Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

S08.E18: I'll Cover You

Recommended Posts

Severide teams up with Seager and the OFI when a motel structure fire turns suspicious. Firehouse 51 members become amateur sleuths following a Reddit post involving one of their own. Brett continues to get invested in her birth mother, Julie.

Airdate: 03/25/2020

Share this post


Link to post

Severide didn't look like he cared failing Stella's "set up" question if it was tough working with Seager.

Oh crap! We missed the reason for calling it "Girls on Fire". And the look on the student's faces summed up everything!

There's a fire at the motel, people are just hanging around on the second level, Casey and Gallo walk passed them and never ordered to evacuate/go downstairs.

CPD couldn't conduct a proper investigation to determine if it was homicide? 

Did Severide really need Boden's permission to work the case???? Severide was already on it the moment he tossed his gloves (in disgust) at the truck!!!

Severide is losing it! He thought the case was all wrapped up and here's Boden to point out his miss!

Kelly sucks at boarding up doors if a little wind can easily pull it loose.

Now Kelly has redeemed himself to the fire gods by regaining focus, instantly spotting the nervous perp, knew to get off the correct parking level (#10), duck away from the speeding car, and hopped down a few levels with the speed of a cheetah to catch his prey (without breaking a sweat)! The entire scene had me laughing!

And during that time, Ruzek was no where to be found until it was time to slap on the cuffs!

I'm sure the people at BMW aren't too happy to see their car isn't capable of ramming through a dumpster.

Seager breaks her arm while Severide suffered getting a little dust on his jacket.

I was more concerned if Seager's hair was OK than any other part of  her body!

The restaurant couldn't perform the "Heimlich maneuver" or were they afraid of a lawsuit? I hope she said "no" to the proposal! 

Was it good plan to lay the girl on her back (I don't know)?

I thought there was rule for how many people allowed to ride the ambulance (or am I thinking of another show?).

I don't blame Denny, I too wouldn't recognize Seager from behind with that hair.

And now it begins!  It's all coming to shape, get rid of Julie, save the baby, and set up a Sylvie/Casey to raise the child. Then there will be legal issue cause the father wants custody and he will eventually win and leave town/Sylvie heart broken. Or is it possible the father going to get killed soon?

Shimblecock left a big impression on the kid but candidate Casey didn't care to remember it! Call me "Captain", is the respect senior Firefighter Shimblecock gets now.

Looked like they cut/pasted Dennis Leary's hair on Casey.

Edited by mxc90
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

 

And now it begins!  It's all coming to shape, get rid of Julie, save the baby, and set up a Sylvie/Casey to raise the child. Then there will be legal issue cause the father wants custody and he will eventually win and leave town/Sylvie heart broken. Or is it possible the father going to get killed soon?

If they do that, it's basically a rerun!  UGH!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jesse Spencer had hair like that when he was on house. 😆

That was sad. Julie’s pregnancy had to be a high risk one at her age so shouldn’t she have been taking it easy?

Wonder if that was it for the season?

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Called it. Mother dies, Brett has half sister to raise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Considering 'One Chicago' has the habit of killing babies...this was almost a surprising twist....almost...since most people picked it a mile off from the moment #deadmumwalking showed up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

It sucks, I liked Julie. 😭

I liked Julie a lot.  She was kind of ditzy, just like Brett. 

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Shimblecock left a big impression on the kid but candidate Casey didn't care to remember it! Call me "Captain", is the respect senior Firefighter Shimblecock gets now.

All I can think of when I here that name is shuttlecock (a badminton birdie).

Old Helmet Hair's hair looks all greasy and gross looking.  Does she ever wash it?

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Severide didn't look like he cared failing Stella's "set up" question if it was tough working with Seager.

Stella and Helmet Hair are two peas in the same pod.  I don't like either one of them.  They do have horrible personalities.

Hermann isn't totally wrong, there are some bad things on the internet.  Of that there is no doubt.

