Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/30/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Scheduled guests for the week of MARCH 30-APRIL 3 are as follows (subject to change): Sara Haines guest go-hosts

Monday, Mar. 30 – ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl (author, “Front Row at the Trump Show”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Mar. 31 – Kim Kardashian West (“The Justice Project”)

Wednesday, Apr. 1 — Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Apr. 2 — Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Apr. 3 — Day of Hot Topic

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I don't understand why they are continuing to go on the air when Trudeau, Trump and Cuomo will all be doing press conferences during that time. It's safer for them to stay at home instead.

Depending on the time zone, it isn't getting pre-empted everywhere. There were a couple days where I live where we missed the first five or so minutes but got the rest of the show live. Now that I'm working from home, I'm glad the show is there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

At least Joy should be on Monday.

I guess Kim Kartrashian is coming on because of all the drama with Taylor Swift. *eyeroll* Never liked her or her hubby, so it's not like I needed yet another reason to avoid her interview.

10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Kim Kardashian.  Great. Another rich celebrity self isolating in luxury we get to hear from. 

Since they put "The Justice Project" after her name, I assume she'll be discussing her documentary of the same name, which is about mass incarceration and prison reform. She's pretty involved in activism in this area. 

• Love 6

Thank you, NutMeg, for some uplifting comments.   "WAKE UP AMERICA!  YOU ARE DYING AT EXORBITANT RATES!"      At least, that's what I think she said.   Thank god she didn't decide to go into medicine.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Yay!  They gave Joy a better setup.  

Whoopie looked annoyed that the rest of them didn't magically know who should talk first.  Also, if she's going to insist on moderating from home, she needs to moderate, and call on people.  The cable news channels often have this many people on from separate locations now and don't have this confusion and problems with talking over each other.

Did you catch that face Meghan made when Sara, who apologized to her upfront, said something after Sunny spoke? It was brief, because the camera shot changed.  She looked like a 5 year old!  Of course, she is dressed like one today, so....

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10

Evidently all this time, she’s  been trying to look and act like a normal human being because since she’s been at home, she looks angry, nasty and bored.  To think, previously,  we may have been treated to her best behavior😳.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Does this show have their director or producer anymore?  This is worse than their usual new normal.

I knew one member of the White House press corps possibly had coronavirus, but hadn't heard about a second.  Their briefing room is tiny; I think they only started social distancing in there about 10 days ago.  But then yesterday at the daily WH press conference, which was held in the Rose Garden, while some of them were far apart, three reporters in the second row (the front row was administration officials) were sitting side by side!

• Love 7

Sunny and Sara are idiots for going in the studio.  There is zero reason for them not to be remote. Sara adds very little anyway.

Why are they still there? They are not that important.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Maybe like a lot of us she decided to not bother washing her hair. 😊

It’s a bad look.  The hats too big and goes out too far and shades her entire face.  If she’s covering up she needs a different style of hat.  I didn’t realize how much I missed Joy!  Much better setup for her.  

• Love 18
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Yay!  They gave Joy a better setup.  

Whoopie looked annoyed that the rest of them didn't magically know who should talk first.  Also, if she's going to insist on moderating from home, she needs to moderate, and call on people.  The cable news channels often have this many people on from separate locations now and don't have this confusion and problems with talking over each other.

Did you catch that face Meghan made when Sara, who apologized to her upfront, said something after Sunny spoke? It was brief, because the camera shot changed.  She looked like a 5 year old!  Of course, she is dressed like one today, so....

I did catch the face...whew what a face too!  Worse than the usual eye roll.  Does she not realize we can see her?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Can she possibly even look another way?

Pregnancy is really going to do a number on Mags and if people think she's unbearable NOW?!!!!

I'm sorry but I'm having a really difficult time imagining her as a mother!  Maybe she's totally different in her private life--at least I hope so.  

• Love 12

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Joy is still having trouble with the remote broadcast. I wouldn’t be surprised if she says screw it and stays off for the duration. 

I hope she doesn't. I mean, this show's made it clear they don't mind trainwrecks since they've kept McCain employed two years past her sell-by date, so why should Joy be worried about disrupting this show's nonexistent flow at this point?

At the end of the first segment, Whoopi seemed pissed that Joy kept talking over her, but Whoopi already got her turn to talk once already. Big whoop if Joy decides to speak a second time, both Whoopi and Sara got to. Besides, going by the show's normal speaking order, it usually goes Whoopi -> Joy -> Sunny -> Meghan -> Joy -> Meghan -> possibly Sunny again if there's time -> Whoopi for the remainder. It was a predictable order that seemed to come into being when they were trying to curb McCain’s screaming way back when. You’d think following the order would be even easier now they’re not even in the same room together.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Just started watching, and holy bitchiness batman. Meghan didn't need to get snappy with Sara like that. 

Didn't Sara leave because she couldn't handle Meghan. I think this just reminded her of why she left the show in the first place.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Didn't Sara leave because she couldn't handle Meghan. I think this just reminded her of why she left the show in the first place.

Well, Sara looked completely unfazed to me; she seemed like she knew McCain would be upset and didn't care, but said sorry upfront to be polite because Sara has manners. If Sara is thinking about returning, that's the attitude she'll have to take, steeling herself not to care about McCain's shitfits because they're the only thing guaranteed to happen on this show daily. The rest of them learned to deal with it mostly by not caring anymore, and being just as rude and dismissive back to her. I doubt any of them communicate with her aside from when the camera is running, whereas when Sara left, McCain had just started and that was still the phase when everyone was babying her. Besides, Whoopi loves Sara, she would take care of her.

