Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Can't Buy Me Love

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

RM sitting on the edge of the bed in her $4 nighty and BigEd rubbing her feet skeeves me out...her foot will either be in his mouth and/or rubbing his junk as soon as the camera crew click the door shut.....Ack! gag!

was it my imagination....or did Rosemarie have VERY hairy legs ?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

You answered your own question. He can't take a train because he doesn't speak Russian or Ukrainian and wouldn't know how to get a ticket. (Let's pretend that the film crew doesn't have a translator.) I don't think that Anya would help him, either, because she wants no guilt over what could happen to him.

Good thought . . . but how did he rent a car?  How do you decline insurance and know to bring it back with a full tank of gas?  LOL.

• Love 6

Usman's mom's city is Sokoto.  I checked for hotel listings, and hotels.com has zero while TripAdvisors has 9.  Out of those 9, there are a total of 4 pictures, and 3 reviews.  Several reviews mentioned the adequacy of the generators during outages, but panned their noise level.  From what we saw, the one they stayed at was probably one of the best!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

was it my imagination....or did Rosemarie have VERY hairy legs ?

Betcha her pits, lady bits are hirsute too.....

BigEd better not  “Bungle in the Jungle”...betcha he wishes he had a neck when doing that in the sack.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I would NEVER rent a car to drive through a country whose language I do not speak.  

I know, even if David was using his GPS it would be unnerving if you made a wrong turn!  He seemed all too comfortable with driving around and finding an internet cafe, bet it is not his first time driving around Russia or the Ukraine looking for Lana or Anya or whoever.

• Love 5

So who is the most delusional this season, Yolanda, David, or Babyhurl Lisa?

Yolanda - I think her story line is either fake or a reenactment.

David - I have my doubts about his bona fides, too. We know this isn't his first rodeo on the Russian/Ukrainian mail order bride circuit. Surely, he must be aware of the scammers by now, especially since everyone he talks to points it out to him. I think he was just looking for TLC to pay for his trip to the Ukraine. Someone with better interweb skills than mine (looking at you, @Christina) should try to find Lana's website.

Babyhurl Lisa - She's my choice. She seems to really believe that Usman is a genuine slebrity, and that someone of his age and looks would view her as anything other than a green card ticket. 

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know, even if David was using his GPS it would be unnerving if you made a wrong turn!  He seemed all too comfortable with driving around and finding an internet cafe, bet it is not his first time driving around Russia or the Ukraine looking for Lana or Anya or whoever.

We live in Arizona, and I have had the opportunity to drive into Mexico (past the border towns).  This was before the days of GPS, but I had a good map.

Almost as soon as we got across the border and out of the border town, I felt vulnerable.  Our American custom of street signs, highway markers, etc., was not in existence there.  At one point, my adult son and I saw a stack of old tires with a sign that read something like "no pissere tyros."  My American brain wondered why it was necessary to tell people not to pee on the tires.

These days, I could pull out my smart phone and look for a translation.  But now I can't remember how the sign was spelled, so I still assume that it was a warning not to pee there.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 3/26/2020 at 1:50 PM, magemaud said:

David has oversized polo shirts in every color under the rainbow! For his meeting with Lana, he has chosen purple. I guess he is also planning to wear it for either "horseback riding or bowling" or both. Is Lana going to wear her blue dress for that? If I was meeting a woman for the first time after a 7 year online "relationship," I don't think getting on a horse or heading to the bowling alley would be my first order of business, but hey, that's just me. 

I know! So crazy that horseback riding or bowling are the first activities he thinks of doing!  Did you notice the length of his pants?  His pants were all bunched up around his ankles which makes me wonder why he cannot find a tailor in Las Vegas but can find an internet cafe in Russia is no problem.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Okay, at first I thought Stephanie just had never been with a woman but feels like she's gay and this episode I think it's strictly to boost her social media presence.

I refuse to believe that David is this stupid.  He must be some actor right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know! So crazy that horseback riding or bowling are the first activities he thinks of doing!  Did you notice the length of his pants?  His pants were all bunched up around his ankles which makes me wonder why he cannot find a tailor in Las Vegas but can find an internet cafe in Russia is no problem.  

