Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Robyn vs. Kody

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, crimson23 said:

She does have a few acting credits Pre-Brown, on IMDB. 

Not her.  That's come up before but it's a different woman.

Not that she doesn't have her dry crying down pat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

UPDATE:  I think it's called "House in a Hurry."

Ugh. Sounds like another scripted TLC show. I’ll pass. 
On a positive note, I have not seen any pimple-popping or nasty feet commercials lately. 

Edited by Phoebe70
Forgot a word
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

I will let Janelle slide on her comment that she wished she was a better mom. My 3 children are all teens, still at home, and there are things I wish I had done differently when they were little. 

I think that is true as we get older.  I never had kids but I do look back and wish, sometimes, I had done things differently.

• Love 17

I hope they end up in tents on Coyote Poop Pass. 

In winter.  Or perhaps a monsoon.

I would love to know how they -- as a group -- decide how to use the "family" money.  Or does Kody make all the financial decisions.  I doubt their five brains combined understand the basics of finance.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Exactly. Who buys land without checking zoning and power and water and sewage? And I'm thinking, just like you, that they should have been putting their time and money into getting those essentials done. If they all weren't so goddamned entitled and selfish and really wanted to be together they could have plunked down some double wides till they could afford to build.

And btw Robin, you miserable bitch, your God has a lot more important things to do than finding you a 6 bedroom rental. You are beyond insufferable. Jeez. You are the reason your girls are such a mess.

I am totally with you...I see the real Robyn, and she is awful.. manipulative, entitled, self righteous, damning...I was hoping their real estate agent could be # 5, and go right to the top

• Love 19
22 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Who would’ve thought I’d be agreeing with KODY??? Sheesh....

From my viewpoint, Robyn is soooooo used to getting any and everything she wants when she wants it, HOW she wants it, even if it meant destroying the lives of 10-plus kids, costing the family multiple millions of unnecessary dollars, that she just cannot fathom not getting her way in this too. She just will. Not. Let. This. Go! 

Damn show....making me feel pity for KODY. KODY! 

right with you on this one

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WaterSpirit said:

I am totally with you...I see the real Robyn, and she is awful.. manipulative, entitled, self righteous, damning...I was hoping their real estate agent could be # 5, and go right to the top

Isn't she the same woman who showed Kodouche and each of his 4 wives all the properties and master bedrooms in several houses before they settled on the properties in Coyote Pass?  After all she has seen & heard, I suspect she would run for the hills if Kootie asked her to be #5.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, WaterSpirit said:

Wouldn't that be just the thing to pump some real drama into this mess lol. I've been hoping for that for years. 

• Love 6

My husband hadn't seen an episode in 5 years or so. Walked into the room the other night and  said, "Last time I saw this all the wives were fighting and they were trying to find a new house..." 

It's like the comics in the Sunday paper or an episode of All My Children. Back when I was 12 the cast celebrated their 4th of July picnic for 5 months. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Twopper said:

well, at least this time they would just be changing schools in the same town as opposed to up and leaving one city to go to another city in a different state;  they could still keep up with their new friends although it wouldn't be quite as easy as being in the same school building.   Surely at least one of those Robyn girls can drive.

well, the phone call needs to be made by Kody for the show;  maybe the person on the other end was a guy from production.

you mean that phone call might have been staged?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Is anyone else muting the "callhercallhercallhercallher" commercials for another TLC show?

If I don't have the show on my dvr where I can ff through the commercials, I mute every single one. They are obnoxiously loud and repetitive and plentiful. My kids started doing it too. We all hate them so much, which is funny because that's what I do for a living. Lol

• LOL 6
19 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

so the Coyote Pass property is on a flood plain huh? That explains why a developer didn't jump on purchasing. The seller of the property is probably still giggling as Kody paid cash.  I'm sure he didn't do an appraisal. 

Good luck selling THAT white elephant. Maybe a rancher would be interested.  Another shitty real estate purchase by Kody & Ko.

