Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Strangers: Part Two

• Start Topic

Just now, greekmom said:

Didn't he say at the 40th birthday party that his fiancee was ill and lying down?

Ah, I did forget about that! Fair point. Nonetheless, that’s a lot of lapsed time between now and the scene years into the future. He could’ve married someone else, too.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Belle Fleures said:

Considering how much the Big Three worship Saint Jack, Randall really bit down when he told Kevin that their father died being utterly ashamed of him. My jaw hit the floor at that point. That was such a low blow, and such a blatant LIE, that Kevin responded in kind -- though not with a lie, but with a truth deep in his heart that had never been spoken until this point.

Yeah, except that it wasn’t. They were babies. They were just trying to wound the other imo. To have such nice parents, they are mean, selfish a holes.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Also, why do people think Kevin is married to Madison? Just because she’s the father of his children doesn’t mean that they’re married. It isn’t 1950. There’s a reason that they haven’t shown his wife, IMO.

I think she may be because Kevin is a romantic.

• Love 3

10 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Ah, I did forget about that! Fair point. Nonetheless, that’s a lot of lapsed time between now and the scene years into the future. He could’ve married someone else, too.

Yes, but those twins looked pretty young, how far into the future is it?The kids don't look like they could be more than 10, but everyone else seems to have aged decades. Is the boy playing Kevin's son even the same actor as who they showed last year?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 12

I don't see Kevin and Madison married.  She said she hardly knew him, except that he comes from a great love story, and he said some rude dismissive things to her about their one-night stand before he had his blowout with Randall and his instantaneous revelation that he would be devoting himself to fatherhood.  Not a love story, not what I would want if I were Madison.  They showed us Cassidy and Sophie, why bother if they're not possibilities.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I think Randall went too far. I can’t believe I ever liked him. What a jerk!!!

No no no. You don't tell an adopted sibling that their adoption was a mistake. Period. Randall was wrong, but he was also truthful. Jack was ashamed of Kevin during that time. Kevin has consistently been an asshole most of his life.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, but those twins looked pretty young, how far into the future is it?The kids don't look like they could be more than 10, but everyone else seems to have aged decades. Is the boy playing Kevin's son even the same actor as who they showed last year?

I don’t think so. He looked younger to me.  And Kevin too old for maybe an 8 year old? 

• Love 3

I liked this finale but that fight between Kevin and Randall was intense. I was shouting at Kevin to punch Randall after the comment about "Jack died ashamed". Kevin's comment really was low too but I really don't see where the brothers go from there. I also find it sad that Miguel seemed to support the St. Louis trial...

I would have loved more Nicky...

• Love 16

You know after season 1 when Randall was so beloved and had this wonderful image I just knew they were not gonna let a black man hold on to that. They have deconstructed him into a mess lol.  Those things that him and Kevin said to each other was a long time coming, sure they have had moments but the have never been good with each other. When Kevin said that Randall was the worst thing that ever happened I know he meant that based off the way he treated Randall when they were growing up. I don't see them really coming back from the things they said and I don't know if they should. 

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

so it's a logical assumption he's married to his kids' mother.

Not all people who get engaged get down the aisle.  And not all people who get married stay that way.   I think the jury is still out on this.  And I say this as somebody who is rooting for Madison.  I  think the wife will be Sophie.  Maddison will end up with doctor horse daughter.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

I think In the future Kate is dead.   During the flash forward from last season Toby mentioned that “Jack and Kate were on their way”.   I think the adopted daughter may be named Kate as well.   

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Time to play one of our favorite This is Us game:

"Who the hell are these people?" 

Yes, exactly! 🙂  I thought the girl in the art museum was somehow related to Rebecca's interest in that painting of the lady.  And I could not figure out how the girl with the horse & her Father fit it....then we see he is Madison's doctor & I wonder if the daughter shows up in Madison & Kevin's future?

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are we supposed to spend the summer speculating who the man and daughter with the horse belong to? 

The man was the baby doctor for Madison, but I wonder if there will be more to that story with the daughter?

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 5

There is an old song that incorporates the line, "You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Rebecca should definitely take that to heart and maybe even included her husband in her decision ( wow, what a novel idea !). But she should decide whether to do the trial or spend that time with her family. Not Kevin and certainly not Randall. It's fine for Randall to give his opinion, but the way he did the whole thing last week was wrong.

