Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: The Heat is On

Kohola3
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Wow, I didn't know I could post stuff from IG!

ETA Robin is so fake! <barf emoji>

For a man with 3 presumable sexual outlets, his horniness for Her Royal Fake Polygamist woman was palpable and gross.  Ugh!  He acted like the Duggar boys looking forward to sex for the first time at their weddingsk.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

For a man with 3 presumable sexual outlets, his horniness for Her Royal Fake Polygamist woman was palpable and gross.  Ugh!  He acted like the Duggar boys looking forward to sex for the first time at their weddingsk.

Meri was drooling over Cotex too.  She helped him get ready and said she wished it was HER wedding night.  How gross is that?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 3/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Kyanight said:

They're just trying to do away with all of the rumors that she (Robyn) is the favorite wife.  If they show that Kody and she are arguing, they think that people will stop assuming he only lives with Robyn, only cares about Robyn's kids, etc. etc.   "See folks?  Robyn ISN'T the favorite wife".  Ummmm yeah.  Ok.

Yes, but that is counterbalanced by the fact that her opinion is the only one that matters and she’s the only one he is having any serious conversation with.

So yeah, she is..

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I never thought about it until now, by why is Kody legally married to any of his wives? If it truly doesn’t matter which wife is the legal one, why marry anyone?

He probably thinks it makes him a "Quality" person in the eyes of monogamists, not just a bachelor who knocks up multiple women (we're not fooled).  Also, he can qualify for more tax deductions.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I never thought about it until now, by why is Kody legally married to any of his wives? If it truly doesn’t matter which wife is the legal one, why marry anyone?

Because Robyn threw a honking huge hissy fit over it and HAD to be the legal wife.  What Robyn wants, Robyn gets.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I have totally fallen down on the recap-organizing job. If anyone would like to recap this one, step right up. (Sounds like you're in for a doozy.)

Packing. Moving. Arguing.

There you go!

• LOL 14
  • Love 6

It is not a "road", it is a gas line easement, with a gas line under it.  They occasionally explode (natural gas is a gas). You don't park on them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 3/24/2020 at 11:56 PM, eskimo said:

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Meri has no insurance on her business's inventory.  Or renters insurance for her personal property.  This is what I was talking about last week when I said they'd need to clear a large area for the home in the trees, for situations exactly like this.  

Well, judging by the recent past, they don’t have insurance on their kids’ cars.  So certainly no extra insurance on her flammable inventory 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I cannot believe she was in labor for 86 hours last time and she still doesn’t want to go to the hospital.  That midwife didn’t seem all that...confident.  My disdain for Caleb remains firmly in place.  

TLC and the Browns and Duggars need to get over calling prodromal labor active labor and counting from the first instant that they think they can.  It used to be called false labor for a reason.  That's how she was able to sleep through part of it.  It starts and stops because it isn't actually full on labor yet.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

TLC and the Browns and Duggars need to get over calling prodromal labor active labor and counting from the first instant that they think they can.  It used to be called false labor for a reason.  That's how she was able to sleep through part of it.  It starts and stops because it isn't actually full on labor yet.  

thank you! Irks me so much. Maddie, you aren't in labor until the contractions don't go away no matter what you do. Periods of contractions are normal - but if the periods come and go -that's not labor. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I guess I’m wondering why Maddie doesn’t plan to go to a hospital at all, even when she’s ready to deliver?  
She had so much pain and trouble last time that I would insist on being in a hospital this time if I were her (I’d insist on it every time).  It seems like a really strange compromise to go to a place that seems like someone else’s home.  So lots of other women gave birth in that bed before her?  There were linens on those beds! I doubt they buy a full set of new linens each time.  🤢  I guess it may not be as sanitary in a hospital as I might think, but at least a hospital gives the impression of being clean.  To me.

