Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E07: We're in the Majors

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

I did laugh my ass off at that. Even better, Rob got three tokens and no one knows it.

I bet SOMEONE else knows 😉

58 minutes ago, AncientNewbie said:

You will see Nick Wilson comment on every former castaway's posts (well, I never did an exhaustive search...) It isn't the "having you over to play with my kids and playing professional poker regularly" bond of some of the real friends, but in terms of name recognition and interconnection, I bet Nick could talk to any one of them about anything in their life and it started as just being an online presence and not (I'm guessing) actively farming for information for a social game. 

I think this is key to Nick's win in his season; after a rough start, he course corrected and showed that he bonds very easily with people. He's everyone's friend, and it seems genuine because it IS genuine. But he's still playing the game - he's just doing it about as cleanly as you can.

12 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

This entire season is circling the drain. All the interesting players are sitting on EOE.

True!  I am hoping they (EOE) have their comps and a group of them go back in.  GAME ON!

11 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Like how Rob found three fire tokens On EOE after Tyson was gloating about him finding the only token hidden there. Tyson isn't as great as he thinks he is.

Rob has a brain.  He knew he couldn't beat Tyson to the top and correctly ran around the lower paths and scooped up the 3 tokens and no one knows.  Brilliant.

Sandra did the same thing last week. She was thinking ahead in a way that probably freaked out Denise. And Sandra was dissing Denise's game to Denise. It was bad social play. Sandra had no way of knowing that Denise already had an idol but Sandra gave control to a person who had every reason to demonstrate that she should not be underestimated.

That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I did notice that when the Edgers all took off running for the tokens, and Parvati (I think) exclaimed "are we just going to leave the rice on the fire??"...you could see someone hanging back, which I think was Amber. It tickles me to think that the mom of 4 instinctively removed the rice while everyone else just booked out of there XD

I thought that was more because she knew Rob was gonna run out and she was like why waste my time and energy on it when I can just let Rob go do it while I relax. Another huge advantage to getting to play this game with your spouse!

8 hours ago, Hera said:

I'm not sure why Adam didn't seem to consider that Sophie might have an idol, but well done to her for avoiding suspicion.

I figured it's because Sophie might be spending more time pretending like she likes Adam than Ben/Sarah are so he thinks she'd tell him if she had the idol. Obviously, Ben is not playing nice with Adam and it seems clear Sarah isn't. Plus, Sarah just almost always comes off sour and pissed off because of how her face is and the way she speaks lol.

4 hours ago, violet and green said:

I hate all that Queen stays Queen stuff, so part of me hopes a woman wins this season and that kinda spoils that statement... But not if that woman is Michele!

I struggle to believe a woman will ever win this game again tbh. And Sandra is probably happy about that lol.

3 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I really love Natalie, too.  I am very impressed by her.  I wish two people could make it back in the game. 

In the first EoE season 2 players did indeed come back in (Rick first, at merge I believe, and then Chris, at F6 or maybe 5.) so it's definitely possible for Rob and Natalie to both make it back in.

I don't understand why more people don't leave EoE. 

I think in this case it's because they're afraid the fans will act like they're horrible human beings for 'quitting.' They don't want to let people down. Sandra don't give a shit about stuff like that though!

• Love 13

Although I don't want anyone already voted out to win the game, I am hoping that the returning player will come back playing extremely hard (similar to Rick Devens) and cause havoc with existing alliances and under the radar game play. Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening with Amber, Danni, Ethan or even Yul and Parvati. On the other hand, I do see Tyson, Natalie or Rob coming back and playing a more aggressive game, especially if they have an immunity idol in hand. I just want to the remaining players to start making moves (a la Denise) and not hide behind others until there's 5 or 6 players left. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I was just thinking of the days of, "Which tribemate is the most annoying?  Reveal..."

Best. Season. Ever.  Poor, delusional Courtney. 😄

Count me in as truly disappointed with the way this season is going.  I love "old school" Survivor and I have watched seasons 1-20 so many times.  The others?  Eh.  I don't even remember many of the newer winners or seasons because everything feels so contrived - I hate the over abundance of idols, producer manipulated situations, etc.  

The twist next season should be that there is no twist (but not tell the cast)  That would be phenomenal.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, princelina said:

I hope so too!  Clearly he's a dick and she's the kind of girl who likes to chase guys who are dicks.  She gave him a fire token to make him happy with her? And then that little chin tickle she gave him after they voted off Yul?  Barf.  I don't mind Adam.

