Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/30/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Meghan always seems to talk down to Sara...and people tend to do that to those that intimidate them.  Sara has common sense, is relatable, had empathy..but doesnt let it cloud her judgement. 

It was ironic when Meghan was complaining about people talking down to others as if they were toddlers.  Meghan is one of the main offenders.

• Love 11

For those who wish for 'lighter topics' these days on the show - be careful what you wish for! They may give us even more 'View Your Deals' and more Jason Biggs each week. Now we all know we don't want either ! 

By the way, has anyone here watch any episodes of the dreadful 'The Talk' this week? It was their first week back (so I read) and each host was remoting in from home. Wonder if it was as bad as 'The View' with remote hosts ? 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

For those who wish for 'lighter topics' these days on the show - be careful what you wish for! They may give us even more 'View Your Deals' and more Jason Biggs each week. Now we all know we don't want either ! 

By the way, has anyone here watch any episodes of the dreadful 'The Talk' this week? It was their first week back (so I read) and each host was remoting in from home. Wonder if it was as bad as 'The View' with remote hosts ? 

It was worse!!!  I gave up after two segments because SO had entirely too much drivel to say!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Lastly, Joy is almost too angry now...she's almost as bad as Meghan.  Meghan is home..but she proves the point that if it involves her..she cares.  If it doesn't, she would still be dismissive..imho

Joy has cabin fever. She is frustrated scared and rightfully angry with what is going on.  This is her worst nightmare on what would happen if we ever had a national emergency.  She will never be like Megan not even on her worst day..

• Love 21
12 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Lastly, Joy is almost too angry now

8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Joy has cabin fever. She is frustrated scared and rightfully angry with what is going on.  This is her worst nightmare on what would happen if we ever had a national emergency. 

I feel her pain believe me but I think doing the View right now is raising her anxiety level.  If it was me I would be reading books and making lasagnas.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Obviously I don't know what kind of building Joy lives in, but a lot of old New York multi-unit buildings were built to last and are very hard to get a good internet connection in. Thick walls and brick are great for living, not so great for telecommuting. It may be that Joy simply can't get a fast enough connection to keep up.

The Talk was horrible, made me appreciate The View. Too many people, bad screen layout. 

But I don't think she's still in the city.  I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she also has a home in Long Island - the Hamptons, I think - and I suspect that's where she is now.  I know that's where I'd be "self-isolating" if I had the option!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, After7Only said:

I don't think today's show was live.

They could have taped Kim's segment the day before.  They do that sometimes with celebrity interviews..

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

They may give us even more 'View Your Deals' and more Jason Biggs each week. Now we all know we don't want either ! 

Now that would certainly fall under the category "cruel and unusual punishment" and I'm sure that it violates the Geneva Convention.

Especially the Jason Biggs threat.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Oooooh.  Sunny's house is pretty.   Now, why can't they get Joy's video and audio as professional as Sunny's?   Is Joy even there today?  Didn't catch the first minute or two.

Sara looks like she's been crying.   Hope she's dealing with everything okay . . . .

• Love 8
(edited)

This whole remote thing is moving along much more smoothly with only three people.  Maybe that's what they should always do.   Three people at the table, and rotate which three are there on any given day.   That we we won't be sick of all of them at the same time.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 10

So Bernie's remote is not working and the solution is to run another block of commercials?!!! After you just ran about 5 bloody minutes of them?!!!

And because it's on my antennae - only way to avoid Justin's daily blathering - I can't fast forward, pause or rewind so I'm bailing. It's boring today anyway.

• Love 5

I started to give this show a try since at least McCain wasn’t there, but then they introduced Bernie and I turned it off again. Bleh. At least from the announcer's intro it sounded like they were to going to criticize him for politicizing the Coronavirus at a time when he has no pathway to the nomination, but I still have no interest in seeing more of him.

I suppose Sunny and Sara will only be in the studio on View Your Deal days from now on, and I’m glad for their sakes. Sunny’s camera started to mess up at one point, and I was like—don’t tell me she’s going to be the next one they use this as an excuse to boot off, leaving the show with Whoopi, McCain, and Sara. Ugh!

Btw, I haven’t been watching most of the shows these past two weeks, so I was interested if they ever mentioned Joe Diffie passed away? Does anyone who watched know?

• Love 5
On 3/30/2020 at 1:18 PM, OnTime said:

Sunny and Sara are idiots for going in the studio.  There is zero reason for them not to be remote. Sara adds very little anyway.

Why are they still there? They are not that important.

Finally!!!  They are remote.

Where was Meghan? Maybe her internet is out completely and she won't  be back on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Congressman Nunes, Whoopie.

Lol.  Bernie, not realizing they're still showing him, snapping his fingers at someone in his house.

Bernie was talking about voting being a right, and then all of a sudden switches to talking about the next stimulus bill.  I was hoping to hear about any efforts in Congress to ensure that everyone can vote by mail, since, for the time being, voting in person is unsafe.

