Type keyword(s) to search

Grimm In the Media: News, Ratings & Scheduling

Media mentions of Grimm...

Brief interview with James Frain.  In it he says he wouldn't turn down returning to Grimm.  Don't worry, that is not a spoiler, just something he said when asked in the interview.  However, spoilerphobes may want to avoid the whole article, just in case

I liked this snippet

Frain has nothing but good things to say about his experience on "Grimm," even though other TV show and film commitments took him away from it.

"The show is really taking off. People are really fond of it, and he's a great character," he says. "To me, a great character has a sense of humor, and that's what sells it...

• Love 2

Media mentions of Grimm...

Brief interview with James Frain.  In it he says he wouldn't turn down returning to Grimm.  Don't worry, that is not a spoiler, just something he said when asked in the interview.  However, spoilerphobes may want to avoid the whole article, just in case

I liked this snippet

Tbh, I barely even remember his character and felt Alexis Denisolf's (sp?) character pretty much played the same character type.

I also see, from here, that it looks like it will be a great Grimm panel at Comic Con.  I'm quite jealous of those that will get to attend.

Friday night fave “Grimm” will return to Comic-Con with a panel on Saturday, July 26 at 3 p.m. in Ballroom 20 that will feature an exclusive video. The panel, moderated by Mary McNamara of the Los Angeles Times, will include cast members David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee, Bree Turner and Claire Coffee, as well as executive producers David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf and Norberto Barba.
  • Love 1

Brief interview with James Frain.  In it he says he wouldn't turn down returning to Grimm.

What character did he play again? Oh, Renard's brother. OK. One of the Euro sub-sub-plot guys. The Royals, the Verrat, the Council, the Resistance... They're all the same to me. The show would be better off ditching the entire Adalind-Royal family arc. Every time there's a scene change to Europe we always groan, "Oh no. Not Again," and get up for a snack.

• Love 1

What character did he play again? Oh, Renard's brother. OK. One of the Euro sub-sub-plot guys. The Royals, the Verrat, the Council, the Resistance... They're all the same to me. The show would be better off ditching the entire Adalind-Royal family arc. Every time there's a scene change to Europe we always groan, "Oh no. Not Again," and get up for a snack.

No wonder, it's easy to just spouting dialogue in the background for him.  Yeah, they're all so forgettable.

Finally making my first post here from TWOP (RIP) after I noticed that no one has posted a link to the panel at this year's Comic Con so here it is.  No real big news unfortunately to come out of it.  The moderator and the Q&A session could have been better I thought

• Love 1

I'm disappointed that no one from Grimm seems to be scheduled to attend DragonCon in a few weeks. Last year, Silas Weir Mitchell and Claire Coffee came out to promote the show. They didn't give away any more than was promoted at Comic Con, but they earned/solidified a good fan base by attending.

• Love 1

We're a little over three weeks out, so we should be getting stuff soon, she says hopefully. With Constantine being paired, you'd think the PR Dept. would have a fun time coming up with spooky/creepy seasonally appropriate ads. I've seen ads about Scorpion and Jane the Virgin for what seems eons (since the end of May/June). More than just a teaser would be appreciated. (Just not run into the ground like the two campaigns I mentioned.)

I live in Portland and today I bicycled by the Juliette house at Prescott avenue (which was pointed out in the Oregonian) and they were setting up to film tomorrow. The house had red garland around the front door columns, which many might first associate with Christmas, but the lawn had little plastic crocuses and tulips in it, so perhaps they were trying to make it look like spring. It still looks a lot like summer around here, so they would have a hard time making it look like the rainy season today. There were a couple security guards drinking coffee and signs saying to move your car 10/6 for filming or it would be towed.

I don't necessarily see a lot of grimm activity on my pathway around town, although I knew they would have to move the trailer when I saw condos start to go up on the vacant lot. A lot of other people in Portland say that they see the film sets downtown a lot, but then they'll add that they don't watch the show or own a television set

• Love 1

A lot of other people in Portland say that they see the film sets downtown a lot, but then they'll add that they don't watch the show or own a television set

LOL!  That sounds about right, even though we know they all do. 

Thanks for the eye on the ground report.  It seems to me like this show has been on haitus for about a brazillion years.  I've missed it terribly.