By a mile!  I'd love to see the new-schoolers win a slice of pizza for a reward 😄 

Add me to the list of peeps who would like to see a different challenge than "bag of puzzle pieces" - how about a good old fashioned "how well do you know your tribemates" quiz, or one where they get to break each others urns?

I'm sure I remember back in the first or second season them winning 1 Snickers bar and a can of 7Up

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bouffe said:
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I feel somewhat robbed they didn't bring JT back.  The idea of him, Ben, and Adam on a tribe feels like a weekly 3 Stooges episode.

That thought made me laugh out loud! JT was not the brightest player but I always enjoyed watching him. Adam, not so much. He's condescending, and I dislike the "whoa is me" kind of play he's got going on.

Hold up, now!  Did you forget Fabio?  I guess he could be Shemp.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, princelina said:

I hope so too!  Clearly he's a dick and she's the kind of girl who likes to chase guys who are dicks.  She gave him a fire token to make him happy with her? And then that little chin tickle she gave him after they voted off Yul?  Barf.  I don't mind Adam.

By a mile!  I'd love to see the new-schoolers win a slice of pizza for a reward 😄 

Add me to the list of peeps who would like to see a different challenge than "bag of puzzle pieces" - how about a good old fashioned "how well do you know your tribemates" quiz, or one where they get to break each others urns?

My recollection of older seasons is weak (I had young kids and no DVR) but didn’t they have to eat gross stuff at least once a season? Could the new schoolers do THAT, Jeff?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

The last time they did a break another person's urn or chop something down was in San Juan Del Sur, which was Natalie A's winning season. Didn't Jeff get angry/annoyed at the players for some reason? Maybe that's why that challenge never returned.

At the very beginning of this episode, when Parvati was explaining to the others how she was voted out, did anyone else think she sounded like she was drunk? She even looked drunk when they cut to a talking head. Maybe she was just on an adrenaline rush, but I also wonder if maybe they get a glass of champagne or something when the go to EoE.

How in hell did Rob find three and Natalie didn't get any? She ran up and down that cliff numerous times during the earlier challenge. I smell something fishy or maybe I'm just rooting for her and not him.

You're not the only one who smells something fishy. From the beginning I have held that EoE is the show's safeguard against the "wrong" player getting voted out. Especially after the backlash they got over Chris winning season 38. The real test will be if when Rob wins his way back, will there be some added bonus that he's able to bring along one other player with him? Maybe by buying another person's way back in with a fire token? Like, that won't be at all suspicious.

Rob has a brain.  He knew he couldn't beat Tyson to the top and correctly ran around the lower paths and scooped up the 3 tokens and no one knows. 

Or, to put it another way, the producers placed the tokens around the lower paths where they knew Rob would go.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

The last time they did a break another person's urn or chop something down was in San Juan Del Sur, which was Natalie A's winning season. Didn't Jeff get angry/annoyed at the players for some reason? Maybe that's why that challenge never returned.

Yes he did because they all decided prior to the challenge who was going to win it so weren't really playing

• Love 2

Those fire tokens were "hidden" like you do for the little kids when you hide easter eggs! Totally 'whoever gets t Area A first gets the token'. I can imagine the people that had to carry a billionty logs down the rocky path for a single fire token were not so happy about this all of a sudden devaluing of EoE fire token rewards. If I was Natalie? I'd be PISSED. We kill ourselves for one; now they are just scattered around on the ground.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

If I was Natalie? I'd be PISSED. We kill ourselves for one; now they are just scattered around on the ground.

That's because His Excellency Saint Rob of Boston is now in residence. 😊

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Those fire tokens were "hidden" like you do for the little kids when you hide easter eggs! Totally 'whoever gets t Area A first gets the token'. I can imagine the people that had to carry a billionty logs down the rocky path for a single fire token were not so happy about this all of a sudden devaluing of EoE fire token rewards. If I was Natalie? I'd be PISSED. We kill ourselves for one; now they are just scattered around on the ground.

I don't think she should be too upset, especially considering she got voted out first, but was still able to acquire tokens while there was hardly anyone else on EoE.

