Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Giant Misfit

COVID-19: This Topic Requires No Social Distancing

2 hours ago, auntlada said:

Which two?

See Shapeshifter's reply to my original post!

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Wait. Is it even possible to have a stash of chocolate? Sounds like an oxymoron to me. 😉

Exactly!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

8 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I've always washed fruit and vegetables with a bit of dish soap and water. Produce is nasty, and has been long before now.

ITA

• Like 2

8 hours ago, auntjess said:
And for those who can't find bread, I came across this easy recipe.

This looks yum...has anyone tried this recipe?

2 hours ago, Camille said:

Fellow ballet fans of New York City, I'm sorry to report that the New York City Ballet has decided to cancel it's spring season.

The dominoes just keep falling. . .

I'm guessing the American Ballet Theater is next. 

If this isn't the right place for such a post, I apologize.

I'm surprised that it took them this long, Broadway went dark at the beginning of March.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, Browncoat said:

One good thing about working from home -- I live by myself, so everything in my house is only touched by me.  That means I don't have to wash my hands 49,000 times a day like I do when I'm at work and am touching all the things that all the other people have touched. My poor, dry, cracked hands can heal!

I also live by myself, am working from home, haven't gone further than the mailbox since last Monday (except to pick up dinner from my parents' house the other night and I didn't go inside) but I still can't stop washing my hands 49,000 times a day. The groceries I bought last Monday have most likely been here long enough that anything the might have hitched a ride is gone by now...and yet.... 

I didn't have OCD before all this but I'm starting to think I'm developing it...I've been wondering, once all this is over, how long it's going to take before I feel safe just putting away my groceries or hugging my loved ones.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kelly said:

This looks yum...has anyone tried this recipe?

No, it showed up when I was looking for something else, and I thought my niece might like it.

22 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I didn't have OCD before all this but I'm starting to think I'm developing it...I've been wondering, once all this is over, how long it's going to take before I feel safe just putting away my groceries or hugging my loved ones.

If you have health insurance that includes mental health services, they are now doing video appointments. I haven't made one --yet-- so far my anxiety is still at usual levels --but if they should tell us we can't go for walks, I'll likely need to make one.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

If you have health insurance that includes mental health services, they are now doing video appointments. I haven't made one --yet-- so far my anxiety is still at usual levels --but if they should tell us we can't go for walks, I'll likely need to make one.

I do have insurance that does include at least some mental health coverage; I've considered it for other reasons in the past but this might be the thing that puts me over the edge.

I do need to get outside more. I didn't even check the mail today. I've at least been opening the blinds while I work.

• Like 4

I hope she dies in prison

Woman Arrested, Charged for Coughing on Grocery Store Produce

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Or go to Starbucks, or a restaurant, or shop without wearing latex gloves. It could be years.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

It might take a long time. Like those people who lived through the Depression and still kept their money in their mattresses many decades later.

I had a sort of vision today that in the not-too-distant future, everyone will own a hazmat suit and all houses and buildings will have disinfection chambers (kind of like a spray tan booth that sprays sanitizer). People will only be allowed outside in their hazmat suits, and inside only after passing through the disinfection chamber.

(I'm probably ready for a video session with a therapist at this point.)

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Thanks to those who posted more reassuring articles about food and grocery contamination!

It's insane, isn't it?  I scrubbed the limes because they have a tough outer coat and felt they could withstand it.  I was less sure what to do about grapes.  I ended up soaking them in water for a while and then rinsing them off before freezing them. 

But I do wipe down boxes or leave them in the garage for a few days before bringing them in. And I'll do that until I start running low on wipes.  (My work has some and I'm so tempted not to go in and take them.  What has this turned me into?)

Are you implying it's because the wealthy have more access to tests?  I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

It irks me every time I see someone famous get diagnosed with the virus who is asymptomatic yet the only way we can get tested in my state, allegedly, is if you're in the hospital, a nursing home or a health care worker. 