I'm curious about Kody not doing an appraisal on a flood plain. Would a bank approve for a mortgage without an appraisal? Would it approve builds mortgages without appraisals? If he builds and wants to sell, would banks approve mortgages to the potential buyers if the houses kody is selling are built in a flood zone? Flood insurance is expensive, would that be the prerequisite to buying one of kodys houses? Sounds like he flushed 800 k down the toilet if he payed cash. Or, maybe he builds the houses elevated, on pylons, like they do down the shore.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

right?! no wonder her kids are a mess. they learn it from their mother.  even the middle girl started FREAKING out when Kody made that comment about switching schools.

nah i think that was a 4 bedroom. and if a 4 bedroom was ok to look at for sale, then why wasn't it ok to look at for rental? the last one was the 7 bedroom i think.

but WHY was he the one calling the guy??? unless it was for sale by owner?  otherwise if i were the seller i'd be pissed that the potential buyer was calling me up. The realtor should be doing all of that. 

Because the agent probably doesn't get a broker fee for renting the house out, only a commission for a sale. She probably told Kody to call and negotiate it himself since she wouldn't make any money on that kind of a deal. I'm sure Kody wouldn't pay her a broker fee. I'm soft-listing my house now with an agent and we're not negotiating her commission on anything but selling. If a potential buyer decides he wants to rent, and I decide to agree, I wouldn't pay the agent anything. 

The selling agent gets paid by the seller, the renting agent gets paid by the renter. Kody making the call directly cuts out the agent on any deal.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I'm curious about Kody not doing an appraisal on a flood plain. Would a bank approve for a mortgage without an appraisal? Would it approve builds mortgages without appraisals? If he builds and wants to sell, would banks approve mortgages to the potential buyers if the houses kody is selling are built in a flood zone? Flood insurance is expensive, would that be the prerequisite to buying one of kodys houses? Sounds like he flushed 800 k down the toilet if he payed cash. Or, maybe he builds the houses elevated, on pylons, like they do down the shore.

Its interesting to me and once again these clowns didn't do their research. Between the cost of utilities being run out there, now they probably would have to carry some type of flood insurance on their homes if they ever get built. I wonder about that other lot they were looking into, but because Sobyn wanted the plague pass, she got it.

Next week we see Meri lose her shit, too bad it wasn't that crap she sells. However, I hate her even more, while the fires were really bad there, she was toting a "fire sale" to get rid of some inventory online. Just shows how selfish this family is 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
rilly cant spell I fixed it so it aint a big dill
  • Love 9

I’m not sure how Janelle can watch Kody and Robyn get all upset and declare the “girls are not switching schools” when Gabe was forced to do so at the same age. It’s across town, not out of state. I’m not familiar with how the high schools work other than knowing that there are kids from all parts of Flagstaff that go to each one. 🤷‍♀️ 

“Craig” sounded like he considered Kody’s request for about 5 seconds. If it wasn’t a set up call, I’m surprised he agreed to have it recorded.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, New2this said:

“Craig” sounded like he considered Kody’s request for about 5 seconds. If it wasn’t a set up call, I’m surprised he agreed to have it recorded.

Probably a production assistant named Curtis.  Kody forgot he was playing the role of "Craig" for the phone call.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, geej said:

you mean that phone call might have been staged?

yep, maybe I should have put a "sarc" tag;  Probably explains messing up the name.  

12 hours ago, Soobs said:

Don't even get me started on how she wants to engage in shady legal doings by buying a house and then backing out. I hope no one ever sells or rents to them again. She's really despicable and I've been on the fence regarding her for most of this show.

Well, they do seem to be a bunch of grifters....

27 minutes ago, New2this said:

I’m not sure how Janelle can watch Kody and Robyn get all upset and declare the “girls are not switching schools” when Gabe was forced to do so at the same age.

She doesn't have the energy for that.  She didn't have the energy to fight for Gabe so she isn't going to care about Robyn's kids.  She has to save her energy to post on her "strife" page about all her new discoveries

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, New2this said:

I’m not sure how Janelle can watch Kody and Robyn get all upset and declare the “girls are not switching schools” when Gabe was forced to do so at the same age. It’s across town, not out of state. I’m not familiar with how the high schools work other than knowing that there are kids from all parts of Flagstaff that go to each one. 🤷‍♀️ 

I don't think that 7 bedroom house was just across town.  The one thing I have noticed about all the scenery in Flagstaff is how it all seems to be one variety of tree is the majority (pray they don't get a blight like our local spruce trees here in PA).  When they were standing outside of the 7 bedroom I noticed that the trees were very different from all the others and Kody said "this house is out of the area".  I don't think that house was anywhere NEAR Flagstaff. It was just a big house and adding to their storyline IMO.