• Love 2

I wanted to add how hilarious the background music is during voting at tribal council. It always cracks me up. I don't know what it's supposed to be (some sort of African tribal music??), but there are all these shots of the players sitting there all tense waiting for Probst to bring back the votes, and suddenly you hear some deep-voice male yelling "KURASARO!" or "WAHEEAAH!" or something over the soundtrack. I keep expecting them to jump and go "what the hell was that?"

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Somanydogs said:

Sandra is no longer the self-proclaimed "queen" 🙄.  She is a quitter.  When things got difficult and she realized that she couldn't keep sitting out difficult challenges, she bailed.  Bye bye.

Agree.  I saw multiple opinions in this thread that Sandra had "nothing left to prove."  Okay, cool, stay home then.  If any other player at all had delivered that performance, there would be much tooth gnashing and bitter complaining about all the players who could have filled that spot with some hardcore game play. 

######

Survivor doesn't give us many personal confessions as moving as Ethan's.  (I eyeroll the homesick blues; am I the only kid who went to summer camp?)  At first I thought Parvati should shift gears from her standard high-beam Pepsodent smile, but she ultimately did okay being the friend he needed.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, elizacat said:

I'm sure I remember back in the first or second season them winning 1 Snickers bar and a can of 7Up

You misremember. I know because I've recently watched or rewatched the first nine seasons and that was something I made a point to look for since people kept talking about "Remember when the whole tribe got one can of soda to share?" That never happened except pre-challenge to whet their appetites for a rewards. Just like today. (The one slice of pizza reward that people remember was actually an individual reward of a call home and a slice of pizza. The phone call was the big reward. Gervase won and chose to share the slice.)

Anyways, yes, the food rewards were smaller, but not that much so, and some of those seasons they started with a bunch of food and supplies. (Others they started with very little.) That said, the Survivor food auction in Australia was pretty lame: rewards started with something like 6 Doritos. Of course there is no auction anymore now...

Personally, I think having to watch Jack and Jill and pretend to enjoy it (except Sophie, who I will always love for not bothering to pretend) was the worst reward ever, even if it did come with movie theater treats.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, violet and green said:

I hate all that Queen stays Queen stuff, so part of me hopes a woman wins this season and that kinda spoils that statement... But not if that woman is Michele!

My God! Shut up! And sulky, petulant Wendell can put a sock in it, too.

I was really hoping Tyson would sneak Ethan a chunk of his peanut butter supply. Glad Rob found the tokens. Hehehe.

Almost all the interesting, witty, good-humored people are now on Extinction, so I wish they'd spend more time there than with the dull whining exes or Adam droning away. What is with this season that former little sparklers like Nick are just so flat?

Wendell appeared better-natured on his season - but he had Dom and his playfulness to  bounce off, and is clearly a happier chappy when things are going his way. I thought Dom should have rightly won, anyway. I am chomping at the bit for either Wendell or Michele to get whacked, so I don't have to endure this drag of a 'storyline' for one more minute.

This season is so dull; the tribals, bar last week's, are so dull. I hate everyone! 

Except Tony, Sarah, and Sophie. I want the whole of Extinction revealed as the ones going forward in a mad Probstian-world justified twist, and Adam and Wendell and Michelle to be sent off droning away on a small raft.

If I could LOVE this post a thousand times, I would. Especially the part about launching Adam, Wendell, Michelle (and I'd add Nick) on a raft and making the EOE cast the focal point of the rest of the season. Fuck asshole Wendall, and fuck Michelle for thinking with her va-jay-jay instead of her brain. The EOE cast offs are the only thing left that is interesting about this season. Except Jeremy. He can stay, too. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, candall said:

Agree.  I saw multiple opinions in this thread that Sandra had "nothing left to prove."  Okay, cool, stay home then.  If any other player at all had delivered that performance, there would be much tooth gnashing and bitter complaining about all the players who could have filled that spot with some hardcore game play

Yes, that's sort of how I feel about this whole season made up of millionaires while some people send in their applications every year just praying for a chance. 

Sandra didn't think she had a good chance of winning a challenge so she went home, without even the slightest idea of what the challenge would be.  Someone just reminded me of Courtney, skinny little girly girl who tiptoed through most challenges as if she was afraid of breaking a nail.  Then she surprised everyone and won an immunity challenge!  It called for balance and endurance, the same qualities Amber used when she won challenges. 