But I'm extra irked with the lack of testing because they just released models showing that we're going to get slammed, whatever we do, even with social distancing.  They're only hoping that they can push the peak out a little bit so they can try to increase hospital capacity.

6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I was at O'Reilly Auto Parts today (talk about an essential business!), and they had an X on the floor about 4 feet from the counter.  As I approached the counter, the employee stepped back away from the counter.  I put my stuff down and backed up to the X, at which point the employee stepped forward to the counter to ring it up.  He stepped back when I was doing my credit card.

It seems kind of silly, but it worked, and it's a lot better than what the employees manning the self-checkout area at stores are doing at grocery stores.  I guess they figure what the hell, they're surrounded by people all day long.

I'm jealous about your O'Reilly experience. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

My "panic buy" when this all started was eight bars of Theo's cherry and almond dark chocolate (normally I never buy more than two bars at a time). I've been able to ration myself to two squares a day. My motivation is to put off my next grocery store visit for as long as possible.

I couldn't afford to panic buy anything, and I wasn't watching the news, so I missed warnings to stock up on things. Since dad is still working, and driving all day, having to occasionally stop to use a bathroom, he's buying me Cadbury's mini eggs, once a week. I'm eating them *really* slowly. I don't remember the last time I had this much self-control, because I want them to last. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's insane, isn't it?  I scrubbed the limes because they have a tough outer coat and felt they could withstand it.  I was less sure what to do about grapes.  I ended up soaking them in water for a while and then rinsing them off before freezing them

I usually microwave fruit that doesn’t have a peel or rind (due only in small part to periodic outbreaks of bacterial illnesses due to issues like fieldworkers and fruit pickers not having breaks or access to sanitary toilets etc.)
It’s kind of an Internet meme to make fun of people who microwave fruit, but I like it and there’s no pan required like with stovetop cooking --but that works too. 
Usually it’s apples cut into bite-size pieces or, in season, halved strawberries. I then stir in yogurt or sour cream and a little honey if needed, or just cottage cheese.
I’ve only done it with grapes if I’m concerned about bacteria, or when I was on chemo (4 years ago) and couldn’t put cold things into my mouth.
I started doing it with just apples, cinnamon, and honey for my kids as a healthy “dessert” back in the 80s. Back then I did it in a pan on the stove because I didn’t have a microwave.

Anyway, note that Coronaviruses are resistant to freezing, but cannot withstand heat.
I don’t know if Coronavirus left in a freezer long enough (like a week) would die, or if —like in various sci-fi apocalypse movies and TV shows— it would still be alive. 🦠
But when peaches and strawberries were in season and on sale, I froze a lot to quickly microwave later. Sadly, they’re all gone now. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It might take a long time. Like those people who lived through the Depression and still kept their money in their mattresses many decades later.

My grandfather used to have a money in a lot of different banks, partly to keep it safe and partly because when they gave away stuff for opening accounts, he'd open an account. He also had gold coins, and the rumor was that he buried gold and money in jars in the backyard. Occasionally, he'd dig it up and change where it was buried, so he had to keep redrawing the maps. That's what my father said, but we always played a little loose with the facts if it made a good story.

• Like 4

Whenever I get overly anxious about the state of the world (frequently!) I watch this because it never fails to make me laugh:

• Laugh 11

@Kelly, I've made the regular no-knead several times but not the faster method from the video. I used bread flour and used beer for half of the liquid because it improves the taste, Until last year, I was doing great and then I couldn't get the dough to rise and get bubbly. I blame the new gas stove that doesn't feel warm on top like the old one.

Eventually, I'll run out of bread here and try the shorter method although I wish I had some beer to add to it and I'm skeptical about using all-purpose flour.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ABay said:

I was doing great and then I couldn't get the dough to rise and get bubbly. I blame the new gas stove that doesn't feel warm on top like the old one.

Try on top of the fridge (not in it!).

• Like 1

Inasmuch as it's squeezed out so many independent and local cafes and restaurants worldwide( to say nothing of having IMO unimaginative and unoriginal offerings), I usually dislike Starbucks and all it represents.

