Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

Tiger King

That's two of the three Big Cat owners featured in the show who were indicted, Joe Exotic was convicted.   That leaves only Carole Baskin.   She might regret being so high profile.

• Like 1

I don't think the series is glorifying anyone. The only facility they showed that actually treats the animals properly is run by a crazy cat lady who may have buried her murdered husband somewhere on site. There were about four named people on the show that seemed like decent folks, and none of them were owners.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I don't think the series is glorifying anyone. The only facility they showed that actually treats the animals properly is run by a crazy cat lady who may have buried her murdered husband somewhere on site. There were about four named people on the show that seemed like decent folks, and none of them were owners.

She didn't bury him on the site, she fed him to the big cats.   Make sure you get your salacious rumor right.   

15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Is there anything close to proof Carole murdered her husband?

Direct evidence?   No.   Circumstantial -- yes.    He went missing supposedly on a trip that no one can prove he ever even left on.   He was supposedly talking about divorce, which Carole denies adamantly.   She had him declared dead realllllllly quick after he went missing so she could probate the Will.   Which mysteriously left everything to her and nothing to his kids from his previous marriage.    He did have a good relationship with those kids and a previous Will had provided for them.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

She didn't bury him on the site, she fed him to the big cats.   Make sure you get your salacious rumor right.   

Direct evidence?   No.   Circumstantial -- yes.    He went missing supposedly on a trip that no one can prove he ever even left on.   He was supposedly talking about divorce, which Carole denies adamantly.   She had him declared dead realllllllly quick after he went missing so she could probate the Will.   Which mysteriously left everything to her and nothing to his kids from his previous marriage.    He did have a good relationship with those kids and a previous Will had provided for them.   

Thank you. I watched Tiger King and get that it's all very suspicious. I don't think she should have been on DWTS. But I still wonder if he faked his death or had any enemies. 

The apparently faked will, the relative stepping in to the investigation of Don's disappearance, and the handyman who implicated himself while threatening his wife are the compelling signs of foul play to me. Absent those I'd find it just as likely that Don Baskin is somewhere in South America partying it up with his friends from the drug cartels.

• Like 3

So, if anyone is jonesing for more Tiger King craziness, check out the episode of Ghost Hunters where they investigate Joe's home.  The state of that house is much more frightening than any ghostly activity!  Apparently horses have access to the house and have helped trash it.  The weirdest shot is a horse, standing solidly, legs apart, in the living room, peeing a great volume. There are still full prescription bottles belonging to Joe, his satin embroidered jackets are still there, and Zak Bagens, the host, finds a penis pump in a drawer.  Jeff and Lauren are featured, as are Erik (who is still his awesome honest self) and Alan the hitman.  There is a funny scene where Jeff is supposed to have left his home so the investigators could do their thing but, when they come in, he scares them half to death by moving under a tiger-patterned comforter.  Good times. If you can't find it on your t.v. schedule, it's streaming for free on the Travel Channel website.

Edited by Cowgirl · Reason: Had the wrong name for the hitman. Don't want him to come get me!
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

So, if anyone is jonesing for more Tiger King craziness, check out the episode of Ghost Hunters where they investigate Joe's home.  The state of that house is much more frightening than any ghostly activity!

I have no interest in re-visiting the show, or any of the people from it, but I do remember how awful his home looked when he lived in there! It looked like something straight out of an episode of Hoarders.

I'm thinking no self-respecting ghost would want to haunt that place!

• Like 1

I definitely think any apparitions people might have seen in that home would have more to do with Joe's stashes of drugs than anything paranormal.

• Like 3

On 11/3/2020 at 11:15 AM, Cowgirl said:

So, if anyone is jonesing for more Tiger King craziness, check out the episode of Ghost Hunters where they investigate Joe's home.  The state of that house is much more frightening than any ghostly activity!  Apparently horses have access to the house and have helped trash it.  The weirdest shot is a horse, standing solidly, legs apart, in the living room, peeing a great volume. There are still full prescription bottles belonging to Joe, his satin embroidered jackets are still there, and Zak Bagens, the host, finds a penis pump in a drawer.  Jeff and Lauren are featured, as are Erik (who is still his awesome honest self) and Alan the hitman.  There is a funny scene where Jeff is supposed to have left his home so the investigators could do their thing but, when they come in, he scares them half to death by moving under a tiger-patterned comforter.  Good times. If you can't find it on your t.v. schedule, it's streaming for free on the Travel Channel website.

Of course I watched this. The penis pump and Alan stirring under the covers cracked me up. They were convinced Travis was haunting the place. 

• Like 1

I know their policy is to minimize contact between humans and the animals, and they never have people go into an enclosure that has an unsedated cat running loose, but could they make an exception for Zak just this one time? Pretty please?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2