I think David dresses like someone who used to be much, much larger and has recently lost weight.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Someone with better interweb skills than mine (looking at you, @Christina) should try to find Lana's website.

I think there were screen shots in the couples thread of two different websites she has profiles on.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

When he was walking Lisa to their accommodations, Usman said he had booked the Chalet Suite

Maybe she expected a luxurious Swiss Chalet? 

Usman, standing by the bed: “Would you like me to perform for you again?” 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But now I can't remember how the sign was spelled, so I still assume that it was a warning not to pee there.

I have seen the wet floor sign in Spanish which is piso mojado.  It makes you wonder what exactly the puddle is.  Even in English the sign is odd, it sounds like a command.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Darcey:  I'm not normally rude to strangers, but if I'd been in that restaurant when she walked in, I'd have laughed and stared and surreptitiously taken her picture to post on Facebook.  I live a sheltered life and would have assumed she was the first hooker I'd ever seen in real life.  

The other customers were probably instructed by the director Tom pretend not to pay any attention to Darcey’s arrival. Most New Yorkers have “seen it all” anyway and a blinged out hooker is nothing new

I remember when this was filmed, a poster had said her boyfriend was a bartender at that restaurant and saw the filming although he wasn’t sure whether it was a new guy or a thinner Tom. Now we know 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

So this “dabbing” song, which seems to be quite popular, makes me wonder if the hookah instrument that Usman carries with him is for dabbing.  I had to google it and up came a bunch of sites for substance abuse and rehab.  Does Lisa even know about this dabbing?  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Some general observations that could carry over the entire season:

Anya is really pretty. She seems like a nice person too. I hope TLC is paying her well (honestly, not snarkily). I think David is 65 in real life. He absolutely grosses me out. I bet his bathroom is carpeted, including the toilet lid.

Ash's crazy eyes make me feel very uncomfortable. 

The Chalet hotel actually looked pretty nice to me, all things considered. BGL is an ass. I'm quite sure she's never stayed at any great shakes in the US so who is she to judge. I admit I didn't know that SOJABOY wasn't Soulja Boy. Well, not really - I heard Soulja Boy when I had the show on in the background and thought oh I'm familiar, I've heard that name before, not realizing one was the American rapper and one was a TLC character.

I don't think Stephanie is at all gay. Like not even in the slightest. It's a stunt on her part and an insult to EriCAH.

ETA: Darcey. In her talking heads she looks dreadfully hungover. I think she's one of those women who believes that larger bosoms will make her body/weight gain appear smaller.  

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 16

Both the pedicure and upcoming foot massage were Ed's idea. Rose might not like having things done to her feet. I get regular pedicures but I confess they're creepy and not relaxing for me. The first time I had one, a friend was in a chair across from me and said I looked like I was in the electric chair. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2020 at 12:34 AM, mamadrama said:

I think Darcy has some severe abandonment issues. It's not Tom or Jesse that she wants, it's the fact that THEY don't want HER. Despite all her "strong woman" platitudes, her whole identity is based around men and attention from them.

Every time I've heard a woman in person, or on FB, declare themselves to be a "strong woman" I immediately know they are anything but!

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Lily247 said:

ok my 2 cents on Varya. She IS coming across as opportunistic. Idk why people think she is assertive, she comes across as trying very very hard to please him. I wouldnt be surprised if she was talking to 8 different American men on the "intetnational dating website" which is probably headlined "Meet Beautiful Russian Women Ready for Marriage", maybe like Lana's site but a touch less sleazy. For obvious reasons I dont like Geofrrey but he seemed to have a misunderstanding of the website. Ill bet Geoffrey was by far the youngest suitor Varya had on the site (Most likely a lot of David types).

Yeah, I've side-eyed Varya first episode.  She seems way too smart to want a relationship with that idiot.  

Meanwhile, if you are going to be so paranoid that someone is using you for a green card, how about not dating internationally?

He knows that no matter how many muscles he builds, how nicely groomed he is, he is one empty shell with nothing to offer.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Both the pedicure and upcoming foot massage were Ed's idea. Rose might not like having things done to her feet. I get regular pedicures but I confess they're creepy and not relaxing for me. The first time I had one, a friend was in a chair across from me and said I looked like I was in the electric chair. 