However; Starbucks is now offering free cups of coffee to health care workers during this affliction. Moreover, several restaurants in my city are offering vouchers for up to $25 on meals (all the above items to go, of course). I realize that all the above entities are in no small part doing so inasmuch as health care workers right now are one of the few job categories that provide steady paychecks and they want us to think of them so we can keep patronizing them through and after this time but I still think that's a cool thing for them to have done. 

• Like 8

17 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

IMO, golf hasn't been a form of exercise since they made golf carts available. Back in the day, when golfers walked the course...that was exercise.

I kind of thought this as well, and I do try to walk the course when it's not a million degrees out or one of those courses that is built on a mountain. I am not a goat.

But I played in a couple of charity outings last summer for work, and even with using the cart, my FitBit tracked me to having 20,000 steps those days. Still not a bad day, and I had plenty of energy left at the end of the day to have a cocktail and spend way too much money on the charity auction items.

I haven't looked into whether or not the courses are open here. I imagine being in NY, they're probably closed. As they should be.

Although, if they could figure out a way to have all the people who need to run the golf course to still do so without having direct contact with each other (highly unlikely,) and then let golfers on the course one at a time, maybe paying online so they don't have to interact with anybody at the course...

Just show your receipt and tee time on your phone to the starter who is sitting in a booth on the first tee behind glass, that would be kind of awesome. Just fly around the course one at a time, I could probably get in a whole round in like 120 minutes.  That would do wonders for my brain to get out of the house and do something mentally and physically challenging.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ABay said:

@Kelly, I've made the regular no-knead several times but not the faster method from the video. I used bread flour and used beer for half of the liquid because it improves the taste, Until last year, I was doing great and then I couldn't get the dough to rise and get bubbly. I blame the new gas stove that doesn't feel warm on top like the old one.

Eventually, I'll run out of bread here and try the shorter method although I wish I had some beer to add to it and I'm skeptical about using all-purpose flour.

Interesting...I’d like to try this recipe, if you make it - post your results! 😀

• Like 1

The UK health minister has it too.

Uganda, Eritrea and Angola have announced their first cases of coronavirus, meaning 42 of Africa’s 54 countries are now affected by the outbreak.

Make it stop, PLEASE.

Edited by Camille
  • Sad 7

Jenny Can Cook has wonderful recipes!  The bread is delicious!

Daughter has us under lockdown!  She loves us and worries!

Those partying in Florida will flock North and gobble up all the resources because they are entitled to their best life.  The hell with those of us that followed the rules.

I believe the old stabilize the young.  My son who has traveled the world , raised wonderful children and has a very good job asked me 'what do you think Mom?'.  I told him everything will be fine.  Scientists will find a vaccine and life will return to normal.

So please don't underestimate us older folks.  We keep chaos on the down low!

To everybody worrying calm down. As everything in life 'this too shall pass'!

Patience grasshopper!

• Like 9

Ugh, I do/did, plus I've always been a bit of a germ-phobe (which, similarly to being neat, is not necessarily directly connected to actual OCD tendencies). So this has been especially fun (particularly the OCD-related "intrusive thoughts") -- though I do wonder if, on the other hand, it has also given me a bit of an edge?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ugh, I do/did, plus I've always been a bit of a germ-phobe (which, similarly to being neat, is not necessarily directly connected to actual OCD tendencies). So this has been especially fun (particularly the OCD-related "intrusive thoughts") -- though I do wonder if, on the other hand, it has also given me a bit of an edge?

Yes, at least for me, it's kind of no big deal to avoid germs if you've already been doing it for decades. It comes naturally.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ABay said:

You might try putting the bowl on heating pad on low to proof, if you have one. In winter I do that, and wrap a bath towel around it as well, as my kitchen is a bit drafty.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Useful 2

On 3/26/2020 at 1:44 AM, Blergh said:

Today Mama got a call from a friend of hers in a local nursing home- just when they thought things were tough re not being able to have any visitors, the whole facility went on total lockdown! Yep, now the residents can't even leave their rooms/suites for any reason and must get their food via staff serving them on trays!  It seems that one resident may have tested positive.