As for Kevin and what he said to Randall this week, well that was wrong also but he was totally provoked into that, I think, and I doubt he would have ever said shit like to Randall if Randall hadn't said such awful things first, and also done the crap he did with Mom.  Kevin has always some impulse issues , and lashing out like that just proves that. If Randall was as perfect as *HE* thinks he is, he wouldn't have said what he did. But he isn't, he just doesn't know it.

Man, what a mess.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, leftlane said:

No no no. You don't tell an adopted sibling that their adoption was a mistake. Period. Randall was wrong, but he was also truthful. Jack was ashamed of Kevin during that time. Kevin has consistently been an asshole most of his life.

That post you just responded too means the mission is complete.

Randall=bad guy

Kevin=good guy 

For people who have been really paying attention this narrative started in season 2.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are we supposed to spend the summer speculating who the man and daughter with the horse belong to? 

He's Madison’s doctor. That red-haired girl is his daughter, but I don’t know if they’ll have a bigger role next season. 

• Love 2

So, Kevin’s baby mama is Madison.

Crap, crap, crap.

Both brothers said horrible things to each other. What a sad situation.

i love Dr. Major Dad, but I feel like he was wasted in this episode. 

I’m glad “Baby Jack” has a sister. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Evie said:

Both Kevin and Randall said horrible things.

Madison is the mom, but I think Sophie will be future Kevin's wife.

They were both obviously wrong but I think what Kevin said cuts a little deeper. He basically told Randall his entire existence is a bad thing. And for somebody like Randall who would feel out of place for many reasons as it is.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Yep, that's what we will all be doing 🙂  The Man with the horse left to go to work & we see him put on a white doctor coat & then walk in to talk to Madison.  He encourages Madison to talk to the Father & then quotes what his daughter said about the horse "let him go free".

• Love 9

Wow!  That confrontation between Kevin and Randall was absolutely brutal!  Randall knocked Kevin down with the line about him not saving their father and chasing Randall’s shadow, but Kevin came back strong with the knockout punch line about the worst moment in his life being when they brought Randall home. No wonder they end up not talking to each other.  Justin Hartley really hung in with SKB in that scene.

Since future Kevin’s twins appear to be about nine or ten, Rebecca must really deteriorate rather quickly. And I guess they finally killed off poor unappreciated Miquel.

Please don’t have future Nicky’s wedding ring mean he ends up marrying Rebecca. I’d rather he end up with Jennifer Morrison’s character.

And how long do you think they’ll string us along about who Kevin ends up marrying?  Would they pair him up with Madison or go back to the Sophie well a few more times?

Poor Kate became just about invisible over the last half of the season. Her son and best friend have become more important characters for future storylines than apparently she will be. 

• Love 16

Speaking of selfish, awful behavior - Madison was completely in the wrong for telling Kevin she was pregnant at that moment. 

When you show up to a party for your friend's child, and it's clear that something upsetting has just happened, and then the father of your child actually tells you it's a terrible time to talk, you don't spring it on him that he's about to be a dad.

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, MissT said:

I think In the future Kate is dead.   During the flash forward from last season Toby mentioned that “Jack and Kate were on their way”.   I think the adopted daughter may be named Kate as well.   

The daughter's name is Hailey, and he said "they are on the way".

• Useful 7
  • Love 5

I really liked the storyline exploring Rebecca's sadness over losing one of her babies at birth, I think that affected how she treated Randall, he was replacing her dead baby.   And then in a parallel storyline, we see Kate going back to the NICU where she nearly lost baby Jack & feeling sadness over what her baby had to overcome.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Runningwild said:

Kevin was being truthful. Think how much better his life would have been without Randall sucking up all the attention. 

But it's not Randall's fault, because you cannot blame a baby for being abandoned, and then adopted.  So the comment was directed at the wrong person.  He shouldn't be taking that shit to Randall.  He should be seeing a therapist.  His anger is misplaced and fucked up.

I actually liked Miguel, but admittedly he didn't really do anything.  Maybe that's what I liked.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, slasherboy said:

I apparently missed something. How do we know Nicky is married?

He was wearing a ring, and I am wondering if he is either A) married to Rebecca or B) playing along and wearing a ring because she thinks he is Jack. 

• Useful 20
  • Love 3

I'm thinking Rebecca will withdraw from the trial now that Kevin Jrs are on the way and Toby and Kate are adopting. I think that will cause the "not speaking" between Randall and Rebecca/Kate. Obviously the fight started the rift between Kevin and Randall

• Useful 8
  • Love 7