Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Giant Misfit

COVID-19: This Topic Requires No Social Distancing

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

A man in Spain disobeyed quarantine whilst in a dinosaur costume.  It’s so wrong that he did this, but the video made me giggle  (the music!)

I mean, as long as he has his head on, the costume probably offers him and whoever he interacts with a bit of protect, wouldn't you think?

2 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Of course, we, each, live in 300 square foot dark apartments. Very claustrophobic.😩  We're used to walking miles every day, going out to eat most days, not staying in our dark little dungeons. And, going to work. 

This is the first time I wish I were in the burbs in a house with a yard.☺ 

It's funny, once upon a time there would be nothing I wanted to do more than go home after a long week and not leave my house. Now, the walks I take have been so valuable to my mental and physical health. 

Being in the suburbs is a bonus at this time.  I don't have a big yard but it's pretty easy to get out and maintain a good distance between me and other walkers (except for the other day when I almost ran into someone because the sun blinded me).  I just tend to avoid busy parks and walk through neighborhoods instead. 

46 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

My father is in his early 60s and in reasonably good health, but trying to get him to take precautions is futile as well. He and my mother live in Germany, where there have been many more cases per capita than in the US, but he continues to go to work (even though he has plenty of accrued vacation time) and is really lax about precautions. He refuses to use hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes "because they only weaken the immune system in the long term." My mother is the same age but is at a higher risk due to high blood pressure, so she has taken time off her job, but they live in the same household, so she's still in danger of contracting the virus through him. He doesn't seem to understand that at all, and keeps making jokes like there's more panic in Germany now than during the WWII bombings. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I mean, as long as he has his head on, the costume probably offers him and whoever he interacts with a bit of protect, wouldn't you think?

Oh, I’m sure, but the police probably had to make an example of him, otherwise the streets could be overrun with T-Rexes, polar bears and giant cats.

• Laugh 10

10 hours ago, Dani said:

I agree. I’m very appreciative that my governor and local leaders are reacting quickly. 

I admit I know very little about Southern Hemisphere weather patterns but isn’t it early autumn there.

There is one study that suggest heat and humidity might slow the spread but it’s still too soon to know. 

Right. Autumn is supposed to start March 20 in South Africa but it’s still low to mid 80s where my dad lives. And low 80s in Johannesburg. I’m worried for the people of South Africa and fully support them closing their borders to all foreign nationals. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

I am kind of missing my favorite diner spots and the good Italian food places we use to venture to. I know they are doing takeouts, but it is not same. We have been lately doing our own food. I think that is a good thing. But I have been very careful not to order any diner food. Pizza we could do, but the rest like Italian, Spanish, etc. I have been very hesitant. Which reminds me, how are all those popular spots like Tartine's, Carmine's, and all the rest are doing so far in the city?  I am from Westchester.

One of my fave local dining spots posted that it would offer take out service but within two days, it posted another sign saying it was CLOSED due to this pandemic. It's been around for more than two decades and has been a mainstay for my part of the city during all this time so I'm hoping that   the owner (who has five different spots in the city) will somehow be able to keep this  operation afloat (even in a dormant state) until our area makes it to the other side but I'm not sure he can. Oh, yeah and he and his staff have been good friends to me down the years (e.g. giving me   a large number of my favorite cookie when they found out my father died a few years back). As sad it is for me that it's not available for  my friends and me, it's troubling  to think that all these folks are evidently without new incomes for the foreseeable future (e.g. the owner whom I've known for about a quarter century has two children getting close to college age).

In any case, what I think I will do for the spots around town that are STILL open (especially the locally owned ones who have no national chain to fall back on), I'll get as much take out as my schedule permits (which would help my frozen dinners to last and, in turn would avoid my having to tap onto my canned good cache). 

I know that there are MANY jobs and positions out there in the service and entertainment industries that are in danger of becoming permanently going belly up and I can't save them all but I don't think it would hurt to help as many as possible as long as I can (since I have a job in the medical field that will keep providing me a steady income). 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

A man in Spain disobeyed quarantine whilst in a dinosaur costume.  It’s so wrong that he did this, but the video made me giggle  (the music!)