I get creeped out by pedicures too !

• Love 2

I love Stephanie's declarations prior to meeting Erika:

• She's my soulmate!  I can't wait to kiss her in person...

After meeting her:

• We can't kiss right away.
  • We can't have sex right away.
  • Ok, now we can kiss but I'm just not going to really kiss you passionately.
  • BTW, this relationship isn't going to work unless you move.
  • Oh, the common cold could kill me so I'm really worried that you would stay with me b/c I'm going to die.  My disease makes things complicated!  So hint, hint, you don't have to stay!

If this isn't for reality show fame, she must've figured out pretty quickly she isn't gay.  Meanwhile, poor Erikah.  Find someone that really wants you.  Not more followers.

• Love 24
21 minutes ago, Colfrmb2 said:

So this “dabbing” song, which seems to be quite popular, makes me wonder if the hookah instrument that Usman carries with him is for dabbing.  I had to google it and up came a bunch of sites for substance abuse and rehab.  Does Lisa even know about this dabbing?  

I don't think I've ever seen Usman without very bloodshot, red eyes.  Given that he has to be with Lisa, I don't think there's enough weed on the planet to make that situation palatable.  He may need to switch to crack.

Edited by cynicat
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

After meeting her:

• Oh, the common cold could kill me so I'm really worried that you would stay with me b/c I'm going to die.  My disease makes things complicated!  So hint, hint, you don't have to stay!

If this isn't for reality show fame, she must've figured out pretty quickly she isn't gay.  Meanwhile, poor Erikah.  Find someone that really wants you.  Not more followers.

Erika reminds me of Kelley Osbourne.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, Lily247 said:
42 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I get creeped out by pedicures too !

Thank you, glad to know I'm not the only person. One time a friend treated me to a facial. I didn't realize it was going to involve anything below the neck so I was really surprised when I had to put on a robe and be subjected to a massage of my "decolletage" too. I can't imagine a body massage. Shudder

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I yawned and might have missed it.  My take away from their segment was there is a place where I can play with kangaroos and I can't believe Stephanie's doctors let her travel that much of a distance if she is so sick but mostly the kangaroos.

Bet the girlfriend will be afraid to have sex with her .. if something happens, she will freak out.   It’s not a good way to start a romance.  I’ll bet she didn’t even tell the girlfriend beforehand.  (I forgot their names already).  Was half asleep waiting for the freakin train that never came, lol.  That’s another story that’s hard to believe.  In fact, this whole show is hard to believe.  Are people that stupid?  Or is this show a scam?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He probably planned it that way because

Spoiler

In her dating profile she says her interests include bowling and equestrian sports.  LOL.

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We live in Arizona, and I have had the opportunity to drive into Mexico (past the border towns).  This was before the days of GPS, but I had a good map.

Almost as soon as we got across the border and out of the border town, I felt vulnerable.  Our American custom of street signs, highway markers, etc., was not in existence there.  At one point, my adult son and I saw a stack of old tires with a sign that read something like "no pissere tyros."  My American brain wondered why it was necessary to tell people not to pee on the tires.

These days, I could pull out my smart phone and look for a translation.  But now I can't remember how the sign was spelled, so I still assume that it was a warning not to pee there.

LOL, this was my experience in the country we are from.  At one point there were two signs for the same city pointed in opposite directions.   

And this isn't like the US where you might feel comfortable stopping off at a diner or a gas station and asking.  The maps for the more remote areas aren't that detailed and it would have been a loooooong way until the next town had we gone the wrong way.  

I hopped out of the car to get a closer look at the sign and my mother almost jumped out of her skin because apparently we were right next to a prison that had had more than a few escapees who would have been delighted to get their hands on an American dummy stupid enough to make herself a sitting duck. 

1 hour ago, gotta watch said:

VARYA. She had on a blue dress!