• Love 1

yeah - seriously. Grimm has a lot going for it or a sense of style, that most television crime shows or fantasy shows don't have (the acting on CSI which my parents watch is a bit cardboard and the culprit is always the 3rd suspect they consider 10 minutes before the episode ends, and shows like Sleepy Hollow were initially creative but turned into constant, unbelievable violence). Grimm makes Portland look like it is all forest and craftsman houses, and it at least has some  fantasy creatures who are charismatic or have a sense of purpose, and the multiepisode stories hold it together. When the Grimm writers sort of write themselves into a corner and have to break the rules of their own fantasy, it at least helps the story - for example giving Hank the power to also see wesen by the magic rubbing off from Nick, even though grimmness is supposed to have family inheritance. It was also inconsistent when Nick's mother at first is shocked that he would socialize with a fuchsbau and werewolf as though all wesen are problems, but then she adopts Adalind's baby for having valuable traits.  I think I like Renard the police captain and his story the best, and also any multiepisode stories involving a specific type of wesen. The way they typically have to have Nick discover a new type of wesen to solve a crime and then send them off to jail sort of interrupts the flow of things. I'd like to see wesen with a certain type of criminal tendency such as trolls be a persistent presence in the city, and then we could see how the different groups interact.

I couldn't resist biking by 12 blocks out of my way on the way home from work around 4:30p. Didn't want to stop and leer, but I believe what I saw was the crew holding the film camera prepared to shoot a scene with Trubel approaching on a cruiser style bicycle and interacting with someone in a silver high-end car (resembling the latest cadillacs) parked to the side of the house. That could be my misinterpretation and the person with the bicycle could have been someone on their support staff who looked like the actress due to haircut and black jacket, because most of the people standing on the street were their crew. It is clear that they need a few dozen crew to keep it all going. At my job, my coworker Scott got his Volvo featured in this episode of Portlandia because he took it to his mechanic, and the mechanic's brother works on the set of Grimm, and he knew the crew for Portlandia and they needed a Volvo for the hesitating yuppie character Peter to drive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lqKfBp0MyI   

Anyway, it makes you realize that it would be really hard to be a serious actor who can keep their composure and appropriate emotional tone in a scene when just outside of the camera range, there are all sorts of nonactors staring at them, as a major distraction. My friend's sister's husband was saying that he is waiting for Grimm to come film on his street because he wants to go out with a leaf blower and make them bribe him to stop.

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

Grimm has been picked up for syndication by TNT.  It says they plan to start airing seasons 1-3 in early 2015.  I'm curious to see how it fares.  Sometimes sci-fi/fantasy type shows can be shaky in syndication, but I think the "Wesen/case of the week" aspect of the show, could be a good thing for casual watchers.  Either way, this could be another incentive for NBC to keep it around for a few more seasons.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

Grimm has been picked up for syndication by TNT.  It says they plan to start airing seasons 1-3 in early 2015.  I'm curious to see how it fares.  Sometimes sci-fi/fantasy type shows can be shaky in syndication, but I think the "Wesen/case of the week" aspect of the show, could be a good thing for casual watchers.  Either way, this could be another incentive for NBC to keep it around for a few more seasons.

Supernatural reruns do really well on TNT, if Grimm is paired with SPN in the morning it should be OK. Not sure how Smallville and Charmed do, on TNT

When I was more of a geek, I used to be able to tell what time it was by what show was on (for almost every channel, and for primetime) and work out days by movie release dates.

Then I met Mr. Actionmage. :D

Prevailing Wind, thank you for the post because I wasn't sure we were allowed to do the post equivalent of a happy dance.

• Love 1

Hey, guys, no one, and I mean, NO ONE, is happier than your mod about this show coming back! I will be SO happy to see Nick, Hank, Trubel, Monroe, Rosalie, et al back on my screen this Friday!

But now I will scold myself for being off topic.

[mod voice]

Let's stay on topic please!

[/end mod voice]

happy dance!

• Love 1

Very happy Grimm is back tonight. I'm hoping this season will feature Monroe a little more. He was such a key character in S1. I miss him driving around in his VW bug to help Nick on the QT. It might be too late for that, though, with Hank on board now and Wu soon-to-be. So Grimm writers, please, more Monroe and less Adalind.

Over under for the number of episodes until Nick gets his Grimm powers back? I'm gonna guess 3. By the end of episode 3 Nick will be back to his old self. Maybe the super-hearing thing could stay gone.