Oh, thank you so much for posting this.  I couldn't stop laughing, watching a copper lecture a dinosaur (and after Mr Dinosaur obediently used the crosswalk--sheesh).

• Like 5

A friend of mine just had a great idea - to get gift cards from local restaurants, and give them to people in the community- like families who are impacted by the layoffs.  Every person (like myself) who has job security right now, knows somebody who doesn’t.  And bonus- I get to help my favorite diner stay in business.

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, raven said:

a PSA from Max and Mel Brooks

He definitely has the spitting image of both Mel and Anne. He is like a combination of both parents.

7 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

A friend of mine just had a great idea - to get gift cards from local restaurants, and give them to people in the community- like families who are impacted by the layoffs.  Every person (like myself) who has job security right now, knows somebody who doesn’t.  And bonus- I get to help my favorite diner stay in business.

You know, that's a great idea. Thanks.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Oh, I’m sure, but the police probably had to make an example of him, otherwise the streets could be overrun with T-Rexes, polar bears and giant cats.

I just want to make sure I'm understanding the situation, this would be a bad thing, right? 😀

• Laugh 19

58 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

He definitely has the spitting image of both Mel and Anne. He is like a combination of both parents.

You know, that's a great idea. Thanks.

Thanks for posting that Max Brooks video!  I've been meaning to find a good way to link to the Facebook version for awhile.

Nice to buy the gift cards, also organizations like City Harvest and Feeding America are devoting resources to underserved people who need food even more right now.

Best wishes to everyone, hope you and your families will be well.

Edited by roseha · Reason: fixed typo
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Oh, thank you so much for posting this.  I couldn't stop laughing, watching a copper lecture a dinosaur (and after Mr Dinosaur obediently used the crosswalk--sheesh).

I was the music that took it over the top for me. I was laugh crying!

The current situation reminds me a bit of the horrible winter of 2015 when my area got well over 100 inches of snow in about a month. My street didn’t even get plowed after the last 2 storms. I worked from home for a month because the commute was so horrible. I had a total meltdown one night when my internet went down. The uncertainty of everything this time is what makes it worse for me. 

• Like 7

So tomorrow is my birthday and I'm going to try to keep positive even though this sucks. I'm still getting cake and pizza from the East Lansing Pizza House even if I can't eat there like I wanted.

But it's really hard not to bitter when I think about how psyched I was to see Mulan. I wonder when they're going to reschedule or if they'll put it up on streaming like Onward...

I miss the movie theater.

• Like 10

Not everyone gets a fever, or has a high fever, they’re finding out.

I had coughing, heavy breathing (hard to describe), my head felt like a bowling ball, very sleepy too, but my fever never got above 100, so they wouldn’t test me, or even let me come in to the office.  No sinus issues or phlegm, either.  The nurse PA said to assume I have it and isolate.  If my fever gets over 101 or I can’t breathe, then go to the ER.

But I did go to work last week, except Fri, even tho I was coughing & sleepy & had that headache.  So hopefully everyone else is okay at work.

ETA:  Ohio just became the 6th state to order residents at home.

Edited by roamyn
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

So tomorrow is my birthday and I'm going to try to keep positive even though this sucks. I'm still getting cake and pizza from the East Lansing Pizza House even if I can't eat there like I wanted.

But it's really hard not to bitter when I think about how psyched I was to see Mulan. I wonder when they're going to reschedule or if they'll put it up on streaming like Onward...

I miss the movie theater.

Happy pre-birthday, @Spartan Girl!  Sounds like you are making the best of it, which is all you can do.

• Like 4

Happy early birthday, @Spartan Girl!  I miss the movies, too.  I bought popcorn at the store this week so I could pretend, but home popcorn is never as good as movie popcorn.

• Like 5

Would a separate topic (in the Everything Else TV sub-forum) about how production delays created by the crisis are going to affect summer, fall and possibly even next winter's TV and movies be a good idea?  Parts of that kind of talk could have gone into the Pilots forum, because the worst effects will be on TV pilots, but really this is going to affect ALL shows and movies, period, be they new or returning.

• Like 4

As a warning o Seniors. Please read the actual policy by stores opening early for Seniors to shop.

