Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Robyn vs. Kody

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Kody and family bought the Coyote Pass lots F, G, H, and J.  They paid $170,000 to $180,000 for each lot.  Currently lots A, B, C and D right next to them are for sale for $235,000, $225,000, $235,000 and $230,000.  I would guess Kody is expecting he's made around $50,000 appreciation on each lot.  

Of course Kootie wouldn't consider that if he sold them now, the realtor, lawyer, interest on the mortgages, etc. would eat up that $50,000 and more.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Of course Kootie wouldn't consider that if he sold them now, the realtor, lawyer, interest on the mortgages, etc. would eat up that $50,000 and more.

And it’s all assuming someone will actually buy them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She may not have a choice. If god "tells" her husband to a look for #2, will she have a say in the matter? 

Deferring to @Kyanight for an answer.

I remember a discussion before they were married about if they would consider plural.  Racking my brain trying to remember their answer!

Seems she said no and he didn't commit.  Just smiled!

Anybody remember that conversation?

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I remember a discussion before they were married about if they would consider plural.  Racking my brain trying to remember their answer!

That is what I recall too, with Aspyn looking embarrassed that he did not say "no".

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

I looked them up on Zillow and to me they seem like better properties than the dribs and drabs the Browns purchased. there are already underground utility conduits for one thing...and a gate!  Minus: close to the Browns. Though they'll never, ever build anyway so it's a moot point.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Mitch said it would be up to Aspyn.  He stated he was open to the idea, but another potential person would have to approach Aspyn.  She was hard to read with the giggling that she does.  Mitch said that he couldn't see himself "actively seeking another woman".

According to Christine's story it was Aspyn that pursued Mitch in the first place.  She always had a crush on him and then called him out of the blue after they met again at the Polygamist march and after that they were a couple.

This was a time that I actually agreed with Kody with the fact that this needs to be discussed with a very clear decision made BEFORE the marriage.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

This was a time that I actually agreed with Kody with the fact that this needs to be discussed with a very clear decision made BEFORE the marriage.

A thousand likes!!

Oh and I want to add - Mitch is NOT having a CLEAR discussion concerning this issue with Aspyn!  He totally left it up in the air as to "possibly".  And I also totally believe that Mitch was just saying those words about leaving it up to Aspyn so that he wouldn't look bad to the viewing audience.  But unless he is involved in church or community with polygamists, I doubt he would find a woman willing to go along with it.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Mitch said it would be up to Aspyn.  He stated he was open to the idea, but another potential person would have to approach Aspyn.  She was hard to read with the giggling that she does.  Mitch said that he couldn't see himself "actively seeking another woman".

According to Christine's story it was Aspyn that pursued Mitch in the first place.  She always had a crush on him and then called him out of the blue after they met again at the Polygamist march and after that they were a couple.

Yes I think she’s doomed for polygamy. If it’s even out there for discussion she will go all in.

@LibertarianSlut made one of the best posts I can recall reading all time  but like her it drove home the lack of work experience. 

Has Kody ever had a real job?  His “big ask” and I think at the end yelled “you can call me at midnight” was one of the most awkward things I’ve seen on this show. And think of the shit shows we’ve seen with this crew.  I think that call was real  

I live with one person and a dog but I’ve been praying for about 2 months He will give us a 15 bedroom. Why is life so unfair?  (Insert you’ve lost all your looks in 10 years and furrowed  brow and odd larger chin here)?

• Love 10

I think Aspyn can do better than Mitch. No offense to Aspyn lol. When he was on the wedding episode like a season ago he didn’t seem like a very “sweet guy” to me. He’s not patient enough with her,I even remember him rolling his eyes at one point when she was talking. He just seems easily agitated lol. Maybe he’s like Kody

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I finished watching the episode. Kody is an ass, but Robyn is ridiculous and unhinged. The crying and the hysteria and the praying for a ridiculous oversized rental when there are plenty of other options available was just over the top. They are not about to be homeless, so they don't need to invoke God in this. Worse case scenario, they bunk with one of the the other wives, or get an AirBnB, or give in and "settle" for a 4 bedroom rental. The way Robyn was carrying on, you would think they were about to be in a tent on the street. She is worse than Meri, who appears to throw a hysterical fit of her own next week. Both of them desperately want attention. 

