Type keyword(s) to search

Tiger King - General Discussion

• Start Topic

@Zella  The standard for an injunction  is VERY high.   You have to show 1) you are likely to prevail at trial and 2) you would suffer irreparable harm if the action were to go on.   

What the judge found was no irreparable harm.    Although Baskin MIGHT be harmed by the show being aired, her damages would be monetary which can be fixed if she wins at trial.

Irreparable harm is usually something that can't be fixed by paying money later.   

Of course, by it going forward, IF she prevails at trial, her damages are increased because everyone saw what was put out in the show.   How she quantifies the damage I am not sure.   First she would have to show she HAD a reputation to be harmed by this NEW series airing, not just the hit to her reputation from LAST YEAR's show.   Which is gonna be hard because after last year, nobody really likes her.   There are A LOT of people who think she killed her husband.   There are a LOT of people who dislike that she has a "sanctuary" that is really a tourist attraction.   Adn even people who are like "hey sanctuaries have bills  you gotta do what you gotta do" went "wait she BRED cats too" and turned on her.   So how anything that is basically cutting room floor footage from the original will add to that harm I have no clue.  

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

@Zella  The standard for an injunction  is VERY high.   You have to show 1) you are likely to prevail at trial and 2) you would suffer irreparable harm if the action were to go on.   

What the judge found was no irreparable harm.    Although Baskin MIGHT be harmed by the show being aired, her damages would be monetary which can be fixed if she wins at trial.

Irreparable harm is usually something that can't be fixed by paying money later.   

Of course, by it going forward, IF she prevails at trial, her damages are increased because everyone saw what was put out in the show.   How she quantifies the damage I am not sure.   First she would have to show she HAD a reputation to be harmed by this NEW series airing, not just the hit to her reputation from LAST YEAR's show.   Which is gonna be hard because after last year, nobody really likes her.   There are A LOT of people who think she killed her husband.   There are a LOT of people who dislike that she has a "sanctuary" that is really a tourist attraction.   Adn even people who are like "hey sanctuaries have bills  you gotta do what you gotta do" went "wait she BRED cats too" and turned on her.   So how anything that is basically cutting room floor footage from the original will add to that harm I have no clue.  

That is incredibly helpful! Thank you. 

I am so surprised, I figured there were people bingeing this the second it dropped.

So Episode 1:   Joe Exotic whining and blaming everyone else for his problems.   Still obsessing about Carole Baskin even though his freaking obsession is what got him put in prison in the first place.   Carole Baskin tries to rehab her image.   But wait, the INTERNET SLEUTHS are on the case now.   Yes, seriously.   Some guy sitting at his computer will solve this case in a hot minute.

Episode 2 and 3:   The internet sleuths work the case.   The kids hire a lawyer.  Who is as weird as everyone else on this show.   And OMG there's a psychic involved.   Carole tries some more rehab her image while the kids complain.  

LOTS of footage of Carole Baskin buts its all stuff she already put out there.   So I'm not sure how she can complain that using her in the second season can hurt her image.   She's out there running her mouth and posting stuff too.   Guess what you put it out there and people are going to use it (not sure if documentaries fall under "fair use" or they really did need permission.   I am presuming Netflix's lawyers looked closely at this.   Or they figure they got too much money to care).

Look folks, both things can be true.   Joe Exotic tried to have Carole Baskin killed.   AND Carole Baskin is a horrible person who killed her husband and dumped in his a lake where he is now alligator poop.  Carole is as souless as Joe Exotic.   He never saw a camera he didn't like and neither did she.   She thinks she is a badass and people should be afraid of her.   But like one person said "She doesn't care about people, she only cares about her cats."   Yep, yep, yep.   And Don threatened her life with the cats in some way, either by taking them away or by cutting of the endless supply of money.   She would not put up with that.   He would have been just another obstacle to overcome in her quest to become to become the Tiger Queen.

