Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: My Witches

• Start Topic

The unit travels to Salem Town for a celebration, but a disturbance throws the proceedings into chaos; Tally wonders if she made the right choice to embark on a military career; Abigail attempts to bury the hatchet with Raelle.

Promo 1:

Promo 2:

Original air date:3/25/20

Some good progress... I'm glad Raelle chilled a bit by the end when it came to Abigail... The spree girl is a character I'm gonna have to love to hate... Because i cant stand to see ppl get gaslighted... Tally is fun... 

• Love 1

Even though Tally can be a bit much (she's like an overexcited puppy), the thing I like the most about her is that she is the most honest, upfront, and transparent of the three main characters. So far, what you see is what you get with her. She is eager to serve and she isn't brooding or keeping secrets, unlike Raelle and Abigail.

I was glad to see a thaw between Raelle and Abigail this week. I am fine with them remaining frenemies but I need at least a tiny bit of the friend part of frenemies. I loved when Raelle saw Abigail leave the pageant and said the reason she followed her was just to annoy her.

Scylla is just straight up evil which makes it nice and easy to hate her, especially since she is totally playing Raelle. Will she become one of the typical villains who ends up having real feelings for her victim and then becomes conflicted about her mission?

• Love 4

Tally's now my favorite of the three and I think she deserves a better group.

I'm still so curious about how Adler is immortal. Is it because she's childless? They keep dropping little things in the background about their world and I want to know more. The map of the US is one of those things. What's up with the fosterlings at the fort that it seems Quartermaine was one of? They have men taking care of them so I guess maybe that's the only role men get to play here (fine with that!). How did Adler go from attacking the mob who killed her sister to signing the accords?? And most importantly, what's up with the old lady squad that follows her everywhere?

With the different roles mothers play on the show (Abigail's mother is a source of constant pressure to the best, Tally's is a source of pressure to leave) I wonder if we're being set up for a twist that Raelle's mother isn't dead and she's part of the Spree.

Have to admit, I didn't call the Necro witch who was on guard duty with Raelle to just be Scylla in another disguise.

• Useful 1

For being witches, the girls seem to have no idea what witches can do. I can understand why I have no idea what a Necro Witch is, but what is their excuse? Abigail was terrified by a healing spell, did her mom just "kiss it" when she had a "boo-boo"?

Stupid thought, but what if all those old hags that follow General Sarah Alder are witches that gave their lifeforce to keep her young.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

For being witches, the girls seem to have no idea what witches can do. I can understand why I have no idea what a Necro Witch is, but what is their excuse? Abigail was terrified by a healing spell, did her mom just "kiss it" when she had a "boo-boo"?

Stupid thought, but what if all those old hags that follow General Sarah Alder are witches that gave their lifeforce to keep her young.

Abigail called Raelle's healing spell something like country shit... I'm guessing she wasn't sure as its not the refined magic she's used to being upper crust... Also she doesn't really.. Or didn't really trust Raelle at the time( well within her rights btw)  as for not knowing much about necro... The spree girl probably wasn't lying calling it the stepchild of witchcraft.. Its prob kept under wraps for the most part all the gory details at least... 

• Love 1

Have the writers ever done a speck of research into the military?

The dorms are insanely nice for new recruits. 

The discipline is incredibly shoddy and it seems more like Hogwarts than anything resembling a real life army. 

The uniforms make no sense. No inspection. No basic training to create group cohesion. 

I want to love this world, but it's so poorly thought out. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Not stupid at all, sounds possible to me. I've been wondering who they are.

• Love 1