And none of them appear to be able to handle finances or do math. Renting a 7 bedroom house is likely to be as much a financial strain as buying it. Either way, you are taking money away from building a new house. That's why so many people who are building bunk with relatives or friends after selling their own house and while waiting for the new one. These idiots could have sold 3 Las Vegas homes and lived in one while the Flagstaff homes were being built. Janelle apparently only has 2 kids left at home. They could have made it work.

• Love 21

Bottom line is, they didn’t have to flee Las Vegas like their hair was on fire. Their lack of planning is mind-boggling. Maybe they always think God is their real estate agent and is going to magically make sure everything works out. I guess they never heard “God helps those who help themselves.” 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I live with one person and a dog but I’ve been praying for about 2 months He will give us a 15 bedroom. Why is life so unfair?  (Insert you’ve lost all your looks in 10 years and furrowed  brow and odd larger chin here)?

God grants you a 15 bedroom home but the other bedrooms are filled with your worst relatives who don't clean, don't follow general house rules, and don't clean up after their pets. They also expect you to cook and pay for the groceries. 

Oh, and they also don't pay any utilities or rent, and you have to evict them legally only to have them refuse to go or trash the house when they do leave. Maybe God is looking out for you. Garth Brooks' Unanswered Prayers starts playing.

I seriously purchased a home that only had three bedrooms for this reason. One for me, one for my son, and one for my mother, who needed the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and laundry on the same floor. I knew my sister would make herself at home and it would be a huge thing to get her out. As it is, she will sometimes crash in my living room because my mom opens the door for her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'd think, IF they had backed out of the house deal and the seller had given them back their earnest money and then had watched this episode and heard Robyn & Koduche talking about screwing him out of the money, that he'd have a pretty good lawsuit against them.  Didn't happen, so it doesn't make any difference, but I can dream, can't I?  Lol

I don't think so - it's not illegal. The whole point of "earnest money" is to give the seller an assurance that a buyer will not back out but for the buyer, earnest money keeps the seller from accepting a higher offer that might be made after their offer has been accepted. I believe the wording is such that a potential buyer can back out for any reason; something could turn up on inspection they don't like or their circumstances could change before closing that makes the purchase untenable. 

It's not a particularly nice or honest thing to do, to put in an offer, pay the earnest money and know all along that you intend to back out, but I don't think it's illegal. I would also think that your realtor would not want to work with you knowing that it's your intention as the realtor doesn't want to be associated with that sort of dishonesty.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think so - it's not illegal. The whole point of "earnest money" is to give the seller an assurance that a buyer will not back out but for the buyer, earnest money keeps the seller from accepting a higher offer that might be made after their offer has been accepted. I believe the wording is such that a potential buyer can back out for any reason; something could turn up on inspection they don't like or their circumstances could change before closing that makes the purchase untenable. 

It's not a particularly nice or honest thing to do, to put in an offer, pay the earnest money and know all along that you intend to back out, but I don't think it's illegal. I would also think that your realtor would not want to work with you knowing that it's your intention as the realtor doesn't want to be associated with that sort of dishonesty.

The buyer can back out only if conditions are written into the offer that fail to be met.  If the seller for instance accepts an offer conditional on obtaining financing or that the house passes an inspection and the purchaser fails to get financing or the house does not pass inspection, then the purchaser's deposit/earnest money is returned to them.

