Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TexasGal

S10.E19: Reunion Part 3

Recommended Posts

So in Margaret’s mind, Teresa saying “Do it, do it, do it, do it!” is totally forgivable. Okay then.

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’d love to hear Oliver’s story from another point of view.  
And she obviously made up the abuse story against her ex. How low is that?  And what’s wrong with him that he can forgive that?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Tre has a problem, she does things that are punishable by law, shitty to her friends but yet, it is somebody else's problem when she gets caught.  Sort of like speeding, it is only against the law if you get caught.

Who relates to Danielle?  Does she think she has a following?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

The funniest part is that it looked like she was the only one who WAS watching!  Everyone else seemed to have their back turned.

Yes!  That's what made the clip even more amazing!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, kicksave said:

Watching Danielle last night was like watching a mentally disturbed sociopath in the throes of an "episode"...good lord...all the primping and styling from a glam squad that just made her look scary and plastic. All the fillers, Botox etc...whew...and the dog in the baby stroller...she's a real shit show. 

 

photo.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

I’d love to hear Oliver’s story from another point of view.  
And she obviously made up the abuse story against her ex. How low is that?  And what’s wrong with him that he can forgive that?

He's real loser...apparently he was hanging around where the show was shooting a few years ago trying to meet Danielle and ended up getting "lucky" with her. He has no job other than managing his mother's investments. Their relationship is weird and toxic. I really feel badly for her daughters who seem somewhat normal despite being brought up by a sick mother.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MV713 said:

 

photo.jpg

Boy, if that doesn't look just like her!  Dog in a stroller, and not to mention that long syringe of medicine she shot down that poor dogs throat!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I hate to be that guy, but, while Danielle was held 100% accountable for pulling Margaret's hair, where is this accountability towards Teresa and Marge herself? 

I don't condone violence but if someone throws wine and water to my face I'd retaliate, I'd probably get physical too. Let's not forget the women, triggered by Margaret, were talking shit about Danielle within earshot, that's why she confronted them all. 

Is Danielle innocent? Hell no! She's a loose cannon, and everyone knows that, so why poke the bear? If I have an enemy who I know is dangerous and probably suffers from some type of mental illness, why would I make it a point to antagonize him/her? It was just a matter of time before she did something crazy, and she did, not to mention she was triggered by Teresa. Actually, I bet Danielle felt pressured to do so after Teresa egged her on, and I bet everyone there (minus Jackie) would've followed Teresa's orders to get physical with someone. 

I guess my point is, if Danielle had to burn at the stake, they should've made room for Teresa, and probably they had to save a seat for Margaret too. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 8:25 PM, Emmeline said:

Why do people always ask if divorced women with children want to revert back to their maiden name?  I would imagine most moms keep the sur name that their children have.

Women should not be taking their husbands name in the first place. So archaic. I'd never change my name for a man.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 9:07 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I love Andy’s false dichotomy that he can’t sit Danielle next to him, because he’s got Teresa and Margaret on either side of him, and Danielle is likely to fight with both Teresa and Margaret.  Are Teresa and Margaret statues who can’t be moved?  I’m sure as hell not saying Danielle should get her way, but Andy is insulting everyone’s intelligence when he acts like he’s in a real life version of that riddle where you have a fox, a chicken and a sack of grain that you have to transport across a river on a boat that only fits two, and you can’t leave the fox with the chicken, or the chicken with the grain.  Like, just grow a pair and tell the bitch “no.”  

Margaret can miss me circling the wagons against Danielle.  Suddenly Jen has a “heart of gold” now that Margaret doesn’t want to fight a two-front war?  Fight a two-front war, bitch.  Teresa fought a four-front war seasons three to five.  And they wonder why Teresa owns this franchise!  

The stubborn asshole in me wants Teresa to refuse to completely denounce Danielle, because it continues to show Margaret’s weak underbelly in refusing to take a stand against Teresa.  Not Margaret the person, but Margaret’s weakness with regard to Teresa, is just as disgusting and ridiculous to me as the notion of Danielle.  They’re both so weak in character, have questionable motivations, and will say and do whatever the hell they think will benefit them, without any shame whatsoever.  

Danielle is so many horrible things that I can’t fully name them all, but damn, some shit must really have gone down with Margaret’s first marriage that it still keeps getting brought up by her cast mates, even though it happened long before the show.  This was no run-of-the-mill divorce.  Margaret should stop getting so involved in other people’s marriages.  Also...she should stop calling other people Granny.  Pot calling kettle, holy shit.  

