Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
nachomama

Talking the Virus: So Far the One Without Zombies

My dentist is cancelling a whole bunch of appointments through at least the early part of next year.  She has been shut down since March.  So starting in September, those people who had appointments in March will have them then.  The cancelled April appointments will be in November, so on and so forth.🦷

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

I had a dentist appt in March which was of course cancelled. Got an email last week saying they are open again, apparently dressing in what seem to be hazmat suits. I think I'll wait.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 6/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Penis cakes, fart jokes or in-depth discussions/speculations concerning Norman Reedus's public hair?

You’re telling us he’s got ‘private’ hair? Dear God I want to know more 😱

On 6/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, AngelaHunter said:

he ambushed me in the hall one day to ask if I wanted to go out with him. My mind reels in horror to this day at that memory.

Don’t fret, we all have regrets at snot saying yes when we had the chance 🤗

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Laugh 2

On 6/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, OoohMaggie said:

You’re telling us he’s got ‘private’ hair? Dear God I want to know more 😱

I wish I could remember - or maybe I'm glad my memory is so defective - but we may have been speculating if he dyes that hair the way he does the hair on his head.

I wrote "pubLic hair" in my original post? 😆 I don't know if I should be embarrassed about it or proud of this Freudian slip.

On 6/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Don’t fret, we all have regrets at snot saying yes when we had the chance 🤗

🎵Regrets, I have a few...🎶 but that 'snot one of them!

• Laugh 3

I'm a wino now. I found boxed wine that I like. could be the pandemic talking, fuck it, I'm going down with wine. Plus I think my July 4th plans involve watching Hamilton, steak and wine. I haven't had an actual 3 day weekend off in maybe a decade. I've always had a "weekend" job that was holiday proof. I got friday and Saturday off and Sunday was always off. I'm crafting people. Well, not making people from scratch but I'm making soap. Why? Who the fuck knows, it was a cheap "kit". candles were too expensive and I don't really want to paint a rock. So I have my soap kit with glitter and shit. Also I have a water bottle decorating kit coming, may or may not arrive before the glorious holiday weekend but I'll be bedazzling the shit out of some hideous thing that I will pawn off on some unfortunate soul. We can't go anywhere so I had to create some indoor activities and since I can't "make people from scratch" wink, wink then I'll be making soap. Don't be jealous people, just, you know, better yourselves somehow. Trust me if I coulda found some recreational drugs I would have gone that route, because nothing matters anymore.

• Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I wish I could remember - or maybe I'm glad my memory is so defective - but we may have been speculating if he dyes that hair the way he does the hair on his head.

I wrote "pubLic hair" in my original post? 😆 I don't know if I should be embarrassed about it or proud of this Freudian slip.

I saw that.  I ignored it, I have enough questionable posts, no need to add to the mix.

Above and beyond that, I thought bald like an eagle was the trend, going back to the mid to late nineties..  At least that is the way it has been with "adult" movies.

I have already moved my doctor's appointment once, I am tempted to do it again.  I don't know if the doctor will throw a hissy fit or not.  I have enough anxiety going to the doctor in general.   Add all of the virus talk, and that will make my anxiety grow, jacking up my blood pressure even higher.  My doctor isn't happy with my blood pressure being so high as it is.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Above and beyond that, I thought bald like an eagle was the trend, going back to the mid to late nineties

I don't know when it started but for me seeing a mature man shaved as smooth and hairless as a young child is truly repulsive and creepy. Not to mention the mental images of them sitting on their toilet seats, pinching, grabbing and yanking their junk around to get a close shave is the opposite of a turn-on. But that's just me!

8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I have enough anxiety going to the doctor in general.   Add all of the virus talk, and that will make my anxiety grow,

You're not alone. I'm sure the past months have filled all of us with anxiety, fear and depression over the world we seem to have lost. I find that now - even though all the same precautions are taken in all the stores here and many people wear masks everywhere - it doesn't seem quite so dire with the sun shining, birds singing, flowers blooming and balmy temps as it did in the cold, dark, raw months preceeding this.

• Like 2

They just made masks mandatory here. I truly don't get the "freedom" argument. If you play sports, you wear a cup or a helmet, nobody screams that it infringes on their nuts' freedom. You wear a seatbelt in the car, yes people complain, for the most part I don't even do it except long car rides, I'm just lazy but I fucking understand the law and if I got a ticket I'd suck it up. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU FOR FUCKS SAKE! Can you not, for one second, try to fathom that it's about your mother, brother, cousin, child, grandma or neighbor. It isn't necessarily suggesting you are killing anyone or that you yourself are going to be killed, yet people are dying. We notice with the number of assholes armed to the teeth to come out and protect their property that they RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE A LIFE WITH THE SQUEEZE OF A TRIGGER, why is protecting a life by merely breathing in your own space such an infringement? No one is just willy nilly taking away your freedoms, you won't have any freedom if you fucking die. I really don't get the people who throw a tantrum when asked to wear a mask, like the video of the woman throwing the food out of her cart. Seriously? are you 3? Turn around and go home, be as mad as you want and never patronize the store again but that wouldn't be acceptable even if there wasn't a pandemic. She looks like an idiot. It's been very easy for me to go without a  mask, I get my groceries and food curbside. I hate the mask but if I go into the liquor store for more wine I'll wear the thing because the wine is more important than me at this point.

sorry for the rant. it's driving me crazy. Perhaps I done been crazy for a long time.