If was truly a rilly rilly bigest dill...then Robyn would pass over the guardianship of her children to one of the mums so that her daughters could legally stay within the school district.  But Robyn is connected with that umbilical chain to her kids as much as they are connected to her. It is making sense why Robyn left social media and the "closet" last year, she seems to have become quite unstable.

• Love 5
On 3/23/2020 at 5:46 AM, SuzWhat said:

Nothing closes my vag faster than Kody’s beady-eyed, dramatic talking head close ups. How in the world has he convinced multiple women to procreate with him?  Tonight’s were exceptionally dramatic and beady-eyed. Years ago someone said he looked like a shark and that is still spot on. 

I thought it was thunder, but I think I heard it slam shut! 😄 you are hilarious !!

So, I am a Christian and pray for guidance all the time. I think Robyn is being stubborn and selfish not listening that the message is to buy as Kody is saying.  Why doesn't she have to bend to anyone's opinions? That seems so ridiculous.  We don't always get what we pray for, or it ,the answer can be completely different than what we think it should be.  She sounds stupid and selfish. 

That was boring. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Why do they need so many rooms? Aren’t Little Salamander and Aerosol Can still sleeping with Robyn? They only need 3 rooms.  Day’un gets one that LS can wander into occasionally.  The two older girls get one that AC can move into when she’s 35.  Robyn gets one, and Kody just falls asleep in the bathroom halfway through putting his curlers in at night.

LOLOLOLOL! Salamander! Aerosol! 😂

• LOL 20
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

This is a delayed reaction from a few episodes ago, but the show's moving at the speed of molasses, so why not me too?

So Kody looks at a hole in the ground that doesn't retain water, and instead of realizing IT'S NOT A POND IT'S A FUCKING DITCH THAT SOMETIMES RUNOFF RUNS INTO, he decides that it's just one of those special ponds that needs to "be lined" to hold water.  

This fucking guy.

Only Kody and Krew would have the audacity to think that they could interfere with an environmental retention pond to suit their ill-conceived idea of a water feature.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

OK OK...so they put down $900,000 on a house for Kody and Rob and they couldn't do anything on the land with that money?!?!  Nothing they do makes sense.  I'm so confused by them.  Where do they get this money?! Does TLC pay that much?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The Browns' continuing ability to throw around huge amounts of money (and get loans for more) is one of the great unsolved mysteries of the universe. 

It is also why the fambly has skipped town/state in the middle of the night numerous times. 

Robyn fails to understand that a 6 or 7 bedroom house costs more to rent than a 4-bedroom and would delay their ability to build at Coyote Pass, the same argument she makes against buying.  Short term pain (4-bedroom) for long-term gain makes more sense.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ratings are in:  2.399 M viewers and a .54 rating.  Ninth cable show of the day.

Interesting. Maybe getting the slot between 90 Day Fiance and Pillow Talk is paying off. This show is so repetitive and senseless, I can't imagine it flying on its own. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

I could write a whole other post on how Robyn contributes and encourages the anxiety in her children.

Please continue.....One word kept coming to me while reading your very right on post.  Greed.  Robyn is not talking to the same God I believe in.  This entire family is not about God anymore.  They pray to the gods of greed and selfishness.  That's just my opinion.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Probably a production assistant named Curtis.  Kody forgot he was playing the role of "Craig" for the phone call.

And wasnt Curtis the name of Kody's late brother  ?  You would think he could remember the name.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

They pray to the gods of greed and selfishness. 

The Holy Church of the Almighty TLC Dollar.  Has been that way for quite a while. 

Just like the politician today that said that elders should "sacrifice themselves for the good of the economy" by exposing themselves to the disease.  Money reigns, people are dispensable.

This old broad is not jumping onto her ice floe to drift away anytime soon.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Just like the politician today that said that elders should "sacrifice themselves for the good of the economy" by exposing themselves to the disease.  Money reigns, people are dispensable.

This old broad is not jumping onto her ice floe to drift away anytime soon.

I concur!!  I especially don't want to die from THIS virus!

If everyone goes out and about as in business as usual - it won't just BE the old folks dying, anyway.  He's an idiot!  20% of the people hospitalized are the younger folks and the first child died today.   This politician thinks all of us older people should fall on the sword.

