Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: The Heat is On

Kohola3
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

A forest fire is bearing down on Meri's house and she's freaking out as she prepares to evacuate; Robyn is just days away from losing her rental and tensions are high with Kody.

I am living for next week to witness Meri snarl at Christine.  Christine has found her voice these days and is likely to fire right back, guns a-blazing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

A forest fire is bearing down on Meri's house and she's freaking out as she prepares to evacuate; Robyn is just days away from losing her rental and tensions are high with Kody.

Whooo..... moving 3 warehouses worth of flammable ugly clothing that's been jammed into that house in a short amount of time is no joke!  "Poof" - all of Meri's inventory she was forced to buy gone up in smoke.  Of course we KNOW this never happened... but oh the drama!  The DRAMA!!!

• LOL 17
  • Love 6

I'm sure we'll all be on the edge of our seats to see what happens.  Does Meri survive or get overrun by the flames.  Fast forward to, well, today for the answer.

And tensions are high with Sobyn and Kootie.  Isn't that the plot of the last half dozen episodes? So what else is new?

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

They're just trying to do away with all of the rumors that she (Robyn) is the favorite wife.  If they show that Kody and she are arguing, they think that people will stop assuming he only lives with Robyn, only cares about Robyn's kids, etc. etc.   "See folks?  Robyn ISN'T the favorite wife".  Ummmm yeah.  Ok.

Don't they know that WE know that everything that the Brown's do on camera is all SCRIPTED??!!  So stop showing us scenes that we know are fake to the core.  We're not stupid, unlike the Brown's.  

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Don't they know that WE know that everything that the Brown's do on camera is all SCRIPTED??!!  So stop showing us scenes that we know are fake to the core.  We're not stupid, unlike the Brown's.  

Plus they are all over social media so we know darned well what happened.  That's why this is so ridiculous.

• Love 17
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Plus they are all over social media so we know darned well what happened.  That's why this is so ridiculous.

Exactly!  Meri might be crying on camera but all you need to do is scroll back to that time on her Instagram to see that she was posting about fire sales or evacuation sales with her inventory!  Always thinkin of that bottom line!! 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Meri has no insurance on her business's inventory.  Or renters insurance for her personal property.  This is what I was talking about last week when I said they'd need to clear a large area for the home in the trees, for situations exactly like this.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, eskimo said:

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Meri has no insurance on her business's inventory.  Or renters insurance for her personal property.  This is what I was talking about last week when I said they'd need to clear a large area for the home in the trees, for situations exactly like this.  

You are probably correct, and judging from everything I have heard about LLR's business practices, they would leave her hanging high and well, singed.  Lord knows that some of those patterns they came out with are better off burned.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, Kohola3 said:

I have not had time to go back and look.  What did happen? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, zenme said:

Is Robyn the only one he calls “Love” or “Mrs. Brown”?

Yes.  And it appeared to me that he still has "it" for Robyn. At least at the time, don't know if he still feels the same, now. I haven't seen him take so much crap off of one of his wives since Meri and her "will she or won't she" have another baby talks.  Robyn, OTOH, is over it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, suzywallis said:

I have not had time to go back and look.  What did happen? 

Spoiler

Not a darned thing except Meri having a "fire sale", taking advantage of the situation.  The fire came nowhere near her.  Robyn loses the rental, prays to God the Realtor and they buy a house.  Old news, happened a year ago.

• Love 8

I'm so done watching this horrible show.  I have more to do in my life than to waste my precious time watching a bunch of adults act like morons.  I've watched this show from the very beginning.  I used to really enjoy it, but somewhere down the line, it changed for me.  I wish them all nothing but the best, but as for me and my house, I have watched the very last episode.  Click (or tilt) game over....

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, aimlessbird said:

Yeah, a few of you keep saying this.  Almost every week.

Guilty.  It's just that I get so frustrated watching, and then snark about it, and then saying to myself I could be doing something else, and then the cycle starts all over again.  Sigh....there's no hope for me LOL

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
  Hide contents

Not a darned thing except Meri having a "fire sale", taking advantage of the situation.  The fire came nowhere near her.  Robyn loses the rental, prays to God the Realtor and they buy a house.  Old news, happened a year ago.

Wow...if I was in that scary of a situation, I don't think I would be posting about a fire sale, but maybe that's just me.  Thanks for the update.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Wow...if I was in that scary of a situation, I don't think I would be posting about a fire sale, but maybe that's just me.  Thanks for the update.

She obviously was in no real danger. I lived in the Sierras in CA for many years. I have been through several really bad fires. I had all my important papers in my car and photos and irreplaceable  things. Every time I left home I said good bye to it as the smoke raged in the valley behind me. We were on what they called Wait, Watch, Worry before evacuation. I was selling on eBay in those days...the last thing I would have done was have a fire sale!! She is so full of it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 3/25/2020 at 6:41 PM, xwordfanatik said:

He did!  It was when he talked to Meri when he called home when he & Robyn were on their honeymoon.  

I would have told him to take his "lover" and shove it up his ass sideways.