EPisodes 4 & 5:   Joe Exotic whines about what a crook Jeff Lowe is.   COMPLETELY overlooking the fact that Joe sold his Zoo to him solely hide assets from Carole when she won the trademark case against him.   So you know, Pot meet Kettle.   Then there is Tim Stark.   Another batguano crazy fame strumpet.   With an hella enabling mother.   Everything her baby boy does is wonderful and people who don't see that are just WRONG.   Tim had "baby tiger play time" where he literally had people playing with baby tigers.   Because that's safe.   Then he lost his license to exhibit and started cursing everyone out.   Including a judge.  Because that always works out so well.   Tim also made a deal with Jeff Lowe.   That worked out as well as Joe Exotic's did.  

I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the first.   But damn.  I wanted to know about the folks from the first series, not meet new characters.   The Zoo wokrers were the only decent people in this whole thing.   The owners of all the Zoos and "rescues" are terrible people.   I'm glad the Lowe and Stark animals are in a sanctuary in Colorado where no one is exploiting them anymore.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 5

Erik made me lol when he comments about smoking a cigarette while sitting on a haystack. RIP Erik. All these folks are trash, including the media hungry lawyers. I feel bad for all the animals who were maimed or died in the back of that van. That was heartbreaking. Team no one. The only victims are the animals. Declawing the tigers. Ok in my province I can’t even declaw my cat, not that I want to or agree but HOW is this man allowed to do this?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 7

I don't think you could put together a group of more unsympathetic, publicity-hungry,  all around dumb and/or absolutely ugly (personality wise) people possible if you tried. I hope all of them fade into total irrelevance (most of them in a jail cell) because I think that is the worst thing possible for them.

Edited by estellasmum
  • Love 5

Wow - they have done a great job of proving that Don was a very shady guy who probably had many enemies due to the way he did business and acted personally in Costa Rico. 

Let's start with the teenage girls he was hooking up with in Costa Rico. His steady girlfriend was 15-yrs old, almost 35 years younger than Don at the time. According to the people he worked with there, he was also involved with other teenage girls and money laundering. 

The daughters come off as naïve and unable to comprehend just how much shady stuff that their father was doing. They hate Carole so much that they refuse to even consider that someone or something else might be responsible for their dad's disappearance. 

If anything, the makers of the documentary made me look beyond Carole to other suspects. A part of me thinks that either someone Don was dealing with regarding the money laundering or the underage girls killed him and disposed of the body or Don got tired of his wife and daughters fighting, took his off-shore assets, and disappeared to a quieter life. Either scenario seems far more likely than Carole killing him and feeding his body to the tigers.

Do I like Carole? No, not even a little. I think she is no better than any of the other Big Cat people in these documentaries and took full advantage of Don's disappearance for her own benefit. That does not make her a murderer. 

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, cmahorror said:

If anything, the makers of the documentary made me look beyond Carole to other suspects. A part of me thinks that either someone Don was dealing with regarding the money laundering or the underage girls killed him and disposed of the body or Don got tired of his wife and daughters fighting, took his off-shore assets, and disappeared to a quieter life. Either scenario seems far more likely than Carole killing him and feeding his body to the tigers.

This. I mean sure. there's a degree of fame whoring and attention seeking in play but really it seems plausible that Don had some dirty dealings in Costa Rica and might have done a runner.

I really get the impression that Don's daughters/exwife are much more pissed about not inheriting than where Don ended up. 

Like you say, this doesn't mean I like Carole. I think she's a self involved bitch who is obsessed with her cat empire and did everything she could to keep as much of Don's money as she could... But I don't think she fed him to the tigers.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

This. I mean sure. there's a degree of fame whoring and attention seeking in play but really it seems plausible that Don had some dirty dealings in Costa Rica and might have done a runner.

I really get the impression that Don's daughters/exwife are much more pissed about not inheriting than where Don ended up. 

Like you say, this doesn't mean I like Carole. I think she's a self involved bitch who is obsessed with her cat empire and did everything she could to keep as much of Don's money as she could... But I don't think she fed him to the tigers.