This is the first time I can remember where Casey looked somewhat bad.  Yanking a kids arm out of its socket.  It may have have been necessary, but normally those type of unfortunate results don't happen to Casey.

 

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

This is the first time I can remember where Casey looked somewhat bad.  Yanking a kids arm out of its socket.  It may have have been necessary, but normally those type of unfortunate results don't happen to Casey.

A little blip on our Captain's record (it was in 2004). The kid is probably a pitcher for the Mets now. From 2005 and on, Casey has clean up/polished his yanking technique and his record has been spotless since! A few people tried to file a complaint on him but were all shot down.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Super Severide to the rescue again. Once again, he does the triple, as Squad lieutenant, arson investigator, and cop. Investigating drug overdoses and now helping solve a murder case. Why was Adam even there, since we all knew only Kelly was going to stop the murderer?

Why was there a need to kill off Julie? She was actually pretty good and generally wanted to in Sylvie's life. Sylvie was happy to get to know her birth mother. She was worried when the other shoe might drop, and it wound up dropping hard. And now the baby will wind up growing up without knowing it's mother. I hope they don't use the baby as a way to force Matt and Sylvie together.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't care for this episode and I didn't think Julie would die but I guess I can see that now. 

Girls on Fire, I was expecting it to fall apart and I still do. Stella was a pain in the ass and maybe the other lady should take the role head on. 

Btw, if Scott is the father, Sylvie would not be getting the baby. 

That was funny about Casey but I think Cruz could have asked a few more questions to find out which person the guy wanted to ask about. You could see two people in that pic. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

Btw, if Scott is the father, Sylvie would not be getting the baby. 

This is true↑, but they'll spin this into some sort of drama. Like he's not able to care for the kid, he's unfit, he's not the father, he doesn't want to, etc. This baby storyline is in its infancy (pun intended).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, preeya said:

This is true↑, but they'll spin this into some sort of drama. Like he's not able to care for the kid, he's unfit, he's not the father, he doesn't want to, etc. This baby storyline is in its infancy (pun intended).

Yeah, I can imagine they'll have Scott say the baby reminds him of Julie, and I can't have her, or he somehow blames Sylvie for Julie's death and wants nothing to do with her or the baby.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Super Severide to the rescue again. Once again, he does the triple, as Squad lieutenant, arson investigator, and cop. Investigating drug overdoses and now helping solve a murder case.

Honestly, I wish they would leave the investigations to Chicago PD. I realize the writers are probably tired of writing the same old same old, but if they want to write investigation stories they need to go write for PD. This is ridiculous. Severide pouted and sulked when he was assigned to the investigation squad on a temporary basis. Now he's back at the station and goes running off at the chance to investigate a case. It looks like he just wants to have it all, and pick and choose which cases he gets to investigate. It shouldn't work that way. If he wants to investigate cases he needs to go back to working for that department, period.

I concur that the woman whose idiot boyfriend put the engagement ring in her champagne should run far, far away. Also, you cannot have three people riding in the ambo with the victim. 

What exactly prevented Foster from becoming a doctor? I can't remember what that story was. She cheated on a test or something? I'm probably getting this mixed up with Grey's Anatomy. Of course, if she were on that show, she could do anything and still be a doctor.

Quote

Yeah, I can imagine they'll have Scott say the baby reminds him of Julie, and I can't have her, or he somehow blames Sylvie for Julie's death and wants nothing to do with her or the baby.

I think the more likely scenario is that Sylvie will want to be part of the baby's life, and Scott will refuse. We still haven't had any follow up since that one time he opened the door and lied to her. I think there is probably still hostility there.

 

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

From 2005 and on, Casey has clean up/polished his yanking technique and his record has been spotless since!

I know what you mean by "yanking technique" but my mind totally went elsewhere!

Quote

Old Helmet Hair's hair looks all greasy and gross looking.  Does she ever wash it?