My uncle is in the same boat. At least he has a little suite with a small living room and kitchenette (microwave and minifridge) so he's not just stuck in a bedroom. I don't know that anyone has tested positive there, though. 

On 3/26/2020 at 7:12 AM, Kiki777 said:

What about produce, since it’s sitting out there in the stores?  Are people washing it in soap and water?

I did wash the apples and bananas and stuff that I had, just in a clean dishpan with some soap, then rinsed well.

16 hours ago, Jane Tuesday said:

Does it show the number of tests that have been done, or just the positives? I'm wondering if wealthier areas show a higher percentage of positives at the beginning of the "curve". This thing is so closely tied to travel - especially international travel - which tends to be the arena of the rich.

I figured that's part of the reason urban areas were hit first - much higher rates of travel. (Plus much closer "living" in general.)

New Jersey has a site that shows a breakdown by county as well. It does show negative test results (with a note about that data that says it represents about 90% of the testing capacity in the state). The negatives are about double the positives, at this point, so I guess that's good. They have a map and you can see that the closer you get to NYC, the more there are (Bergen County tops the list, basically right next to Manhattan). The numbers go down as you go south, and west. (Unfortunately I live and work in the current #4 and #3 spots, respectively, though I'm working from home at least through next week.)

https://covid19.nj.gov/ (the map and numbers are at the bottom of the page)

15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Wait. Is it even possible to have a stash of chocolate? Sounds like an oxymoron to me. 😉

I found a bag of Hershey Kisses that was meant to go to work but I hadn't brought in yet. Did not think to bring home the can of Kisses I have there, but I did bring the unopened bar of Pascha 70% dark chocolate. I do miss my We Rate Dogs calendar, though. Must go check their facebook page and get my fix.

8 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm eating them *really* slowly. I don't remember the last time I had this much self-control, because I want them to last. 

I think I am subconsciously doing that with ice cream. I bought two pints of Irish Cream Brownie ice cream last Monday and only just opened the second one last night. I wasn't really thinking specifically of conserving them, but normally they would not have lasted a week. I also have a half gallon (or whatever size they are these days) of mint chocolate chip that I haven't opened. Hell, I might actually lose a few pounds by the end of this.

3 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I probably have relatively mild generalized anxiety at this point (I used to have panic attacks but haven't really in quite a while, and have been off medication for years). I occasionally find myself checking the stove after I've gone to bed, and tend to freak out thinking I didn't lock the door when I'm going to be gone overnight (but never when I'm just going about my normal routine). But I've never been super-concerned with cleaning/germs; now I feel like everything might be contaminated and I have a feeling that will stick with me for a while, at least.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

now I feel like everything might be contaminated and I have a feeling that will stick with me for a while, at least.

I wonder if the effects on our DNA of centuries "survival of the fittest"  through smallpox, the Spanish flu, etc.,  mean that something "turns on" in our brains at times like these to make us more hyper-vigilant --kind of similar to the "fight or flight" responses.

Maybe when it's all over there will be studies showing that the more chill people had higher infection rates, and maybe higher mortality rates too.

But then there's Typhoid Mary who had no symptoms. She was isolated, so had no children to pass on her apparently typhus-resistant DNA.

• Like 5

I probably have relatively mild generalized anxiety at this point (I used to have panic attacks but haven't really in quite a while, and have been off medication for years). I occasionally find myself checking the stove after I've gone to bed, and tend to freak out thinking I didn't lock the door when I'm going to be gone overnight (but never when I'm just going about my normal routine). 

Yuppity yup yup! And I have a fixation with accidentally leaving our windows open--not because I think I will get robbed but because I worry that our cats will bust out the screen and get out. In fact, a lot of it is based on the safety of my cats over that of myself.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Anyway, note that Coronaviruses are resistant to freezing, but cannot withstand heat.