This sequel has mostly re-inforced my opinion of my watch of the first season. None of these are good, likeable people. But out off all of them, Carol is the most maligned. I think she knows what happened to Don but I don't think she was involved, or as involed as his family wants to believe. And didn't his assistant also get in trouble for embezzlement? I think Carol is kind of a sociopath it's just that when compared to the rest of the sociopaths in this series she's the least awful. A low bar granted. 

• Love 8
On 11/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, Lillith said:

But out off all of them, Carol is the most maligned. I think she knows what happened to Don but I don't think she was involved, or as involed as his family wants to believe.

I think whatever shady thing happened to Don, she knew enough about it to provide herself an alibi. I think there's enough shady dealings going on in this situation that it is entirely possible Don did do a runner to a foreign country.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:42 PM, Lillith said:

And didn't his assistant also get in trouble for embezzlement?

Yes, I kinda sorta adore how she's all OMG THINGS WERE FORGED when she was actively stealing money from Don herself.

I think the daughters and ex wife have a somewhat legit beef over the money but I also think there's no way to prove their claims to where they have a chance in hell of getting anything - its been 22 years. 

There's also the reality that Don - who picked up Carole off the street when she was 18, does seem to be a guy who liked young women and young girls and who may have been grooming and having sex with underage girls in a country where that sort of thing can trigger violence.  

I do NOT think he was fed to tigers. I hate to say this in the way that I am going to, because it does suggest Carole put some thought into it but... I think she knows too much about big cats to think feeding them her husband would effectively get rid of the body. Joe Exotic going on about how a tiger can eat a turkey and there's no bones left ignores the reality that birds have lighter bones than humans and SMALLER bones. A tiger isn't going to swallow a femur. There would be left overs. 

Allen's sudden turn around really felt like attention seeking and like Jeff Lowe screwed him over in some way so now he's getting back at him. I think Jeff finally realized that with Tim Stark going utterly batshit, that the authorities were no longer finding all of this faintly amusing. 

That said, while I feel sympathy for Joe in that I think he's dealt with his fair share of tragic events, I also think he was abusive to his tigers and animals, and maybe if you don't want to go to jail for murder for hire, you shouldn't make endless videos of yourself saying you plan to kill someone, and then go and give some yahoo 3k to do it, and then talk about doing that on tape to an FBI undercover agent. He's in prison for some legit things.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I think whatever shady thing happened to Don, she knew enough about it to provide herself an alibi. I think there's enough shady dealings going on in this situation that it is entirely possible Don did do a runner to a foreign country.

Yes, I kinda sorta adore how she's all OMG THINGS WERE FORGED when she was actively stealing money from Don herself.

I think the daughters and ex wife have a somewhat legit beef over the money but I also think there's no way to prove their claims to where they have a chance in hell of getting anything - its been 22 years. 

There's also the reality that Don - who picked up Carole off the street when she was 18, does seem to be a guy who liked young women and young girls and who may have been grooming and having sex with underage girls in a country where that sort of thing can trigger violence.  

I do NOT think he was fed to tigers. I hate to say this in the way that I am going to, because it does suggest Carole put some thought into it but... I think she knows too much about big cats to think feeding them her husband would effectively get rid of the body. Joe Exotic going on about how a tiger can eat a turkey and there's no bones left ignores the reality that birds have lighter bones than humans and SMALLER bones. A tiger isn't going to swallow a femur. There would be left overs. 

Allen's sudden turn around really felt like attention seeking and like Jeff Lowe screwed him over in some way so now he's getting back at him. I think Jeff finally realized that with Tim Stark going utterly batshit, that the authorities were no longer finding all of this faintly amusing. 

That said, while I feel sympathy for Joe in that I think he's dealt with his fair share of tragic events, I also think he was abusive to his tigers and animals, and maybe if you don't want to go to jail for murder for hire, you shouldn't make endless videos of yourself saying you plan to kill someone, and then go and give some yahoo 3k to do it, and then talk about doing that on tape to an FBI undercover agent. He's in prison for some legit things.

