Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

S01.E18: All Hands On Dex

Recommended Posts

Quote

(Season Finale) To get justice, Dex takes matters into her own hands after finding herself at the forefront of a murder investigation where she's the prime suspect. Meanwhile, Hoffman struggles to remain impartial in the investigation and could lose everything if he continues to help Dex. Elsewhere, Grey attempts to work on his budding relationship with his estranged father while a familiar face from the past makes a surprise visit.

Airing Wednesday, March 25, 2020.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Now that’s a cliffhanger. I had the sneaking suspicion that it was their mother Ansel was talking to because there’s been build up with that story all season. I wonder how he was able to get in contact with her. 

Poor Grey has been through it hasn’t he? He’s been shot and his dad screwed him over yet again. His father should’ve just stayed away in the first place if he was going to bail and leave Grey to clean up his mess. 

Miles really seemed conflicted about which side he’s on, but I think he’ll go back to his job eventually. 

I loved the scene of everyone teaming up to sneak Dex out of the bar; that was fun. I really liked the end as well, with Dex and Sue Lynn talking at Benny’s grave. Their relationship has understandably not been the best, but finding out the truth about Benny’s death will help them move forward. 

Good finale, with a lot of plots to explore. Hope there’s a renewal soon. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, phalange said:

Poor Grey has been through it hasn’t he?

Poor Grey has been beat up, shot down, trampled, double-crossed, black-mailed, lied to, and so many other bad things that TV Tropes doesn't even have a name for it. I guess his character is just The Grey.

 

 

13 minutes ago, phalange said:

Miles really seemed conflicted about which side he’s on, but I think he’ll go back to his job eventually.

What are the odds Miles will join Dex's Detective Agency? Heh, when they go to get information from unsuspecting strangers, they can say, "I'm DDA Whatever Name" and not get in trouble for posing as the Deputy District Attorney. 

 

 

15 minutes ago, phalange said:

I loved the scene of everyone teaming up to sneak Dex out of the bar; that was fun. I really liked the end as well, with Dex and Sue Lynn talking at Benny’s grave. Their relationship has understandably not been the best, but finding out the truth about Benny’s death will help them move forward. 

Yeah, I kind of wish the finale had ended with just the Great Bar Escape and the Dex and Sue Grave Bonding.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Who is Mom going to look like?

  • Rene Russo
  • Katey Sagal

 

CSI: Stumptown is dumb...

  • Where is the murder weapon?
  • Was Dex tested for GSR
  • Ballistics match done?
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Who is Mom going to look like?

  • Rene Russo
  • Katey Sagal

LOL.   I am actually sick of Katey Sagal showing up on EVERY. SINGLE. SHOW. UNDER. THE. SUN. so I hope not Katey.  I hope the show eventually comes back and Rene Russo would be amazing.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Where did TJ live? It seemed like Dex was outside Portland.. or was that name she said a fancy neighbourhood? Otherwise, Portland P.D. would not get the case...

 

Cop one liners when looking at TJ.

Briscoe: Former Army? Looks like a dishonourable discharge.

Briscoe: Former Army? That rules out A Few Good Men.

Horatio Caine: Maybe...somebody...quit the Band Of Brothers....yyeeahhh

 

Grey is lucky that the bad guy seems to be practical, not throwing around angry threats...which means Grey has a chance to plausibly stall him until Dex comes to the rescue.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed this finale.  I really like the way the show is written and directed, even though there are technical glitches as mentioned upthread.  It's good enough for me to ignore, since, it does work out in the end.  

I can see Dex expanding her agency and having a partner.  That's why her ex left his job AND, that's why he has a relationship with the woman who remained.  He'll have a connection for future cases in that office. 

As far as Dex's mom......I'm thinking that the following would be good, IF they were available:

Holly Hunter

Patricia Arquette

Mary Louise Parker

Lisa Kudrow

Allison Janney (already has a show, but......)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Allison Janney (already has a show, but......)

Allison Janney's Mom is renewed, so it would have to be a limited appearance shot during the off season, and then I think Janney would only want to do it if she liked the script and character 
--but yes, she would be perfect.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Allison Janney's Mom is renewed, so it would have to be a limited appearance shot during the off season, and then I think Janney would only want to do it if she liked the script and character 
--but yes, she would be perfect.

