Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: The Heat is On

Kohola3
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Maddie wouldn't even be here if she hadn't finally been taken to the hospital as an infant with failure to thrive and below her birth weight at 6 months.

I think that the icky part of the birthing centre is the bedspread.  As mentioned, it cannot be bleached at high temperature and looks like something from a 1-star no-tell motel from 30 years ago, not "homey".  A bright sunny room with all bright-white & bleachable bedding would be more comforting.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

On 3/23/2020 at 5:57 PM, Kohola3 said:

A forest fire is bearing down on Meri's house and she's freaking out as she prepares to evacuate; Robyn is just days away from losing her rental and tensions are high with Kody.

Oh, like on days that end in "Y"...and days when the sun comes up in the east? 😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 3/30/2020 at 12:51 AM, crimson23 said:

I am only half way through watching the episode and had to stop to Vent.  Meri, is a moron.  She berates Christine for making jokes/being light hearted, when Christine said nothing to warrant that hissy fit. Then moments later, Meri is making lame jokes about letting her marriage certificate burn.  hypocritical? Who frames their marriage license? 

The ugly painted plates on the top shelf were ridiculous.  If these women are so tired of moving and packing boxes, then Don't.  If you know you aren't long for  a location, why do all that. Leave them packed or in storage until you get a permanent place. And how does one person accumulate all that crap. She had rooms and rooms of boxes and bins. It has to be her overstock of luluroe.  

After watching a you tube video about MLM and Lularoe was mentioned. I was curious and went over to eBay to see if anyone was selling it.  There were over 330,000 listings worldwide. I had to laugh at the Pre-Owned leggings selling for crazy prices. 

And really? why would she be upset over a rental burning down... it makes zero sense. she doesn't own it. 

Like many of you I have had to evacuate or plan to many times.  I have 2 (used to have 3) cats, husband and a Fiat.  You prep.  You take ONLY what can fit in your car.  When you are actually in the situation nothing matters except the safety of you and yours (I worried more about prep for my cats than us). 

I had a neighbor like Meri last time we evacuated.  Tried to pack her whole house in the middle of the night and filled every neighbors trashcan with her trash.  She was made to get all of it out the next day.  HA!  

• Love 10

ON 3/23/2020 AT 6:19 PM, KYANIGHT SAID:

They're just trying to do away with all of the rumors that she (Robyn) is the favorite wife.  If they show that Kody and she are arguing, they think that people will stop assuming he only lives with Robyn, only cares about Robyn's kids, etc. etc.   "See folks?  Robyn ISN'T the favorite wife".  Ummmm yeah.  Ok.

IIRC, they were at the Prairie Plag Flats site and Robyn was demonstrating something by standing right up beside/behind Kootie and touching him, and there is no way on earth that he would have put up with that from any of the other three wives.  From the pet names he has for her, to the way he had his hand on her leg during their TH, to the "our house" comments, to the comments from last week about how she always takes the scraps and leftovers when it comes to all the wives, it is so very obvious that she is the favorite. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Now I really want pancakes. A big fluffy stack with lots of butter and warm maple syrup...

At some point I will find time to finish reading all these posts, but I am in the middle of trying to have dinner ready in time for M600PL which may have me as a patient at the rate we are eating thru the lock down

I just wanted to say that your remark about pancakes and the fact that they are in Chapel Hill makes my mouth water thinking of pancakes at Elmo's in Durham.    I spent many a happy summer with some cousins in Chapel Hill.  Family is divided between UNC and Duke students and fans.  Our daughter and one cousin went to Duke.  Another cousin or two were at UNC and the rest were at other various state schools in NC.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

... it is so very obvious that she is the favorite. 

And Janelle and Christine (and their kids) are in his rear view mirror and Meri and (the gay) Mariah are the equivalent of neighbors who lived on your street a few years ago that you vaguely remember.

• Love 12

I just wanted to say that your remark about pancakes and the fact that they are in Chapel Hill makes my mouth water thinking of pancakes at Elmo's in Durham.    I spent many a happy summer with some cousins in Chapel Hill.  Family is divided between UNC and Duke students and fans.  Our daughter and one cousin went to Duke.  Another cousin or two were at UNC and the rest were at other various state schools in NC.