His desperation for attention also seemed to outweigh any common sense he might have once possessed. He is not a good or smart guy and the only ones I feel sorry for are the animals.

• Love 5

Wasn't there a handyman who threatened his wife that he'd dispose of her like he did Don Lewis, and to whom Carole made some very uncharacteristically generous gestures by signing over properties so he could start a business? Between that, the weirdly specific language of Don's will, and her brother being involved in investigating the disappearance, I think the odds of her being involved are pretty high. The tigers a lot less so.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

Wasn't there a handyman who threatened his wife that he'd dispose of her like he did Don Lewis, and to whom Carole made some very uncharacteristically generous gestures by signing over properties so he could start a business?

I think so but honestly so much of this is a back and forth 'maybe this happened'  that its hard to make sense of. At some point wasn't Joe's lawyer sniffing around?

1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

Between that, the weirdly specific language of Don's will, and her brother being involved in investigating the disappearance, I think the odds of her being involved are pretty high.

I agree its all odd and suspicious. At the same time, no matter how hard I look, there just doesn't seem to be enough to go anywhere. I mean, sure the case is still open but barring new and actual evidence, I doubt this will be solved. 

It'd be a good episode of Unsolved Mysteries, that's for sure. This show needs the ghost of Robert Stack.

• Love 3

How is Jeff Lowe not in jail? And why did he all of the sudden become Team Joe. I can't believe that these people talk so freely about murder plots. Jeff and Allen were planning on decapitating Joe?? And Jeff wanted to open a strip club at the zoo? What! I also can't believe I watched a whole interview with Jeff while Lauren lounged in the background in her lingerie. And then they were joined by a side chick. I feel so bad for their poor child. 

I feel like all the new info on Don just muddied the waters even more. I can totally believe Carole had something to do with it but I can also believe Don got involved with some shadiness in Costa Rica and that got him killed. Especially if he was hooking up with underage girls and flashing money around. I honestly don't think we will ever get a clear answer on what happened to him, unless he's still alive somewhere and he comes out of hiding. That psychic and Ripper were too much.

I didn't think anyone was as crazy as Joe and then Tim Stark shows up. What a piece of work that guy is. 

I cannot believe Joe has a 20 year prison sentence and is still trolling for a new husband. And men are actually throwing themselves in to try and get with him. What in the world.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MaggieG said:

How is Jeff Lowe not in jail?

Because he's a sleazeball but I can't really attach a crime to him aside from animal abuse. He's human scum but bullshitting about killing Joe with Allen who is hardly a great source? I dunno. Having a "code 69" call for him and his wife to sexually entice new employees is unprofessional and sexual harassment but it requires someone filing charges. 

• Love 3

A couple of things stood out to me:

1) Jeff, Tim, Joe, Don & Doc all ping my radar as having some involvement in other sorts of shady stuff - primarily drugs and money laundering. None of these dudes have legitimate careers, and yet they all seem to have access to endless amounts of cash. Where is it all coming from, because it damn sure isn't being funded on the backs of the handful of people coming through their "zoos" daily?

2) Carole seemed incredibly blasé about the fact that her husband was basically engaging in pedophilia. I don't understand why the basic answer wasn't "I went to Costa Rica, discovered my husband was having sex with young girls and told him our relationship was over." In fact, in the hundreds of hours of diary entries, and attempts to set up a narrative around the slow dissolution of that relationship, infidelity and sex with teenaged girls was not part of the story. 

3) Joe has something right - Jeff and his wife are predators, and anyone who has committed as many crimes (financial, social, physical) as Jeff has with zero jail time and the government not taking property, assets, etc. is engaging in playing both sides of the fence. Unfortunately, the other "outlaws" in this community don't seem to recognize that very basic fact.  