Some of these stores are combining the early shopping for Seniors with First responders because they are apparently morons (example, Kroger).

I have nothing but respect for the first responders dealing with this but its probably not the greatest idea to make sure that they and Seniors go to the grocery store at the same time.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 1

That's probably true. My mother (in her 80s) told me that my brother is not visiting her right now because he is the fire chief. Presumably his daughter, a police officer, is also not going over there (and quite likely his wife and other daughter as well). So she's seen a neighbor's granddaughter, who went to the store for her, and my other brother's daughter, who lives next door to my mom.

She's mostly concerned about passing something to her neighbor, though, not at all about getting sick herself. But she's staying in because my brother made her promise to.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

Happy pre-birthday, @Spartan Girl!  Sounds like you are making the best of it, which is all you can do.

28 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Happy early birthday, @Spartan Girl!  I miss the movies, too.  I bought popcorn at the store this week so I could pretend, but home popcorn is never as good as movie popcorn.

Thanks guys. Yeah, watching movies at home aren't the same without that big screen and movie popcorn/snacks. But when this is over I will be hauling ass to the movie theater regardless of whatever is playing. I'm actually making a list of all the things I'm going to do: spend a crapload at the mall, go to the libraries, a ton of restaurants (not all at once), see my friends...

• Like 8

Adding to the happy early birthday wishes, @Spartan Girl. I hope your day is a good one, despite all the issues, and yes, when this all passes and things start getting back to normal, I definitely second the idea of you treating yourself to all the stuff you couldn't do at this time :). 

2 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

My COVID-19 test came back negative, so I’m happy that my symptoms were in fact for a sinus infection. My daughter has been diagnosed with walking pneumonia. We both are now on various meds, but have been told to continue isolation for another week. While both of us feel pretty bad, it could have been much worse news. 

Good to hear your test came back negative, though I'm sorry to hear you and your daughter still aren't feeling well. I hope you both have a speedy recovery. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, roamyn said:

Ohio just became the 6th state to order residents at home.

I imagine it will be everywhere there are any population centers.

I have no editorial comment on these national press conferences other than they're very hard to watch.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Would a separate topic (in the Everything Else TV sub-forum) about how production delays created by the crisis are going to affect summer, fall and possibly even next winter's TV and movies be a good idea?  Parts of that kind of talk could have gone into the Pilots forum, because the worst effects will be on TV pilots, but really this is going to affect ALL shows and movies, period, be they new or returning.

I don't know how much traffic it would really get.  I would imagine most of the discussion (if any) would end up in the forums for each show.  

Although, I briefly wondered today why every movie on TV was about a dystopian future.  But I don't really have much more on that topic than "damn it,  I need a break from this before the work week starts, and avoidance as a coping mechanism is impossible, and I can't even watch a  movie".

I'm kind of spinning out right now about how this has pulled back the curtain on how precarious everything in life is.

Its really not helping that every contact I have with the outside world is talking about the virus or the impact of the virus in some form or fashion.  I just can't take it anymore right now. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

What is the music from? It sounds like music that figure skaters use at competitions. I love this video of Mr. Dinosaur vs The Law 🤠🦖

• Laugh 2

I don't understand why Amazon doesn't realize that my chocolate/toffee order from England is actually a necessity and vital to my mental health, and should thus receive super-Priority handling.  😉 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 14

So I've resigned myself to catching COVID-19 at some point. My girlfriend is an anaesthetist, working front line in the NHS and the chances of her catching it are as close to a certainty as anything. The hospital she works at had only had a handful of patients as of Friday, but a friend who lives near to it said they've got tents up in the grounds now, which does not bode well.

I've never seen my girlfriend so worried about something at work. Not for herself, but for the way it's being dealt with - a lack of coordinated response, lack of safety equipment, the knock on effects of staff attrition, budget squeezes and a public service being run at over 100% of capacity for years. And on top of all that, a mismanaged government strategy that initially banked on herd immunity, before they realised how many people would die, which has slowly backtracked into what they should have done a fortnight ago, when the spread might have been controllable. She's working twelve hour shifts for the next two days, which will probably end up being fourteen hours, minimum.

