Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

S03.E08: BFF

Recommended Posts

Quote

Ruth isn't happy about Marty and Wendy's plan to bury the hatchet with Frank Jr.  The Byrdes make a difficult decision about Ben.  Maya is reprimanded.

Airdate 03.27.2020

Keep your discussion to this episode only - thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad Helen blew up at Wendy. Getting rid of Sue was the right call, and they were ridiculously at risk for blowing up and spilling it all in front of her. 

Fantastic reaction shot by Charlotte when Erin planted one on the brother. 

Uh oh. That look on Helen's face when Ben started yelling. I don't want to be on the end of that look. After 8 episodes, they could have lost this entire storyline and the show would have been fine. I guess the point is that everything affecting them puts on undue risk, but I already knew that so it's not like it added anything. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have hated Ben from the beginning, and I hope he gets put down like the rabid dog he is.  Ruth is no angel, but she doesn't need yet another demented, egotistical asshole controlling her and ruining what tiny shred of self-esteem she's managed to develop.  

They have spent WAY too much time on him, his incessant ranting bores me silly.  They need to stop it.

Die Ben!

Edited by leighdear
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I do not care for the Ben character much, but the actor is killing it so far.

 

Also, let me get this straight...Ben drove to KC for a fight that he got intimidated out of in Ruth's SUV, then goes to a swanky hotel bar also in KC instead of back home?  He picks a fight, gets arrested, then Ruth shows picks him up driving her SUV?  How did she get to KC?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

I do not care for the Ben character much, but the actor is killing it so far.

 

Also, let me get this straight...Ben drove to KC for a fight that he got intimidated out of in Ruth's SUV, then goes to a swanky hotel bar also in KC instead of back home?  He picks a fight, gets arrested, then Ruth shows picks him up driving her SUV?  How did she get to KC?

The fact that the actor makes me hate his character so much definitely proves he's doing a great job. 

I think when Ben got hauled in, Ruth probably took a cab from the casino boat to the police station to bail him out.  I don't think they showed her arriving there in her truck, just driving away from the cop shop with Ben in her passenger seat.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, leighdear said:

The fact that the actor makes me hate his character so much definitely proves he's doing a great job. 

The actor being good and the plot being shoehorned are mutually exclusive. 

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Ruth is no angel, but she doesn't need yet another demented, egotistical asshole controlling her and ruining what tiny shred of self-esteem she's managed to develop.

The growth she's had to this point where she's running a casino, basically considered a made man, and scheduling the laundering drops really strains me to think she's getting into this guy. I guess the choices are slim in the area or she's lonely, but they aren't really selling it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, Mr. R0b0t said:

I do not care for the Ben character much, but the actor is killing it so far.

He really is.  I remember when he 1st appeared on Guiding Light nearly 20 yrs. ago.  He was brilliant as Reva's long-lost son,  Jonathon Randall.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/29/2020 at 3:32 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm glad Helen blew up at Wendy. Getting rid of Sue was the right call, and they were ridiculously at risk for blowing up and spilling it all in front of her. 

Fantastic reaction shot by Charlotte when Erin planted one on the brother. 

Uh oh. That look on Helen's face when Ben started yelling. I don't want to be on the end of that look. After 8 episodes, they could have lost this entire storyline and the show would have been fine. I guess the point is that everything affecting them puts on undue risk, but I already knew that so it's not like it added anything. 

My only question is will we get a graphic scene or will he go out like the therapist. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2020 at 1:52 PM, sas616 said:

He really is.  I remember when he 1st appeared on Guiding Light nearly 20 yrs. ago.  He was brilliant as Reva's long-lost son,  Jonathon Randall.

It was driving me nuts trying to figure out where I knew him from. Banshee. He played the former skinhead tattooed guy who became a cop. Reminds me of Keanu Reeves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Ben, Helen gave you a look that if this was Greek mythology you would have turned to stone right there.  And yes, the actor does look like Keanu Reeves!

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size