Sandra had about a one in  20 chance of winning two million dollars.  I would stick around for those odds  even if I knew the challenge was going to be weight lifting -- and you know they would never disadvantage the women that much.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, that's sort of how I feel about this whole season made up of millionaires while some people send in their applications every year just praying for a chance. 

Sandra didn't think she had a good chance of winning a challenge so she went home, without even the slightest idea of what the challenge would be.  Someone just reminded me of Courtney, skinny little girly girl who tiptoed through most challenges as if she was afraid of breaking a nail.  Then she surprised everyone and won an immunity challenge!  It called for balance and endurance, the same qualities Amber used when she won challenges. 

Sandra had about a one in  20 chance of winning two million dollars.  I would stick around for those odds  even if I knew the challenge was going to be weight lifting -- and you know they would never disadvantage the women that much.

Heck, even if I knew I had zero chance of winning the game after coming back from EoE, getting $100K (or maybe even n $200k this season) for second place would be worth it.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, simplyme said:

You misremember. I know because I've recently watched or rewatched the first nine seasons and that was something I made a point to look for since people kept talking about "Remember when the whole tribe got one can of soda to share?" That never happened except pre-challenge to whet their appetites for a rewards. Just like today. (The one slice of pizza reward that people remember was actually an individual reward of a call home and a slice of pizza. The phone call was the big reward. Gervase won and chose to share the slice.)

Anyways, yes, the food rewards were smaller, but not that much so, and some of those seasons they started with a bunch of food and supplies. (Others they started with very little.) That said, the Survivor food auction in Australia was pretty lame: rewards started with something like 6 Doritos. Of course there is no auction anymore now...

Personally, I think having to watch Jack and Jill and pretend to enjoy it (except Sophie, who I will always love for not bothering to pretend) was the worst reward ever, even if it did come with movie theater treats.

Lol fair enough I do have a vague recollection of Jeff cutting up a snickers so I guess that was the pre-challenge taster!

• Love 1

haven't read anyone's comments and am watching now.

One thing I like about Sandra is she is not sentimental. She knew she would not win the challenge so the best thing for her was to leave and be comfortable. Others found remaining in the game, even if their chance to win is minimal, worth the experience of playing Survivor. Neither approach is right or wrong.

Adam thinking Ben and Sarah have the idol, using his Side senses. He does not even consider Sophie!

Wendell is a jerk and Yul picked up on it. Maybe he and Michele will kick him off.

And maybe they will since they just lost the challenge.  Glad Denise is safe. I hope Yul survives this tribal. Now Wendell clings to Michele.

Oh no, now Yul is pulling a Sandra!!!  Guys, vote for Wendell!! I wonder if Wendell just sealed his fate with his Michele.

Oh rats!!!!! Good-bye, Yul!

And Wendell doesn't like Michele touching him.

And Sarah and Sophie get the tokens.

• Love 3

Sandra is no longer the self-proclaimed "queen"

I'm not a fan of someone calling themselves "queen" to begin with. It reminds me of when Stephanie called herself "America's Sweetheart." Ugh. It's fine if others want to call you that but calling yourself that is an ugly look.

Sandra is supposed to be "queen" of Survivor because she won twice, right? Well, Tina Wesson was the first female winner of Survivor, doesn't that make her Queen? What is the criteria for being Queen anyway? I don't think they have nailed down those rules. It's not like anyone voted. 

• Love 7

Watching Michele trying to get Wendell's attention is starting to get really uncomfortable - as in "hearing my parents having sex" uncomfortable. Michele, honey, he's not into you. 

I hate that Yul ended up on a tribe with these people. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Yes, that's exactly why. And it's annoying. Who cares that people outsmarted the game and made Jeff mad? I'm with everyone that wishes they would bring back some variety to the challenges. They are all relatively the same now.

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I wanted to add how hilarious the background music is during voting at tribal council. It always cracks me up. 

This reminded me, what the hell was up with that song they were playing in the scenes leading up to TC? I don't recall them ever playing that before. It sounded like some kind of pop song or something. So bizarre to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

One of the things about 'old school' seasons was Jeff was way more in the background during challenges and even during TC. He was more content to let people talk. 

I mean, letting people just talk is how we wound up with scenes like this:

Now Jeff has to be front and center in everything. It's kind of annoying.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

7 hours ago, kstar821 said:

The twist next season should be that there is no twist (but not tell the cast)  That would be phenomenal.