Oh, I like this conspiracy theory.  She HAS been talking to another American.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Thank you, glad to know I'm not the only person. One time a friend treated me to a facial. I didn't realize it was going to involve anything below the neck so I was really surprised when I had to put on a robe and be subjected to a massage of my "decolletage" too. I can't imagine a body massage. Shudder

So, look at that slob Denice RICHARDS on the Housewives of Beverly Hills.  When she gets a massage, she also gets a “happy ending” and even told her new husband to get one,and he did.  Not only is she horny at home, but on the table too.  Gross.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He probably planned it that way because

Hide contents

In her dating profile she says her interests include bowling and equestrian sports.  LOL.

LOL, this was my experience in the country we are from.  At one point there were two signs for the same city pointed in opposite directions.   

And this isn't like the US where you might feel comfortable stopping off at a diner or a gas station and asking.  The maps for the more remote areas aren't that detailed and it would have been a loooooong way until the next town had we gone the wrong way.  

I hopped out of the car to get a closer look at the sign and my mother almost jumped out of her skin because apparently we were right next to a prison that had had more than a few escapees who would have been delighted to get their hands on an American dummy stupid enough to make herself a sitting duck. 

Oh, I like this conspiracy theory.  She HAS been talking to another American.  

She looks like a sneaky bitch.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

She looks like a sneaky bitch.

Oh, she is a sneaky bitch allright, or whoever is playing the role of Lana online.  She has hobbies that appeal to men of money and men with no money.    LOL.  Brilliant!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Okay, at first I thought Stephanie just had never been with a woman but feels like she's gay and this episode I think it's strictly to boost her social media presence.

I refuse to believe that David is this stupid.  He must be some actor right?

That or either “OFF” as someone here said.  Who in their right mind would spend $100,000 on someone they never met in seven years?

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

That or either “OFF” as someone here said.  Who in their right mind would spend $100,000 on someone they never met in seven years?

I bet he lied about the amount of money he has spent, you have seen his house with one car garage with stuff strewn all over the floor right?  Are we supposed to think that he has immense wealth that he could part with $100,000+ and it would not make a difference in his life?  Has anyone on this board sleuthed on him to see if he has aspirations of being an actor?

David's age is closer to 60, it is evident that he colors his hair and probably knows deep down inside that Lana is not real but much like his real age, he cannot admit it.  

• Love 2

On 3/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am quite sure those gifts were stock for Rose's sisters store.

Haha! Brilliant.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:59 PM, Gobi said:

Mexico is known for its vanilla?

And chocolate

On 3/28/2020 at 2:18 PM, nb360 said:

Granted Lisa has an unattractive personality.  Can we point that out without body-shaming her?

Plz, they body shame kids here. (Still not used to that.)

18 hours ago, CatracaTV said:

David just needs to go back home to his jar of Vaseline and the Ice Cream scoop he uses

Wait, what??? What does that even mean?😂

6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

In some of my travels even two box springs would've been an upgrade from what I was sleeping on.

That seem like it would be literally crippling for some ppl! I can understand the objection to that.

5 hours ago, gotta watch said:

Did anyone else think Stephanie and Ericahh's kissing scene looked totally fake/forced?

Yes, like soft porn.

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Much to BGL’s dismay and focus of ire is the hand held shower head and bucket which is standard in many areas of the world.
Overhead shower heads in a shower stall are not...the drain in the floor is for her runoff.

Can someone plz explain this to me? If there is a shower head and a drain, what do they need the bucket for?

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

BabygirlLisa is so self unaware of herself that she could watch all the footage and not even recognize it is her being filmed.

And her grammar is ATROCIOUS.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think David dresses like someone who used to be much, much larger and has recently lost weight.  

And still needs skin removal😟

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Bet the girlfriend will be afraid to have sex with her .. if something happens, she will freak out.   It’s not a good way to start a romance.  I’ll bet she didn’t even tell the girlfriend beforehand.  (I forgot their names already).  Was half asleep waiting for the freakin train that never came, lol.  That’s another story that’s hard to believe.  In fact, this whole show is hard to believe.  Are people that stupid?  Or is this show a scam?