Meanwhile, there are thousands of people just not taking any of this seriously. People who were still going to the pub up until Friday night, people going to beaches and massing in parks because the sun is out, And on the other end of the scale, the hoarders are buying up everything they can in supermarkets, even mobbing stores that were trying to limit the first hour of the day to emergency service staff only. So much for everyone mucking together and cooperating. Human beings are terrible.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Like 12
  • Sad 10

From a media perspective, I prefer the national press conferences along with local because I get to decide how to absorb the information before it is transmorgified by the media. I can then do my own research from looking at, for example the CDC and department of education (national and the local elementary school site) or calling my local grocery stores (which have been fantastic in this county), for more information about what was said. If you (general you) watch the press conferences and skip the after conference media working to harness their own narratives about what is happening you will probably start feeling a bit better about what is going on in the coming days and weeks. NY is not my area but I have been watching Cuomo because it seems like if they can get a handle on this then the rest of the country is going to be much better off than if they spiral.  It is hard to not get caught up in the 24/7 news cycle but I think if there is a media distancing as well as the social distancing so many people will be surprised at how much better they will be coping during this time. Pace yourselves, it works.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

What is the music from? It sounds like music that figure skaters use at competitions. I love this video of Mr. Dinosaur vs The Law 🤠🦖

It's the score  from Jurassic Park .  Tonya Harding did use it for her long program at the Olympics in 1994

Edited by shoregirl
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

10 hours ago, Blergh said:

One of my fave local dining spots posted that it would offer take out service but within two days, it posted another sign saying it was CLOSED due to this pandemic. It's been around for more than two decades and has been a mainstay for my part of the city during all this time so I'm hoping that   the owner (who has five different spots in the city) will somehow be able to keep this  operation afloat (even in a dormant state) until our area makes it to the other side but I'm not sure he can.

It must be incredibly difficult to keep a restaurant running even in a takeout-only capacity. It still requires several people gathering, and in a small restaurant kitchen there's probably no way for everyone to stay at least six feet away from each other. It must also be hard to predict how many orders they'll get each day because there's no past data to extrapolate from; if they buy more perishable food than they get to cook for orders, that's a big financial hit as well. It's truly a "between a rock and a hard place" situation.

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Kromm said:

Would a separate topic (in the Everything Else TV sub-forum) about how production delays created by the crisis are going to affect summer, fall and possibly even next winter's TV and movies be a good idea?

You can use this thread. I tweaked the title to include "on hiatus."

• Useful 2

2 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

From a media perspective, I prefer the national press conferences along with local because I get to decide how to absorb the information before it is transmorgified by the media. I can then do my own research from looking at, for example the CDC and department of education (national and the local elementary school site) or calling my local grocery stores (which have been fantastic in this county), for more information about what was said. If you (general you) watch the press conferences and skip the after conference media working to harness their own narratives about what is happening you will probably start feeling a bit better about what is going on in the coming days and weeks. NY is not my area but I have been watching Cuomo because it seems like if they can get a handle on this then the rest of the country is going to be much better off than if they spiral.  It is hard to not get caught up in the 24/7 news cycle but I think if there is a media distancing as well as the social distancing so many people will be surprised at how much better they will be coping during this time. Pace yourselves, it works.

My problem, without getting into specifics that might cross a line, is that, to be honest, I don't believe some of what I'm told in the national press conferences.  I'm not arguing about the why of it--just stating that I have that experience.   Local is a bit sketchy too, because the organization level is a bit lacking, but that's understandable due to this being beyond the normal capabilities of a typical mayor/town council. The best official info I've seen is coming from the State level, with the County level being at least okay too. There are exceptions--I don't live in Florida, but I know a lot of people are very frustrated with the State level leadership there and how they are handing this--but the flip side is that some of the County level is stepping up there instead.  

Some stuff people absolutely aren't going to be ready for, no matter what the leaders say.  I don't think most people have internalized yet how inflated prices are going to become. Prices of stuff is going to go up, and to a large extent many of those prices will never come down.  Most of that will happen a few months from now, but even short term people should notice that when they DO have to visit their local grocery store that prices are already climbing.  Some stores will cleverly try to hide that by still claiming certain things are on sale... but the sale will be far less lucrative than ones a month ago.  Or will reflect a general price markup and a discount off of THAT. 