The whole situation surrounding Danielle is so ugly.  She is such a damaged woman, and the show keeps picking her up and consensually dragging her every time they need some drama.  It’s like that really dysfunctional, disturbed couple who gets drunk and beats the shit out of each other.  No one comes out looking like the winner.  I don’t think this show is any better than Danielle by continuing to give her a platform from which to spew venom (and then everyone collectively clutches their pearls, which gives them their much-needed hit off the smug, superior peace pipe).

Um, Jacqueline Laurita?  Danielle didn’t “prosecute” your daughter; the prosecutor (you know, the one with the power of the state behind them) prosecuted your daughter because your daughter committed a violent crime.  Instead of drinking Bailey’s and parading your poor autistic son in front of the cameras, pick up a book, you horrid Easter Island statue of a woman.  

I thoroughly disagree with Jennifer that Danielle ratted out Teresa.  Melissa accused Danielle of being a bad influence on Danielle.  Is Danielle just supposed to sit there and take it?  This coming from a woman who instigates a fight between Dolores and Jackie about whether they’re friends on a happy vacation in Jamaica?  How is what Jennifer did to Dolores better?  I think it’s worse.  

Wow, Teresa might want to get a nip or a tuck from Dr Bill.  Her ass was looking like a fugly bag of smashed potatoes when she got up to hug Margaret.  

Agatha from Aurora (or whatever A-city that viewer was from, whose name Andy kept trying to say when Margaret and Danielle were bickering) literally got more air time than Jackie this installation. 

I hate how Andy keeps fetishisizing Teresa’s desire for a Jewish husband.  Would this be so titillating to Andy if Teresa said she is intent on marrying a Muslim man?  Or a Mexican man?  Like most of what is Andy Cohen, his attitude toward this is so hypocritical and sordid.  

Theresa has a fat ass and stumpy legs. No amt of exercise will fix it. Maybe they can plastic surgery some fat out of her ass but she'll always have ugly legs. Goes with her ugly heart.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 9:15 PM, TexasGal said:

Danielle’s face is really hard to look at.  Her overly spackled makeup also makes her skin look really bad. 

Everyone of them has some degree of fucked up face. My husband walked in the room when it was on and gasped and said "look at those women's faces, holy shit"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Women should not be taking their husbands name in the first place. So archaic. I'd never change my name for a man.

That’s a very personal decision and saying women should not be taking their husband’s name in the first place is just your opinion. 

I respect your opinion and your decision for yourself, but in my opinion, being a woman today means you have the option of keeping your last name, taking your husband’s last name, or both changing your name to something that suits you as a couple.
But today, us women have the freedom to make that decision for ourselves and we don’t have to take our husbands last name but there is nothing wrong with deciding to take his name name yourself - that is not archaic.
 

  • Like 17
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/19/2020 at 1:08 PM, mothmonsterman said:

It was really strange how quiet Jen got. 

It was so noticeable that I wondered if someone in production talked to her.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think Andy must have said something to them, that didn't air, about staying quiet while Danielle spoke, because, none of them, except Margaret, interrupted. Even then, Margaret had held her tongue until she had to say something, and she was part of the conversation. Maybe he offered them some kind of Chanel or Hamptons related incentive to keep quiet, or threatened not to offer them a contract for next season.

Obviously, they didn't agree to hold back on the facial expressions and eye rolling. I think they all pulled a muscle or 2.

Production gets an A this season -for showing the reactions, as well as narc'ing Tre out with the clips from the hair pull incident.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Andy did say something to them on camera about letting Bev have her say. I forget the exact wording, but it was addressed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I still think he said something, off air. They rolled their eyes at him when he asked that of them on air. I think, somehow, he laid down the line, which, to me, is so unlike him. Maybe he had just had enough of Danielle (or all of them) and her (their) ridiculousness, and wanted to get it over with?

I wonder how much hosting RH reunions has/will help(ed)) him in his parenting techniques and strategies. It's almost always effective to distract with bright shiny objects,... you know, things like that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/21/2020 at 2:25 PM, msrachelj said:

Women should not be taking their husbands name in the first place. So archaic. I'd never change my name for a man.

I think it’s nice for a family to have the same name- me, my kids and my husband.  Easiest way to do that is take his name.  I didn’t change my name “for a man.”

