Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Robyn vs. Kody

• Start Topic

I can't get over how hard Robyn hit the wall! Being a sister wife does NOT agree with her looks-wise. She looks like she's aged 30 years! And she has no idea about flattering clothes or colors...(I did notice her wearing an expensive Tag Heuer though...that watch is over 1k, even if she bought it used--it's called "Alter Ego" in case anyone cares to google)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11

I couldn't understand why they couldn't find a rental until Sobbin announced that their rental must 5 bedrooms. House with more than 4 bedrooms are rare, but 5 and a rental to boot are almost non existent.  I am one of 6 children and we always had 4 bedroom homes growing up. We shared rooms. Why does Sobbin think that her children all need their own rooms ?

The financial decisions the clan makes are stunningly bad. From buying the mcmansions on the cul-de-sac, to an ill thought out move and purchase of property that has no services and is in a flood plain. I love how kody fashions himself a real estate entrepreneur. Does he really think a 7 bedroom rental will be a great investment? Good luck finding tenants. Does anyone have an actual job? Other than grifting offTLC?

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Who would’ve thought I’d be agreeing with KODY??? Sheesh....

From my viewpoint, Robyn is soooooo used to getting any and everything she wants when she wants it, HOW she wants it, even if it meant destroying the lives of 10-plus kids, costing the family multiple millions of unnecessary dollars, that she just cannot fathom not getting her way in this too. She just will. Not. Let. This. Go! 

Damn show....making me feel pity for KODY. KODY! 

Robyn does all this while playing martyr.  "For the good of my family." Poor poor me and the sacrifices I am making.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Christine gets more conceited and dramatic with every passing minute. She is really, really impressed with her thoughts (cough) and the sound of her own voice and how she looks on camera. 

she shouldn't be so impressed with her appearance given the horrendous RED/brown eye shadow she's wearing.  Awful.   

I'll bet Apsyn ends up a polygamyst.  

Best way to watch this show....the next day with FF.  Miss the live snark though. 

• Love 13

Regarding Robyn's tweets about needing enough bedrooms to accommodate her college kids, did anyone ask her why her girls can't share a bedroom or why her two youngest can't share a bedroom? Just asking because I don't tweet and I was wondering if people are allowed to respond to her tweets. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kody was saying the house was in a different school district.  Why did he take Robyn there if it was, and he had no intention of moving her kids’ school district (I find it really disturbing that she keeps referring to their kids as her kids when she’s around Kody)?  Only upon Robyn digging her feet in, did Kody start talking about getting “a variance” from the school.

Wait, isn't Flagstaff a "school of choice" city?  I believe they can go to any school they want.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Wait, isn't Flagstaff a "school of choice" city?  I believe they can go to any school they want.

I would hope they would have checked that out before seeing the house. In my district you have to have a damn good reason to request an exception. 

I dont understand why they are taking the kids anyway to house hunt. Whenever we have moved , my husband and I always went alone and didnt take the kids until we were serious about a house. Kids are very emotional and one little thing can influence and plus I didnt feel comfortable having my kids parading through others nice homes touching everything. Did you notice the little ones running around and sitting on the furniture? That's a big no no in my book. 

• Love 24

Let’s see, I have gone back to school full time, I’m married, and my boy/girl twins share a room. I guess when I study at school, I am doing it wrong. Should I kick the husband to the couch?

Aurora would have the room to herself while Breanna is in school. King Sol is in school, and Ari would have the house to herself.

With this show there has always been an is she or isn’t she in regards to Robyn’s being a stealth bitch. Then, for the last year or more, Robyn has been quiet on SM trying to curate/rehab her image. I am LOVING that she has blown all of that up to pieces. Now everyone hates Robyn.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

These sister wives are so financially illiterate that they're still amateur in their own game.  In fact, Robyn and Christine have regressed to preschool tantrums and arguments to abort any semi-intelligent (for the Browns) conversation.  That's where 9-year old Truely gets it from.  (She's still annoying from last week.)

I doubt that Christine has any equity in her house.  But, if so, Kody should force Christine to refinance for the down payment on Robyn's house.  He could probably easily manipulate her, because she's even more desperate for his attention and approval.  In her talking head, she says that she can barely speak about his freeze-out for her protesting against his one-house idea.  (Keep-Sweet, Prepping-for-Polygamy Aspyn even points out her own digs at Christine.  But, Kody would have ignored Christine from Christmas through July or so.)

