Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/30/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Part of me thinks Whoopi's grandchildren are helping her do the show and that's why she's doing so much better from home. lol  And it's funny, too, because she's much better-dressed via camera than she ever is on the show itself. I have a feeling she must fall into a limo still half-asleep and only wakes up when she's at the studio.

Whoopie has been better-dressed at home.  And seems more relaxed and light-hearted (of course, only having to deal with Meghan for the one hour they're on the air would lighten anyone's mood.  And Whoopie has a cooler hat collection than Meghan does).

I'm watching Colbert's first show back since they've been off (two, or even three weeks?), and he said his daughter did his make-up, and one of his sons is working the camera, so it's not out of the question that Whoopie's grandkids are doing the same.  I looked it up, and interestingly, two of Stephen's three children are 25 and 22, just like two of Whoopie's grandchildren. (He also has an 18 year old son, who might've been the one helping out.) 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

...it's funny, too, because she's much better-dressed via camera than she ever has been on the show itself. I have a feeling she must fall into a limo still half-asleep and only wakes up when she's at the studio.

It's funny because I've thought the very same thing!  Especially today.  She looked very nice!

I've always liked Sarah and now more than ever, she does not seem to be putting up with MM's nonsense but in a nice and courteous fashion.  That seemed pretty clear today - well, to me. 🙂 

The show has been "interrupted" here almost every day.  Last week was the first time the program was on from start to finish  Probably not so many interruptions because "the guy in the White House" (TM Whoopie) is having his "updates" later on in the day.  Maybe to get better ratings than "The Bachelor"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why does she have to put up with Messy's nastiness? It irritates me that she gets away with so much and everybody has to just deal with it.  Megan clearly does not like Sara and why would she want to come back and get abused by her.. Abby went to the producers numerous times about Messy and nothing was done. 

Agreed. They shouldn’t have to handle Meghan. I know these ladies make good money, but you couldn’t pay me to sit at the table and take the abuse. I treat people well, and most people are nice in return. I’ve experienced that occasional coworker who gets rude and snappy even when I’ve done nothing wrong. When it becomes a regular occurrence, you can go from loving your job to dreading it. I can’t imagine having to deal with someone talking down to me on camera all the time and having to keep my cool. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And it's funny, too, because she's much better-dressed via camera than she ever has been on the show itself.

Wait, what?  Better dressed?  She looks like I do when I am at home and don't wear a bra.  Except today she haphazardly threw on a necklace that didn't match what she was wearing.

I have also noticed that her stylists have transported all of her questionable fashion choices from the studio to her home.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, bannana said:

Wait, what?  Better dressed?  She looks like I do when I am at home and don't wear a bra.  Except today she haphazardly threw on a necklace that didn't match what she was wearing.

I have also noticed that her stylists have transported all of her questionable fashion choices from the studio to her home.

I think Whoopie buys her own clothes for the show. I doubt any stylist worth her salt would dress her so bad. The thing is Whoopie has a great shape that she hides under the tents that she wears. I remember that week she wore dresses high heel shoes bras and skirts years ago and she looked great.. They had her wear bold colors that complimented her dark skin.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

No meals on wheels in Atlanta.

That is awful.  So many depend on this service.  That made me check our area and as far as I can tell people are still getting their deliveries.

Is Sara's other show still taping?  Does she do segments on GMA?  If she's already in the studio (and apparently not afraid of infection) it makes sense for the producers to drag her in and set her butt in the chair.  Otherwise I doubt she'd be filling in as a host (from home).

• Love 4

One thing the show could do is check in with former co hosts and see how they are doing.  Abby got the hell out of dodge just in time. Good for her and her kids. I wonder if her husband is still in NYC.

The View always has a scheduled week off in the Spring. That either should have already happened or should be happening soon.

I for one have always watched the show for the hot topics and been part of forums (this one and the late lamented TWOP) to discuss those hot topics. But now that the show is all virus talk it's just not as much fun anymore to watch and comment on .