• Like 5

You might be crazy, but I agree 100%. The same thing is happening here, and we were one of the hardest hit areas in the world. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Superclam said:

You might be crazy, but I agree 100%. The same thing is happening here, and we were one of the hardest hit areas in the world. 

I was thinking about you. It's virtually impossible for you to avoid people. Anywhere you go. It isn't that hard for me, my job has 5 people, we are all in separate rooms, the public doesn't come and go through here. I wear a mask answering the door to UPS and mailman. The random people who come to pick stuff up we give the option of curbside, we just put in your trunk. You can opt not to sign our delivery slip. My boss does most of the deliveries, he assumes the most risk. My other job we are working from home. So groceries are really my only reason to interact with the public, 90% I do curbside. I get that it's much harder for people in more densely populated areas and for "essential" workers. There are people who take the risk every day, you want your mail and your UPS packages to arrive, why would you want your mailman or UPS person to  die?

I have a friend who is the manager of a convenience store. She has to go to work and be in public all day. She gets it, she accepts it. She's livid with people who are just dropping in for a coke. She's all about making sure our military, police, doctors and workers are getting where they have to go. Gas is essential and if they are tired, busy, frazzled from the pressure of their jobs obviously she's there for coffee or a coke or whatever the case may be. She said she sees tons of people shuffling in, still in their pajamas and they bring their kids and they just get a coke. No masks but yet every once in a while they whine about the registers not being 6 feet apart because they are social distancing. Social distancing but they're not wearing masks and their  kids are literally licking the windows or rolling around on the floor. She's made it a practice to tell everyone who comes in for no reason at all except a coke to "have a nice day at work" because she knows they're not "going" to work. Even if they're working from home that trip was unnecessary and puts others at risk.

We are all going stir crazy but damn, the more they do this, the longer the lockdown lasts. I'm not very intelligent but how are they not getting this?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Our great politicians have deemed that Saturday, the 4th of July is the day that bars, pubs and restaurants can open once again. Albeit with some semblance of social distancing being observed. A town in England, Leicester to be precise, has been placed in extra lockdown measures because there has been a ‘Spike’ in recorded cases.
The pathetic politicians have chosen an even more pathetic phrase to use in conjunction with the 4th July date, they’re saying that it’s ‘our’ day of independence, from the virus obviously, I’m sure that phrase will endear itself to the families of all those that die on, or around July 4th, happy Independence Day y’all 😒

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nachomama said:

They just made masks mandatory here. I truly don't get the "freedom" argument. If you play sports, you wear a cup or a helmet, nobody screams that it infringes on their nuts' freedom. You wear a seatbelt in the car, yes people complain, for the most part I don't even do it except long car rides, I'm just lazy but I fucking understand the law and if I got a ticket I'd suck it up. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU FOR FUCKS SAKE! Can you not, for one second, try to fathom that it's about your mother, brother, cousin, child, grandma or neighbor. It isn't necessarily suggesting you are killing anyone or that you yourself are going to be killed, yet people are dying. We notice with the number of assholes armed to the teeth to come out and protect their property that they RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE A LIFE WITH THE SQUEEZE OF A TRIGGER, why is protecting a life by merely breathing in your own space such an infringement? No one is just willy nilly taking away your freedoms, you won't have any freedom if you fucking die. I really don't get the people who throw a tantrum when asked to wear a mask, like the video of the woman throwing the food out of her cart. Seriously? are you 3? Turn around and go home, be as mad as you want and never patronize the store again but that wouldn't be acceptable even if there wasn't a pandemic. She looks like an idiot. It's been very easy for me to go without a  mask, I get my groceries and food curbside. I hate the mask but if I go into the liquor store for more wine I'll wear the thing because the wine is more important than me at this point.

sorry for the rant. it's driving me crazy. Perhaps I done been crazy for a long time.

Everything you’ve said, I‘ve said as well.  So far as the “personal liberty” argument goes, the counterpoint argument I’ve been making has been this:

——————————

“Listen up, you self-centered twat.  If you’re going to use the Declaration of Independence as your rationale, use ALL of it - or, at least, all of that one particular phrase:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Your third-grade reading comprehension level getting all that, bud?  Good - because PAY ATTENTION TO THE ORDER.  Other people’s #1 right to life trumps your #2 right to liberty, you narcissistic prick - so put on your mask and shut the fuck up, you anti-American piece of shit.”
——————————

And now you know why I don’t get invited to dinner parties.  😄

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Just now, Nashville said:

Your third-grade reading comprehension level getting all that, bud?  Good - because PAY ATTENTION TO THE ORDER.  Other people’s #1 right to life trumps your #2 right to liberty, you narcissistic prick - so put on your mask and shut the fuck up, you anti-American piece of shit.”