Robyn also has the biggest or only profit from the Las Vegas sale.  Only in her mind is it earmarked for Prairie Dog Plague Pass.  Legally, it's hers and Kody's with no contingencies.  In their group talking head, Meri and Janelle gave their votes of no confidence that they'll ever build anything there - which didn't cause Robyn to have a panic attack.  She should validate their fears (making Nancy proud), take the money and run.

She should buy while she has the resources, especially at her sister wives' expense and as the legal wife.  Kody would praise her more for being the model plural wife.   If she rents and Kody drops dead, she and her children will be homeless, which is her worst-case-scenario.  She could fight off foreclosure longer than eviction.  

Any bad consequences wouldn't be worse than eternity on Kody's planet.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But that would mean Sobyn would have be "woke" at 7am to drive them, ain't gonna happen.

I hear Flagstaff is out of canned cabbage...fyi

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

When they were talking about moving to Flagstaff maybe last season it was mentioned that Flagstaff did not have school districts like Vegas and that you could choose the school that you wanted your child to attend. I am familiar with school choice but these are either charter schools or specialty schools and you have to meet certain requirements and/or be placed into a lottery. You can't just waltz up and say I want my child to attend tis school. I am going to have to stop watching this show because I find myself screaming at the TV. This can't be healthy. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, sheshark said:

What a horrible man, husband and father

not to mention very selfish and only thinks of his needs.

27 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

But that would mean Sobyn would have be "woke" at 7am to drive them, ain't gonna happen

oh the horror!!!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

When they were talking about moving to Flagstaff maybe last season it was mentioned that Flagstaff did not have school districts like Vegas and that you could choose the school that you wanted your child to attend. I am familiar with school choice but these are either charter schools or specialty schools and you have to meet certain requirements and/or be placed into a lottery. You can't just waltz up and say I want my child to attend tis school. I am going to have to stop watching this show because I find myself screaming at the TV. This can't be healthy. 

I haven’t watched this episode yet, but the whole changing school issue has me puzzled. Is the open house where all this went down for a possible rental or the one they bought (Near coyote pass)? The home they bought is in the same elementary/middle/high school home district as their first rental. 

Flagstaff does have open enrollment for its public schools. Middle and high school might be different, but I’ve not heard of people being denied their school of choice for elementary. The middle school Robyn’s rental was in would also be wide open for enrollment.  Charters are different but I don’t think any of the Browns are at one of the lottery admitted charters (which wouldn’t kick you out for moving anyway). 

I’ll try to watch tonight but the episodes keep putting me to sleep!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

if AZ orders “sheltering in place,” 3 lucky wives will be free of him for the duration. I await the results. 

Someone asked Kootie where he is staying and if he is practicing social distancing on Twitter last night.  His answer was to ‘watch next season’.  So confident.  I guess they are filming.

• Useful 5

I seriously think there is something very wrong with Robyn.  I am not a Kody fan but I think he makes sense about buying.  They have to be out of the house in about a month, how long does she think she can search for a rental?  What happens if they have to get out and have no place to go?  Not like any of the other wives would take them.  For a polygamous family it seems they are mostly on their own.  Also, Robyn said to Kody "don't upset my kids" she didn't say "our kids" or even "the kids"  very telling.  I am convinced Robyn is nuts, no rational person acts or behaves the way she does.  Can't take those two daughters either.  This was taped a year ago, do we know how then ended up Rent or Buy.

A whole hour of Kody and Robyn arguing, this show is pretty much done.  Is next week the finale?  That show looks good, Meri freaking out and Maddie in labor.

• Like 1
  • Love 16

The 7-bedroom house they were looking at but it was not in the school district...if it was indeed the perfect house for them, couldn't Kody or Robyn drive them to and from school?  I mean, what else do they do all day?  It's not like they're working.

This season is the worst Robyn's hair has ever looked.  It's like she curled her hair, sprayed a ton of hairspray on it and forgot to brush it out a little.  It looks so stiff and really ages her.

Kody screeching, "We could've just stayed in Vegas.  I would've saved a TON of money!" is very telling.  I interpreted it to mean that moving to Flagstaff was indeed Robyn's idea all along.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
Spoiler

They filmed this about a year ago, right? And they're saying that they signed one year leases, and those leases are up, and that's why they can be forced to move again. That means we are 2 years into the Flagstaff move on a whim, and no one has broken ground on Coyote Pass, correct?? If this is accurate, they should all just buy houses now. 