• Love 12

Maybe some laypeople are saying it, but I don't think anyone with a medical degree has said the malaria drug would be, as Meghan said, "the vaccine", but that it could possibly help if you already have the virus.

Whoopie's actually moderating!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

There she goes again ... using big words she doesn't understand!!!  LOL.

Now would be a good opportunity for Meg to brush up on her vocabulary.  After she cleans her guns of course.

And speaking of speaking English what was Whoopi talking about re saying something in Amazonian?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, lusinia said:

Whoopie has been better-dressed at home.  And seems more relaxed and light-hearted (of course, only having to deal with Meghan for the one hour they're on the air would lighten anyone's mood.  And Whoopie has a cooler hat collection than Meghan does).

I'm watching Colbert's first show back since they've been off (two, or even three weeks?), and he said his daughter did his make-up, and one of his sons is working the camera, so it's not out of the question that Whoopie's grandkids are doing the same.  I looked it up, and interestingly, two of Stephen's three children are 25 and 22, just like two of Whoopie's grandchildren. (He also has an 18 year old son, who might've been the one helping out.) 

I wonder if the fact that Whoopie is home, and can take a hit off a joint during commercial breaks has something to do with why she is so relaxed!!   😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Maybe some laypeople are saying it, but I don't think anyone with a medical degree has said the malaria drug would be, as Meghan said, "the vaccine", but that it could possibly help if you already have the virus.

Yes there is evidence the drug helps people already sick. The hope is it can help people with serious symptoms recover so critically ill patients can receive care.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, merriebreeze said:

Cuomo's on. Bye, Kim

I shut it off when she came on - but figured Cuomo would cut in soon.  

I'm sick of seeing celebrites telling me how they are coping....with full hair and makeup, and in their beautiful mansions with so much square footage and different rooms that they could social distance from each other in their own homes.  Of course, we get the requisite Instagram photo of the family bonding over a board game or on a sofa watching a movie.  What I want to know is - who is taking these photos if the whole family is in them?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Now would be a good opportunity for Meg to brush up on her vocabulary.  After she cleans her guns of course.

And speaking of speaking English what was Whoopi talking about re saying something in Amazonian?

Not on yet here to answer your Amazonian question, but to the other, isn't there a desk calendar thats a new vocabulary word a day?  Maybe we should all chip in .50 and send her one lol.  Better yet, she may already have one LOL.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yup, like I figured— Joy had no patience for that clusterfuck. 

Somehow I doubt Joy is off by choice when it would have been a nice break from her isolation. Most likely Whoopi was annoyed she talked over her and threw a hissyfit.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
The quote function yet again.
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Someone asked why Sunny and Sara are going to the studio every day. I think a lot of it has to do with vanity - I doubt either lady (especially Sunny) would subject themselves to being home without expert lighting, makeup artist and hairstylist to get them ready. They are each too involved with their appearances on television - especially Sunny.

I'm so glad they had 'View Your Deal' today - NOT!!!  And the fact that 'these are small businesses' that Sara keeps pushing doesn't help; viewers want to help the small businesses in their own neighborhood. If they want to help 'small businesses' then encourage viewers to check with their local restaurants, and see if they have a donation to a charity or a go-fund-me-page for their laid off staff members. That would go a long way with making a donation with the money they would be spending by buying the unnecessary crap they're pushing on TV. 

I think Sunny still comes into the studio because she’s a complete workaholic.  Sarah comes in because she’s a team player. I think she was somewhat coerced into it, because she came out that first day with a somewhat pissed off look. She was not the Sarah I’ve always seen.  She did not want to be there. 

I also think it was stressed to both of them that the show would not work with no one in the studio. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy's off again, and so am I. If they have a problem with having five people, it should be one day of Joy, then one day of McCain. If any of them should be off, it's McCain considering she has the lowest seniority of the group.