Yeah, she has that really gruff exterior that would work well with Dex and her rough rider personality.  I could envision them pulling off hustles, jumping out of windows, escaping by the skin of their teeth, etc.  lol  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

S A T U R D A Y    Night.....

 

I have been constantly saying that this show NEEDS to come out with a soundtrack album.

If "Guardians of the Galaxy" can come out with a silly compilation album,

then they can make a "Stumptown" soundtrack.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, paigow said:

CSI: Stumptown is dumb...

  • Where is the murder weapon?
  • Was Dex tested for GSR
  • Ballistics match done?

I was thinking the same thing.  I almost posted about it 15 minutes into the show.  Also she was found passed out at the scene?!  They never even cared or tried to figure out why she was unconscious ... just assumed she was the murderer?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, gaucho91 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I almost posted about it 15 minutes into the show.  Also she was found passed out at the scene?!  They never even cared or tried to figure out why she was unconscious ... just assumed she was the murderer?

Yeah, like, maybe, she was a victim?  (Which was the case. lol)  

Also, when Dex insisted that she and her attorney talk with Grey present. NO WAY...Attorney/client privilege is waived, if done in presence of third party. FAMILY doesn't mean anything with regard to this.  They could be compelled to testify as to what was said.  Oh well, I just ignore most of this stuff, because, I really like the show. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Attorney/client privilege is waived, if done in presence of third party. 

Jailhouse meetings are all recorded...Seems like a constitutional violation if the client cannot meet the attorney in an unmonitored location.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Where did TJ live? It seemed like Dex was outside Portland.. or was that name she said a fancy neighbourhood? Otherwise, Portland P.D. would not get the case...

Good point! I don't remember the name of the town/ area, but I do remember Dex saying last episode that it was a lengthy drive away (like over an hour, I think?). So, not Portland.

Overall I enjoyed the episode (and the season in general) due to the characters/ actors, fun music choices, etc., but I had the same complaints this episode as I posted last episode, in that they're moving through story lines so quickly that they're already repetitive. I mean, we've only had eighteen episodes and the "big" character cliffhangers they leave us with are Miles questioning whether he's cut out to be a cop for the second time, and Grey being reluctantly pulled into some kind of illegal activity for at least the third time! (Guy really needs a hug, by the way.)

Of course the return of Dex and Ansel's mom is something new, but they ruined it a bit by making it super obvious it was coming. The very first scene with Ansel being secretive on the phone, I knew it was the mother.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, my complaint that Dex doesn't get into fist-fight brawls anymore was taken care of this week. Dex rocks. The priest fist-smashing the confessional was one great scene.

My last-week extreme lack of interest in the love life of Miles and his partner also was fixed this week. Hoping that's gone for good now. Miles is back in my good graces. Partner Chick can go write some parking tickets and be gone, disappeared forever from my teevee.

Grey's in a hospital bed and now being blackmailed into helping track and find his father who has been missing X years? Unbelievable. Blackmailed about what? What does anyone have on Grey these days to force him to do anything he doesn't want.

Grey's dad was kinda all sorts of cool though. I guess he's been running scams out of LA for a while. Gotta keep the wife in nice clothes.

All that money with the same year ... I thought for sure it was counterfeit and that was the big deal.

I don't get why, if Benny was targeted to be murdered, why the guys set up some IED to (maybe) injure him. How would they know he was going to drive right over it? And was Benny alone in the vehicle? Were others killed? Or did they fake out the explosion and kill Benny by hand? Long story short ... why not just shoot him and say it was an enemy sniper.

Hand wave.

I'm SO totally not interested in Mom. I can't think of even one story line I'd want to see with her, except the one where she leaves town again, forever.

Hoping for a renewal. Just one minus Mommy Dearest.

ETA: I forgot to say, Miles' dad has some wild-ass eyes.

And LOL at the beginning shout out to High Anxiety and Doctor Detroit: "Fruit cup?"

I also thought Dex being chained to a hospital bed after being arrested while unconscious was a bit ... well, stupid.

Edited by saber5055
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Of course the return of Dex and Ansel's mom is something new, but they ruined it a bit by making it super obvious it was coming. The very first scene with Ansel being secretive on the phone, I knew it was the mother.

