Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Move In or Move On

• Start Topic

Damn, that scowl on Meka's face.  I wouldn't want to tell her anything either.  No wonder Michael lies all the time.  She reminds me of a mean nun who slaps your knuckles with a ruler when you act up. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I wanted to punch that lady in her fucking face for saying Frustrated Meka wasn't a "soft place to land." Talk about deflecting blame. From Michael for being a total fraud & the show for not doing basic due diligence. Meka is being set up to look like the Angry Black Woman.

Absolutely yes to all of this & "Dr. V" is another sucky fraud.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I wanted to punch that lady in her fucking face for saying Frustrated Meka wasn't a "soft place to land." Talk about deflecting blame. From Michael for being a total fraud & the show for not doing basic due diligence. Meka is being set up to look like the Angry Black Woman.

Yep! Perfectly stated.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

He's been the one lying. It's up to him to prove himself now & be completely transparent, then she will feel safe to do so as well.

I agree. She said early on that they exchanged salaries and has no reason to suspect that she's not telling the truth about how much she makes. He's the one who was all, "I just doubled my salary! Wait, never mind."

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

See the thing with liars is the other person is really in a tough place, because if they continue to open up & give them chances, the liar will just take those chances to continue to lie. So the partner is going to constantly be hurt, & become more & more bitter & broken inside - unless they cut loose. Meka needs to just cut loose. His lying is not her fault & she can't do anything to fix Michael's severe character flaw. She does not need to keep opening herself up to being lied to even more.

Thank You!!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• Love 10
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

He's been the one lying. It's up to him to prove himself now & be completely transparent, then she will feel safe to do so as well.

I say they should both slap their pay stubs down at the same time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Meka is no nonsense. She won’t take Michael’s word for anything.  She needs to see his pay stubs.  She wants receipts. Can’t say I blame her because even Pastor Cal seemed to have trouble believing him. 

Clearly, Mindy and Zach do not have a relationship let alone a marriage, so what exactly are they holding on to?

Brandon is a smug a-hole. I don't understand why it's on Taylor to make changes in order for him to come back.

• Love 15

I’ve been hard on Meka.  But Michael is such a grandiose, non-“vunnerable” asshole that I hope she moves on and finds someone who will treat her right.  She’s still not my favorite person, but he is so over the top fake, I can’t stand it. 

• Love 20
Just now, Meowwww said:

I’ve been hard on Meka.  But Michael is such a grandiose, non-“vunnerable” asshole that I hope she moves on and finds someone who will treat her right.  She’s still not my favorite person, but he is so over the top fake, I can’t stand it. 

Yeah...but how do we know anything about this poor girl? It's such a horrible position she is in.  I wonder how she would act if she wasn't being attcked by all the lies.  Maybe she would be unlikable...but ... i mean...maybe she would be likeable.

• Love 20
Just now, ezzy4 said:

Yeah...but how do we know anything about this poor girl? It's such a horrible position she is in.  I wonder how she would act if she wasn't being attcked by all the lies.  Maybe she would be unlikable...but ... i mean...maybe she would be likeable.

Yup.  Eating crow here (not really, I love crows) and coming around to her side. 

• Love 10

At first I was on Meka's side.  Michael lied.  Then I noticed Meka and realized I wouldn't tell her shit either.  She's always got this nasty scowl on her face.  She was the one complaining about her wedding dress, as I remember.  I don't think they're making Meka look like an "angry black woman," her being angry has nothing to do with her race, she's got a scowl on her face and that isn't welcoming to me at all.  And that's my UO.

ETA, I'm tired of calling EVERYTHING that's not sweetness and light, abuse. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

At first I was on Meka's side.  Michael lied.  Then I noticed Meka and realized I wouldn't tell her shit either.  She's always got this nasty scowl on her face.  She was the one complaining about her wedding dress, as I remember.  I don't think they're making Meka look like an "angry black woman," her being angry has nothing to do with her race, she's got a scowl on her face and that isn't welcoming to me at all.  And that's my UO.

ETA, I'm tired of calling EVERYTHING that's not sweetness and light, abuse. 

Lying and intentional projection are tools abusive people use.  I spent too much of my life tip toeing around abusers because it's scary to confront them.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, ezzy4 said:

Lying and intentional projection are tools abusive people use.  I spent too much of my life tip toeing around abusers because it's scary to confront them.

Yes, but that's your experience and I'm sorry for that, but that doesn't mean that Michael or any other man on this show is an "abuser."

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I can’t believe they’re all re-upping for another three weeks of this shit. (Except for A and J) Holy cow, this season feels like the longest one to date. 
There’s a lot of hate to spread around but Katie is up there as one sullen bitch with no reason to be. 

• Love 15
Just now, Ohwell said:

Yes, but that's your experience and I'm sorry for that, but that doesn't mean that Michael or any other man on this show is an "abuser."

Uhm...we are all just sharing our thoughts here.  They both seem to be acting abusively.  It's a tv show.  Maybe it's scripted...idk.  Maybe they are great guys irl.  But the behavior shown on the show looks abusive to me.

I don't mind that you don't agree.

2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Oh, if Katie were an elf,

I would sit her on the shelf

And go off by myself,

With Santa!

I'd take presents everywhere

Without Katie in my hair!

Oh, the rarified night air,

With Santa!

Lololololololol

I don't know...i kinda luv these two. 

• Love 9
Just now, Suzy Rhapsody said:

The camera guys in the background: “Aaaand, scene!  Great job, Katie and Derek.”  So scripted. 

If so, they're playing a dangerous game, these amateurs. Say the words, and you might feel them.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, NowVoyager said:

Wait. Katie said Derek writing a book is unrealistic once he becomes a parent? Riight... because no parent has ever written a book.

Friend of mine is an educator & mom of 5 & has written several books.

Katie's a dream killer.

• Love 14