Aside from already noticing price changes on a lot of kinds of goods on my last two grocery visits--probably my last for another month at least--the worst was meat, and specifically on today's visit.  The store HAD meat, unlike some others.  But even the traditionally cheap meats were 5.99 per pound, 6.99, 7.99 etc.  For stuff like hamburger meat, chicken parts, etc.  And that was the SALE price, with the non-sale price on the tag being like a dollar higher on many of them.  And I know this likely JUST happened at this store, because I found one package where they probably forgot to change the label and it had a totally different price on it.  So it was pork ribs for like 3.49 a pound, and all the other packages of various pork cuts (even ones I'd normally think would be cheaper like family sized packs over 3 pounds) were around the 5.99 or 6.99 area.  This could be different at different stores of course, or maybe in the meat raising states where they don't have to truck things far it's cheaper. But I live in the Northeast, and I suspect it's going up and up everywhere here.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

You can use this thread. I tweaked the title to include "on hiatus."

Yeah, I gave it a try out. Thanks for pointing me that way:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Thanks guys. Yeah, watching movies at home aren't the same without that big screen and movie popcorn/snacks. But when this is over I will be hauling ass to the movie theater regardless of whatever is playing. I'm actually making a list of all the things I'm going to do: spend a crapload at the mall, go to the libraries, a ton of restaurants (not all at once), see my friends...

Me too. I will be stoked.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

That's an excellent idea! I went out and got a gift card from a local restaurant- and now will do my best to find someone who could use it due to their job being in limbo. 

BTW, I while on my drive, I noticed there was at least one restaurant with someone doing food prep but NO sign indicating whether they were open or not. IF an eating establishment IS able to produce take-away food during this time, they'd better start spelling that out in HUGE capital letters on signs in the front of the building. Putting info on social media alone won't necessarily get all potential customers to discover the info as readily as a sign. 

• Like 6

I must be hallucinating. I was sure this thread was closed. 

Anyway, it’s snowing here but it sadly turns out that freezing temperatures do not kill the virus. 

My new neighbor’s 20-year old son is “home” from college. It’s 1:00am and I just had to bang on the window and tell him he couldn’t be 1 foot away from my bed smoking. 
Now I feel guilty and wish I could just find a new place to live that’s not 1000s of miles from any of my kids but that I can afford. I wonder if housing prices will go up or down after this is over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I find it ironic that, in my area, gasoline is 60 cents per gallon cheaper than it was in November but we are on restriction. Bastards!

gasbuddy.com

Edited by suomi
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Blergh said:

That's an excellent idea! I went out and got a gift card from a local restaurant- and now will do my best to find someone who could use it due to their job being in limbo. 

BTW, I while on my drive, I noticed there was at least one restaurant with someone doing food prep but NO sign indicating whether they were open or not. IF an eating establishment IS able to produce take-away food during this time, they'd better start spelling that out in HUGE capital letters on signs in the front of the building. Putting info on social media alone won't necessarily get all potential customers to discover the info as readily as a sign. 

I think afterwards the restaurants and diner spots will come back, but they are going to take a hit with the restrictions in place. I can't imagine all those waiters and busboys feeling right now that their service is cut and having quite a few there to work at the counter, taking orders. It is really sad to know people are taking a real hit. I could imagine all the casinos around the world suffering and all those new slots just taking a hit. I am sure both the entertainment and food industries would come back, but this is going to be so difficult in the long run.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Happy Birthday Spartan Girl!  🎁😀

Edited by Kelly
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Meanwhile, there are thousands of people just not taking any of this seriously. People who were still going to the pub up until Friday night, people going to beaches and massing in parks because the sun is out, And on the other end of the scale, the hoarders are buying up everything they can in supermarkets, even mobbing stores that were trying to limit the first hour of the day to emergency service staff only. So much for everyone mucking together and cooperating. Human beings are terrible.