And, yikes, that midwife didn’t inspire confidence.  I totally get listening to the mom-to-be, as doctors often talk right over their patients, but it seemed to me that this midwife was kind of asking Maddie to do her job for her, and then it was just like, “see you next week!”  What are the credentials of the midwife?  Does she have admitting privileges?  What happens if the umbilical cord gets wrapped around the baby’s neck and it starts turning blue?  Can she perform an emergency c?  
Part of this is me stating a preference, and part of me is wondering how this works and whether it’s safe.  I thought in this day and age, everyone went to the hospital to give birth, except for super crunchy granola types and, for some reason, famous people, like Gisele Bundchen, who always seem to be doing something differently.  I really hope Maddie’s birthing decisions weren’t for the sake of the cameras at least.  

• Love 6
On 3/27/2020 at 9:58 AM, zoomama said:

hi from down the hill!!!   i live in the next county over...

On 3/27/2020 at 9:58 AM, zoomama said:

hi from down the hill!!!   i live in the next county over...

I had best friend that lived / lives there and I got married there. I remember the fires and also been snowed in for a week. 

• Love 1

Maddie is totally self-centered and has zero concern about how she presents herself.

Usually you hear an expectant mother saying she wants what is best and safest for her baby, often at great sacrifice to herself. Maddie is all about "I've been going through this, that and the other and I'm fed up so I want this for me and that for me and the contractions need to stop." She also said something to the effect of this is 1000% her last baby. Good. Because her heart's not in it.

When you look at her numerous social media posts about how much she is inconvenienced by what her toddler and infant want and need from her, it's no wonder that Axel is such a sourpuss.

Loved the look at what's coming up with Meri and Kody. He says he didn't know who he was marrying because their courtship was so short and Meri says their relationship has reached a dead end. 

Robyn needs to put her money where her mouth is and divorce Kody, because she said her mother's life showed her that wives without legal marriages are less highly regarded. Bitch.

Christine gaily chirped "polygamy birth" because she and Kody are stepping up to wrangle Axel during labor and delivery. That happens every day of the week, sweetie, and sometimes the stand-ins are friends and neighbors who aren't even sharing a penis.

Meri's angry and tearful meltdown revealed what a selfish crybaby she is. "Living my why," my asshole-a. "Why me?" is more like it. Nancy Kerrigan's voice is all that was missing in that scene.

Pfffftt.

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I am still trying to wrap my mind around how these dumbbells (esp. Kody) didn't think about buying the house Robyn was renting instead of thinking they had to go and buy another one.  It was clearly a nice house that they liked a lot and then rocket scientist that he is (NOT) admits in retrospect that it would have cost them a lot less money to stay there than to buy the one they ended up buying, which wasn't even as nice!  D'oh!  The stupidity and insanity is off the charts with these people! 

And what's up with that outdated, choochy Roy Rodgers faux cowboy western "decorating" in Robyn's new house?  Just yikes.  Forgive me, I'm from the Northeast and I can't believe anyone would decorate their house quite that bad, LOL.

Edited by Yeah No
  • LOL 2
  • Love 22
47 minutes ago, suomi said:

Christine gaily chirped "polygamy birth" because she and Kody are stepping up to wrangle Axel during labor and delivery.

I thought Christine chirped "Polygamy perk", lol, because Kody was saying how he should be staying with Janelle but because she needs sleep, he will stay with Christine and help with Axel. So I thought she was happy he was staying with her. Then again, I don't understand why any of these women are happy staying with Kody, anywhere. I also am unclear as to why it is so important that he be present instead of helping Robyn and Meri?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, toodles said:

Meri was drooling over Cotex too.  She helped him get ready and said she wished it was HER wedding night.  How gross is that?

I felt embarrassed for Meri's desperation because Kody has made it clear he doesn't want Meri "in that way" for so long, despite her loyalty and willingness. Heck she would be happy just with a hug or quick peck. He's an ass.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

Also, he can qualify for more tax deductions.

Good point, and Robyn is the wife with the least ability to generate any income, so he can claim a lot with her and all their kids.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I remember the fires and also been snowed in for a week. 

They are definitely in store for a different scenic view and experience. I still will never understand why they didn't save their money and purchase coyote pass and start building once they have all the sewage/water/electricity figured our. It just seems such a waste of money between rentals and buying homes while still paying for homes in Vegas, etc. Don't they have a money manager or accountant to tell them when they are making stupid decisions? Or are they all using the "God will tell me" approach. How arrogant to think God has time to focus on their financial stupidity instead of all the real issues needing divine intervention in the world.