I'm a bit slow apparently, because until you posted this it never dawned on me that Ansel was part of the whole plan. I genuinely thought it was just girlfriend stuff and that mom was a total surprise. Dang, he's conniving. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

I'm a bit slow apparently, because until you posted this it never dawned on me that Ansel was part of the whole plan. I genuinely thought it was just girlfriend stuff and that mom was a total surprise. Dang, he's conniving. 

Same here, especially since Tookie told us it was girlfriend stuff. I did think it weird Ansel stood behind the door when he opened it, maybe he and Mom met already?

Ansel smuggling Dex out via his driving was all kind of cool. Also, gotta love Tookie and his cooler and food truck.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Well I fast forwarded through most of it so I will have to go back and see the awesomeness everyone mentions. 

 

Here's hoping Michael Ealy is being written out. 

Add me to those not interested in Dex's mommy issues.  I had enough with her long dead love this season... Just do a case  of the week and let her be a good P.I....all the other stuff ruins the show...including Grey's issues...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Seriously, can we get a Stumptown soundtrack please? Or at least a Spotify channel? I adore the music in this show, it really does wonders to set the tone.

Glad that Dex can maybe start to finally move on from Benny, even if she will still probably feel angsty about him dying while trying to get in touch with her. She at least can know she got justice for him. And now that mom is back, she has something new "tragic backstory comes back to haunt you" story now that mom is back in town!

Poor Grey, what a crappy freaking day. Dex lies to and ditches him (albeit because of her own stuff) he gets shot, and just when his shitty dad finally shows up and he starts to get his hopes up that shit dad might not be total shit, he ditches him again and leaves him to clean up his mess because he isn't as out of the criminal life as he said it was. 

Everyone helping Dex escape was fun, and Miles calling in his dad to be her lawyer was a pretty clever. I cant imagine he will stay away from being a cop for too long. Both because he loves it too much, and because him being Dexs connection on the force is too convenient for the plot.

Dex and Sue Lynn have really come so far in their relationship, Sue Lynn even gave her the family vengeance gun! I really like Sue Lynn, she is probably my favorite supporting character, and her and Dex bonding over the season has been a lot of fun. They may never be besties or anything, but they both really loved Benny and are still dealing with what happened, and they have that connection. I also loved the whole part where Sue Lynn said she didn't have Benny's letters home because she "burned them in the way of our people" or whatever, while her right hand man just nonchalantly walked over to a desk, grabbed the letters, and tossed them on the table in front of Dex. "White people always believe that nonsense."

So Ansel was talking to his mom the whole time? Damn I SO did not see that coming, not until they made a big deal about his girlfriend coming to the door, and I was like "oh shit, moms home!" right before they opened the door. 

This season has been a bit rocky at times, but I mostly really liked it. Its got a great cast, some fun and interesting stories, and an awesome soundtrack! Hoping for a renewl!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I can hand wave a lot of stuff and just say well it is tv. So all the things about her being arrested and no real investigation and all-yeah stupid and not credible but I like the show so it is okay. But this was the first episode where I really didn't like Dex. Maybe because I've read a lot lately about narcissists but boy did she fit the profile here. She didn't care about anyone else, just her mission. She didn't care if she ruined Miles' career. Everything was about her and what she wanted. She wasn't aware of anything going on with Ansel. And she is still taking the blame for Benny's death which is really just making it all about her. Still.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Most of you probably know this already but the actor who plays Grey’s dad was in the original Friday the 13th as one of the counselors.  I think of that any time I see him in something.

  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think the mother character would have to be someone extraordinarily beautiful to match Cobie.  That's why I like the Rene Russo suggestion; they're both former models.  You can't ignore Cobie's bone structure.  It doesn't match a lot of the typical looking actresses out there...... (I know that sounds mean).  

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Lisa Kudrow

As someone who grew up with "Friends", it feels so funny to me that Lisa would be old enough to have a kid Cobie's age.  She would have been a 19 year old mother in that case.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Last night's ratings were dismal as usual.  