One of my three adult daughters did not respond responsibly, which is why NYC is having to use resources to enforce responsible behavior (well, not just because of my daughter).
While much of her behavior since she was born in the 80s has frustrated me and made me angry, I also regret not having handled her mental health issues better (in spite of having never stopped trying), and now I am frustrated with the way local public leaders are just as ill-equipped to effectively message the millions like her, who are the ones who need to get the message.
Being on the bipolar spectrum while having a super-high IQ means that she really does know more than those in charge and so has no respect for any directives and so was out clubbing recently. Yesterday she said on the phone that she was going to find an underground cobbler. Soon she'll go into hibernation mode and create some art and be harmless again. But governors and mayors and cops scolding her will just make her and others like her defiant. I just wish they could temper their messages with, "we recognize that these restrictions are infringing on your personal freedoms..." or some such language. IDK. I never figured it out myself. Maybe there is nothing they can say to the mentally ill to make them voluntarily comply with directives necessary for everyone’s wellbeing. 
And, to be honest, because of her superior intelligence, I can't help wondering if she is right--that historians will see the economic impact of the shutdown on society as being far worse than had the virus been left to wipe out more than the hospitals and morgues could handle.
IDK. We should be interviewing people whose homes burned down. That's what it's going to be like, right?

Edited by shapeshifter · Reason: Typos
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Olympics have been postponed.  The Committee thinks next summer,  but that’s not official yet.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Ontario has ordered all non-essential services to shut by Tuesday at midnight.  I had zero idea that stores that aren't grocery stores, pharmacies and take-out were still open.  I'm mostly getting my groceries delivered these days.  I'm trying to avoid going out but old habits of buying groceries near like 5x a week are difficult to change.  I'm expecting a delivery today, tomorrow and another one later this week.

• Like 4

Tom Colicchio of Top Chef fame, had to shutter his restaurants, putting 300 people out of work.   He thinks that at most 25% of the restaurants will come back.   As he pointed out, it takes  a lot of money to reopen, and business won't be up to full capacity for a long time after that.  

• Sad 5

A lot of us will need to see therapists once this whole thing is over.  I know I will...

• Like 8

Trying to have a good birthday despite Michigan being on lockdown and I officially have to work from home. I know it's only for a while but still. At least I got my work computer set up here and it works albeit slowly.

Three weeks better do some impact in our state. I am sick of this. I would be happy just to have the library open again. And if I can't see Wicked on April 17th at our theater I will settle for Dear Evan Hansen in June. I know that's shallow but its been a long month.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, PRgal said:

A lot of us will need to see therapists once this whole thing is over.  I know I will...

I have an appointment tomorrow.  It will be over the phone.  When the receptionist called to remind me today she said I need to go ahead and schedule my next one or it would be into April, so, I think some may already be seeing an increase in sessions.  

• Like 6

I had my first online session with my therapist today. I've been seeing her in her office for a couple years or so. She went online-only about two weeks ago.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Happy Birthday @Spartan Girl

I left my property for the first time in nine days today.  I'm scouting out how to do my restocking of the stuff I expect to be out of in about a week or two.  My leaning is to not take up a delivery spot for those that need it more than me so I was checking out how full the parking lot was at the grocery store.  Just drove half a mile to the store and then home.

It seemed like the store was as full as it is any day after work but there wasn't really any traffic.  From the news I was expecting it to either be a madhouse or totally vacant.  Seemed to be neither of those.

I've definitely been cooped up enough that it felt strange to leave.  Also the act of leaving seems to have triggered the wanting to leave again when I had gotten used to staying home.  So that's irritating.

Oh, and I've caught myself referring to beyond my property as the "out world" twice. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if housing prices will go up or down after this is over.

I suspect they might go down.  My town is lousy with AirBnB's and I suspect that a lot will want to dump them after this, since traffic in town is as sparse as I've ever seen it.  I also have the luck to be moving in the middle of this.

Personally, I wonder how many people will now learn to cook.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

15 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I also have the luck to be moving in the middle of this.

One of my daughters --who is over 2000 miles away-- is scheduled to move at the end of the month. If the movers aren't working, she'll have to pay rent in two places. 😞

• Sad 4