Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm In the Media: News, Ratings & Scheduling

I follow Grimm on Twitter and Clair Coffee is six months pregnant. I'll be interested to see how they handle her absence from the show.

When Bree Turner got pregnant they literally put the Rosalee character on a bus, and sent her to live with her aunt for the first half of season 2. I can see them doing something similar for Adalind. It would be nice to be Adalind free for the second half of season 4. I can't see them having Adalind getting pregnant again, after wasting so much of season 3 with that ridiculous plot.

• Love 1

When Bree Turner got pregnant they literally put the Rosalee character on a bus, and sent her to live with her aunt for the first half of season 2. I can see them doing something similar for Adalind. It would be nice to be Adalind free for the second half of season 4. I can't see them having Adalind getting pregnant again, after wasting so much of season 3 with that ridiculous plot.

Maybe Adalind will go on a quest to find her baby and we will be free from the Royal storyline for awhile (hopefully) and yes, congratulations to Clair Coffee. 

We're going to be "free" from all storylines for a while.  According to IMDB, Grimm after the Feb. 13 episode, Grimm isn't coming back until March 20.

My guess is that we're in for another cliff hanger (and I'm sure our newest hexenbiest will probably be part of it).

The story was leading to heavier involvement of Adalind, who is played by Claire Coffee, who just had a baby.  Child care trumps sweeps month.

She hasn't had a baby yet...she's due in May, and filming should be wrapped by then.  Still, they somehow have to conceal her pregnancy until then....

She hasn't had a baby yet...she's due in May, and filming should be wrapped by then. Still, they somehow have to conceal her pregnancy until then....

Claire Coffee is tiny, so a pregnancy will be really noticeable on her. From her website it looks like the baby weight didn't really start showing until January.

January 26, 2015

"The truth is... I'm pregnant! Hiding a bump for five months, especially during winter, is pretty easy, but a six month bump? Impossible."

Since they started filming S4 on July 16, and it usually takes 8 business days to film an episode, episode 13 will be the last episode filmed before the baby weight will really start showing. I'm expecting there to be much less Adalind starting in episode 14, when the show comes back in March, and that will last all the way until end of the season.

Will they put Adalind on a bus like they did Rosalee in S2, or will Adalind be constantly standing behind big boxes? Who knows?

Claire Coffee has already missed 4 of the last 11 episodes. Congrats to the actress obviously, but for this season Adalind will definitely have a reduced role.

• Love 1

Bitsie talks about Juliette being a Hexenbeist and the inevitable Adalind-Juliette showdown.

One thing she keeps emphasizing is her reasoning why Juliette doesn't go to Nick first with the news is that Grimm and Hexenbeist are mortal enemies which...really? I'd think all wesen are enemies of Grimm but Nick is the exception to that rule so...yeah, her reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense. And she's trying to hint that this would be a real relationship hurdle for them which seems more manufactured drama.

Although the whole Monroe-Rosalee mixed wesen issues now kind of parallel Nick and Juliette. Monroe and Rosalee can overcome it but Nick and Juliette possibly can't.

BIG Grimm scheduling news.

Grimm is moving to Fridays at 8PM starting on March 20th after it comes back from the break. Dateline gets expanded to two hours.

Here is the full schedule:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2015/01/23/nbc-slots-grimm-for-earlier-time-come-march-383513/11205/

What happened to Constantine? 

Also here is a sneak peak of the next Grimm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3Z35Vdt40#t=85

Edited by TVSpectator

Constantine only has 13 episodes this season. The season will be done after the finale airs on 2/13.

Oh, thanks, I asked only because I thought NBC cancelled it (which is weird because I thought Constantine was doing good, rating wise). 

Oh, thanks, I asked only because I thought NBC cancelled it (which is weird because I thought Constantine was doing good, rating wise).

Constantine hasn't been canceled yet. But the ratings have been quite low. NBC seems to want to finish airing the entire season before making a decision on the show.

My guess is that since Dateline gets good ratings for Friday, NBC decided that they might as well expand it from one to two hours, moving Grimm to 8PM as a result.

There are pros and cons to the new earlier time for Grimm.

PROS:

Gets out the way of Shark Tank, which gets the highest ratings on Friday.

It is still on Fridays, so the change isn't too major.

CONS:

Gets out of the way of Glee, which gets the lowest ratings on Friday.

8PM is generally a worse slot than 9PM in prime time.