Final season average ratings

Stumptown.                    2.843 mil  viewers

Comparing this to The Rookie in a very bad Sunday night 10 pm slot

The Rookie                      4.091 mil viewers

I LOVE Stumptown but it doesn't have the necessary viewership for renewal.  It has so much story left to tell.  Hopefully Netflix might be interested in airing another season of say 12 episodes.stumptown.thumb.jpg.de6c056618bba2061c5ba89362b5db86.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

 

Dex and Sue Lynn have really come so far in their relationship, Sue Lynn even gave her the family vengeance gun! They may never be besties or anything...

Au contraire...Sue Lynn saved Grey from the cops because Dex asked...Then harbours a semi-fugitive...They are so close to jumping into bed together....

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

ETA: I forgot to say, Miles' dad has some wild-ass eyes.

That's what happens when you previously play a shadowy character on The X-Files. 😉

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

 

Grey's in a hospital bed and now being blackmailed into helping track and find his father who has been missing X years?

Not blackmail. Help or die in that bed.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I predicted in the episode 1 thread that Benni was murdered... dun dun dun.

Didn't think we'd find out this soon why though. Are they hurting for ratings, that they revealed it so soon?

And what a cliched reason it was. Of course the unit stole money and Benni wanted to report it. I've probably seen that on 10 TV shows now. Maybe more...

18 hours ago, phalange said:

Now that’s a cliffhanger. I had the sneaking suspicion that it was their mother Ansel was talking to because there’s been build up with that story all season. I wonder how he was able to get in contact with her. 

It also was really obvious and all the characters are dumb for thinking it was the girlfriend...

Edited by Prower
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If we are forced to have Dex's mom if this gets a second season, then I vote for Margo Martindale, reprising her kick-ass mom role from Justified.

Is Sue Lynn Benny's mom? I like her character and how she's always blowing smoke about her people when it's convenient. Her side kick is also fun, and a hottie too. I like both of them, and their connection to Dex.

Thinking about it, I like all of the characters on this show and the actors who play them. All except Mile's partner. She can be gone any time and I won't miss her.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Prower said:

I predicted in the episode 1 thread that Benni was murdered... dun dun dun.

Didn't think we'd find out this soon why though. Are they hurting for ratings, that they revealed it so soon?

And what a cliched reason it was. Of course the unit stole money and Benni wanted to report it. I've probably seen that on 10 TV shows now. Maybe more...

It also was really obvious and all the characters are dumb for thinking it was the girlfriend...

Then I must be dumb too since I really didn’t see that coming. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, screengem said:

Last night's ratings were dismal as usual.  

Final season average ratings

Stumptown.                    2.843 mil  viewers

Comparing this to The Rookie in a very bad Sunday night 10 pm slot

The Rookie                      4.091 mil viewers

I LOVE Stumptown but it doesn't have the necessary viewership for renewal.  It has so much story left to tell.  Hopefully Netflix might be interested in airing another season of say 12 episodes.

I had no idea the ratings were bad.  Thanks for letting us know.  It's good for us to be mentally prepared.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I had no idea the ratings were bad.  Thanks for letting us know.  It's good for us to be mentally prepared.

I wonder about ratings since so many people DVR and watch later. I sometimes don't watch a show until a couple weeks after it airs in real time. I've heard tv critics talking about if ratings are relevant any more, viewership is so skewed. Although I guess the old fogies running the networks are still in the stone age about that sort of thing. Anyway, I hope this show gets the go for another season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I read an article within the past few days (maybe on here?) that networks might be more likely to renew "bubble" shows because the filming of a lot of potential pilots (like, for new shows) had to be shut down due to the coronavirus. So in other words, it would be easier for networks to go back to filming an existing show (like Stumptown) when this is all over than it would be to gamble on an unknown that they didn't even get to see a pilot for.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I read an article within the past few days (maybe on here?) that networks might be more likely to renew "bubble" shows because the filming of a lot of potential pilots (like, for new shows) had to be shut down due to the coronavirus.

Also the show checks off more casting diversity boxes than a lot of other shows...

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, paigow said:

Also the show checks off more casting diversity boxes than a lot of other shows...

And they do it in an organic way, IMO, rather than just plopping minorities into generic roles --instead, for instance, there are whole tribal land scenes, and Ansel is a main character.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Part of me wishes it was a clean wrap up without dangling threads because of the uncertainty.  It was fine on the whole, but maybe not great.

