Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Hurt

• Start Topic

I predict an awkward triangle with Melendez in a hospital bed and Claire and Lim both hovering and then realizing both of them are in love with him.

I really, really hope Shaun somehow comes to the realization that he and Leah are meant to be friends. I'm taking it as a hopeful sign that his brother's ghost told him romance with her wasn't going to happen -- can the ghost of a loved one be wrong? And Shaun often does surprise everyone, like when he asked Carly out. And finally, I would enjoy seeing Leah get friend-zoned by Shaun.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, bros402 said:

Yeah, but I imagine the person using a tree wasn't surrounded by medical professionals.

I mean yeah she has been around alcohol a lot, but who wouldn't want an alcohol-themed MacGyver for a doctor?? (sarcasm)

And yeah, Reznick has to be on a pile of painkillers. If there is any non-"destroyed her hands" repercussion, it'll be that medical show classic: addiction

I thought the walkie was just in the ambulance somewhere and she was overhearing the conversation

LOL!  That would have made sense!  But no, you can see her holding a walky in her hand.  And at first I said "like Lim would really give her a walky" but then Lim had hers.  So who did she steal it from?  lol 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Bluerinse666 said:
On 3/24/2020 at 12:16 AM, Zoe said:

TV medicine has taught me a ruptured spleen.

(Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, pure conjecture)

TV medicine has taught me it's always Lupus!

House taught me it's never lupus!

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, ForReal said:

I predict an awkward triangle with Melendez in a hospital bed and Claire and Lim both hovering and then realizing both of them are in love with him.

I really, really hope Shaun somehow comes to the realization that he and Leah are meant to be friends. I'm taking it as a hopeful sign that his brother's ghost told him romance with her wasn't going to happen -- can the ghost of a loved one be wrong? And Shaun often does surprise everyone, like when he asked Carly out. And finally, I would enjoy seeing Leah get friend-zoned by Shaun.

I think he already has, in his conversation with Impaled Lady. He said Lea makes him "more", but feels he doesn't make Lea "more". And of all the characters, Lea pulled Shaun out of his shell more than anyone else. But--I have no idea where they're going with the story at this point. I've been wrong so many times this season. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I think he already has, in his conversation with Impaled Lady. He said Lea makes him "more", but feels he doesn't make Lea "more". And of all the characters, Lea pulled Shaun out of his shell more than anyone else. But--I have no idea where they're going with the story at this point. I've been wrong so many times this season. 

I just hope she doesn't rush up to him and say she wants to be "more" for him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/24/2020 at 12:43 AM, thuganomics85 said:

And, yep, that big speech to the victim that Lea overheard is probably going to make her see "the error of her ways", and give Shaun a chance.  Way to reward bad behavior, show.  I don't mind Shaun being flawed, making mistakes, and even being a jerk at times, but this really is feeling like handling him with kid gloves, and having everything go his way.  Maybe they'll surprise me next week, but I ain't holding my breath on that.

Dear God please no.  I will really, really, really, hate that because I strongly feel that after what Shaun yelled at Lea - you can't go back.  You can't even be friends.  It's just a bridge too far.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:19 AM, CheetaraThunder said:

Everything you said about Shaun/Lea is me 💯...I was fine with Lea not returning the feelings (not with her bringing up his autism), but it’s fine that Shaun can have girls that are just his friends. But, now they are going to have them together out of pity. Why not surprise us and have Vera (the blonde he was treating) as a new love interest? She is wayyy more interesting.

I agree.  I was also thinking that I would enjoy seeing Shaun go on a date with Vera.  She seems very interesting and not terribly flaky.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

Everyone up thread who stated that all that stuff in Shaun's wonderful speech happened without them being in a romantic relationship are spot on. 

Well, except the falling in love part.  But yeah, you're right.

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

And of all the characters, Lea pulled Shaun out of his shell more than anyone else

Is it really Lea, or is it just Shaun's hormones running wild when he's around her?  But I guess that traces back to her not really being necessary to Shaun's growth.

• Love 2

Emotionally Shaun is working at a basic level this season. He may not recognize the difference between lust and love, he just knows that he has fun around Lea because she pushes him to do more things. All the more reason that he needs a therapist.

8 hours ago, JenLily said:

House taught me it's never lupus!

Except in the episode when it was.  (Which one it was, I can't remember just now.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

he just knows that he has fun around Lea because she pushes him to do more things. All the more reason that he needs a therapist.

What fun is a therapist?

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Except in the episode when it was.  (Which one it was, I can't remember just now.)

It was the lupus episode.

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

LOL!  That would have made sense!  But no, you can see her holding a walky in her hand.  And at first I said "like Lim would really give her a walky" but then Lim had hers.  So who did she steal it from?  lol 

Maybe she mugged an EMT

• LOL 1

Park's patient being trapped reminded me of an NCIS: Los Angeles episode that did something nearly the same.  Victim was crushed between a wall and a car, move the car guy bleeds out.  He wanted to talk to his wife... but his wife lives in another country (I can't remember which at the moment).  Kensi managed to finagle a way for him to say his last goodbyes to his family through a satellite connection.

Gotta agree with the whole Shaun/Lea thing... I really hope they don't shoehorn it into a romantic relationship.  They're better off as friends.  Not sure if Vera will be around next season but would be interesting if she was... along with Paul (Vera's ex) lol.

Still not a fan of Reznick- completely arrogant and self-absorbed.

• Love 3

Still just asking one simple question. I mean there was a major earthquake in the city, the hospital would be on a code red (at least along with a code yellow) and I know the showrunners must force the viewers to see yet another will they or won't they episode sandwiched in a major disaster. So the question is:

WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER DOCTORS?????

• LOL 6

*Lea falls through the floor*
Me: "Nice! . . . . . .  Nah, they're not killing her off so soon." ::sigh::

Resnick: still horrible even in a crisis.

Yay! A win for Claire!

• Love 4