Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E20: Sing It Again

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, dr pepper said:

I thought the the clock test would show loss of bilateral conception, something anyone can observe. Apparently not, but yeah, we needed the drawing to be finished to see if there was a clue.

It measures executive functioning problems as well as spatial dysfunction and neglect. Although if you're using it broadly, which is the only way Maggie could since she's not a neuroscientist, what Richard drew is enough to know that he's not functioning well. Duh.

There was also one drawing from the Weschler Memory Scale, a test that takes 2 hours to administer. It's like a Shakespeare play done in 60 seconds.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Greg Germann was finally given an episode that demonstrates his extraordinary acting ability. He’s believable, no matter the extreme storyline. Not just the angst with the NotSon drama, but with the quiet moments.

Unfortunately, he outshines his other cast members, not by stealing scenes, but by elevating the scenes that he is in.

I didn’t know he was such a good actor!

I watched Ally McBeal during its airing, but honesty I was more interested in the plot and how much exercise I needed to wear Ally’s outfits!

• Love 11
On 4/7/2020 at 5:44 PM, statsgirl said:

It measures executive functioning problems as well as spatial dysfunction and neglect. Although if you're using it broadly, which is the only way Maggie could since she's not a neuroscientist, what Richard drew is enough to know that he's not functioning well. Duh.

There was also one drawing from the Weschler Memory Scale, a test that takes 2 hours to administer. It's like a Shakespeare play done in 60 seconds.

I found it somewhat amusing that the MoCA has been a guest star on both This Is Us and Grey's this season.

• Love 2

It made sense to use it on This is Us because they were trying to figure out if she was impaired.  (Also administered by someone trained in it.)

On Grey's, they already know that Richard is impaired. The question is to figure out where and why.

Catherine is telling Jackson to work harder to figure this out?  She does know he is in plastics, right? A plastics surgeon has no expertise in what's going on with Richard. This is a job for Amelia and Korasic only, as this is most likely neuro. Nothing related to cardio, general surgery, or plastics. It might be a nice touch trying to bring everyone together to save him, but it would be nice if the show tried to stay in the realm of possibility.

THANK YOU!!!  I was screaming at my TV.  Screaming.

• Love 1