My in-laws are in Durham so when COVID-19 is behind us, Elmo's is on my short list!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, kicotan said:

If only she would have drawn labels on her totes in between eyebrow applications...

Indeed.

The oft trotted out excuse of Kody being better able to adopt her kids if they were legally hitched doesn’t apply anymore.  She’s not only a lying bitch but a bad actress to boot.

Yes, Robyn should divorce Kody. Why does anyone of them need the legal marriage. Kody and Robyn are trying to hard “trying to act”to make us believe that Robyn doesn’t want to buy.  Robyn always gets her way. I’m not enjoying this season. I feel bad for Christine. I think Janelle is ok with how much time she gets with Kody.  Why did Janelle get that awful rental? That isn’t faire for her kids to live in that house while Robyn’s kids live in the $890,000 house. I couldn’t be Robyns sisterwife. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Grits said:

Yes, Robyn should divorce Kody. Why does anyone of them need the legal marriage. Kody and Robyn are trying to hard “trying to act”to make us believe that Robyn doesn’t want to buy.  Robyn always gets her way. I’m not enjoying this season. I feel bad for Christine. I think Janelle is ok with how much time she gets with Kody.  Why did Janelle get that awful rental? That isn’t faire for her kids to live in that house while Robyn’s kids live in the $890,000 house. I couldn’t be Robyns sisterwife. 

I think Janelle and Kody get along find because Janelle expects nothing other than he show up for weddings and births.  They are buddies.

I used to think kody would take a new younger wife but now I think not!  He already has too many feeding at the trough!!!  Lol

• Love 7

She said she "doesn't like them".  Well I guess everyone else just adores them?  Buildings full of sick people, who wouldn't love that?  I just do not understand when people use that as an excuse not to enter a hospital when it's evident that they should.  As we all saw, she did NOT have an easy labor with Axel.  Why wouldn't you avail yourself of the best medical care possible for something as important as the birth of your child? 

It just seems very immature:  I don't like hospitals so I won't use one for my medical needs.  I understand there are the earth moms who insist on midwives and home births and all that, and that's fine if you're lucky enough to have had easy births, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  And I agree with whomever it was who said it--that birth center looked way too homey, i.e. the bed, the linens, it just didn't look right for some reason.  YMMV, of course.

I know someone whose daughter did this for the exact same reason. The result was a botched breech birth and a child with totally preventable permanent brain damage and disabilities. Oh, and the birthing center declared bankruptcy, and they only had around $100,000 in insurance. So good luck with the lawsuit. You are depending on someone who is not a doctor to decide if you need to go to a real hospital. So stupid. 

They seem to be ramping up the drama this season to try to improve the ratings. Both Meri and Robyn are more hysterical than ever, and for no real reason. I think it's faked. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I used to think kody would take a new younger wife but now I think not!  He already has too many feeding at the trough!!!  Lol

except he's not really filling the trough...

• LOL 4

except he's not really filling the trough...

I want one whole episode that shows what Kody does for money, and what he actually contributes to each household. He seems like a dude who shows up at the homes of four single mothers seeking food and sex. And he doesn't even want sex from anyone except Robyn and maybe Christine. 

• Love 15
On 4/1/2020 at 3:07 PM, beeziebee said:

She said she "doesn't like them".  Well I guess everyone else just adores them?  Buildings full of sick people, who wouldn't love that?  I just do not understand when people use that as an excuse not to enter a hospital when it's evident that they should.  As we all saw, she did NOT have an easy labor with Axel.  Why wouldn't you avail yourself of the best medical care possible for something as important as the birth of your child? 

It just seems very immature:  I don't like hospitals so I won't use one for my medical needs.  I understand there are the earth moms who insist on midwives and home births and all that, and that's fine if you're lucky enough to have had easy births, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.  And I agree with whomever it was who said it--that birth center looked way too homey, i.e. the bed, the linens, it just didn't look right for some reason.  YMMV, of course.

I don't like hospitals either. But I sure gained a new respect for nurses and appreciated the great care when I had a c section.  I too hated the look of the blanket at the birthing center. It looked like a cheap hotel dirty bedspread. Could have been clean, but I would have questioned that. 

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I don't like hospitals either. But I sure gained a new respect for nurses and appreciated the great care when I had a c section.  I too hated the look of the blanket at the birthing center. It looked like a cheap hotel dirty bedspread. Could have been clean, but I would have questioned that. 