I did know that.  Apparently they theorize it can freeze up to two years.  When there was a backup at the lab, they chose to freeze the tests to test later while focusing on the high priority cases.

I froze the grapes not to kill cornoavirus but because I was craving frozen grapes.

• Like 7

The longer I stay at home, the less likely I am to want to leave my house.  I forced myself to go on a drive this morning (and noted that gas is $1.75/gal!  So cheap!), just to get out.  I also supported the local DQ, buying a blizzard.  Drive-thru only, of course.

• Like 7

I try to go for at least a 30 minute walk every day.
Due to 12 rounds of chemotherapy 4 years ago, I have no cilia inside my nose, so if I look down at the ground to watch where I’m going, or if it’s cold or windy, my nose drips. Every walk is at least a 3 Kleenex affair. Lately when I blow my nose in public, people seem to take a step back, even though I’m 20 ft. away. 
So it just occurred to me that anyone could carry a Kleenex in your pocket to make careless crowding people step back. 😉

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Yuppity yup yup! And I have a fixation with accidentally leaving our windows open--not because I think I will get robbed but because I worry that our cats will bust out the screen and get out. In fact, a lot of it is based on the safety of my cats over that of myself.

I have the same feline anxiety - we have two cats, and I worry constantly about them getting out. In the past, we went through a LOT of medical issues with our kitties. We have 2 healthy cats now, and I am just so grateful that we're not in a situation where we our having to be at the vet all the time. 

*Side note, for all animal lovers, we should thank our vets too! I've reached out to some of my favs (sadly, I've worked with a lot over the last few years), and they are also working through this, with limited gear and trying to minimize their exposure so they can stay open. 

One other personal vent/fear - my mother is 75, with asthma and mild COPD, and lives alone. I haven't seen her in weeks. Because I still feel like we aren't 100% sure how this virus spreads, I feel like every time we go to the store, we risk being exposed again. I'm tempted to drive up to see her, and just stay away from her, and chat from the backyard or something. Thankfully, she has a younger neighbor couple that checked in and offered to order things for her. But I have a horrible fear of passing the virus to her.

I HATE that she has to deal with this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

The longer I stay at home, the less likely I am to want to leave my house.  I forced myself to go on a drive this morning (and noted that gas is $1.75/gal!  So cheap!), just to get out.  I also supported the local DQ, buying a blizzard.  Drive-thru only, of course.

I have a DQ across from my condo complex and my mom asked if I wanted anything on Monday (after they dropped off a computer mouse for me on their way back from my dad's physical therapy appointment); I said no, but a few minutes later I got a sad message saying they were closed, now, anyway. Maybe because they don't have a drive-through or outside window...

(I dug out my mouse, which I don't use much at home, only to find the batteries had leaked and now it doesn't work. Going to see if I can clean out the dried battery guts and get it working again. My work laptop is smaller than my own, or my regular keyboard at work, and I am constantly hitting wrong keys, and some of the keys are not the same so my keyboard shortcuts are harder to do; the mouse makes things at least a little easier. My dad's a computer nerd, so of course he had a spare.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

. Going to see if I can clean out the dried battery guts and get it working again

Baking soda in water and Q-tips maybe?  vinegar

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Baking soda in water and Q-tips maybe?

My dad revived my TV remote from the same affliction a couple years ago; I believe it was white vinegar. Just haven't had time/inclination to do it yet. (And the remote was a lot worse. It is also the only way to switch the input between the cable box and dvd player so I was pretty annoyed when I wanted to watch a movie one night and couldn't. It is literally the only thing I use the actual TV remote for; everything else I can do with the cable remote.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I did wash the apples and bananas and stuff that I had, just in a clean dishpan with some soap, then rinsed well.

I'm curious as to why you wash bananas, since they have their own hazmat suits.

2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

It's still almost $3.00 where I am 😞

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Brookside said:

I'm curious as to why you wash bananas, since they have their own hazmat suits.

Paranoia.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

No, you need to rinse fruit off, so you don't get fruit flies swirling around your house.   