I've yet to see a promo.  Seen a bunch for Constantine and now they're starting to mention that it's on after Grimm's season premiere, but not the first Grimm promo has lit up my tv screen.  Which is probably a good thing for the hard-core viewers.  The promos are always either misleading or they give away a plot twist.

Never mind.

Edited by Prevailing Wind

Grimm ratings fell to a series low 1.1 in the demo. That's pretty bad. The premiere was also low at a 1.4. Looks like viewers are losing interest in the show.

We maybe seeing the last season of Grimm.

Grimm ratings fell to a series low 1.1 in the demo. That's pretty bad. The premiere was also low at a 1.4. Looks like viewers are losing interest in the show.

We maybe seeing the last season of Grimm.

I wonder if I'm the only one that is waiting to make sure Nick gets his powers back soon before tuning in again (or just confirmation it's better than the finale was). Which hopefully will be soon, since I do miss Grimm (at least the way it was in past seasons). 

• Love 1

Looks like viewers are losing interest in the show.

I know I am. The last episode with the magic snake bringing Renard back from the dead and the Nick-Adalind conciousness transfer thing has brought this show dangerously close to a JTS moment for me. TV shows have a tendency to devolve over time to the point where they're pandering to the lowest common denominator. Usually this involves soap-opera-like plot lines, overwrought emotional drama, and character placement/development suitable for extremely shallow people who just loves them their gossip shows and juicy tabloid romance stories. In other words, the show now seems to be attracting viewers who gravitate to bad television. Let's face it, Hollywood doesn't get rich by pumping out quality shows 24x7, and there are plenty of people out there with very low quality standards when it comes to picking and choosing "their shows". Grimm is getting into lowest common denominator territory pretty quickly now. It's likely a race to the bottom for whatever ratings they can still milk out of it at this point.

I miss what it used to be, and this show should be so much better now in Season 4 than it is.

Edited by Tabasco Cat
  • Love 1

The Scariest Thing About Grimm Is Its Horrific Butchery of the German Language

[slate]

NBC’s Grimm is back for its fourth season, much to the delight of aunts and grandmas the country over. But Grimm has another sub-demographic: German-speakers. Of course, we largely watch for linguistic Schadenfreude—a word that, by the way, actually exists.

Yes, the grimmest aspect of Grimm is the fact that its creators decided to make an entire television program based on (an albeit highly fantastical version of) Germanic folklore without, apparently, consulting a single one of the world’s approximately 100 million native German speakers......

<http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/10/31/grimm_on_nbc_german_language_gets_butchered_every_week_by_this_tv_series.html>

• Love 1

I just saw a popup during The Two Towers on TNT: starting Jan 7 they'll be showing 3-hour blocks of Grimm! There will be so much 1st season goodness again!

Darn it! Was going to post this. David looks like a baby in those promos. It's probably the haircut...

• Love 1

Came home tonight to find that Grimm only recorded (for some reason) the last 20 minutes on my DVR, so it's not watchable.  Le cry!!!! :'(

If anyone knows, how long does it usually take for the latest episode to show up on Hulu, or Comcast OnDemand/Online?  On some networks- like with HBO- it's available as soon as the East Coast showing is over, but as a West Coaster it's not online yet, so I'm not sure if I should just wait a couple of hours until midnight, or if it'll be online tomorrow afternoon, or more like 1-2 days...?

I'm also thinking of "cutting the cord", and shows like Grimm, Face-Off, and others not on HBO would be lost if I didn't have a good way to keep up with them on demand; I'd happily pay the $10/month or whatever Hulu is, on top of Netflix, just to cut that huuuuuuge cable bill.

• Love 1

It is really going to be interesting seeing how Constantine new timeslot at 8PM will impact Grimm's ratings. Will it help because Constantine is a better leadin than Dateline, or will it hurt since Dateline has the better ratings?

Came home tonight to find that Grimm only recorded (for some reason) the last 20 minutes on my DVR, so it's not watchable.  Le cry!!!! :'(

If anyone knows, how long does it usually take for the latest episode to show up on Hulu, or Comcast OnDemand/Online?  On some networks- like with HBO- it's available as soon as the East Coast showing is over, but as a West Coaster it's not online yet, so I'm not sure if I should just wait a couple of hours until midnight, or if it'll be online tomorrow afternoon, or more like 1-2 days...?

Not sure if you already know this but it's on hulu now. I watched it this morning and it worked great. I forgot that there was a new episode.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 1