Yes!  I keep saying (in case production reads here I will keep repeating it 😄 ) that they should do a season one reboot - all of the challenges, rewards, etc. the same and see how the newbies play it!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, elizacat said:

Lol fair enough I do have a vague recollection of Jeff cutting up a snickers so I guess that was the pre-challenge taster!

in australia they shared a mouthful of mountain dew and a Doh-Ree-Tooo. #Tina

• LOL 1
On 3/25/2020 at 6:09 PM, tracyscott76 said:

I think Wendell benefited from Domenick being there in his first season. They were the dominant pair, but Domenick was more...out there, I guess, and drew most of the negative attention, right or wrong.

I'm digging Adam, too, strangely. The show isn't missing any opportunity to show him messing up or being wrong, which makes me pull for him.

You’re right they’re giving him the classic underdog edit....I guess I’m in with him too

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, endure said:

You’re right they’re giving him the classic underdog edit....I guess I’m in with him too

I don't think he's getting an underdog edit.

I think he is getting a 'look at this arrogant little weener coming unstuck!' edit. It is not a positive, plucky little fellow on the bottom pulling through, against the odds edit at all. They are highlighting him pouting, being delusional in his talking heads, mansplaining and being wrong, and every physical fumble he makes, poor sod. they may as well play wacky music every time he comes on screen, or little violins.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 3/25/2020 at 6:36 PM, princelina said:

Yes i wanna see the new schoolers eat grubs, worms and baluts or whatever they’re called.....it’s got to get a lot tougher for them 🤗

• Love 4

I didn't see Sandra leaving as quitting, but more that she retired.  And no matter who wins this and gets a big ol' 2 next to their name, she will always be the first person who did it.  People who get their records beaten in sports aren't erased from the books, but are still admired for being someone who set the bar.

I liked when Parvati was listening and talking to Ethan.  It was interesting - and very nice - to see her use her personality outside the game play we're usually shown.  Maybe some of what has been seen as conniving is just a person who is skilled at connecting with others, kind of like Cirie has done.

• Love 9
On 3/25/2020 at 8:32 PM, susannot said:

But isn't Kim  "old school?"  She is still there, has not yet been targeted by anyone, and I am rooting for her.  Failing her, Sophie or Sarah.

The dividing line between the "schools" that has come out during this season seems to be S20, Heroes vs Villains.  Anyone who first played before that season is "old school", and everyone who first played after that is "new school". 

Which is actually interesting in regards to Tyson.  While he's an "old school" player, per that dividing line, he's actually a "new school" winner, since his winning season came after HvV.

On 3/25/2020 at 8:33 PM, tracyscott76 said:

In fairness, he didn't go "plunk...plunk", it was more like a simultaneous plunk, and their bins were right next to each other, so it was easy to miss.

I think I know why Yul did that too.  At least, I think I have a guess as to Yul's logic.  Yul was primarily allied with Sophie before the shuffle, so it makes sense he'd give an advantage to an ally that didn't just vote him out (since Nick and Wendell were the other two members of the Unconnected Alliance).  But Sarah was also on Dakal with Yul and Sophie.  And I presume Yul assumed that Sophie had been working on allying with Sarah since the shuffle.  So giving Sarah a token as well would likely help solidify that alliance between those two women.  (Yul not being aware they were pretty solid already thanks to the HII Sophie found.)

On 3/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, Somanydogs said:

Sandra is no longer the self-proclaimed "queen" 🙄

Queen stays Queen until and unless a new Queen is crowned.  And given the pattern of the last few seasons... Queen's probably staying Queen.

13 hours ago, elizacat said:
13 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Yes he did because they all decided prior to the challenge who was going to win it so weren't really playing

First, it wasn't all of them; just the majority alliance.  Secondly, they were deciding during the challenge.  As in actively discussing as a group who would next get their coconut chopped in order to get the end result they wanted.  Peachy decided to chop the Gordian knot instead and declared the challenge over in the middle of it, with their "elected winner" (Missy, if I'm not mistaken) winning.

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Sandra is supposed to be "queen" of Survivor because she won twice, right? Well, Tina Wesson was the first female winner of Survivor, doesn't that make her Queen? What is the criteria for being Queen anyway? I don't think they have nailed down those rules. It's not like anyone voted. 