I'm leaning towards Stephanie was attracted to her online, over emails it was flirtacious, maybe she thought her attraction to Erika = I'm lesbian! Then found out in person, she's just not into her and possibly not a lesbian. I mean homegirl is having a hard time faking a relationship with her at all.  I'm thinking if she was in this for more clicks and fame, she'd do a better job pretending to be in love with Erikah.  I also doubt she has ever had a sexual relationship with a woman before.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Stephanie:  Boxes of what she says are medications, but doesn't live like someone who has a potentially fatal disease.  Given what we've seen on 90DF, I suspect she's just in Australia doing marketing for her youtube channel because maybe gofundme didn't work for her.

Right???? I call BS on this storyline.  I'm healthy, but often end up with some minor health glitch after a day of long flights - anyone who "could die from a common cold" wouldn't fly from the U.S. to Australia for fun.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Speaking of creepy.....Ed asking Rose to take a shower, asking her to allow him to give her a foot massage  asking her if he can kiss her  all nervously, like a mouse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Speaking of creepy.....Ed asking Rose to take a shower, asking her to allow him to give her a foot massage  asking her if he can kiss her  all nervously, like a mouse. 

They don't have a barf emoji button.   🤮   There.  That will work!  What a turn-off!  lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Can someone plz explain this to me? If there is a shower head and a drain, what do they need the bucket for?

LGB And SJB are in the Deluxe Suite Chalet....The bucket may be considered an upgrade....

Uses of the Shower bucket....

Holds the hand held shower head, keeping it off the bathroom floor

eco friendly...holds and saves the water leaking from the hand held.

Rain forest waterfall effect....fill the bucket and pour over your head and shoulders for a refreshing cleansing...preferred by SJB after sudsing his face and head...he looks so happy when scrub a dub dubbing himself....the last time we saw joy on his face since LGB landed in Nigeria
Used to Soak her hooves feet since LGB’s feet are swelling like puffer fish in the Nigerian heat

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Revolting what RM has to do to make a better life for her son....

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

It's for Usman to put over BabyGirlLisa's head.

• LOL 14

Big Ed did what my exhubby* did all the damn time:  Do something nice without ever ASKING you what you wanted.  Did RM want a foot rub?  Did she want champagne?  Maybe she wanted a bath, alone, while drinking white wine.  And the way he kept semi-badgering her "Do you like this?"  God, I bet in the sack he will be asking question after question too - and I I am sorry I put that visual image in your heads, y'all.  AND THE HELL DID SHE HAVE TO OPEN HER ROBE??

*= He was known for buying me a purse or a wallet or something that I never asked about, never spoke about then was all butt hurt when I did not use it.   Ask next time!  Well, I guess there never will be a next time, now, huh???

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

After meeting her:

Someone with at serious an illness would not be cavorting in a field and would have told her lover/friend with benefits beforehand.  Erica needs to dump Stephanie fast.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Bunnyette said:

Someone with at serious an illness would not be cavorting in a field and would have told her lover/friend with benefits beforehand.  Erica needs to dump Stephanie fast.

I suspect it is more of a case of this:

"I love her so much I'll do anything to see her...it is dangerous but not THAT dangerous..."

And now that she knows she isn't in love with her, she is saying to her, "I could die.  This is complicated.  I'm surprised you'd want to be with me instead of someone normal."  So now she's got it in her head when Stephanie pulls the, "You deserve someone normal" that it has nothing to do with Stephanie not loving her.

It's kind of like a long-distance relationship where at first you are determined it's not a problem b/c you are sooooooo in love.  Then you spend time with the person and the infatuation is gone suddenly being so far away is a relationship killer.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Bunnyette said:

And touching animals. I agree, EriCAW needs to send her packing back to US of A.  Dumping out all the supplies on a germy table?  I think she likes to talk about her illness A LOT.  Not saying it is not real, I am sure it is - I just think she likes to talk about it all the time!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

When he was walking Lisa to their accommodations, Usman said he had booked the Chalet Suite.   This was probably the finest room at the hotel and one of the best in town.  Lisa has to let go of her first world expectations.  

Then again, she thought that was a happening launch party.   Usman May have been the guest of honour, but the turnout was... well, the place wasn’t even full....except for the crickets when the video was over and again when he introduced his “white American” fiancé.  

It even SAID Chalet on the sign outside the door. 

Can someone please explain the towel on the head thing?  WTH was that all about!?!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3