Actually I thought it looked a little better than last time. It's a little longer now, so it's gone from looking like a bad wig to a bad haircut.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I still haven´t recovered from ER´s Love´s Labor Lost and that was over 20 years ago.

I hate this type of storylines. I would rather put up with Brett and her mum´s sugary convos than this outcome. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Whoop there it is!

It’s obvious that the dad will want nothing to do with the baby that he will claim killed his wife. Brett will take it home because on Chicago Fire it is easier to get a baby than it is to get a dog. Brett and Casey will get together because he wants already made family. They will move in together into a new apartment. Just as they settle in and the baby falls asleep and Matt reaches over to kiss her.... the doorbell rings.

It’s Dawson with a baby belly.

You can see it coming from a mile away.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I know people keep saying Gabi is going to show up pregnant but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. Monica Raymund is on another show now. She might show up for another guest appearance but she's not coming back full time, which means a pregnancy storyline would have to be resolved in one or two episodes and then she'd leave again.

Share this post


Link to post

What kind of an idiot slams down a flute of champagne like a shot such that a ring in the glass goes down her throat?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

What kind of an idiot slams down a flute of champagne like a shot such that a ring in the glass goes down her throat?

A person being annoyed by the boyfriend's mother and father yapping.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Spacey Casey and Thimblecock Shimblecock.

Stella can hate Seager all she wants to, but she doesn't have Girls on Fire without Seager (or Kylie).  After enough ad nauseam complaining, I'm going to need her to figure out how to deal with it or pick not working with Seager over having the program.  Would Stella rather be chasing the shitty efforts of Captain Leone???

I don't know if it's been mentioned in previous episode threads, but the actress who plays Seager is really quite stunning with her old hair.  I don't know what's real hair and what's not between now and then, but for example -

https://eurweb.com/2018/08/13/prince-saved-2011-love-letter-from-singer-andy-allo-i-will-never-forget-these-last-2-nights/

Her current hair is so far in the opposite direction, I don't know why she likes it.

I guess Hermann has time to sit around and bitch about the evil internet because he's done with his remedial fire safety training.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I know people keep saying Gabi is going to show up pregnant but I honestly don't think that's going to happen. Monica Raymund is on another show now. She might show up for another guest appearance but she's not coming back full time, which means a pregnancy storyline would have to be resolved in one or two episodes and then she'd leave again.

I think the closest involvement Monica Raymund will have with the show going forward is via the director's chair. She did direct an episode of SVU last season, and an FBI episode earlier this year. So she still has some pull in the Dick Wolf universe. Maybe they'll have Dawson show up again randomly once every few seasons and in the series finale, but I can't see her showing up as pregnant. Unless Jesse Spencer wants to leave the show and he winds up going out the way Karev did on Grey's.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Jesse Spencer had hair like that when he was on house. 😆

That was sad. Julie’s pregnancy had to be a high risk one at her age so shouldn’t she have been taking it easy?

Wonder if that was it for the season?

 

Nope they put on the bottom of the screen new Episodes of the Chicago shows on April 8th 

21 hours ago, preeya said:

Called it. Mother dies, Brett has half sister to raise. 

That's IF they kill off the father of the baby. They did say he was running late .....

Share this post


Link to post

My theory on the Louie2.0 Baby Drama.....Baby Daddy is so over come with grief that he can't possibly take care of the child so Gabby Sylvie steps in, Matt helps her start adoption process using his enormous circle of influence at DCP so that Gabby  Sylvie gets all excited, sets up home and then Baby Daddy comes back and re-claims Louie  the Baby  leaving Gabby Sylvie heartbroken.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Guildford said:

My theory on the Louie2.0 Baby Drama.....Baby Daddy is so over come with grief that he can't possibly take care of the child so Gabby Sylvie steps in, Matt helps her start adoption process using his enormous circle of influence at DCP so that Gabby  Sylvie gets all excited, sets up home and then Baby Daddy comes back and re-claims Louie  the Baby  leaving Gabby Sylvie heartbroken.