I bet she would want that as well.  This preggers might be hard right now and i think wouldnt mind being off.  I would gladly thats for sure.  I feel for all the pregnant women out there in these times.  What a very very scary thing to be going through.  I keep seeing the Handmaid's Tale in my mind lol.  The movie, i havent seen the series.  Or the Stand.  Insert fav apocalyptic book, movie, series

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Somehow I doubt Joy is off by choice when it would have been a nice break from her isolation. Most likely Whoopi was annoyed she talked over her and threw a hissyfit.

Plus i think she needs to vent.  She cant go out or see a friend.  Phone gets stale after a while.  Steve is going to get sick of hearing it after a while. She needs the outlet. Imho.  Plus i would rather Joy as the 4th heh 😎

• Love 10

Meghan's like "If I have to do it, everybody has to do it!"  (Not that they shouldn't; it's just that her worldview only encompasses things that affect her.  If it doesn't concern her, she doesn't care.)  She actually sounds like she's not thrilled to be spending 100% of her time with her husband.) 

4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder if the fact that Whoopie is home, and can take a hit off a joint during commercial breaks has something to do with why she is so relaxed!!   😂

I've wondered that, too.

2 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Or the Stand.

I wondered yesterday if CBS might decide to delay showing the new miniseries.

Right after the show, switched to CNN, where they're showing Gov. Cuomo's news conference, and he's talking about how his brother Chris has been diagnosed with the virus.  Andrew is talking about how fortunate they are that their mother did not go stay with his brother two weeks ago like she and Chris had initially wanted her to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy's off again, and so am I.

Why can't they just have Whoopi, Joy, Sunny and even Meghan remotely? They are the co-hosts.

No one needs to be in the studio.

• Love 6

Mags: "As you know, I'm pregnant...." and so it begins.

I only got about half the show...AGAIN. I wish they would just go on hiatus until this is over. And KIM?!!!!! Yeah..nothing says "we're all in this together" like a vapid millionaire, swanning around her 50 room mansion.

At least with Mags being at home, she can make it to the toilet if a barfing spell comes on.

Be afraid, Ben....be very afraid.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan's like "If I have to do it, everybody has to do it!"  (Not that they shouldn't; it's just that her worldview only encompasses things that affect her.  If it doesn't concern her, she doesn't care.)  She actually sounds like she's not thrilled to be spending 100% of her time with her husband.) 

I've wondered that, too.

I wondered yesterday if CBS might decide to delay showing the new miniseries.

Right after the show, switched to CNN, where they're showing Gov. Cuomo's news conference, and he's talking about how his brother Chris has been diagnosed with the virus.  Andrew is talking about how fortunate they are that their mother did not go stay with his brother two weeks ago like she and Chris had initially wanted her to do.

wondered yesterday if CBS might decide to delay showing the new miniseries....

Do they have an air date yet?  Yeah i would postpone a year perhaps.  If they were still in Post, it might not even be done and had to shut down.

She actually sounds like she's not thrilled to be spending 100% of her time with her husband.) 

well the divorce rate has skyrocketed lol

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

ll taping?  Does she do segments on GMA?  If she's already in the studio (and apparently not afraid of infection) it makes sense for the producers to drag her in and set her butt in the chair.  Otherwise I doubt she'd be filling in as a host (from home).

No - that show has been 'furloughed' so to speak, and now they are doing COVID updates each day for an hour.

Everything I've been reading for the past season or two has suggested that show is not doing well in the ratings no matter how they try to revamp it  (adding the third host).  I have a feeling ABC may just cancel it at this point. Strahan has his GMA stint, so he's all set. Sara most likely will return to this show. Who knows where third host Keke will show up - maybe as a rotating host at 'The View'?  We shall see...

Everyone there seems to like Sara except Meghan. No surprise there...I'm sure she feels she's a threat. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Oh ok i caught it.  She needed to say 'we'll be right back', and said Brian told her she needs to say it in English, not Amazonian @Haleth

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Do they have an air date yet?

I checked, and in January they announced it would begin airing in the fourth quarter of 2020.  No word lately, though.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

No - that show has been 'furloughed' so to speak, and now they are doing COVID updates each day for an hour.