• Love 3
On 11/24/2021 at 9:16 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Because he's a sleazeball but I can't really attach a crime to him aside from animal abuse. He's human scum but bullshitting about killing Joe with Allen who is hardly a great source? I dunno. Having a "code 69" call for him and his wife to sexually entice new employees is unprofessional and sexual harassment but it requires someone filing charges. 

But there were crimes. In TK2 alone, there were 1) documented DWIs (they have it on video); 2) multi-million dollar theft from a legitimate charity (also documented on video and confirmed by the local reporter);  and 3) conspiracy (he was present when Joe allegedly asked the young lady to kill Carole). Plus, if the feds wanted to use the playbook they used on Joe, they would just charge him with the animal crimes and go after for every tiger, monkey, etc that was malnourished or mistreated at the new facility in OK.

• Love 1

I hate to be cynical but DWI isn't a slam dunk to prison. Charities often don't prosecute if they can get their money back, and Jeff was theoretically an informant on the plot to kill Carole - that's where the entrapment claims come from.

I hate the tiger abuse too, and he SHOULD be prosecuted but....it ain't my call. He's scum and should be in jail but he's been lucky in his crimes.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I hate to be cynical but DWI isn't a slam dunk to prison. Charities often don't prosecute if they can get their money back, and Jeff was theoretically an informant on the plot to kill Carole - that's where the entrapment claims come from.

I hate the tiger abuse too, and he SHOULD be prosecuted but....it ain't my call. He's scum and should be in jail but he's been lucky in his crimes.

He didn't pay any restitution on the charities fraud - the amount of the theft alone should have triggered the filing of state criminal charges. He's also had multiple DWIs in Nevada. But I think your observation here about his being an informant is critical - that's the reason all of these other charges in various jurisdictions seem to just fade away. My guess is he's a federal informant and they clear the decks whenever he gets in trouble.

• Love 1

Oh goodie another unlikeable guy.    Can you get more than the "after the Tiger King" updates we got the staff.   Those folks at least were kinda cool.

As for Carole, her story doesn't fit.    We don't even have proof he left the country.   He was planning to leave on Monday.   Why suddenly decide to fly down before that?    So if he was still here, the families of the girls in Costa Rica were not likely to come here just to track him down to kill him.   They would wait for his next visit.   Oh he took small planes and flew under the radar.   then conveniently crashed in the gulf.   Suurrre.    It's just with no proof, its hard to match those versions with the known facts.     I think he's in that swamp area where the gators are.    Tigers might not eat him, but gators would.   And after all this time, nothing would be left.

Carole's lawsuit against Netflix has a huge problem.   That is CLEARLY new footage of her.   At one point she references things that occurred AFTER the original aired.   That means she participated in the second series.   After how she was portrayed in the first, she had to know she would not be portrayed as this big cat loving eccentric woman.   So its going to be tough to say she never gave permission.   

• Useful 1

I would love to hear more from the staff. Folks like Erik seemed legit horrified by what they had to do. I know many people ask, “ Why didn’t they quit or call the cops?” Well, many of these people are recovering addicts, some freshly out of jail. They have nowhere else to go and Joe knew that. He underpaid them and had them do things they were not qualified to do…..it was disgusting. Don’t even get me started on Jeff Lowe.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3

Finished the Doc Antle doc last night. That dude is pretty much the walking definition of a scumbag. It's clear by episode 2 that he was targeting teen girls, and by the last episode they flat out say that he was grooming girls starting at 12/13/14 and having sex with them by age 16 or so. Bravo to the crazy hippies at Yogaville who said even in the "free love" 70's his behavior with those girls was a bridge too far. He's left a trail of broken and scarred women, many of whom have probably passed those traumas down. And I think he's more dangerous than Joe, because while Joe hates himself, I didn't get the sense that he intentionally preyed on others. Doc on the other hand is straight trash, and everyone he was involved with left worse off, if they made it out at all.

• Love 5
On 12/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, qtpye said:

I think Netflix is hoping for lighting to strike twice with this group of degenerates but I do not think it is going to happen.