If the offer was presented as a firm offer, with no conditions written in, once signed by both parties, it forms a legally binding contract and the party backing out could be sued for Specific Performance.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The buyer can back out only if conditions are written into the offer that fail to be met.  If the seller for instance accepts an offer conditional on obtaining financing or that the house passes an inspection and the purchaser fails to get financing or the house does not pass inspection, then the purchaser's deposit/earnest money is returned to them.

If the offer was presented as a firm offer, with no conditions written in, once signed by both parties, it forms a legally binding contract and the party backing out could be sued for Specific Performance.

Kootie and Robyn plotting to do that, even if it's a phony storyline, just verifies to me that they are indeed scammers and grifters.  They suck (not news to most of us here, IMO.)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie and Robyn plotting to do that, even if it's a phony storyline, just verifies to me that they are indeed scammers and grifters.

What is so stupid is saying that on TV where all the world can hear.  Who would trust them after hearing that?  If I were a potential seller I'd sure ignore any offer from them.

• Love 12
On 3/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, Absolom said:

Top three cable shows Sunday were Walking Dead, 90 Day Fiance, and a Fox Report.

The Walking Dead and Sister Wives are in direct competition. Sunday night shows about dysfunctional idiots with an apocalypse complex, constantly being forced to flee their latest homes due to their own stupid actions. But I can understand how people would rather watch Danai Gurira do that, than Moonface Brown and the Roly Poly Lesser Wives. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Squishy Tomato said:

Please can you not post spoilers? Not all of us want to know these things....

I definitely understand your point regarding spoilers...except.....

How can that be a spoiler at this point in time?  You wrote your post 3 hours ago - Evie was born on the last episode of the show days ago.   Even then... she was pregnant on the show and every baby has to be born at some point.  Reality TV isn't filmed in real time.  By the time you read this post and responded, the episode had aired and everyone had been discussing the birth for quite some time.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Squishy Tomato said:

Please can you not post spoilers? Not all of us want to know these things....

I'm assuming that you are being facetious, right?  These folks are all over the internet and in magazines and tabloids.  The episode already aired last week.  So hardly a spoiler.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
On 4/16/2020 at 7:12 AM, Kohola3 said:

I'm assuming that you are being facetious, right?  These folks are all over the internet and in magazines and tabloids.  The episode already aired last week.  So hardly a spoiler.

This thread is for discussing this particular episode, so, yes, posting anything that happened after the events of this episode is in fact a spoiler.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SDVegas said:

This thread is for discussing this particular episode, so, yes, posting anything that happened after the events of this episode is in fact a spoiler.

::::::Takes a ruler and slaps Suomi's knuckles fifty times:::::::::

OK.  It's all good folks.  Nothing to see here.  Go back to your regularly scheduled programming.  Move along!  It's all good!  We're all ok!  Put a mask on and stay safe out there!

• LOL 13

I find it hard to watch this show because I just want to scream at the TV, "100% of your problems are of your own making!!!!"  And I'm not talking about their polygamous lifestyle.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am curious as to why the rush on the loan and what it is being used for. I assume just living expenses ? If they are not filming then there is no paycheck coming in. What will happen when the show gets cancelled ? 

Kody gets a job delivering pizzas for Pizza Hut to Support Robyn and her kids.  The rest of the wives are on their own.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am curious as to why the rush on the loan and what it is being used for. I assume just living expenses ? If they are not filming then there is no paycheck coming in. What will happen when the show gets cancelled ? 

I have wondered if that might be Meri's share of the equity in the land at Prairie Dog Pond.  It just may be to pay Meri out so she is financially compensated and is free to leave if that's her plan???

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

The home loan? I assume it's to put a downpayment on the house and start making mortgage payments on Robyn's new house. Until then they are paying rent on the house they are buying and their earnest money is tied up. And I'm guessing they have a time limit to get financing set up or they will lose their earnest money and get kicked out of the house so the buyers can put it back on the market.

