must be a corporate shill, yada yada. It's probably why the ladies don't treat him with kid gloves anymore, I think. Sometimes people just don't like him. Considering he's lost both his primary runs, that's really not an impossible thing to believe. That makes much more sense than Disney is ordering them to attack Bernie.... I don't think Disney much cares what any of these women say enough to interfere in the show that way, which is why McCain is still there despite her daily misinformation. And I know for a fact that Bernie is not unique in being criticized on this show.

half of the country hasn't voted yet, and people who support Bernie should have the chance to make that heard.

Bernie said the same thing as a defense for why he's staying in even though he's already lost. But Whoopi was right in saying that it's the voters who are the reason why Bernie has no pathway now. Biden has a greater lead than Obama did in '08.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Fake hair, eyelashes and nails....it is all too much and add on a ton of makeup. It must be exhausting!

That may be part of why she falls into bed with it all on so Manny never experiences the horror of seeing her real face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Sunny? A nice chin-length bob and please.....ditch the Bambi drag queen lashes. You're an attractive woman but this whole Real Housewives thing you've got going on? It's over done and is zero on the flattering scale.

There! That's all I've got! 

I would love it if Sunny cut her hair and went natural.. She does too much with her hair and makeup. She is too beautiful for that horrid look she has now.. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh, I will ask , has she has moved on from "tribal" and "weaponized"?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, alexvillage said:

I know they despise him but if you invite someone to your show you have to at least pretend to be respectful.

Boy! Far cry from last year's love fest when Joy named her dog after him and he could do no wrong.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Boy! Far cry from last year's love fest when Joy named her dog after him and he could do no wrong.

But Joy was not one of the ones being rude to him this morning.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Oh, I will ask , has she has moved on from "tribal" and "weaponized"?

She likely hasn't said "tribal" lately due to the fact that she's very unhappy with her "tribe" right now.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, alexvillage said:

But interesting in your comment about Disney/ABC is that you don't really seem to understand power dynamics. 

I understand power dynamics fine, I just don't buy into conspiracy theories Bernie likes to push only to insulate himself from any and all criticism. It's a known fact that the majority of older voters and people of color do not like him and have not voted for him. Whoopi and Sunny are in both those demos, so what's more likely: A company is mandating they criticize him or be fired? Or they just plain ol' don't like him?

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Also, when is Whoopi going to stop using the juvenile closer ... "Come back any time."  I wish someone would say they'll just stay!!

I wish someone would say: no fucking way am I coming back to this shitshow!

no GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I just caught up with the past few days, and here's my observations...

1. Kim Kardashian is not someone I look to for guidance in times of crisis. Is this the best they can do ?

2.  Notice Bernie's tag line below him was (D-VT) when in fact he's an Independent ?  No one caught that before they aired it and kept it there during the interview ?

3. Too bad Sunny didn't sell off her personal furnishings and belongings from her house in a 'special' VIEW YOUR DEAL. She had nice stuff - not the crap she pushes on the show. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Megan is so adamant about having the American flag show in the background that she positions her camera in such an angle as to leave a foot of space above her head. It looks especially awkward when all four ladies are on screen. Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny look normal; Megan looks tiny...oh, but look, the American flag!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Some posts have been removed for crossing the political line.  Be mindful to not interject your own political opinions and stay on topic.  The 2016 election is not on topic, nor are the candidates from that election.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Aileen said:

I truly don't understand why interruptions in Canada and New York make people think that the show go on hiatus because apparently other states don't exist.

Yes, for those of us in other time zones, it is generally not a problem, and if you have time shift it is not a problem at all.  For example, I know when the Prime Minister speaks every day, so I watch it when it is available in my time zone on a Canadian station.  I used to record it on time shift on either a Cdn or US station.

I believe that in a pandemic, daily news briefings that interrupt programming are appropriate.  I was more annoyed with the impeachment hearings but that didn't affect all of our broadcasts.

Today's show was better but they can still improve.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lusinia said:

Whenever I see someone in glasses way too big for their face, I always think of Edna, the fashion designer in the movie The Incredibles. Wikipedia

Yeah.  Meghan wishes she was a cool as Edna. 

I don't think I've seen an entire episode of The View in two weeks, and I'm okay with that.  Cuomo likes the 10:30-11:30 timeslot for his conferences.  I was highly entertained at the Cuomo brothers' banter about Chris's fever dreams.

5 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

So if they can't air an entire show, and work out the glitches, then why bother?

Then again, it's just as bad when they're in the studio.  The cohosts often make weird segues or give intros for clips that aren't there or talk back to the producer voices in their ears.  So the added aspect of video delay is just more of the same.

• Love 4

So Megan was blaming the mayor of New Orleans of not cancelling Mardi Gras. That was way back on February 25 and the weeks up to it.  The US wasn't being informed yet that the coronovirus was going to be an issue yet in this country.  Plus Mardi Gras is more than just one event. 

• Love 9

As much as Meg annoys me, we watch so many of the same shows. Don't judge me, but Tiger King is just the kind of entertainment I needed at this time! It was nice watching something that wasn't political or about corona. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

As much as Meg annoys me, we watch so many of the same shows. Don't judge me, but Tiger King is just the kind of entertainment I needed at this time! It was nice watching something that wasn't political or about corona. 

I agree. The reason I watched it over the past few days is because she talked about it last week. It was ...... 'entertaining' to say the least.

• Love 3

My son told me about Tiger King a few weeks ago.  The guys on the radio have been talking about it. Late night comics, too. I keep meaning to watch it,  but life happens.  

Me-again is  late to the cool kids  party that she wad never invited to and desperately wants to be a part of..... some things$can't buy. 

• Love 3