Agreed. I could not care less about updates on any of these scummy people, much less sit through another series. I hope the staff who seemed pretty vulnerable come out okay, but for the repellent main players? They can disappear back into obscurity. The show had its moment at the start of Covid because there was a captive audience, and it won't replicate that success.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Pretty sure he preyed on his husbands but Antle is certainly more blatant. 

21 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Finished the Doc Antle doc last night. That dude is pretty much the walking definition of a scumbag. It's clear by episode 2 that he was targeting teen girls, and by the last episode they flat out say that he was grooming girls starting at 12/13/14 and having sex with them by age 16 or so. Bravo to the crazy hippies at Yogaville who said even in the "free love" 70's his behavior with those girls was a bridge too far. He's left a trail of broken and scarred women, many of whom have probably passed those traumas down. And I think he's more dangerous than Joe, because while Joe hates himself, I didn't get the sense that he intentionally preyed on others. Doc on the other hand is straight trash, and everyone he was involved with left worse off, if they made it out at all.

I have a theory that Jo’s husbands were the type of guys Joe wished he could be. Handsome (before they lost their teeth), tall, athletic, and non fem.

They were younger and he probably did take advantage of them.

• Love 1
On 11/17/2021 at 7:50 PM, merylinkid said:

I am so surprised, I figured there were people bingeing this the second it dropped.

So Episode 1:   Joe Exotic whining and blaming everyone else for his problems.   Still obsessing about Carole Baskin even though his freaking obsession is what got him put in prison in the first place.   Carole Baskin tries to rehab her image.   But wait, the INTERNET SLEUTHS are on the case now.   Yes, seriously.   Some guy sitting at his computer will solve this case in a hot minute.

Episode 2 and 3:   The internet sleuths work the case.   The kids hire a lawyer.  Who is as weird as everyone else on this show.   And OMG there's a psychic involved.   Carole tries some more rehab her image while the kids complain.  

LOTS of footage of Carole Baskin buts its all stuff she already put out there.   So I'm not sure how she can complain that using her in the second season can hurt her image.   She's out there running her mouth and posting stuff too.   Guess what you put it out there and people are going to use it (not sure if documentaries fall under "fair use" or they really did need permission.   I am presuming Netflix's lawyers looked closely at this.   Or they figure they got too much money to care).

Look folks, both things can be true.   Joe Exotic tried to have Carole Baskin killed.   AND Carole Baskin is a horrible person who killed her husband and dumped in his a lake where he is now alligator poop.  Carole is as souless as Joe Exotic.   He never saw a camera he didn't like and neither did she.   She thinks she is a badass and people should be afraid of her.   But like one person said "She doesn't care about people, she only cares about her cats."   Yep, yep, yep.   And Don threatened her life with the cats in some way, either by taking them away or by cutting of the endless supply of money.   She would not put up with that.   He would have been just another obstacle to overcome in her quest to become to become the Tiger Queen.

EPisodes 4 & 5:   Joe Exotic whines about what a crook Jeff Lowe is.   COMPLETELY overlooking the fact that Joe sold his Zoo to him solely hide assets from Carole when she won the trademark case against him.   So you know, Pot meet Kettle.   Then there is Tim Stark.   Another batguano crazy fame strumpet.   With an hella enabling mother.   Everything her baby boy does is wonderful and people who don't see that are just WRONG.   Tim had "baby tiger play time" where he literally had people playing with baby tigers.   Because that's safe.   Then he lost his license to exhibit and started cursing everyone out.   Including a judge.  Because that always works out so well.   Tim also made a deal with Jeff Lowe.   That worked out as well as Joe Exotic's did.  

I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the first.   But damn.  I wanted to know about the folks from the first series, not meet new characters.   The Zoo wokrers were the only decent people in this whole thing.   The owners of all the Zoos and "rescues" are terrible people.   I'm glad the Lowe and Stark animals are in a sanctuary in Colorado where no one is exploiting them anymore.