I don't like to be in hospitals either, but the times I've been in them I've been treated like a queen, and my care and comfort were tended to without hesitation.  👑  Nurses and all the hospital staff get nothing but respect from me.  For me, nurses are angel's in disguise.  😍

Maddie needs to either grow up or let loose of Christine's lack of safe "fillings" around monogamist institutions, such as hospitals.  Her baby had birth defects for goodness sake.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Forgot a word
  • Love 12

I hate hospitals.  The smell makes me want to run, mostly because of a terrible accident my ex husband had.  PTSD.  
But for the surgeries etc I have had since, you bet I went to the hospital.  If I had had a baby, I would be in the hospital, no question. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I hate hospitals.  The smell makes me want to run, mostly because of a terrible accident my ex husband had.  PTSD.  
But for the surgeries etc I have had since, you bet I went to the hospital.  If I had had a baby, I would be in the hospital, no question. 

None of us had our babies at home.  I always thought it was an FLDS thing because they didn't want either the expense or the exposure.... but the Browns also think it's the thing to do, I guess.  And the Duggars.   On camera, no less.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I not only went to the hospital for the births of my two sons, I also took full advantage of some of the wonderful drugs they had for the pain.  It was sooooo much nicer and safer than screaming in a filthy bathtub!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I could see the Browns not using the hospital in the past because without insurance it would be a huge bill!  I can't imagine what it would add up to without the insurance negotiated discounted rates.  But that wouldn't be Maddie's reasoning with Evie I doubt, since Caleb should have insurance from his job.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I could see the Browns not using the hospital in the past because without insurance it would be a huge bill!  I can't imagine what it would add up to without the insurance negotiated discounted rates.  But that wouldn't be Maddie's reasoning with Evie I doubt, since Caleb should have insurance from his job.

My friend is an OB and tells me there is a whole thing about natural births and how it’s a whole thing that you aren’t a “real woman” if you don’t deliver “naturally” - without pain medication and preferably outside a hospital. He finds it particularly amusing in patients who didn’t conceive “naturally.” Science is fine if you can’t get knocked up the old fashioned way but don’t dare suggest that having your vagina stretched 10 times it’s natural size and then ripped is something that might call for medical intervention. It’s a point of pride for some mothers; to the point that some women feel shamed for needing/wanting pain medication or God forbid, need a c-section.

I never had biological children but I always said, and to this day maintain that if I did, I wanted an epidural as soon as possible after conception, to be removed on the kid’s 30th birthday.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

My friend is an OB and tells me there is a whole thing about natural births and how it’s a whole thing that you aren’t a “real woman” if you don’t deliver “naturally” - without pain medication and preferably outside a hospital. He finds it particularly amusing in patients who didn’t conceive “naturally.” Science is fine if you can’t get knocked up the old fashioned way but don’t dare suggest that having your vagina stretched 10 times it’s natural size and then ripped is something that might call for medical intervention. It’s a point of pride for some mothers; to the point that some women feel shamed for needing/wanting pain medication or God forbid, need a c-section.

I never had biological children but I always said, and to this day maintain that if I did, I wanted an epidural as soon as possible after conception, to be removed on the kid’s 30th birthday.

Wine works, too...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2020 at 2:15 PM, smarty2020 said:

I believe she was pregnant before he got the job.  So they wouldn't be covered for the birth.

• Useful 2
On 4/2/2020 at 12:52 PM, Cherry Cola said:

I too hated the look of the blanket at the birthing center. It looked like a cheap hotel dirty bedspread. Could have been clean, but I would have questioned that. 

Except now the hotels have the white sheet under and over the blankets and don't use bedspreads any more, for the most part.  I think the birthing center should rethink their bedding look to be more up to date with the current style.  Even though it may be clean and sanitary, the "homey look," which used to be so desired, is turning a lot of people off, according to what I am seeing on this message board.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Except now the hotels have the white sheet under and over the blankets and don't use bedspreads any more, for the most part.  I think the birthing center should rethink their bedding look to be more up to date with the current style.  Even though it may be clean and sanitary, the "homey look," which used to be so desired, is turning a lot of people off, according to what I am seeing on this message board.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2