Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Love Her, Boy

• Start Topic

Kyle surprises Amanda with a shocking answer to a simple question; Luke revs up his courtship of Hannah with a motorcycle ride as Jules tries to break through a sexual roadblock; Carl and Lindsay try to move forward with new flings of their own.

Airs March 18, 2020.

Why does Carl have that stupid smile on his face most of the time?  It just seems designed to either piss someone off when he's arguing with them (like Lindsay) or get him out of trouble when he's backing out of something he's already agreed to (like having Sara come to the Summer House).  He is just the creepiest guy - and he has been since he first appeared - there's been no change in his behaviour.

• Love 17

If you know someone who doesn’t understand gaslighting, show them Carl’s tx of Lindsey. What an asshole.

kyle & Amanda depress me.

Jules seriously depresses me.

I continue to think that much of this behavior is due to the scarcity of available het guys in NYC? Jesus, to have to settle for a. Kyle, a drunk child, b. Carl, borderline sociopath, or c. Jordan, gay/unable/unwilling to have sex with a woman?! 😓

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 13

I believe Jordan’s ED is just a storyline. We all know these people are fourth rate actors and they probably each make about $150,000 to appear on this show. After tax Deductions, $150,000 isn’t much money in New York.

Imagine how Lindsey's head will explode after Danielle makes out with Carl?

Amanda, please run away.  Do not quit your job for him.  He needs to hire a creative director or do the social media himself.  He hired Carl to do sales so...

Yes, Luke is a fuckboy but at least he's entertaining. 

Hannah has confidence, confidence is attractive. 

• Love 10

So here’s my weekly plea for Kyle and Amanda to break up. Please guys break up. You are that terrible couple everyone knows who brings out the worst in each other. If you go through with this marriage you are fully going to become Shannon and David from The Real Housewives of OC with Amanda becoming more histrionic and using THE AFFAIR as some sort of emotional Get Out Of Jail Free Card whenever her insecurities become viscous and Kyle becoming more and more distant and callous and using Amanda's never ending demands for attention as an excuse to continue cheating. Please guys, I don’t actually hate either of you individually but that fight was two very drunk, very unhappy people making unreasonable demands on each other and it’s going to keep happening. JUST BREAKUP!

So let’s see if I’ve got Carl’s world.

Lindsey raising her voice and becoming angry when hearing that someone she had actual feelings for is planning to parade around his latest hope of a conquest in a house they share for the weekend without ever talking to Lindsay about it. That’s Lindsay being crazy and causing drama.

Carl physically attacking Luke because Luke texted a girl about rock climbing that Carl barely knows and hasn’t actually dated yet. That’s justified and no big deal because that’s how he likes to roll on boys night.

Welcome to misogyny and gaslighting everyone!!!! Also, how dare you make me feel sorry for Lindsey. How dare you!

Best part of the episode was watching Sara catch all the red flags about Carl’s manipulative narcissism and decide to just call it a night. That was a thing of beauty.

I still think Jules and Jordon are oddly cute together.

Paige is still phoning it in. But if she’s just trying to cash a Bravo paycheck with as little hassle as possible, I can’t be mad at that.

I still don’t care about the saga of Luke and Hannah.

• Love 21

Can we talk about Luke and the motorcycle?  Me thinks someone watched too many of mommy’s Sex and the City DVD’s (he is too young to have watched it real time), and cultivated his persona for Summer House.  He’s a weird mash up of Berger, Aiden and Smith.  I see you, FLUKE!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Jordan’s Erectile dysfunction has to be a storyline. Why would any guy be part of a tv show and want the world to know of his difficulties? We all know these people are fifth rate actors, and each of them probably needs the $150,000 salary, for appearing on this show, badly. In New York $150,000 isn’t much after the tax deductions.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, APK said:

Jordan’s Erectile dysfunction has to be a storyline. Why would any guy be part of a tv show and want the world to know of his difficulties? We all know these people are fifth rate actors, and each of them probably needs the $150,000 salary, for appearing on this show, badly. In New York $150,000 isn’t much after the tax deductions.

Jordan’s not a regular so he isn’t making close to $150k. I doubt any of them are because their seasons tend to be short. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So here’s my weekly plea for Kyle and Amanda to break up. Please guys break up. 

She finally got the clue that he wants her to quit her job and be completely dependent on him.  GIRL, YOU IN DANGER!

So let’s see if I’ve got Carl’s world.

Lindsey raising her voice and becoming angry when hearing that someone she had actual feelings for is planning to parade around his latest hope of a conquest in a house they share for the weekend without ever talking to Lindsay about it. That’s Lindsay being crazy and causing drama.

How could she sleep with him after he asked someone else out????????

Carl physically attacking Luke because Luke texted a girl about rock climbing that Carl barely knows and hasn’t actually dated yet. That’s justified and no big deal because that’s how he likes to roll on boys night.

So stupid!

Welcome to misogyny and gaslighting everyone!!!! Also, how dare you make me feel sorry for Lindsey. How dare you!

🤣

Best part of the episode was watching Sara catch all the red flags about Carl’s manipulative narcissism and decide to just call it a night. That was a thing of beauty.

Finally!  A normal person shows up.

These people are as immature as a group of junior high kids.  Most of them are in their late 30s.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3

When I first watched Summer House, I quickly noticed that this cast had far too much disposable income... (joking). Actually, I initially found them to be semi-interesting, but a tad too dramatic during the first season.

Now that we are all acquainted with the major players, does anyone else find these characters stagnating in their maturation? It feels like none of these people are 'growing up' and working towards any personal goals.

Well, Kyle is, but he is so unappealing. I admire his work ethic, but I feel like his emotional core had been stunted at age 16. What man in his 30s needs to urinate in the bushes/hedge despite numerous available washrooms? Why is he so obsessed with how many times he and Amanda have sex? And why is he even discussing this with others, while making Amanda feel there is something wrong with her sexuality?

These two have only just moved in together, and already he's complaining. Did Kyle assume that once Amanda moved in, HIS daily schedule would dictate her working during the day, focusing on Lover-boy after work, attending to the cooking and cleaning, AND making herself sexually available in the evening? It doesn't work that way, Kyle. Just because a warm female body moved in with you, does not mean you get to schedule her behaviour as you see fit.

Kyle is so judgemental and demanding, all while pouting like a teenager which shows me he is far too immature to live with anyone, let alone marry her. Run away Amanda.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 7

So, in Kyle's mind, everything would be perfect if Amanda would just quit her job so she can devote all of her time to the company? If the business was owned by both of them, I could see where it would be a fair ask, but I haven't heard anything to make me think that's the case. Also, having one steady income is probably a good idea, at least while waiting for the product to take off. Other than that, it sounds like a great idea to basically put him in complete control of her life. 

• Love 3
On 3/17/2020 at 4:54 PM, CopperHuedHoosier said:

Ok. Can we please address something?

WHY DOES BERNER THINK SHE'S SO HOT?

That girls eye, and then the teef. She looks like special ed's(crank yankers) twin.

There are times when I see Hannah and think wow she is pretty and then other times I'm like dayum she has a weird face. It makes me think of the episode of Seinfeld where he was dating a woman who looked different depending on the lighting or location. 

• Love 6