I agree with most of this ↑ in theory, but can't see a need for adoption as Sylvie is the baby's half sister. Also, no need for DCP to be involved.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, preeya said:

I agree with most of this ↑ in theory, but can't see a need for adoption as Sylvie is the baby's half sister. Also, no need for DCP to be involved.

😂True...but you know anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post

Was I supposed to feel something when Brett's mother died? Because I didn't.  There goes Severide being the best firefighter/crime stopper in all of Chicago. 🙄

Seeger's hair looked better this episode,  maybe she replaced her stylist. The girls on fire program is taking off. Hopefully the writers do it some justice. 

Edited by spunky

Share this post


Link to post

It looks better here. But I imagine they are trying to make her look professional - fire department personnel have pretty strict dress codes. Stella's hair is very unrealistic, for example - she would either have to have it cut above the collar or else kept wrapped up in a tight bun.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It looks better here. But I imagine they are trying to make her look professional - fire department personnel have pretty strict dress codes. Stella's hair is very unrealistic, for example - she would either have to have it cut above the collar or else kept wrapped up in a tight bun.

It does look better there. Even during this episode, it was more styled and less helmet-esque.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, minamurray78 said:

I still haven´t recovered from ER´s Love´s Labor Lost and that was over 20 years ago.

I hate this type of storylines. I would rather put up with Brett and her mum´s sugary convos than this outcome. 

That one of the handful of Tv episodes I’ll never get over. Right up there with Bobby Simone dying and that guy who was stuck in the subway on Homicide.

Oh, that “Time of your Life” Green Day song episode on ER too. The 4 episodes I’ll always remember.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:10 AM, WinJet0819 said:

Super Severide to the rescue again. Once again, he does the triple, as Squad lieutenant, arson investigator, and cop. Investigating drug overdoses and now helping solve a murder case. Why was Adam even there, since we all knew only Kelly was going to stop the murderer?

Why was there a need to kill off Julie? She was actually pretty good and generally wanted to in Sylvie's life. Sylvie was happy to get to know her birth mother. She was worried when the other shoe might drop, and it wound up dropping hard. And now the baby will wind up growing up without knowing it's mother. I hope they don't use the baby as a way to force Matt and Sylvie together.

I can’t stand the Severide the Wanna Be cop routine, it’s just obnoxious. They need an episode where his impersonating a police officer routine gets an innocent killed.

Edited by SG11

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty predictable that Julie was going to die.  Just wish that it was something more believable than preeclampsia and a placental abruption.  But wait - that patient on ER died when Mark Greene did an emergency c-section, so I suppose it happens.  Very exceedingly rare that it would.  She had no symptoms going into the hospital.  She was having some contractions, that's it.  Ah, but here's where we suspend disbelief.  

Now what happens?  Sylvie has a baby to take care of.  Who takes care of the baby when she is on shift?

Deja vu with Halstead indeed with ignoring a DNR order.  Gosh, why is this guy always think he knows best?  I'm not interested in this story because we've seen it already before.

If Crockett didn't do the surgery, wouldn't the guy have had the more traditional surgery?  So he likely was at risk of dying in any case.

Share this post


Link to post

If you walk into Chicago Med you are in danger of dying.

I remember when Nataloon ordered a hysterectomy to the deli takeout delivery guy.

Abandon hope all yee who enter here!

Edited by The Ringo Kidd

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/26/2020 at 12:41 PM, iMonrey said:

I think the more likely scenario is that Sylvie will want to be part of the baby's life, and Scott will refuse. We still haven't had any follow up since that one time he opened the door and lied to her. I think there is probably still hostility there.

I agree. And then we'll have to go through a period of Sylvie mourning the loss of her mother and being distraught over not getting to be in her half-sister's life, and of course Casey will swoop in with all the comfort he has to offer and then. . . LOVE.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/26/2020 at 9:28 AM, mxc90 said:

Casey has clean up/polished his yanking technique

Especially after Gabby left him.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size