And only having the in memory for Eric cowie at the end ?   Wth ?  They should have done better 

• Love 1

I knew this was coming out , but I didn’t know it was out.  So I binged while being stuck inside due to snow    Here are some of my thoughts :  doc antle needs to take several seats.   He is gross and a control freak   And what if nice Barbara got the implants and used them on other dudes ??  She supposed to take them out and leave them with you ??asshat   And he doesn’t like explaining things over and over ?? Then maybe just maybe make some sense 

joe needs to stop acting like every day he is going to get out   And getting new evidence doesn’t mean you are getting out.   There are the animal h charges and all

jeff Lowe is gross.  And sketchy as hell 

• Love 4

Joe Exotic resentenced.   The appeals court found that his sentences for all his crimes should run concurrently (at the same time) instead of consecutively as the judge had done.   So the judge got to resentence him.   Instead of 22 years, he got 21 years.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-exotic-tiger-king-sentence-murder-for-hire-812b9b2b759e8d84f2e3192766f1efec

Carole Baskin was in the courtroom and gave a statement on how she is still in fear for her life from him.   he claimed he never even saw the Tiger King and was not the same person.   I really really really hope they played the clips from Tiger King 2 where he is still blaming everyone else for why he is in jail.   And asking why Carole Baskin is not in jail, thereby showing he is still obsessed with her.  His defense said he should only get 7 and half years.  Given how he is still not taking responsibility and everything, I don't blame the judge for saying "Not today dude."

• Love 3

I laughed so hard when I saw they only knocked a year off. On his social media, Joe via his minions had clearly been expecting for him to be released today, and I guess this is a repeat of LimoGate. He's never going to learn, and he's always going to see himself as the victim. 

• Love 7

Few people have given me as strong a vibe of "release me from jail so I can get back to committing crimes!" as Joe Exotic. I'm just glad his menagerie of sketchy associates haven't tried a jailbreak with sticks of dynamite in the visitation area.

• Love 4
On 1/29/2022 at 11:34 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Few people have given me as strong a vibe of "release me from jail so I can get back to committing crimes!" as Joe Exotic. I'm just glad his menagerie of sketchy associates haven't tried a jailbreak with sticks of dynamite in the visitation area.

And Joe being mad because Dillon wasn’t standing outside the prison trying to break him out 

• LOL 1

Biden Signs Tiger King Bill Into Law

On Tuesday, President Joe Biden signed into law H.R. 263, known as the “Big Cat Public Safety Act,” which puts a slew of new amendments on an older law that regulates wildlife trafficking. The legislation bans private citizens from breeding, purchasing, and transporting big cats, mandates owners register animals they already own, effectively phasing out private ownership of big cats. The bill, which unanimously passed the Senate earlier this month, also restricts public contact with six species: lions, tigers, cougars, leopards, snow leopards, and jaguars.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1

What the whatty what?

Carole Baskin claiming she was told by DHS that her husband is alive and living it up in Costa rica.   NO CONFIRMATION from any other source.   But it all over twitter.

Post not the only reporting this.   Just the best link.     I know post will make stuff up.    But this is INSANE.    Like she NEVER said anything WHILE she was being vilified but NOW -- "oh yeah, btw, I was told YEARS ago he was alive, now leave me alone."

Which if he is alive -- his money is HIS money, Carole.   Not yours.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

What the whatty what?

Carole Baskin claiming she was told by DHS that her husband is alive and living it up in Costa rica.   NO CONFIRMATION from any other source.   But it all over twitter.

Post not the only reporting this.   Just the best link.     I know post will make stuff up.    But this is INSANE.    Like she NEVER said anything WHILE she was being vilified but NOW -- "oh yeah, btw, I was told YEARS ago he was alive, now leave me alone."

Which if he is alive -- his money is HIS money, Carole.   Not yours.

Everyone I know was certain she killed him. I never got that because IRC, there wasn't any evidence. 

• Like 1