Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Start Spreading the News

• Start Topic

(edited)

I am going to miss this show and the crazy characters. The Rose’s have all come so far from the first episode. David deciding to stay in Schitt’s Creek and living in that cute cottage with Patrick, Moira leaving her friends behind (got teary eyed when she hugged her friends), and Alexis not taking Twyla’s money and wanting to do everything on her own. It’s all perfect (except I’m still bummed about Ted not coming back). It’s going to be hard watching next week.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 14

Things that made me cry tonight:

1. Twyla and Alexis’ relationship

2. Ronnie crying.

3. The cottage!

4. David and Stevie. Like sobs. Loud sobs.

5. Alexis venturing out on her own.

6. David realizing his family is going separate ways, after he’s decided to stay.

7. David not being done with Schitt’s Creek.

8. David and Patrick and their house. And Patrick promising to make David happy.

I am a wreck 🤧. And so happy.

• Love 20

I loved how thrilled Johnny and Alexis were for Moira when they found out that she got the Sunrise Bay offer.

If I got this weepy and emotional about this week's episode, I'm going to be a mess next week!

David and Patrick are going to live in the cutest house ever, and Stevie can come hang out when she's not opening new motels.

Twyla is definitely the kind of person who money wouldn't change. I totally cracked up when Alexis tried to mentally figure out what half of $92 million was.

I looooved that after Moira initially rejected the Jazzagals group hug, she wanted it after all.

• Love 21
(edited)

Great episode! I agree with all of you. What really got me was Ronnie crying; I never expected that! I'll miss this show so much....David and his expressive faces crack me up so much.  Alexis, too, has the funniest faces, too, especially when confused. Stevie, aww, so happy her best pal is staying behind. I will miss Patrick and his sweetness, Johnny trying his best to hold it together, and Moira. I'll miss Moira most of all. Her whacky wigs and her delectable manner of speaking/ expressions.  I won't miss Roland as I never warmed up to him. I wanted to see that tennis bracelet!  Lol

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 13

The scene with David and Stevie on top of the car was just wonderful. I have always thought their relationship was the most interesting one on the show. David and Patrick are sweet, Alexis and Ted were sweet, and Johnny and Moira are funny, but there's a dynamic between Stevie and David that's hard to define. They are both sort of damaged and can read each other well enough to bring out the best in each other. Stevie admitting she didn't want David to leave her was like a big step for her. Just as it was a big step for David to admit the reason he wanted to be in NY was to prove to his old "friends" he wasn't a joke. It was just sad and touching and so real. 

I didn't care for the reveal that Twyla is a millionaire though. That's just too corny of a sitcom stunt for me. What did surprise me was Ronnie's tears at Moira leaving. The woman isn't made of stone after all. 

This show isn't supposed to be a tear jerker but I have a feeling next week's finale will make me sad.

• Love 22

It seems like the show sort of gave up on the idea that the Roses "owned" Schitt's Creek. They haven't mentioned it in a long time and never really explained exactly what they're supposed to "own" in this town anyway. Probably just as well, I guess. 

I noticed they used the F word twice without bleeping it out. I'm used to seeing the show on Netflix where they don't bleep it, but on Pop TV they used to bleep it out.

• Love 2

I loved this episode and cried a little but just had one issue: Moira downplaying David's wedding date! That seemed like a bit of a step back for her.

Everything else was lovely.

• Love 1

Oh man, if I am getting all teary eyed and mushy watching this one, how am I going to make it through the actual series finale? 

So many feels this week! Moira and the Jazzagals, Ronnie crying (oh Ronnie, you softie!) Twyla and Alexis, but the parts that really got me were the scenes between Stevie and David and then David and Patrick. Stevie asking David to stay with her and why he would want to be in a place where he was miserable and where so many people hurt him, and then David saying that the real reason he wanted to move back to New York was because he wanted to show his old "friends" that he wasnt a joke just felt so real. I figured that someone would be staying in Schitts Creek, and it makes the most sense for it to be David. 

That house looked so freaking cute! And yeah, Patrick, your probably going to want to check on that offer. 

Twyla really is the kind of person who wouldn't change at all after winning several million dollars. 

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Harvey said:

Things that made me cry tonight:

1. Twyla and Alexis’ relationship

Alexis: That's a cute dress.

Twyla: Thanks. My friend gave it to me.

Me: *sobbing*

I am going to miss this show (and these wonderful characters) so, so much.

• Love 22
9 hours ago, Pamela said:

Me: *sobbing*

I am going to miss this show (and these wonderful characters) so, so much.

That moment, right there. It was perfect and beautiful. I love that the show can be so broad and over-the-top, but gift us with these quiet moments that have such impact. It got me but good.  

• Love 14
On 3/31/2020 at 7:38 PM, redfish said:

David tearing up seeing the house.

Dan did such a good job with that - maybe it was the magic of television, but he actually seemed to tear up more and more as the scene progressed.  If I weren't such a cynical skeptic I'd think he was really getting emotional.

I'm not looking forward to next week...

• Love 8

Great episode. Loved how Moira won the battle of Sunset Bay. Loved the Jazzagirls scene. Loved Stevie and David. Alexis refusing Twyla's gift showed tremendous growth. Hate that the show is ending. 

• Love 6
On 4/2/2020 at 12:16 AM, Pamela said:

If you'd told me, even at the beginning of this season, that a moment with Twyla was going to be one of the emotional high points of the series, I wouldn't have believed you.

• Love 11

I was finally able to watch Season 6 (thank you, free trial of YouTube TV) and then almost immediately started a rewatch. The pink dress that Alexis takes back from Twyla saying she doesn't know how that got in there...I'm almost certain it is the dress that she is wearing in the pilot when all of their things are being taken from their home. If it is, that's an incredible little nod and I'm sure done on purpose because Dan Levy is a damn genius. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Dan Levy is a fucking genius and hot as hell.

Alexis has been showing her growth a lot this season and I feel like this episode was the one where we saw David finally grow up. Not only was he willing to stay for Patrick but he was supportive of and concerned about Alexis.

I suspect Moira dismissing the wedding date was for the same reason she automatically assumed the wedding was off when he said he had news.  She doesn't really think it's going to happen.  Hope she's wrong and relieved to be wrong.

Another reason this episode was so good....very little Roland.

• Love 2

I was a pile of goo over Alexis and Twyla’s scene in the cafe, then David and Stevie completely wrecked me. When Twyla stopped by the motel room later I kept thinking, “Dan’s two sisters ❤️“ Damn, I love all of them SO much!

• Love 1