Tina was indeed the first Queen of Survivor, since she was the first female winner.  That also makes Hatch the first King of Survivor.   After that, there's two ways of looking at things. 

One view is that every other male winner since Hatch has been a Prince of Survivor, and all other female winners Princesses.   Sandra herself was a Princess until she won again.  That's what allowed her to de-throne Tina as Queen.  (Tina should now be considered Queen Emeritus.)    And if a man ends up winning this season, he will take the title of King of Survivor from Hatch.  But Sandra will still outrank him since she accomplished two wins first.  Or this:

22 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I didn't see Sandra leaving as quitting, but more that she retired.  And no matter who wins this and gets a big ol' 2 next to their name, she will always be the first person who did it.  People who get their records beaten in sports aren't erased from the books, but are still admired for being someone who set the bar.

The other way to look at it is that every winner takes the crown and title from the previous winner.  That would mean that Tommy is the current King of Survivor.   And the reigning Queen would be Sarah.  But Sandra's two wins would actually allow her to claim the higher title of Empress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/26/2020 at 1:11 AM, Daisy said:

but i do think (as someone stated above) the seeds are completely being planted to do a legit old vs new school (probably no winners), but seeing people from seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (and some teens) vs the other ones. (i know that John + Neleh (and like i said Vee), Coby etc, have all stated that they'd love to go back, but they've never gotten the call. )

I never saw all of seasons four or five.  But from what I saw of interviews with John, the guy is hilarious and it would be great to see him come back.  I thought Coby had a miserable time on HvsV, or am I thinking All-Stars?  I thought he did not want to play again.

23 hours ago, kav said:

The scene with Parvati and Ethan on Extinction was very moving.  

I have never been a fan of Parvati, I always found saw her as someone who goes out of their way to be cruel to others.  However, I did like seeing her in a different light last night and it was touching seeing her talk to her friend and give him encouragement.

16 hours ago, DannyRugg said:

I guess I'm the only person watching who enjoys Ben. Yeah he made a couple of mistakes early on, but he's a powerhouse in the challenges and I enjoy his quirky humor, such as changing his voice when talking to nutty Adam. I know I will now get totally slammed.

Ben does not bother me either.  He seems to have a pretty good sense of humor and would probably be someone who could be fun to hang out with. 

16 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Awwwwww....no Survivor shaming allowed here.  LOL.  

Ben doesn't bother me at all.  Truth be told, I like him way more than Adam or Sarah.  I can't stand either of them.  

I am not a fan of Sarah.  As for Adam, well I am starting to find him highly annoying.  I do not remember him being like this in his original season, but as I say below I have a hard time recalling what happened in recent seasons.

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I struggle to believe a woman will ever win this game again tbh. And Sandra is probably happy about that lol.

If you want to see women win Survivor you have to check out Australian Survivor.  A woman has won three times out of the four completed seasons.  The non-winners who dominate the game tend to be women as well.

So much so I brought it up in the thread for the show.  I find it interesting that over here the men tend to dominate (for the most part, there are exceptions to the rules), while over there the women seem to dominate.  As I said in the other thread, I am not sure if it is a cultural thing or Aussie Survivor cast stronger women and not just models.

Anyway, that was my weekly praise of Australian Survivor.  Now back to our Survivor.

14 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Aww Yul says this on Twitter:

This is why he will always be one of my favorite winners (Kim and Earl are right up there with him) because he seems like a real nice guy.  Not phony.

14 hours ago, AUJulia said:

My recollection of older seasons is weak (I had young kids and no DVR) but didn’t they have to eat gross stuff at least once a season? Could the new schoolers do THAT, Jeff?

Oddly enough, I have better recollection of older seasons and cannot remember what happened in recent seasons.  Same goes for Big Brother, I spent a couple of hours trying to remember who won the last season of Big Brother.  I finally did, wish I had not but I did.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Working class here - I don't even know one person who went to summer camp

Echo that.  For my sister and me “summer camp” was two weeks in the summer on our grandparents’ farm helping them dig potatoes, pick corn, slop hogs, bust up the fields, and harvest tobacco.  I was the only 12-year-old in my class who knew how to drive a tractor.  
Actually, I think that two weeks was more my parents’ vacation than mine....  😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I love how Adam gets so fucking aggravated and pissy when he is on the bottom (hehe), but he always manages to eek through.

