Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Borders / S03.E02: Revelations

helenamonster
  • Start Topic

E01:

As an old friend visits Helen, a new mermaid arrives leaving Ryn questioning their motives. Maddie learns the truth behind Ian’s death. Ben fights for his mother’s treatments. Xander is inspired to take on more responsibility.

E02:

When another mysterious death is uncovered in Bristol Cove, Ryn suspects Tia. Maddie befriends a new acquaintance in Seattle. Helen warns the hybrids of trouble. Xander begins training and Ted revisits the past.

Original airdate: 4/2/20

Glad to be back for another season of mermaid hijinks! It looks like we are getting way more into the the shows mythology this season, with a bunch of merpeople tribes, and maybe even sea monsters, and Ben's dad getting dragged into all of this. More merpeople, more sea monsters! Oh yeah, that seems like a WAY more fun season than humans discovering merpeople like what we saw in Ben's possible future idea! Even this now that this angry siren is going to try and start a war to wipe out all humanity, which is just going to lead to even more escalation with the army. 

Happy but surprised that Ben and Ryn already told Maddie that he let the reporter die to keep the mermaids secret. I can also get why Maddie is freaked out, but I also really dont hope this doesn't pull her towards this other guy. Maddie you already have a boyfriend AND a girlfriend, you cant get into a love triangle! It would be more like a love rectangle! Also interesting that Ryn told Angry Siren about Ben letting the reporter die to protect them. Its totally in line with what we have seen of merpeople culture that she would explain Ben as an ally with "he basically killed for us" but its probably going to end badly if she uses that information. 

What is going on with Helen?

• Love 2

I don't really like this mermaids going to war with humans story line, but I guess they have been foreshadowing it with the mermaid history lesson. I don't think it will go well for the mermaids, they already have more than enough problems not being able to reproduce.

The show hasn't given us a glimpse of what mermaid life is like in the water, I wish this season had portrayed normal life before all this war crap. I don't even mind all the don't pollute the ocean propaganda. I was hoping this season would be more like Maddie and the mermaids work together to clean up the oceans and make it safe for mermaids by catching this new sea monster "Ga'anda" making Maddie and Ben famous.

• Love 1

How did it take this long for Ryn to learn about nail polish? She could have been wearing sparkly pink and staring at it in her very Ryn way all this time!

I loved how excited she was to make dinner for Ben and Maddie. Carrot and banana salad, yum. Only to be topped by marshmallow chicken, haha!

I understand why Maddie was upset when she found out what happened to Ian, she made it sound like Ben murdered him with his bare hands. I think there is a difference between actively doing harm to someone versus standing idly by.

I definitely didn't trust the new mermaid because she was acting sketchy as hell, but at this point killing the army guy doesn't necessarily make her eeeeviiiiil.

Awww, congratulations to Calvin and Janine! I'm pretty sure no one is allowed to be happy on this show so now I'm worried that one of them is going to die.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm glad Xander got accepted into the training program. Of course he will be constantly distracted by mermaid stuff and other town drama so I hope he makes it through and gets a job!

Not at all surprised by Tia attacking Ryn.

I'm kind of relieved that Ben's dad finally knows that mermaids are real but I'm not sure what he's going to do with that information.

• Love 2

Not looking fwd to Maddie and the new guy...  couldn't they have found a nice Indian or native American.. Or Asian... Or any other minority.... Did we need Maddie again chasing after some idealistic white guy... I feel like I just made this complaint on the charmed boards... Smh

• Love 1
On 4/7/2020 at 6:32 PM, UNOSEZ said:

Not looking fwd to Maddie and the new guy...  couldn't they have found a nice Indian or native American.. Or Asian... Or any other minority.... Did we need Maddie again chasing after some idealistic white guy... I feel like I just made this complaint on the charmed boards... Smh

Well...

The actor, Deniz Akdeniz, is Turkish.

5 hours ago, sisterspoon said:

Well...

The actor, Deniz Akdeniz, is Turkish.

Turkish isn't a race tho.. And he can pass... And on the show I don't think he's playing someone from that part of the world... So ostensibly, he's white

On 4/4/2020 at 5:45 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I understand why Maddie was upset when she found out what happened to Ian, she made it sound like Ben murdered him with his bare hands. I think there is a difference between actively doing harm to someone versus standing idly by.

I can see why some would believe that, but to me, the difference is very slight.  Just your acceptance of the action. If someone was trying to harm/kill a loved one and by some fluke got entangled in such a situation, I would be torn either way, but if left to die by me or someone else, I cannot blame anyone for not saving them.

I am behind and slowly catching up, thanks quarantine I guess?  Anyway I thought it was interesting that they put out there that Katrina was from Tia's tribe but pretty much adopted and raised by Ryns, and Tia knew she was one of hers by her eyes.  I guess I never paid attention but do all the other mermaids in Ryn's tribe have blue eyes?  I know Levi and Donna did, but all the others?  I also honestly thought Katrina could betray Ryn.....