Speaking of this - they should move the COVID show into the Views slot, let the View go on hiatus and air some classic episodes of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' - I need me some 'Love in the Afternoon'. 

• Love 5

Again, I’m tired of the view being constant virus topics. Talk about something light...and stars talking about their isolation tips is still virus talks!  We hear it on the hews, the daily local briefings, specials, papers, online news, etc.  I’d really like to see a few fun/lighter stories.  Ones that aren’t virus related preferable(e.g. there are always crazy advice questions on Reddit or things like dear Abby...maybe discuss a topic in one of those?).  But at least show some of the song parodies or creative things people post, if not .  Maybe it’s not possible, but it gets a bit much and I’d like a break and this is a good show to,provide that break.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Again, I’m tired of the view being constant virus topics.

I just don't believe that absolutely nothing else newsworthy, is happening in the world right now! I mean...seriously?!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Oh ok i caught it.  She needed to say 'we'll be right back', and said Brian told her she needs to say it in English, not Amazonian @Haleth

Yeah, I heard that but have no idea what it meant. Did she bungle a previous hand off to commercial with her typical word salad?

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I checked, and in January they announced it would begin airing in the fourth quarter of 2020.  No word lately, though.

Since most shows and movies have stopped production I’m guessing things will be pushed back. The Stand would require a bunch of cgi which takes time so I’d be surprised if they can get back on schedule. Besides, it might be a bit insensitive to air a show so soon about a lethal pandemic.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

Speaking of this - they should move the COVID show into the Views slot, let the View go on hiatus and air some classic episodes of 'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' - I need me some 'Love in the Afternoon'. 

Since ABC no longer own it or have rights to it, will never happen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since ABC no longer own it or have rights to it, will never happen. 

OK then air classic episodes of the View.  I for one would love to see the shows with the original lineup of co hosts.  I don't know if ABC is locked into advertising contracts and have to air new episodes or not but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.  Also the same with VYD.

• Love 5

Something definitely happened BTS.  Joy is not there and there is no explanation.  Then Whoopi throws to MeAgain, several times.  At the close of the show, Whoopi asked them if they had a chance to say all that they wanted to say, and went to MeAgain.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There were clearly delays with Joy's feed, which happens when there is limited bandwidth. Joy wasn't intentionally over-talking, she heard the others a few seconds later.  I was just on a GoToMeeting this morning and you could see delays between lips moving and hearing what others were saying. We had to all shut off our videos and just talk to stop the delays/overtalking.  Maybe The View should do a radio show or podcast instead.  Whoopi could just stay in her pajamas.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

They all clearly have delays.... It's more that Joy didn't stop talking when Whoopi wanted to speak. While we're on the subject, why doesn't Whoopi take a day off either for that matter? She's only supposed to be there four days a week anyway. I'd much rather Joy be moderating this show.

I wish Joy would start throwing her weight around like Whoopi and McCain do when they try to "silence" her. There is absolutely no justification for her not being on this show at this point.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10

I don't think today's show was live.   Kim K was on Jimmy Fallon last night wearing the exact same outfit and hair and telling many of the same stories.  Maybe Joy didn't want to tape 2 shows yesterday?....

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm thinking Whoopi is a happy little camper!!  She doesn't have to endure the drive to work & gets to plant her butt in her favorite chair for an hour & play "Queen Tut".  It's all good for her!!!

I know what woman wouldn't like to be Queen Tut for an hour?

• Love 3

Meghan always seems to talk down to Sara...and people tend to do that to those that intimidate them.  Sara has common sense, is relatable, had empathy..but doesnt let it cloud her judgement. 

I recall br Meghan went into quarantine that Sara said she wanted a stop to politicizing this, to work together etc...and Meghan basically talked down to her about how cute it was what she said, etc.

Lastly, Joy is almost too angry now...she's almost as bad as Meghan.  Meghan is home..but she proves the point that if it involves her..she cares.  If it doesn't, she would still be dismissive..imho

• Love 6