Janelle had the right idea when she refused to talk to that asshat.

These are just some of the many many many many reasons why I would suck at polygamy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
On 3/25/2020 at 7:22 AM, Sandy W said:

I'm not convinced that Robyn is over it.  I have a sneaking suspicion that her apparent dismay over the purchase/rent of a home is all an act and that they had already purchased the house they are in now when last Sunday's episode was filmed. 

If I'm not mistaken, when they viewed the first house, the one they eventually bought, the realtor Shelby was not present for that viewing as she was for the other 2.  That led me to believe that they didn't need her there because they already had purchased it.

As others have said, the call to Craig/Curtis seemed staged and seems odd that the realtor would hand over his name and phone number when she said "go for it", eliminating a rental commission for herself.

The biggest "tell" for me though, is Robyn's pinched little face when she is attempting to convey anxiety over spending family funds on a purchase.  All I see written on her face is LIAR, LIAR.

I’m with you.  It’s all fake drama for the show.  Nothing they do is authentic. 

• Love 17
On 3/25/2020 at 10:00 PM, Gramto6 said:

She obviously was in no real danger. I lived in the Sierras in CA for many years. I have been through several really bad fires. I had all my important papers in my car and photos and irreplaceable  things. Every time I left home I said good bye to it as the smoke raged in the valley behind me. We were on what they called Wait, Watch, Worry before evacuation. I was selling on eBay in those days...the last thing I would have done was have a fire sale!! She is so full of it!

I lived in Lake Arrowhead CA.  So many evacuations.  I wouldn’t have and didn’t care about belongings, that’s why I had insurance at a proper amount to cover my stuff.  I said goodbye and didn’t look back several times.  What I did worry about was people’s pets.  But Meri had that dogs grave dug while he was watching and wagging.   So she wouldn’t care about real things, just her crappy inventory.  If she ever really loses due to a fire, her tone would change. This crying about it isn’t realistic. 

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

What I did worry about was people’s pets.  But Meri had that dogs grave dug while he was watching and wagging.   So she wouldn’t care about real things, just her crappy inventory.  If she ever really loses due to a fire, her tone would change. This crying about it isn’t realistic. 

is that how that episode went? wow. I could not bring myself to watch those scenes. Fast Forward.  

is it Sunday yet? I can't wait for the Meri Meltdown. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, texasbluebonnets said:

This entire season has been about real estate.  Nothing about anything else.  

Au contraire!!  We got to see Kody leap off of the couch to pick up the daughter having the panic attack that came on about moving (that he and Robyn brought on deliberately for the cameras.)  Well... technically that WAS about real estate I suppose.  You are right.  Ridiculous and boring.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

He did!  It was when he talked to Meri when he called home when he & Robyn were on their honeymoon.  

I know Christine has called him "love" but I can't recall if he has called her that in return.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I know Christine has called him "love" but I can't recall if he has called her that in return.

Christine also calls him Wonderful Man.  I don't recall him calling her anything except "disgusting" when she ate cheesy nachos.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Christine also calls him Wonderful Man.  I don't recall him calling her anything except "disgusting" when she ate cheesy nachos.

And her “manly, masculine man”. 

• LOL 6

Kootie did call Christine "Love" once, in that episode where she was making him breakfast and being all lovey dovey and calling him "Wonderful Man".  I was surprised when he said it, but then realized it was just for the camera and he was just acting the part of a plyg who can satisfy four women.  A truly wonderful man would have been cooking her breakfast.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Kootie did call Christine "Love" once, in that episode where she was making him breakfast and being all lovey dovey and calling him "Wonderful Man".  I was surprised when he said it, but then realized it was just for the camera and he was just acting the part of a plyg who can satisfy four women.  A truly wonderful man would have been cooking her breakfast.

She did brag at one time that she was the only one that cooked his eggs just the way he liked them and I doubt that she passed on her secret recipe to the other wives.  Pathetic really, I guess they take their small triumphs and victories wherever they can find them.

• Love 13

Weren't they being all lovey dovey during the Mykelti/FT wedding episodes? 

I bet Meri is looking forward to getting the lovey dovey treatment during the Mariah nuptials, but I also bet that Kody doesn't think a same-sex marriage "counts". 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Weren't they being all lovey dovey during the Mykelti/FT wedding episodes? 

I bet Meri is looking forward to getting the lovey dovey treatment during the Mariah nuptials, but I also bet that Kody doesn't think a same-sex marriage "counts". 

I don't remember whether it was Mykelti's or Aspyn's wedding when Christine wore that pearl grey mother-of-the-bride dress.  She never looked better and she knew it.  She glowed that day.

Meri will be so busy ensuring that every detail of Mariah/Audge wedding is carried out with precision that she won't have the time to relax and enjoy the event.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Meri will be so busy ensuring that every detail of Mariah/Audge wedding is carried out with precision that she won't have the time to relax and enjoy the event.

And she certainly won't be going fishing.  Though Janelle could fish since Meri was running Madison's wedding.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Does Lularoe make wedding gowns?

• LOL 13