Aw, Alec did a good job!

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 5

I just saw the clip of Whoopi asking Bernie if he's in or not and I thought she was incredibly rude. I'm not saying this as a Bernie supporter, but due to her interaction with other candidates who have been on the show. She was flippant and kept asking the same question but wouldn't let him answer. He said that they were assessing the campaign and she kept asking him what he's doing. I get she doesn't like him, but the way she was talking to him was disrespectful of someone who is on as a guest.

I also thought Sunny saying he's politicizing Medicare for All was dumb. He's been pushing this for years and this pandemic is showing how important it is since people are losing their jobs and thus they are losing their insurance.

Watching the interview makes me glad Trudeau interrupted the show once again. If they don't like Bernie then that's fine, but the way they spoke to him compared to how they talk to others is like night and day.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

This whole remote thing is moving along much more smoothly with only three people.  Maybe that's what they should always do.   Three people at the table, and rotate which three are there on any given day.   That we we won't be sick of all of them at the same time.

Just bring Joy back! 

Sara is getting on my nerves and is no rush for Meghan to come back.

Sunny annoyed me for going into the studio. Today she says her mother (who lives with her) has to be separated because of what Sunny did.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Just bring Joy back! 

Sara is getting on my nerves and is no rush for Meghan to come back.

Sunny annoyed me for going into the studio. Today she says her mother (who lives with her) has to be separated because of what Sunny did.

Yes, I want to see Joy!!!

Enjoying Sara, yeah, Meghan can just stay away permanently with her sour puss.

Sunny should have known better.  I thought her husband was a doctor, no? Makes no sense that she kept going in.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I also thought Sunny saying he's politicizing Medicare for All was dumb. He's been pushing this for years and this pandemic is showing how important it is since people are losing their jobs and thus they are losing their insurance.

These women have a tendency to grab onto a word or phrase (ex. politicizing, intellectually dishonest, journalists making themselves part of the story, etc) that's floating in the politisphere and use it inappropriately. Today,  Sunny starts with the politicizing crap. As you noted, Senator Sanders has been banging that drum for years.  Also, he is a sitting senator and still running for president; there's no way for him to NOT be political about this  What's he supposed to say,  "We should all wait for the sick to either die or get better before we talk about how to treat them?!". VP Biden doesn't currently hold office, yet the ladies have not criticized him for his messages and ideas.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Sunny should have known better.  I thought her husband was a doctor, no? Makes no sense that she kept going in.

Yes, her husband is a Dr. 

But Sunny acted like she was "essential" and kept going  and going in the studio and she in is NY of all places!!

She was worse than those reporters standing on a beach in the middle of a hurricane.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Congressman Nunes, Whoopie.

Lol.  Bernie, not realizing they're still showing him, snapping his fingers at someone in his house.

Bernie was talking about voting being a right, and then all of a sudden switches to talking about the next stimulus bill.  I was hoping to hear about any efforts in Congress to ensure that everyone can vote by mail, since, for the time being, voting in person is unsafe.

Aw, Alex did a good job!

What did Alex do? I missed it.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Maybe Sunny needs to hear advice from Samuel L Jackson: 

Perhaps she'd listen if infected Idris Elba said it.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Obviously I don't know what kind of building Joy lives in, but a lot of old New York multi-unit buildings were built to last and are very hard to get a good internet connection in. Thick walls and brick are great for living, not so great for telecommuting. It may be that Joy simply can't get a fast enough connection to keep up.

The Talk was horrible, made me appreciate The View. Too many people, bad screen layout. 

That makes sense.

And agreed. I'm a big fan of The Talk and know they're doing their best, but the screen layout hurt my eyes. :(

• Love 4
(edited)

Larry David was the best part of the show.  He found out on "Finding Your Roots" that he is actually related to Bernie Sanders.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Sunny thanked ABC and The View for letting her work from home.  😮

Sunny clearly has a stylist at home there with her so she is still not completely isolating.  Sara appeared to do her own hair and makeup.

Whoopi kept interrupting Sanders when he was replying, cause she didn't like what he was saying.  But with these remotes, it is counter-productive to interrupt and it just makes it take longer and feel more awkward.  Wonder is they will banish Whoopi now for not doing a good job with remote moderating?  🙃   Whoopi also messed up when they gave her the intro to the Larry David video, but I am sure she will blame the producers.  She is not good at changing things on the fly.  But at least she is not cranky.

I feel like they are just repeating themselves, but it was like that before the pandemic.  I did think Sara's story about her parents and her siblings was good, as it is likely what everyone is going through and a lot more relatable than hearing about Kim K or Jason Biggs isolating in luxury and essentially having a staycation.

Unless they get better at remote broadcasting, or they come up with better topics, I'd rather watch anything else including the daily news conferences.  

It's interesting to see various broadcasters/hosts  trying to switch to remote, it is clearly not an easy switch.  I watched Colbert the other night, and he was kind of painful, but then John Oliver was his guest, and he was fantastic.  Nicolle Wallace got off to a very bumpy start but she is much better now.