If I were them, I'd get rid of Sophie first chance I got at the merge. Bitch is just too scary-good on those puzzles. Also, I finally learned her name.

Also, the fire token bullshit is just that. Just play the fucking game.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well, I don't remember voting for her... and I mean just because some watery tart threw an immunity idol at you doesn't make you Queen.

A watery tart essentially threw Excalibur at King Arthur, but I think his reign had already started by then.

Also... Are most queens other than prom/homecoming queens elected? It seems to be a matter of birth or marriage in most cases. I should definitely go to bed. 🤦‍♀️

17 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I bet SOMEONE else knows 😉

This made me laugh and think back appreciatively to someone (was it Natalie?) telling Rob she was pretty sure Amber would tell him if she'd found any tokens.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:
On 3/26/2020 at 1:11 AM, Daisy said:

(i know that John + Neleh (and like i said Vee), Coby etc, have all stated that they'd love to go back, but they've never gotten the call. )

I never saw all of seasons four or five.  But from what I saw of interviews with John, the guy is hilarious and it would be great to see him come back.  I thought Coby had a miserable time on HvsV, or am I thinking All-Stars?  I thought he did not want to play again.

I'm guessing that they meant Coby from Season 10 (the season Tom won), not Colby from Australia/All-Stars/HvV.

Edited by tracyscott76
Removed some extraneous sentences

Can they please do a Runner Ups Rumble season! I’m thinking there can’t be winners though — so no Parv or Boston Rob. 

Dream Cast

Kelly
Colby

Ozzy

Amanda

Courtney

Russell

Woo

Stephenie

Coach

Philip

Gervase

Spencer

Tasha

Edited by SoWindsor
  • Love 7

Don't forget there was that show "Queen for a Day" many, many years ago.  If we use that example for "Queenship" it is a temporary title to be replaced as soon as there is a new queen (in this case, the very next day).  I guess royal titles can be fleeting-looking at Harry and Meghan (no longer use the term "royal" and not to use HRH).  What will really undermine Sandra's self-appointed title is if she really does 'retire' from Survivor-out of sight, out of mind.

12 minutes ago, SoWindsor said:

Can they please do a Runner Ups Rumble season! I’m thinking there can’t be winners though — so no Parv or Boston Rob. 

Dream Cast

Kelly
Colby

Ozzy

Amanda

Courtney

Russell

Woo

Stephenie

Coach

Philip

Gervase

Spencer

Tasha

That would be great, you can even add Aubry, Mike White, definitely Domenick, Chrissy, Brad, Chase, Danielle and Stephen Fishback. If more women are needed, then maybe Jaclyn.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, SoWindsor said:

Dream Cast

Kelly
Colby

Ozzy

Amanda

Courtney

Russell

Woo

Stephenie

Coach

Philip

Gervase

Spencer

Tasha

Aubry too

Culpeppers could be in that list (though I am no fan of them)

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This reminded me, what the hell was up with that song they were playing in the scenes leading up to TC? I don't recall them ever playing that before. It sounded like some kind of pop song or something. So bizarre to me.

YES!  I noticed that same thing and was like WTF?!?  It was like some sort of sexy R&B jam, totally different than the usual faux tribal music they usually play.  

• Love 2

Based on the show edits thus far, which of the remaining survivors (I'll leave EoE players off the list at this point) have the best chance of winning the game. This is purely based on edits and not so much on actual game play. Here's my opinion:

Very small chance to win: Tony (has mostly had comedic relief footage), Wendell (the antagonist edit), Ben (shown more for his sidekick antics than his actual game play).

Small chance to win: Kim (edits are slightly better now, but still very under the radar), Adam (On one hand he's getting a lot of air time, but on the other hand, the edits make him look out of touch and a goofball).

Decent chance to win: Nick (still under the radar, but his confessionals have been better lately), Michelle (her edit shows that she'll likely make it far, but too much drama being shown for the ultimate winner).

Good chance to win: Denise (obvious reasons), Jeremy (confessionals have been consistent and good), Sophie & Sarah (both have been solid from beginning)

What does everyone else think?

• Love 1

@Nashville, I grew up on a farm (dairy and chicken houses) so your 2 weeks of summer was my life (my least fave jobs were scrubbing cow 💩 off the dairy walls or picking up dead baby chickens). 

I thought it was horrible and boring at the time but feel differently looking back. It definitely wasn’t summer camp lol.

• Love 2