I'm curious to see how they will end this season, since we all know nothing has actually happened.

I added spoilers because it discusses stuff that happens after the current episode.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

This was taped a year ago, do we know how then ended up Rent or Buy.

Yes, she got her million dollar home.  Our poster, Kyanight, seems to know Sobyn and mentioned she was a wanna-be actress.  Sobs has convinced some people that she wanted to rent and not use any capital to take away from Plague Plains.  Doubtful she really wants to live among the common sister wives.  She is the legal wife (doesn’t mean anything to her, ha). My mind ‘pitchers’ Kootie and Sobs sitting at the table late at night, going over their script, practicing lines.  “Now you start looking up, blinking and stuttering because you don’t want to hold back the building, Love.  And I get so frustrated, just like my grandson Axelbrush.  I am going to force you to buy that mansion!”

• Like 1
  • Love 15

She seriously wants someone who is selling their home, obviously for good reasons of their own, TO RENT IT TO HER FOR 24 MONTHS INSTEAD. Fuck the seller's plans, their needs, their timeline. Hey, maybe they've been prayin' for a buyer! 

Eh - I don't see the harm in asking. Maybe the sellers didn't think they could rent such a large, expensive home so they were selling. They can always say no. And if you're going to rent, it's great to find longer term tenants, assuming they are financially stable and aren't going to skip out on the rent.

The 7-bedroom house they were looking at but it was not in the school district...if it was indeed the perfect house for them, couldn't Kody or Robyn drive them to and from school?  I mean, what else do they do all day?  It's not like they're working.

They can if the kids are allowed to go to a school outside their home district. Others have said that's allowed in Flagstaff - I don't know that area. Where I live, kids can apply to go to schools outside their assigned high school but whether or not that is approved depends a lot on whether there is space. So it's not just a logistical issue of whether someone can drive them. Also - the two older girls look old enough to be driving - so if there's a car available the girls can drive themselves to and from school.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

This was taped a year ago, do we know how then ended up Rent or Buy.

On the show, when Kody and Robyn were walking through one of the "buy" houses...she couldn't even bother to actually LOOK at it...but the living room had those weird cubbies built into the wall.  If memory serves THAT is the house that they actually bought, so she had to "settle" for a 5 bedroom.  I am surprised that Kody didn't mention on camera how close that house was to the property.  It is just down the road from it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Rent a 4-bedroom house.

One bedroom is for Kooty and Sobyn.

One bedroom is for Dayun and King Sol.

One bedroom is for the panic attack twins and Areola.

One bedroom is used as a study/office.  No toys, no TV.  Only to be used for homework, reading, quiet time.

But that doesn't work for Sobyn, because she can't think outside of her own little brain.

You can take the girl out of the trailer, but she is what she is.

I had a lot of students who grew up in trailer homes and I always tell them where you grew up doesn’t define who you are. I can’t stand Robyn but she shouldn’t be defined by having to live in a trailer.

• Love 5
Just now, Madding crowd said:

I had a lot of students who grew up in trailer homes and I always tell them where you grew up doesn’t define who you are. I can’t stand Robyn but she shouldn’t be defined by having to live in a trailer.

I live in a trailer right now.  

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Don't know the name of it, but the premise is that there are multiple couples who need to buy a house FAST in a tight market.  

UPDATE:  I think it's called "House in a Hurry."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

Kody is such a different person with Robyn it’s so weird to me. Also why are her kids super special that he worries so much of how they’ll react opposed to his biological children?? the real estate girl was pretty and exotic😃

The RE girl could be #5 if she played her cards right!  Not rilly, but I would love to see Robyn's head explode. 

What a boring episode.  The whole damn season was boring, too.

Title for Robyn's next "best seller" - How To Go From Unheated Trailer To Palatial Mansion In 10 EZ Lessons.

Robyn sucks.  Hell, they all do, but she takes the cookie.

• Love 16

so the Coyote Pass property is on a flood plain huh? That explains why a developer didn't jump on purchasing. The seller of the property is probably still giggling as Kody paid cash.  I'm sure he didn't do an appraisal. 

Good luck selling THAT white elephant. Maybe a rancher would be interested.  Another shitty real estate purchase by Kody & Ko.

• Love 23

Shelby the realtor never seals the deals.  She's barely any better than Janelle.