• Love 7

Also every snow needs about ½ of it in fluffy topics. I’m getting tired of covid19 all day every day, as well as trump and politics.  I get enough of that everywhere else...do something to brighten my day, not torpedo it!  I know they’re now more political, but don’t overdo it and I don’t go to the view for my virus info either.  

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

All of them should be isolated with the director muting all but the one who should be speaking.  Pinhead can make all the faces she wants.

yes, please mute whoever is not talking...…...should be easy to do

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I think Sara has grown and matured these last couple of years.  She's had babies close in age and is now raising in NYC.  The oldest son is at the age of eternal questions to Mom.  I honestly dont know how she does and i thought i saw her start to breakdown, but she was ok.  I would be thrilled if they just let GMA day slide off into the sunset.  They tried. It wasnt horrible, i just want Sara to come back to the View.  She lives, breathes children everyday.  She can handle the big blond baby over there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, deirdra said:

All of them should be isolated with the director muting all but the one who should be speaking.  Pinhead can make all the faces she wants.

I wish you were producing this show. That's so clearly the way the show should be happening right now.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

I think Sara has grown and matured these last couple of years.  She's had babies close in age and is now raising in NYC.  The oldest son is at the age of eternal questions to Mom.  I honestly dont know how she does and i thought i saw her start to breakdown, but she was ok.  I would be thrilled if they just let GMA day slide off into the sunset.  They tried. It wasnt horrible, i just want Sara to come back to the View.  She lives, breathes children everyday.  She can handle the big blond baby over there.

I also really want Sara back. I think she can handle "the big blond baby" too, but she really shouldn't have to. Meghan confuses tough/strong with being rude/bitchy. 

I'm not a mom but do have a lot of patience with little ones when I'm around them because, unlike a woman in her 30's, they're innocent and don't know better.

Sara is a sweetheart. Meghan needs to watch that tone speaking to her.

• Love 14

Someone asked why Sunny and Sara are going to the studio every day. I think a lot of it has to do with vanity - I doubt either lady (especially Sunny) would subject themselves to being home without expert lighting, makeup artist and hairstylist to get them ready. They are each too involved with their appearances on television - especially Sunny.

I'm so glad they had 'View Your Deal' today - NOT!!!  And the fact that 'these are small businesses' that Sara keeps pushing doesn't help; viewers want to help the small businesses in their own neighborhood. If they want to help 'small businesses' then encourage viewers to check with their local restaurants, and see if they have a donation to a charity or a go-fund-me-page for their laid off staff members. That would go a long way with making a donation with the money they would be spending by buying the unnecessary crap they're pushing on TV. 

Edited by ThePurpleArcher
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Someone asked why Sunny and Sara are going to the studio every day. I think a lot of it has to do with vanity - I doubt either lady (especially Sunny) would subject themselves to being home without expert lighting, makeup artist and hairstylist to get them ready. They are each too involved with their appearances on television - especially Sunny.

Sunny, yes. She who has said she goes to bed with make-up on. But Sara? We've seen her without make-up--after she gave birth, and Skyped into the show shortly after. No make-up; hair mussed.  So I don't think vanity has anything to do with it, as far as Sara is concerned.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I would have rather heard the reporters story then view your deal. 

I hated that he was interrupted in the middle of what seemed to be a good story for VYD!!!  I groaned and then turned the channel. 

• Love 14

I think Sara might have to do the show from the studio because it would probably be impossible for her to do it from home and have all three of her kids stay quiet for an hour. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh, did I forgot to mention that Missy looked like an idiot in the baseball cap!!!???

She sure did.  I had to google to see if the St. Louis Cardinals had changed their logo.  But Ms. Cactuslover from the kitty litter state is wearing an Arizona Cardinals hat.  I'm surprised she wasn't going on and on about it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

well that happened.......Good God From Zion.....let's stop with the things to buy portion of the show, a lot of us here in America don't know where our next meal is coming from. No meals on wheels in Atlanta. Who in the hell has money to buy that crap? Oh and Mee-gan, just get yourself a RED WHITE AND BLUE  face mask next time you are on, that stupid cap didn't cover enough of your ugly fat DRUNK face.  LOVE AND KISSES FROM ATLANTA.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Tammee said:

Why does she have to put up with Messy's nastiness? It irritates me that she gets away with so much and everybody has to just deal with it.  Megan clearly does not like Sara and why would she want to come back and get abused by her.. Abby went to the producers numerous times about Messy and nothing was done. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why does she have to put up with Messy's nastiness? It irritates me that she gets away with so much and everybody has to just deal with it.  Megan clearly does not like Sara and why would she want to come back and get abused by her.. Abby went to the producers numerous times about Messy and nothing was done. 

Sara has really been a team player and come through for The View.  Maybe she’s hold a little more power this time around.

• Love 16

5 hours ago, lusinia said:

I think Sara might have to do the show from the studio because it would probably be impossible for her to do it from home and have all three of her kids stay quiet for an hour. 

Part of me thinks Whoopi's grandchildren are helping her do the show and that's why she's doing so much better moderating from home. lol  And it's funny, too, because she's much better-dressed via camera than she ever has been on the show itself. I have a feeling she must fall into a limo still half-asleep and only wakes up when she's at the studio.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
Why does the quote function keep harassing me? lol
  • Love 7