• Love 6

I am only half way through watching the episode and had to stop to Vent.  Meri, is a moron.  She berates Christine for making jokes/being light hearted, when Christine said nothing to warrant that hissy fit. Then moments later, Meri is making lame jokes about letting her marriage certificate burn.  hypocritical? Who frames their marriage license? 

The ugly painted plates on the top shelf were ridiculous.  If these women are so tired of moving and packing boxes, then Don't.  If you know you aren't long for  a location, why do all that. Leave them packed or in storage until you get a permanent place. And how does one person accumulate all that crap. She had rooms and rooms of boxes and bins. It has to be her overstock of luluroe.  

After watching a you tube video about MLM and Lularoe was mentioned. I was curious and went over to eBay to see if anyone was selling it.  There were over 330,000 listings worldwide. I had to laugh at the Pre-Owned leggings selling for crazy prices. 

And really? why would she be upset over a rental burning down... it makes zero sense. she doesn't own it. 

• Love 16
On 3/25/2020 at 2:54 PM, texasbluebonnets said:

Guilty.  It's just that I get so frustrated watching, and then snark about it, and then saying to myself I could be doing something else, and then the cycle starts all over again.  Sigh....there's no hope for me LOL

I dropped out for a couple of years after the Vegas move, but always read the snark. I find the show doesn't need to be viewed weekly as it is just the same ol' nonsense, as noted in the forums.

• Love 9

Has Janelle always had that growth above her lip?  I’ve only noticed it this last season. I hope she’s had a doctor look at that. 

On 3/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, Meowwww said:

I didn’t see Kody anywhere in the previews....

I thought the preview was Kody bitching about not knowing Meri when they married. 

6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I can't believe Maddie isn't going to the hospital.  Surely they could do more than tell her to take a walk!

She didn’t want to be induced. And unless she was two weeks over her due date, the baby is showing signs of distress, or she has other risk factors, she’s probably fine with them checking her and the FHTs.  Some OBs can be very trigger happy when the woman is in the hospital. My cousin said her midwife had to intervene when her OBs go-to was straight to episiotomy. The midwife worked with her and she didn’t tear.  I used to recover section patients, and a particular OB, had a habit of sectioning his patients before he went on vacation. 

3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I thought Christine chirped "Polygamy perk", lol, because Kody was saying how he should be staying with Janelle but because she needs sleep, he will stay with Christine and help with Axel. So I thought she was happy he was staying with her. Then again, I don't understand why any of these women are happy staying with Kody, anywhere. I also am unclear as to why it is so important that he be present instead of helping Robyn and Meri?

I heard polygamy perk as well, although my cc said “polygamy park” which kind of works, too. 

3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I felt embarrassed for Meri's desperation because Kody has made it clear he doesn't want Meri "in that way" for so long, despite her loyalty and willingness. Heck she would be happy just with a hug or quick peck. He's an ass.

He couldn’t even summon the mildest, generic reassurance when they were together right before he left. He was almost laughing, while she was yearning to be reassured. 

• Love 6

If you buy and rent million dollar homes, surely you can afford to hire professional movers? I thought Maddie said her doctor had told them the baby would have some small deformities? If so, where was that doctor during the birth?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I really hope Maddie’s birthing decisions weren’t for the sake of the cameras at least.

Bingo!  You get the prize.  It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$.

If I were going to deliver a child with known birth defects, there is no way I'd have a home birth. Just because some defects are detectable on an ultrasound does not mean that there can't be more serious hidden problems.  You'd think they would put the safety of the child before their thirst for money.  But then they all worship at the Altar of the Divine Almighty Dollar.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

If you buy and rent million dollar homes, surely you can afford to hire professional movers? I thought Maddie said her doctor had told them the baby would have some small deformities? If so, where was that doctor during the birth?