I echo those above who liked the scene with Sue Lynn and Dex drinking at the grave.  It was a good, calm character moment.  And my favorite part of that scene was the fact that Dex broke a Pottery Barn vase at Sue Lynn's house on her first visit and Sue Lynn lied and said it was a family heirloom.

I was also glad Cosgrove was back.

Usually I'm fine with the musical cues on this show, but I didn't like them recutting "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" to put choruses back to back.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was just tickled to feel so juvenile singing along to The Bay City Rollers!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, saber5055 said:

Grey's in a hospital bed and now being blackmailed into helping track and find his father who has been missing X years? Unbelievable. Blackmailed about what? What does anyone have on Grey these days to force him to do anything he doesn't want.

His half-brother who was conveniently mentioned again during this episode. So either Dad is a real douche and pulled once again a vanishing trick on another family or something happened to him.

I quite liked that as a finale even though a lot of it was predictable. And yeah, Dex is really a danger to those around her. Maybe now that the whole Bennie arc is closed she might drop some of her devil-may-care attitude. She did not just throw Hoffman under the bus, made everyone at the bar an accessory, she also never stopped thinking what would happen to Ansel if her little revenge trip did not end as planned. In the end Grey took the bullet.

But we had Cosgrove, a really great escape scene, two dirty fights and some cool music. Plus a good cliffhanger. Bit of a wonky landing but not a complete crash. Let's hope for a season 2.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this one, both as a season finale and as an episode in general.  We got closure on the Benny storyline, and some things were tossed into the air so they can retool things as needed before the show (hopefully) returns.  Mostly Hoffman, I guess, who could decide to continue being a cop, or as others have pointed out, could join Team Dex as the guy with skills and some contacts with the PD.

Count me among those blindsided by Mom, which was also a massive disappointment for me.  For reasons which escape me now, I've stuck with the rebooted Hawaii Five-0, which had a torturous, multi-season arc involving McGarrett's Mom, which completely wasted the otherwise great Christine Lahti.  Every episode with Mom was horrible.  When they finally killed her, I rejoiced, which I'm sure was not the intended effect.  McGarrett was weeping openly over this woman he barely knew, and all I could think of was "Finally!  Hopefully for good this time!"

Anyway, the shock of "Mom" as the big set-up for next season... bleah.  Otherwise, a pretty good episode.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2020 at 11:49 PM, shapeshifter said:

Poor Grey has been beat up, shot down, trampled, double-crossed, black-mailed, lied to, and so many other bad things that TV Tropes doesn't even have a name for it. I guess his character is just The Grey.

I could get behind that.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:49 PM, shapeshifter said:

What are the odds Miles will join Dex's Detective Agency? Heh, when they go to get information from unsuspecting strangers, they can say, "I'm DDA Whatever Name" and not get in trouble for posing as the Deputy District Attorney. 

I can see three options: return to the force (probably mid-season), become Dex's partner; join dad's law firm as chief investigator which would still enable Myles to help out Dex.

On 3/26/2020 at 1:26 PM, paigow said:

Jailhouse meetings are all recorded...Seems like a constitutional violation if the client cannot meet the attorney in an unmonitored location. 

When the attorney meets client in jail, recording devices are turned off (or at least are supposed to be).

On 3/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, saber5055 said:

I also thought Dex being chained to a hospital bed after being arrested while unconscious was a bit ... well, stupid.

Actually, I've seen someone who was under arrest and handcuffed to a hospital bed.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:41 PM, saber5055 said:

If we are forced to have Dex's mom if this gets a second season, then I vote for Margo Martindale, reprising her kick-ass mom role from Justified.

Don't you mean Character Actress Margo Martindale (tm Bojack Horseman)? 

 

11 hours ago, MissLucas said:

His half-brother who was conveniently mentioned again during this episode. So either Dad is a real douche and pulled once again a vanishing trick on another family or something happened to him.

Grey's dad was taking half brother to a little league tournament in Seattle (?) which was how they were getting him up to Stumptown in the first place. Grey asked dad how the kid did.

I enjoyed the finale and overall liked the season. What bothered me about this episode that hasn't already been mentioned is that after the Sargeant was killed, Dex and Myles have this conversation. Meanwhile, Grey is lying somewhere near the house bleeding from a gunshot wound. Hey Dex, how about telling Myles to call for an ambulance and taking him to Grey. You can talk all you want after he is taken away by the EMTs.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Actually, I've seen someone who was under arrest and handcuffed to a hospital bed.