——————————

Not that I've had to actually use the argument against anyone but hot damn I wanna use that.

• Laugh 2

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

I would invite you! I am the anti-SJW/snowflake/Tumblrina and I think we'd get along just fine. My motto is, "Off with their heads!"

Do I need to get some "Wild Turkey" or something like that in first?

3 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

happy Independence Day y’all 

And how come you're not wishing me "Happy Canada Day"? I'm offended. 😆

• Laugh 2

5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Do I need to get some "Wild Turkey" or something like that in first?

While I have been known on occasion to partake of Wild Turkey - thereby validating the notion you are what you drink - my tastes of late have been more along the lines of several Jack Daniels varieties.  Gotta stay loyal to Tennessee, donchaknow.

• Laugh 1

Au contraire Blackadder,

image.thumb.jpeg.be7c1328cea2e43f37a668e6d6ce2ce1.jpeg

Thank you!! 😄

51 minutes ago, Nashville said:

While I have been known on occasion to partake of Wild Turkey

How did I know that? I don't even know what Wild Turkey is.  I must have read it some novel.

I see people jogging all of the time while wearing masks, that has to be difficult.  I suppose it stops the bugs from flying into their mouths.🦟

• Laugh 2

The pubs, bars and restaurants here are reopening tomorrow, the police are polishing their riot shields as we speak, I just hope a safe distance can be maintained when an officer lumps a drunkard over the head with his baton  🪓

• Surprise 1

On 7/3/2020 at 1:44 PM, OoohMaggie said:

The pubs, bars and restaurants here are reopening tomorrow, the police are polishing their riot shields as we speak, I just hope a safe distance can be maintained when an officer lumps a drunkard over the head with his baton  🪓

I thought that only happened on Gunsmoke in the Long Branch Saloon.  I have no clue how hitting someone over the head does not end up killing someone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I thought that only happened on Gunsmoke in the Long Branch Saloon.  I have no clue how hitting someone over the head does not end up killing someone. 

"Buffaloing" - or conking some miscreant on the noggin with his gun butt - was a favorite tactic of Wyatt Earp. He felt giving someone a lump on their head was better than shooting them.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:58 PM, icemiser69 said:

You obviously weren’t in the UK in the 70’s or early 80’s 😆, thankfully the taser has has largely taken the place of the Baton, but in mass brawls it still has a place.

• Useful 1

On 7/11/2020 at 11:25 AM, OoohMaggie said:

You obviously weren’t in the UK in the 70’s or early 80’s 😆, thankfully the taser has has largely taken the place of the Baton, but in mass brawls it still has a place.

Probably not for people with a heart condition.

• Like 1

So, as of this past Saturday, everyone is required to wear a mask in all public places. In my neck of the woods, we all shrug and say "Okay." But there is the asshole contingent squawking about their rights - their rights to infect someone who may have a condition  - heart, lungs, cancer, other  - who will die if they get the virus because some morons think it's too much of an imposition to wear a mask for the 15 or 20  minutes it takes to buy their groceries. FFS, here in Canada we're used to covering our mouths and noses with scarves for 6 months of the year anyway! Everyone wants their RIGHTS, but never demand their responsibilities.

I really feel public beatings like the ones in India need to take place for these dickheads.

index1.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

I assure you, this "rights" thing is much worse in the U.S. 

We going to have this COVID thing for a long, long time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I really feel public beatings like the ones in India need to take place for these dickheads

Absolutely, we used to have a wonderful practice in jolly old England called Gibbeting. Once the miscreant had been dispatched, the corpse was suspended in an iron structure designed to keep the body intact and prolong the rotting process.
In a public location, outside the grocery store would be ideal, it was left as a deterrent, I’m starting an online petition.............🤗

E90ADB10-B7ED-46CC-93B0-C4F73CDBDBCE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

18 hours ago, Superclam said:

I assure you, this "rights" thing is much worse in the U.S. 

Yes, I know.😟 70,000 new cases in NY in one day? Doesn't negate my rights!

In a public location, outside the grocery store would be ideal, it was left as a deterrent, I’m starting an online petition.............🤗

That's quite a contraption.😱 But yes, anyone refusing to wear a mask and fighting for entry anywhere should be clapped into that for a few hours for a little reflection on their attitude!

• Like 1

nodorothyparker

At the request of several of you, we're starting a separate pullout thread on coronavirus discussion: how it's affecting you, what you're seeing, whether years and years of watching this show have taught us anything about surviving it, guarding your toilet paper hoard against dickish scavengers, whatever.  Please confine related discussion to this thread and out of Small Talk.