• Love 5
(edited)

Whoopi is trending on Twitter for her questioning of Bernie today;  people either loved it or hated it!

Edited by bannana
my gif might have been sending the wrong message!
  • Love 4
(edited)

Did someone give Whoopi, Sarah & Sunny some of Meghan's blue cards of stupid "gotcha" questions?  They kept interrupting Bernie while he was explaining the non-partisan stimulus plan to ask snippy questions.  I liked it when he told Sarah he was going to change the topic back to the most important thing right now - how to deal with the pandemic!  But then Sunny asked the partisan question and accused Bernie of being partisan when he responded.  They've proven that they all need to go on hiatus.  The View is not an essential service.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

Sunny clearly has a stylist at home there with her so she is still not completely isolating.

How do you know this?

We do know that she sleeps  with her makeup on and is likely wearing a wig.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Sara’s Alec did the “take a little time” sign off. 

Thanks he must have been so cute. I'll have to watch on youtube.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Okay, I love Sara but why does she have four (four!) pillows of her dog on her couch?  

Have you seen View your Deal? They had a pillow deal that was half off and it was so good that Sara had to get it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, jungki said:

I feel like Whoopi's question to Bernie is a bit disingenuous. Maybe Bernie was being unrealistic about his chances to win, but to blame him for Hilary Clinton losing is ridiculous.

I don't agree with that at all. Reading about the exchange via online articles, I have to say that Whoopi asking him why he's still continuing on when he's already lost again is an entirely fair question. He poisoned the well last time, so it's not like it's an out-of-nowhere thing to grill him over.

The election was already in Republicans favor after two terms of a Democrat as president,

Yeah, and that's exactly why every little thing mattered in 2016. Bernie keeping his supporters enraged right up to the convention long after he'd already lost is just one of many things that could've made the difference if they hadn't happened. I see Whoopi, Sunny, and everyone else's harping on him as the world having learned its lesson after living through that once.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
51 minutes ago, OnTime said:

How do you know this?

We do know that she sleeps  with her makeup on and is likely wearing a wig.

I don't know this, cause I am isolated in my house 2,000 miles away from her! 🙃

I was making the assumption because she is the only one who has full on pancake makeup plus false eyelashes.  The rest of them are likely doing their own makeup or having a family member help them.  MeAgain has stated that she knows how to do camera-ready makeup but even hers is not like the in studio glam make-up.  MeAgain actually does a great job with her makeup and looks better than in studio.

I guess it is possible that Sunny can do that kind of make-up but in the past when she has tweeted photos of herself dolled up for an occasion, she has thanked her stylist/hair/makeup people.

• Love 5

lol Did Meghun submit those questions for Bernie, all Sara was missing was to mention all these people coming to the US for healthcare.

binoculars watching GIF by Originals

Political decisions affect many aspects of our life. A lot more people are without healthcare now that they don't have jobs. If he is not going to win then what the hell are people mad about. Calm down. They should start including Ana.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, falltime said:

lol Did Meghun submit those questions for Bernie, all Sara was missing was to mention all these people coming to the US for healthcare.

binoculars watching GIF by Originals

Political decisions affect many aspects of our life. A lot more people are without healthcare now that they don't have jobs. If he is not going to win then what the hell are people mad about. Calm down. They should start including Ana.

That question of Sara's about long wait times in countries that have universal health care was annoying, especially now.  I am pretty confident  that Canadians are quite relieved during this time.  If you lose your job, which many have, you still have health care if you get sick.

I don't know why she asked that question, it has been refuted many times over.  The bottom line is, Bernie's actual message of health care for all is very timely, but it is too late for the US at this point, I would think.  So they will likely to have spend spend spend to mitigate the impact.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny clearly has a stylist at home there with her so she is still not completely isolating.  Sara appeared to do her own hair and makeup.

You know Sunny. 🙄
She's sooo vain....I bet she thinks this song is about her...🎵 

Whoopi also messed up when they gave her the intro to the Larry David video, but I am sure she will blame the producers.  She is not good at changing things on the fly.  But at least she is not cranky.

on the contrary...she has been so relaaaaxed this week. 

It's interesting to see various broadcasters/hosts  trying to switch to remote, it is clearly not an easy switch.  I watched Colbert the other night, and he was kind of painful, but then John Oliver was his guest, and he was fantastic.  Nicolle Wallace got off to a very bumpy start but she is much better now.

Kelly and Ryan are so BAAAD at it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I don't know this, cause I am isolated in my house 2,000 miles away from her! 🙃

I was making the assumption because she is the only one who has full on pancake makeup plus false eyelashes. 

She sleeps with her makeup on so she probably never took it off since mid March. 

Just keep it on and she is easily ready at 11:00am!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, bannana said:

They should start including Ana.

Exactly! Sara doesn't add much so why is she there and not Ana?

Ana could make Meghan rip out her remote equipment, since she can't storm off the set.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6