I know, I know. My point was, Dex was taken to the hospital from the murder scene, her street clothes removed, and she was put into a hospital gown, then handcuffed to the bed all WHILE UNCONSCIOUS. The stupid/weird part is in all caps.

Have never seen Bojack Horseman so cannot comment on Margo Martindale's part in that show. She shows up a lot in different shows through the years. She'd be my pick for Stumptown Mom. I mean, if we have to have a stupid mom plot at all since I agree with @Orbert on that story line.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I never watched Bojack Horseman but if Martindale modeled her part around Justified's Mags Bennett we would have a trifecta of female awesomeness with Tantoo Cardinal and Camryn Manheim. That said I'm also wary of a missing parent plot - it's such a dramatic staple. Hawaii Five-0 was particularly bad but plenty of shows went there and it was hardly ever good. What are the odds that Mom and Dad were not spies/sleeper agents?

But at least it provides us with some casting speculation. Susan Sullivan is currently wasted on Last Man Standing. I also miss Susannah Thompson - she was terrific on Arrow.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, MissLucas said:

 So either Dad is a real douche and pulled once again a vanishing trick on another family or something happened to him.

He double crossed his robbery crew and is on the run...nothing happened to him...yet

Share this post


Link to post

BOO to implied continued Hoffman pining. I had hoped having him fuck his partner would clear the way for inevitable Grey boning but they dove back into that love square instantaneously, ugh. And now he has feeeeelings. Lee deserves better.

Disappointed in the lack of Tookie/Cosgrove interaction. Also, while the scene of everyone helping Dex escape was cute, I find it hard to believe she'd recruit her closest friends (including Ansel) to risk going down for accessory to murder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Loandbehold said:
On 3/25/2020 at 10:49 PM, shapeshifter said:

What are the odds Miles will join Dex's Detective Agency?…. 

I can see three options: return to the force (probably mid-season), become Dex's partner; join dad's law firm as chief investigator which would still enable Myles to help out Dex.

If the show returns, I like your idea of Miles becoming an investigator for his dad’s law firm. Miles and Dex could have a competitive thing going on similar to what she had with Donal Logue's character early in this season. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2020 at 9:30 AM, Loandbehold said:

Grey's dad was taking half brother to a little league tournament in Seattle (?) which was how they were getting him up to Stumptown in the first place. Grey asked dad how the kid did.

I've been thinking about it, and... wasn't Grey's dad communicating all of that via text? Grey never saw his half brother because Grey's dad never showed up when he said he was going to.

In light of the recent events with Grey's creepy hospital visitor, I'm not sure Grey's dad actually came to Stumptown with his son. If he was doing shady things and pissed off that guy, it's possible he lied about his whole reason for being there, and the reason he didn't show up at Grey's bar when he said he was going to was because it all went wrong (and then he showed up as a surprise later, possibly because he's now hiding from that dude).

I feel really bad for Grey. He never had a father, and now that he's found him, the dad's a shady liar who chose to put his own son in danger. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

If this show returns, I think Mary Steenburgen would be good in the role of Mom.  She & Cobie look like they could be related.

I liked Tookie cleaning to impress Ansel's expected guest, but laughed when he just abandoned the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the living room when she arrived.  After all, the goal of cleaning for a guest is to give the impression that one always live in an immaculately kept home, not that one has been frantically cleaning right up to the moment of their arrival. 

I would LOVE a soundtrack album from this show.  

I agree that COVID-19 increases the chances of renewal.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Calvada said:

If this show returns, I think Mary Steenburgen would be good in the role of Mom.  She & Cobie look like they could be related.

 

She is already on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist right now.

Share this post


Link to post

I am SO GLAD that we got to the end (presumably) of the Benny plot this season.  I was terrified it was going to be a “Beckett’s Mom” 5+ season fiasco.  

I felt so bad for Grey that Dex couldn’t even be bothered to see him in the hospital.  I thought Ansel was talking to Dex on the phone and saying he missed her because she’d been arrested and pretty absent while obsessively investigating the Benny case.  

I hope it comes back but most everything I like doesn’t...(I will never get over the cancellation of The Grinder).  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size