• Love 12
On 3/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, laurakaye said:

Out of the many fantastic points you made, the one that stood out to me was Kody bending down to Ariabellobla and saying, "okay, sweetie.  We are just going to look at this house.  See this nice house?  We are just going to look at it.  Will you look at it with me?"  Now I don't speak fluent Kodork, but I think what was going on here was that while he might've been looking at Ari, he was talking to Robyn, using Ari as a lil' human shield against her mother's wrath.  

Because he was using them.  I think he even said out loud that he wanted the kids to come along because if they liked one of the houses, then it would sway Robyn to BUY said house rather than RENT.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:41 PM, sheshark said:

What a horrible man, husband and father.  

i am just so struck by his awfulness as a father.  His complete and total inability to properly relate to Truely last week, and his abhorrent using of his kids as pawns against one of his wives, is just so disgusting...and if this is what he does to the favorite wife with a favorite child when the cameras are on, I cannot fathom what he does the rest of the time to the rest of the wives and kids when the cameras are off.

3 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Robyn: "I don't know how God could not just provide a rental."

I have watched every single episode, and I can honestly say that this is the vilest thing that I have ever heard on the show...and that includes every mean-spirited comment from Meri and every self-absorbed comment from Kody. 

On 3/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, laurakaye said:

As vile and evil as Robyn is, I actually think that Kody is rising to the challenge and may just topple the Dark Queen at her own game.  

Never in a million years will Kody topple the Dark Queen, regardless of what small battles he may end up winning through fate or serendipity.  

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Onceafan said:

I am in now way surprised by seeing the anxiety exhibited by her two eldest daughters. I could write a whole other post on how Robyn contributes and encourages the anxiety in her children.

The teen daughters & King Sol seem disturbed by Robyn's drama, but Day'un seems to think Robyn, Kody and his sisters are loons and ignores or jokes about them whenever we see him this season. He probably now understands why the older Brown kids got out as soon as they were able.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The teen daughters & King Sol seem disturbed by Robyn's drama, but Day'un seems to think Robyn, Kody and his sisters are loons and ignores or jokes about them whenever we see him this season. He probably now understands why the older Brown kids got out as soon as they were able.

Yeah, but Dayton has Aspergers and doesn't always catch all of the nuances, I'm sure. (My own son doesn't.)  Not to mention the fact that Robyn has ensured that he is very dependent on her, so isn't likely to EVER move out of her home.  Which explains why he has to have a massive sized bedroom in her house.

• Love 8

Not only did we have to hear Kody and Robyn endlessly repeat themselves about having to move and buying vs. renting, but we also had to listen to Christine and Aspyn and Jenelle and Maddy discuss it during their visits.  Fun.  Do the editors think we can't retain anything?  I fell asleep twice.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes!  I have been weirdly obsessed all season with staring at her, trying to put my finger on what exactly it is about her hair that is so awful on her.  

This presumes that you believe her premise -- that she doesn't want to buy because it will have a detrimental effect on the family's future ability to be together -- and that she was unselfishly putting the needs of the family first by wanting a rental so as not to tie up the money.  I think I am not alone here in not buying that for a second.  I think she wanted a big ol' house all along, all to herself, and used her Machiavellian stealth to get exactly what she wanted while making it look like she was 'sacrificing' in reluctantly acquiescing to live in an almost $1M home. 

This is it!!!  100%

• Love 6
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

IRobyn fails to understand that a 6 or 7 bedroom house costs more to rent than a 4-bedroom and would delay their ability to build at Coyote Pass, the same argument she makes against buying.  Short term pain (4-bedroom) for long-term gain makes more sense.  

They also neglect to realize all that money they have been wasting on rent.  Weren't they paying about 10K a month between Meri's and Robyns high priced rentals? its insane

• Love 6
9 hours ago, zenme said:

Why couldn’t they continue to live in Vegas while building on Coyote Pass?

In my opinion (as I've stated before) they never intended to build on that property. It was purchased purely as a (poor) investment and a plot device for the show. Look, it's been over two years - did they buy it in 2017 or '18? And nothing has happened. Not so much as a permit or proposal filed. That's public record I think, so someone would've caught it. 

They would've been better off buying some fixer-upper houses and redoing them. I think the Duggars and the Gosselins were able to eke 1-2 seasons out of that. With the Brown's horrible taste, it would've been a shit show of magnanimous proportions. Instead they're stuck with this property that will probably take years to unload.

• Love 8