I wonder if she actually gave birth at a hospital, or if the baby was immediately transferred. Maddie told People that Evie was diagnosed 24 hours after birth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Some tweets from last night, and screenshots of Janelle and Christine promoting the show:

D958D8DF-AFF4-4D86-971B-E6BFB103236B.jpeg

4D6F854F-C344-4D5F-B476-4A5E2A484D76.jpeg

877FAA54-922D-4156-91F5-3C3E1024D82A.jpeg

B804E58A-4F31-4F5D-B7C0-ECC0A3DDE28E.jpeg

6145ACAA-76DE-4907-9DDE-5AF117679576.jpeg

B3B3A9EB-6890-4668-AB14-F5C010232DCD.jpeg

I hope Christine gets that place on her throat looked at.  It looks abnormal.  

When did Maddie deliver?  Wake County NC, had a birthing center close due to very high infant deaths in May of 2019.  There was an investigation and it wasn't good.  I know places vary in quality of care, but, when I read how things were being handled in that place, I was shocked!   Glad, Maddie's turned out ok.

I really get the feeling that there is no more love in the Kody/Robyn relationship than there is in the Kody/Meri relationship.  I wonder what Kody plans to do about it.  Who knows if we'll ever find out.  I wonder how they will figure to film reality shows in the near future or even over the next couple of years, unless, the family can do it for themselves. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope Christine gets that place on her throat looked at.  It looks abnormal.  

When did Maddie deliver?  Wake County NC, had a birthing center close due to very high infant deaths in May of 2019.  There was an investigation and it wasn't good.  I know places vary in quality of care, but, when I read how things were being handled in that place, I was shocked!   Glad, Maddie's turned out ok.

I really get the feeling that there is no more love in the Kody/Robyn relationship than there is in the Kody/Meri relationship.  I wonder what Kody plans to do about it.  Who knows if we'll ever find out.  I wonder how they will figure to film reality shows in the near future or even over the next couple of years, unless, the family can do it for themselves. 

That spot on Christine's neck may have occurred when Meri throat punched her in a show of gratitude for Christine dropping everything and racing over with her girls to help Meri out.  I am more concerned with the growths on Janelle's upper lip, which seem to be multiplying.

The birthing center Maddie used looked like a 2 star motel room to me.  Give me a bed elevated high enough so that those assisting can get the job done effectively.  Also give me bleached and sanitized bedding, not a 1970s looking bedspread that may or may not have been cleaned between uses.  IMO, Maddie acted irresponsibly in her choice of birth center vs hospital when she knew from the ultrasound that this situation would be unique.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

So what I perceived is that Robyn HAD to be the legal wife because her mom wasn't and it took a toll on her. She is the biggest manipulator of them all. I rilly hope that those U-Hauls, parked illegally get impounded. Interesting when things weren't going her way she threw her kids into it when Kody suggested that 2nd home, "don't tell my kids" they will change schools, yet its ok that she wants a rental 30 minutes down the road. Meri and her precious moments pottery on a hutch that I see all the time at thrift stores. The only thing I have nice to say, so far, is that her new rental looks nice and bright, other than the cave wall of rocks. I still can't stand her and her "working" during the fire scare. Could they not offer their help to neighbors ? Nope, cause they are all selfish. Janelle is growing a chicken mcnugget over her lip

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12

I wonder if those growths and that lump on Christine's neck are stress-related? 

1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

And come on - who guffawed out loud when Meri cried so hard, she was afraid she'd wiped off her DRAWN-ON EYEBROWS??  Because when a fire is heading for your house, and you have 12,586 Rubbermaid totes to load onto a truck (the other trailer being full of Robyn's crap, which Kody had to unload onto Janelle's RV pad so he could drive back and load it up with MORE of Meri's crap).....the most important thing to remember is that your Sharpie-lined eyebrows must stay intact.

I mean........??????????

I did! And did you notice that during most of the rest of the scene Meri kept her head down or her hair hiding most of her face? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I wonder if those growths and that lump on Christine's neck are stress-related? 

I was thinking thyroid.  I've read about a couple of people who had enlarged thyroids spotted by viewers watching tv and they got it checked out and it was cancer.  One of them  is the guy from Flip or Flop real estate show and another is a woman  on an entertainment show.  Also, I think something happened on an animal show too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2