  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Production gets an A this season -for showing the reactions, as well as narc'ing Tre out with the clips from the hair pull incident.

YES! production in several of the Real Housewives shows have been awesome; especially in what actually makes it to air (i.e., RHOA Pointing with an arrow to Ken being Kenya).

 

3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I wonder how much hosting RH reunions has/will help(ed)) him in his parenting techniques and strategies. It's almost always effective to distract with bright shiny objects,... you know, things like that

Well maybe Andy (who I personal loathe but yet I continue to line his pocketbook...) learned something from being a parent. IMHO he actually did a good job of being in charge during this reunion. His last few outings to me were a total train wreck - he had no control at all. But this time he took charge, which is his job. So as someone who designs performance management for organizations he went from a 2  - on a 5 point scale (unsatisfactory) for the last few years to a 5 (excellent) this reunion.

For me, this was the only one across the all franchises in the last few years where he actually did do his job as host and moderator.

I wonder if him having a toddler and trying to be a parent made him aware that he has been working with toddlers (with lots of Botox) for the last few years and he is now saying “no” to a bunch of toddlers who are over 40 years of age.

I think his parenting techniques taught him how to deal with these women at the reunions.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's also possible the other women did say stuff when Danielle was on, and it was all edited out.

Share this post


Link to post

Could be all the wine I’m drinking while I Shelter in Place in California, but nutty as Danielle is, every now and then she hits on something. Telling people that if your friends hate you maybe you should find new friends rather than keep trying to win the argument isn’t the worst advise ever. As I said, it’s been a long week over here in CA. When Danielle is making sense you know our county is going through some shit.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Could be all the wine I’m drinking while I Shelter in Place in California, but nutty as Danielle is, every now and then she hits on something. Telling people that if your friends hate you maybe you should find new friends rather than keep trying to win the argument isn’t the worst advise ever. As I said, it’s been a long week over here in CA. When Danielle is making sense you know our county is going through some shit.

Does it comfort you to know that it took her 57 years to figure this out? 

 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/21/2020 at 6:43 PM, Stats Queen said:

That’s a very personal decision and saying women should not be taking their husband’s name in the first place is just your opinion. 

I respect your opinion and your decision for yourself, but in my opinion, being a woman today means you have the option of keeping your last name, taking your husband’s last name, or both changing your name to something that suits you as a couple.
But today, us women have the freedom to make that decision for ourselves and we don’t have to take our husbands last name but there is nothing wrong with deciding to take his name name yourself - that is not archaic.
 

That's your opinion. I was born with a name and , in my opinion, it seems to make you second class to take someone else's name. We are not property. 

15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think it’s nice for a family to have the same name- me, my kids and my husband.  Easiest way to do that is take his name.  I didn’t change my name “for a man.”

You kinda did. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

That's your opinion. I was born with a name and , in my opinion, it seems to make you second class to take someone else's name. We are not property. 

You kinda did. 

No, I did it for my kids.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Is it bad if I think Danielle's worst offense was giving Melissa an entree to this show?

Nope! And I didn’t even hate her this season, but with her comes Joe Gorga, who’s just gross, and never ending fights with Teresa about which one is the worst sister-in-law, which is just boring.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2020 at 6:24 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Is it bad if I think Danielle's worst offense was giving Melissa an entree to this show?

 

Make room for me on that train. Danielle should be held accountable for what she's done.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 5:25 PM, Emmeline said:

Why do people always ask if divorced women with children want to revert back to their maiden name?  I would imagine most moms keep the sur name that their children have.

I actually had someone ask me why I was still keeping my husband's name, since "I had left him"? Uh, because that our family name... wtf? Later I got some humour and joked that's what I paid him all that money for. But come on people, use common sense.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, FozzyBear said:

Nope! And I didn’t even hate her this season, but with her comes Joe Gorga, who’s just gross, and never ending fights with Teresa about which one is the worst sister-in-law, which is just boring.

I always hated how Joe would constantly sexualize Melissa. Always pawing at her, etc. Just a pig.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/19/2020 at 3:43 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

 but yet, it is somebody else's problem when she gets caught. 

She continues to whine about how unfair it is that Joe is being torn away from his family, his girls... She talks as though some outside enemy is punishing her family. Joe and Tre brought this upon themselves. And if he was too proud of an Italian to  bother becoming an American citizen, then he got what he wanted. To be back in his homeland.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, SweetieDarling said:

I still think he said something, off air. They rolled their eyes at him when he asked that of them on air. I think, somehow, he laid down the line, which, to me, is so unlike him.