Grimm's ratings have been really stable for the last couple of years, strong enough for multiple seasons, any kind of time change could threaten that.

The big question is has NBC renewed Grimm for season 5 yet?

I follow Grimm on Twitter and Clair Coffee is six months pregnant. I'll be interested to see how they handle her absence from the show.

Damn that Rumpelstiltskin, anyhow.......

• Love 1

HELL YEAH! Awesome news!

100th episode here we come!

That's right that would happen in the fifth season. They better make a good episode for it. I was really happy when I saw it got renewed.

Edited by blueray

Yay! Grimm, Chicago Fire & PD, and Blacklist have all been renewed. That is awesome!

I do love Grimm but please don't take this the wrong way....

So now it's confirmed that Grimm will get a fifth season, can they start to explain, in detail,  the Royals, Coins, Baby Diana, and many other back stories/mythology of this show? It's, IMO, getting a bit ridiculous that they haven't even explain to us "why" the Royals and Baby Diana are so important expect for some half-ass attempts. I mean we had to wait for four seasons for them to finally explain why and how Wesens can tell Nick is a Grimm, by just looking at him (and the secret is in his eyes)!

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Well, crap.  I just watched the finale of "The Mentalist."  Now I'm down to watching TWO shows a week (besides "Jeopardy!") - "Grimm" and the Brit show on PBS "Death in Paradise."   ...that's cool. DIP is shown on our local station on Fridays at 8, and Grimm is on Fridays at...$%^&*  I do not have the capability to record, having given up cable & relying on a leaf antenna, which has a connection that's totally foreign to my DVR.

The entertainment universe is out to get me.

well - as of Feb 18, it looks like the local newspaper took some photos of an episode filmed on the Park blocks downtown. This is the location fictionally outside of the doors of the police building, and is a few blocks from the real newspaper. It seems to show the officers + Monroe looking at a man with white makeup and a white substance on himself who has died and is lying in the street.

Staff are wearing heavy coats but it is 45-55F. Earlier this week it was unseasonably warm.

The one time I saw Grimm being filmed in Portland, it was when I went by the Juliette house on Prescott st. From a distance you could see them filming T.Rubel on her blue bicycle next to a shiny silver car, and it turned out they were filming an episode shown only about six weeks later, where she was confronting someone watching their house from the car. It is interesting that the script writers, production, and editing can happen so quickly. No wonder they end up with minor plot angles that they have to drop or change in order to make something make sense later.

For people local to Portland....

I just got my OPB magazine today and, at 8pm on April 30th, Oregon Art Beat is doing an episode on "The Art of Grimm."  Here is the description:

Meet the local artists who help create that distinctly "Grimm" look for this locally shot fantasy series.

Now, I just have to remember to set my DVR!

More from Claire Coffee about the baby twist.

I feel like there has to be some other twist about this HexenGrimm baby. I do like that Adalind isn't giving up on Diana and also interesting about the hints at just how dark Juliette may go.

‘Grimm’ Falls to Series Low with 1.0 demo ratinghttp://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/03/28/tv-ratings-friday-cristela-slips-grimm-falls-to-series-low-hart-of-dixie-finale-flat/380716/

STUPID pregnancy storyline! Claire Coffee deserves better!

To be fair, it was up against basketball. But....judging by the reaction I've seen in the forums and on twitter, the writer who came up with the asinine Adalind/Nick baby story line probably deserves some blame as well.

• Love 3

Also, they keep moving it around the schedule instead of leaving it at a good consistent time, which I think should be either 9 or 10. Last night one of the local stations had it on at 8 which I think is too early in general and another had it on at 10 after a baseball game. This is never good.

For fellow Canadians:

Tonight (17 April), because The Amazing Race runs a two-hour episode, Grimm will not be available on CTV. It will be instead available on CTV Two at the same time it is aired on NBC (20:00 EDT). In places where CTV Two is not available (Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the territories), the episode can be found on NBC without simultaneous substitution.

Next week (24 April), Grimm will be back on CTV following TAR.

For fellow Canadians:

Tonight (17 April), because The Amazing Race runs a two-hour episode, Grimm will not be available on CTV. It will be instead available on CTV Two at the same time it is aired on NBC (20:00 EDT). In places where CTV Two is not available (Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the territories), the episode can be found on NBC without simultaneous substitution.

Next week (24 April), Grimm will be back on CTV following TAR.

Thanks, @TV Anonymous!