My governor (Alabama) finally issued a closure order for everything non-essential.   This means until 17 April, no more salons, gyms, nail places, and department stores.    Some owners are already whining because Walmart can stay open as a grocery store, even though they sell clothes and similar items.  (I recognized the man complaining on the local news conference, he owns an upscale outerwear, and beach clothes store, certainly non-essential to the public right now.  Actually you could buy a lot of clothes at Wally World or Target  for what one of the shirts he sells costs). 

I'm so scared for everyone in hospitals.    They said here about half of the hospitalized patients in this state need a respirator.   They have enough for now, but not if the numbers keep going up or hospitalized people.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

I’m glad that stores like Wal-Mart and Target can stay open - with so many people unable to go to the laundromat they can pop in for essentials and some extra underwear.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

My dad revived my TV remote from the same affliction a couple years ago; I believe it was white vinegar. Just haven't had time/inclination to do it yet. (And the remote was a lot worse. It is also the only way to switch the input between the cable box and dvd player so I was pretty annoyed when I wanted to watch a movie one night and couldn't. It is literally the only thing I use the actual TV remote for; everything else I can do with the cable remote.)

Your dad is right about the vinegar.
I just Googled: remove battery corrosion from computer mouse

(baking soda is for car batteries)

I did buy a new TV remote from Amazon for my 10-year-old TV.

• Like 2

By the way!  If any of you are getting chapped, cracked hands from all the 20-second washings - that O’Keefe stuff (in the round green tubs) works WONDERS.  After a day of using it my hands are almost good as before.

(sorry to sound all commercial-y, now back to your regularly scheduled postings...)

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Stimulus I is now law. The checks should be in bank accounts no later than April 17th. Paper checks may not be out until May. I'm not sure how quick the expanded UI will take effect.

16 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

By the way!  If any of you are getting chapped, cracked hands from all the 20-second washings - that O’Keefe stuff (in the round green tubs) works WONDERS.  After a day of using it my hands are almost good as before.

(sorry to sound all commercial-y, now back to your regularly scheduled postings...)

I totally back this up. I work(ed) in the food service industry, so my hands were in sanitizer solution all the time. O'Keefe Working Hands really does the job.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Stimulus I is now law. The checks should be in bank accounts no later than April 17th. Paper checks may not be out until May. I'm not sure how quick the expanded UI will take effect.

Curious how the gov't would get my bank account info?  From my employer or the IRS? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, partofme said:

Curious how the gov't would get my bank account info?  From my employer or the IRS? 

You only get direct deposit if you filed your taxes that way, for either 2019 or 2018. All others will get paper checks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

You only get direct deposit if you filed your taxes that way, for either 2019 or 2018. All others will get paper checks.

Yeah I always do that's why I suggested the IRS.  This is good news because I haven't been to my apartment since March 12.

• Like 1

Since I still have a job that is pretty secure, I will likely use my check to help local businesses stay in business.  Either through purchases or direct donation.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

One other personal vent/fear - my mother is 75, with asthma and mild COPD, and lives alone. I haven't seen her in weeks. Because I still feel like we aren't 100% sure how this virus spreads, I feel like every time we go to the store, we risk being exposed again. I'm tempted to drive up to see her, and just stay away from her, and chat from the backyard or something. Thankfully, she has a younger neighbor couple that checked in and offered to order things for her. But I have a horrible fear of passing the virus to her.

I HATE that she has to deal with this.

I’m so sorry:  it’s just an awful situation.

Theoretically (and I know this is not your situation), if you *know* a relative has completely self-isolated for a 14 day+ quarantine period (like other immediate family, not extended relatives that you might not know as well), and you know that you (general you) have completely self-isolated for that period (with the only risk factors for each party being getting mail and getting grocery *delivery* without going into any store), what are people’s thoughts on the acceptability of meeting in person?  Of course, that probably would violate many stay-at-home orders, I guess, unless it fell under the “need to check on/ care for relative” exception.

• Like 1