This was the first time that Andy did something I had always wished for, but never got to see. He confronted someone's infantile demands, and said, "Sorry, this is how it's going to be and you can choose to join us, or not". Loved it!! Danielle making seating demands because she's an OG, when no one gives a shit? Then she appears after just saying she wasn't going on set if she wasn't beside Andy. Idiot!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, msrachelj said:

That's your opinion. I was born with a name and , in my opinion, it seems to make you second class to take someone else's name. We are not property. 

You kinda did. 

This made me giggle. Thanks to my age and my wedding experience(s) I NEVER looked at changing my name as a) shouldn't do it because I was born with X name, or b) need to change my name because I was now property of a man. Nah, I am too self-absorbed/vain to think that far ahead. I've always looked at last names  like clothing to try on, and if I like it, I take it. Hated my maiden name, so was thrilled to change it at no cost. Disliked my second hubby's name so kept the 1st one, and for consistency with my son. After marrying hubby #3, we all (kids as well) changed our names to his because he had the best name of all, and we appreciated that he had the best character of them all. So we all (kid from X, kid from Y and kids from Z) decided to take it on 3rd hubby's name. So does that mean everyone is MY property because I determined the final legal experience? LOL, Awesome, I sure hope so... Anyhow, marriage 3 happened 25+ years ago. As Iggy Pop would sing, "I'm a real wild child..."

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Chalby said:

This made me giggle. Thanks to my age and my wedding experience(s) I NEVER looked at changing my name as a) shouldn't do it because I was born with X name, or b) need to change my name because I was now property of a man. Nah, I am too self-absorbed/vain to think that far ahead. I've always looked at last names  like clothing to try on, and if I like it, I take it. Hated my maiden name, so was thrilled to change it at no cost. Disliked my second hubby's name so kept the 1st one, and for consistency with my son. After marrying hubby #3, we all (kids as well) changed our names to his because he had the best name of all, and we appreciated that he had the best character of them all. So we all (kid from X, kid from Y and kids from Z) decided to take it on 3rd hubby's name. So does that mean everyone is MY property because I determined the final legal experience? LOL, Awesome, I sure hope so... Anyhow, marriage 3 happened 25+ years ago. As Iggy Pop would sing, "I'm a real wild child..."

Thank you!

I changed my name for my first husband who actually thought I was his property that he could abuse at will. I never went to change it at the social security office because I just knew something was wrong. I got out of that relationship alive and happy to keep my maiden name. I made that choice because it is what you did as a good Catholic divorce.

When I married my second husband (almost 25 years now), I chose to take his name because it was something that I WANTED TO DO and I do not regret it at all. If I chose to keep my maiden name he would have married me anyway. My maiden name is Johnson, and his last name wasn’t as common - so that was novel for me.

A name is what you make of it.

52EEBC4D-12DA-4E6E-8DB1-E49812443902.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I actually had someone ask me why I was still keeping my husband's name, since "I had left him"? Uh, because that our family name... wtf? Later I got some humour and joked that's what I paid him all that money for. But come on people, use common sense.

I always hated how Joe would constantly sexualize Melissa. Always pawing at her, etc. Just a pig.

Didn't he try to have sex with her in a public bathroom in the Bahamas?  Not exactly fun, dirty and uncomfortable, ick.

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Didn't he try to have sex with her in a public bathroom in the Bahamas?  Not exactly fun, dirty and uncomfortable, ick.

Exactly! Good (unfortunately) memory! I remember feeling so uncomfortable, and embarrassed, for her during that. I could never last in a marriage if my husband kept pawing at me in public, demanding sex on the spot. Ick factor times 1000.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 9:19 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Word to Margaret needing to keep out of other people's marriages. I'd like to add shutting up about any ideas of morality between men and women at all. Her house is made up of some cheap glass.

This, this, this and this!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I already decided if Margaret comes back next season, I’m going to be checking for her.  She presented herself as the take no prisoners Joan Rivers type, but looking back at the time she joined the show, it was super easy to slide in against Siggy, who was unhinged. It was kind of like how Siggy joining the show was a breath of fresh air, because when Siggy came on, Jacqueline was losing her shit. 

As soon as Teresa didn’t need Margaret to fight a battle, Margaret kind of collapsed in on herself like a dying star. She’s shown some nasty, weak, immature and abrasive traits that have been quite disappointing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size