Kody negotiated directly with the developers with his BAFO, which resulted in his running the utility lines.  And, Kody called the seller Craig/Curtis directly about possibly renting instead of buying or rent-to-own, instead of Shelby's doing her job.  When Kody asked Shelby about renting, she replied, "It doesn't hurt to try," or something equally as lame. 

If they actually asked her to show them rentals, she instead showed them homes for sale.  They seemed to have started their rental search without her.  Only the Browns would think that she's a good agent after she failed to anticipate the prohibitive cost of running utilities on the land they did buy - except that Kody's probably still strutting that his lawyer told him to sell the land and make a profit.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why doesn't kody back off and let Robyn have her rental dream that's never going to happen?   Maybe it's costing so dam much because she wants SEVEN bedrooms! 

Right?? I used to be in the rental biz for many years. There were never, ever 7 bedroom homes available for rent. The majority were 2 and 3 bedrooms, maybe a 4 bed would pop up once in a while and from what Kodster says the Flagstaff rental market does not have a lot to offer to begin with. Stupid, spoiled woman. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
49 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

On the show, when Kody and Robyn were walking through one of the "buy" houses...she couldn't even bother to actually LOOK at it...but the living room had those weird cubbies built into the wall.  If memory serves THAT is the house that they actually bought, so she had to "settle" for a 5 bedroom.  I am surprised that Kody didn't mention on camera how close that house was to the property.  It is just down the road from it.

Yes, this is the house they bought for $890,000.  It was the first one shown in the episode, with the big bay window in the kitchen and the weird wood totem poles built into the tv/fireplace wall.  It may oinly have 5 bedrooms, but it has two master bedroom suites (one for Dayton!).

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Robin was so focused on a single outcome: rent a large house. She refused to accept any alternative, and there were several to choose from. Buy, buy smaller, rent smaller, share until finding a perfect rental, etc. Hey Robin: Resistance is stress. Accept the things you cannot change and get the wisdom to know the difference. Also, stop making stupid financial decisions. 

• Love 17

I understand Robyn's problem: she knew as soon as they bought that any hope of building on Coyote Pass was essentially done.  She may have been a little over the top about it, but I have sympathy for her with the dream of them all living next to each other at Coyote Pass dying.

Side note: the Browns own the 4 lots on Coyote Pass.  Literally all the other lots on Coyote Pass surrounding them are for sale currently.  It would be very tough for the Browns to offload their lots now.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Robin was so focused on a single outcome: rent a large house. She refused to accept any alternative, and there were several to choose from. Buy, buy smaller, rent smaller, share until finding a perfect rental, etc. Hey Robin: Resistance is stress. Accept the things you cannot change and get the wisdom to know the difference. Also, stop making stupid financial decisions. 

There were 22 airbnb rentals available in Flagstaff with 6 bedrooms.  More expensive than renting, but at least they would have an option that would give them more time to argue.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Eh - I don't see the harm in asking. Maybe the sellers didn't think they could rent such a large, expensive home so they were selling. They can always say no. And if you're going to rent, it's great to find longer term tenants, assuming they are financially stable and aren't going to skip out on the rent.

Potential buyers trying to negotiate minimal "earnest" money would be a real red flag.  I'd charge the maximum.

I wonder if Robyn & Kody got paid more for an episode focussed only on them.  That would inspire Robyn to go into full drama mode.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12

Sobbin definitely has Grody by the short n' curlies. And now, all of a sudden their kids are her kids?    "STAHP FREAKN' OUT MAH KIDS." 

I ended up fast-forwarding through most of the show because quite frankly the Brown family housing crisis is insignificant these days.  

I hope they end up in tents on Coyote Poop Pass. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I live in a trailer right now.  

Wasn't it Sobyn who wanted a giant home to show people they were "quality people"?

Edited by sheshark
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Does anyone remember which 2 lots were bought outright and which two lots they had to finance on Coyote Pass?  Did they buy Janelle's and Robyn's lots and finance Meri and Christine's lots?

5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She doesn't seem to have learned that the quality of the person has nothing to do with the number of bedrooms in their home.  It comes from within.

We are in a 3-bedroom trailer.    

We don't bother God by asking Him to grant us favors that specifically line up with what we want.  God has promised to supply all our NEEDS, not all our WANTS.  

Amen, sister.  And I would rather be in a trailer in AZ than where I am, although I love living 14 miles from Times Square.  We are in worse shape than Washington state right now.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 2