If the show ends and they don't have the income to keep up the payments, they will go into foreclosure. If they can somehow make the payments without the income from the show, they keep the house. But even with show income, I can't figure out how they manage all their financial obligations.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

The home loan? I assume it's to put a downpayment on the house and start making mortgage payments on Robyn's new house. Until then they are paying rent on the house they are buying and their earnest money is tied up. And I'm guessing they have a time limit to get financing set up or they will lose their earnest money and get kicked out of the house so the buyers can put it back on the market.

If the show ends and they don't have the income to keep up the payments, they will go into foreclosure. If they can somehow make the payments without the income from the show, they keep the house. But even with show income, I can't figure out how they manage all their financial obligations.

Actually the loan they took out was from the equity in the house they brought Robyn last year because God didnt provide her a rental. It was the what 890K home plus a lot next door so they have over 1M in just that house and property, that has to be a steep mortgage alone, not including Christine's home which I believe was about 570K and Janelles 4K rental  - easily in home rental/mortgages are close to 15K a month

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Actually the loan they took out was from the equity in the house they brought Robyn last year because God didnt provide her a rental. It was the what 890K home plus a lot next door so they have over 1M in just that house and property, that has to be a steep mortgage alone, not including Christine's home which I believe was about 570K and Janelles 4K rental  - easily in home rental/mortgages are close to 15K a month

And what about Meri's house?  Maybe she is paying the mortgage herself from her Lularoe sales, but she also has the B&B mortgage and expenses to take care of. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Kody gets a job delivering pizzas for Pizza Hut to Support Robyn and her kids.  The rest of the wives are on their own.

They all become Uber drivers!! That would make the show almost worth viewing.

1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

And what about Meri's house?  Maybe she is paying the mortgage herself from her Lularoe sales, but she also has the B&B mortgage and expenses to take care of. 

I think Meri is renting the Flag house?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think Janelle would make a wonderful Grubhub driver

Oh please!  You must be joking!  She'd eat half of the food before she could get it delivered.

Customer:  "Hey!  Why is my steak so small?  And... Wait!!  Is that BITE marks in the meat?"

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Oh please!  You must be joking!  She'd eat half of the food before she could get it delivered.

Customer:  "Hey!  Why is my steak so small?  And... Wait!!  Is that BITE marks in the meat?"

Nah, that's just the way we TENDERIZE our meat here...plus, shrinkage. 

• LOL 7
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Nah, that's just the way we TENDERIZE our meat here...plus, shrinkage. 

Well sure.  That's what MANAGEMENT will say.... while Janelle gets larger and larger in her strive posts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think Meri is renting the Flag house?

Their cars would always be breaking down since they don't maintain them properly and their Uber ratings would plummet.

Yes, Meri is renting for now.

• Love 5
On 5/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Doesn't Uber check that drivers have that pesky car insurance before they hire them?

Browns have had a history of not bothering with it.

• Love 7

I don't know how much the average Uber driver makes, but it would take a heck of a lot of deliveries to make the mortgage/rent payments on their houses.  I hate to think what the monthly utilities might cost on Kootie and Robyn's love nest, not to mention insurance, property taxes, etc.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I don't know how much the average Uber driver makes, but it would take a heck of a lot of deliveries to make the mortgage/rent payments on their houses.  I hate to think what the monthly utilities might cost on Kootie and Robyn's love nest, not to mention insurance, property taxes, etc.  

Well that isn't their style, anyway.  They will find something to hawk to their fans, or else start up a GoFund account so that people can donate.

• Love 5
On 5/13/2020 at 2:31 PM, AZChristian said:

Doesn't Uber check that drivers have that pesky car insurance before they hire them?

Browns have had a history of not bothering with it.

Yes.  Uber also provides supplemental coverage when the app is on.

• Useful 2
On 3/26/2020 at 6:38 AM, Cherry Cola said:

Right!! I hate the repetition.  I get bored.  I think Robyn is a broken record. 

I didnt think I could dislike her more... until this season. 

• Love 3