Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lady Calypso

S02.E15: Third Time's The Charm

DIE TRYING - The Charmed Ones (Melonie Diaz, Madeleine Mantock, Sarah Jeffries) must face their worst fears in order to reclaim the power of three. Also starring Rupert Evans, Poppy Drayton and Jordan Donica. Stuart Gillard directed the episode written by Carolyn Townsend (#215).  Original airdate 3/27/2020 

Wow! This was the most Charmed episode of the reboot since it started! I enjoyed it for the most part. This is the most screentime the 3 sisters have had together in.....likely the entire series thus far and the episode actually ended on the 3 of them bonding! Writers....why havent you been doing this longer?

I think when they do their "power of 3" spell, instead of an energy ball, they should've had it resemble a Triquetra.

While I am glad that we are more of less done with "boring demons are killing witches", humans threatening the magic community probably could've waited another season or two.

• Like 1

Wait, there's a "faction" now? What or who the hell is the faction? Why are we just now hearing about it? Why can't this show make up its mind who the big bad is this season? 

SInce when does having the Power of Three mean the sisters can shoot blue lightening bolt energy out of their hands? They didn't have that before. How would they even know to do that?

So let me get this straight. The Charmed Ones are just hanging around the Elder Lair when an alarm goes off, they see some blip on the map, and go running off half-cocked without knowing what it means or preparing in any way. Wow. That is monumentally stupid. It's like they are just asking to be killed running toward every danger they see without even knowing what it is.

Wasn't it convenient that the acid-spewing monster waited patiently offscreen while the Charmed Ones performed their little Power of Three restoration ritual? Especially since he was chasing them. Mighty polite of him.

Why is this show such a freaking mess?

Kate Burton will take any job that is offered her, won't she? 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Why is this show such a freaking mess?

This pretty much sums it up.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:40 AM, iMonrey said:

SInce when does having the Power of Three mean the sisters can shoot blue lightening bolt energy out of their hands? They didn't have that before. How would they even know to do that?

I believe it was Macy who mentioned it was a power upgrade. 

10 hours ago, Impish Dragon said:

I believe it was Macy who mentioned it was a power upgrade. 

They love to give upgrades out of the blue and for no good reason. You'd think they were selling toys or something.

Well one thing sure hasn't changed from this show from the OG show, the Elders are still dicks! 

This one was at least a little better, in that it did actually have some character stuff that worked alright and we seem to be moving towards some kind of actual plot, but this show is mostly just all over the freaking place. So now we have one of these "government creeps try to take over magic" plots? Already? Its been so long since we saw anything from the greater magical community, it all seems meh as far as plots go. But I guess its better than the dull as dirt killing witches plot. 

So, maybe this is semantics, but its weird to me that they keep talking about "humans" like they're some other species apart from witches. Arent witches humans too, just humans with powers? Or are they some kind of magical subspecies? 

• Like 1

I've never understood hate watching a show...but I suppose that's exactly what I'm dong here.

Nothing makes sense. Writers are making up things on the spot...if you die in your dreams, it's a desirable outcome...but not if all three die? Okay, then.

I'd ask when and how Macy regained her telekinetic powers but I don't care. I had another new episode of this show to watch but I'm far too aggravated to sit through another hour of this drivel.

Edited by Rahul

For me, it's a case of too little, too late.  It's Episode 15 and finally they get the Power of Three back.  

I usually enjoy "what if" scenarios, but I was mostly bored by these ones, and they seemed pretty random, anyhow.  Why was Maggie a little girl again?  Why Mel in a prison or psych ward or whatever that was, with 17th century Jordan?  What did this have to do with them deciding not to get their powers back?  Was it they didn't want their powers back, or they couldn't get the powers back, or both?  I found it hard to pay attention.  They even found a new boring way to shoehorn in Abigail.

I liked Elder Celeste, though.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 1